Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapIce and Snow  - Page 5 I_voting_barIce and Snow  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapIce and Snow  - Page 5 I_voting_barIce and Snow  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Ice and Snow

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

Ice and Snow  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 am

Kofoid turned to Jazz and tried to calm her down. "Azeroth is not saying hope is totally wrong. He is saying hope can lead to great emotional strife. He is saying hope can be used by our enemies as well. But this does not mean we must abandon hope. Emotion as a time and a place, in some battles it will fuel your bending and make you stronger, but it can also blind you. From hope you can derive two responses. A strong emotional response, or a stronger will. Both can be strong, but will in the end is stronger because it is easier to control than emotion. Everyone has hope, it doesn't mean they will win however." Kofoid turned to Azeroth and responsed. "If hope is used by both good and evil people, then hope itself is neither good nor evil. This leads to the conclusion hope is what we make it, on a personal level. Jazz's hope is to avenge her tribe, Orkel's hope is to avenge his parents and mine is to train a great student. And once each of us completes these we will have a sense of meaning, and we will need to find another reason to hope for. Or we can die hoping, die thinking we were doing good. Which from another person's perspective could be evil. An example Jazz wants revenge on the gang that destroyed her tribe, if she does what if a gang member has a wife and children, will they think Jazz a good an hopeful being. No they will hate Jazz for killing their loved one. It all leads back to us, hope is not good or evil, but it has personal meaning. And it can drive our will or emotion, and for everyone it does one or the other." Kofoid said, spewing his lifes learning all at once. He threw in one more thing to Azeroth. "Azeroth, we are always learning to the day we die." Kolfoid said smiling. "Thank you for teaching me a few things."

Orkel let this sink in. He would have usually acted like Jazz. With great emotion. He still may have when presented with the right incentive. But this is what Kolfoid had been trying to do, calm our emotion without destroying our hope. In the end we still have will to fight for change, but are not blinded by emotion. If things got much worse for Jazz Orkel may have to intervene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 am

Azeroth smiled as he saw hope in the next generation, this hope he strive to keep in the grey zone had now greatly shifted. He still felt strongly of staying out of peoples drama and avoid wars, yet he knew that sooner or large the war to end all wars would begin.

" this boy will become a strong bender and a very wise man when he grews old. My opinions on the political matter are different from what I have told you. What you here now jazz are the opinions all over the globe. People will always have different opinions and beliefs. I never said I can control emotion and I never said I want to control hope. I have mixed feelings on the world politics and tend to stay away from them, yet when nations ask for my advice on the matter I will give my opinion and its there choice to take it. With the worlds history I decided to dedicate my life to research in ways that one day we can find peace in the idea of information where everyone is equal."

He paused as he then recalled her old question

" back to your original question, there is no way to avoid hurting people with your bending. Even if you teach someone there can be consequences as I taught a man the idea of bending and thermodynamics. That boy was once a human long ago before his greed forced him to take drastic measures and he became a crimelord. That mans name which you might of heard is Te No Osaro, the leader of the Twin Blade clan. Once I found out he betrayed my teaching to be civil, honest, and trust in the honor of life....it broke my heart. Than with the destrcution of the elemental kingdom..."

He paused as he collected his emotions.

" my mother and father where killed on the attack, though I am 40 years of age. I will never forget the millions of lives lost for a pointless war that derived from a believe of total conquest. I than secluded myself from the world and dedicated my endless time to create technology and resources to avoid war."

He stopped as took a chair and sat down. With the amount of emotions and flashbacks for the first time i n years, he felt drained.
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Jazz listened to every word that Azeroth said. When he sat, smile smiled and walked ever and knelt beside him, and kissed the much other mans cheek for sympathy. "Azeroth, you and I are similar. I knew you had emotion, I just had to remind you what they were about." She stood back up and stated once more. "Your apprentice was brash, and a fool. People make mistakes, we are people. You can be what you want to be, whether it be what you are now, or someone different. It looks to me, like you think you have mastered your emotions, but to me, and by your statements of your past, your living in one giant emotion. Grief. Food for thought for you, friend."
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Orkel thought he would interject now. "Azeroth, I have a question. Your apprentice turned against his word, did you not try to stop him when he did? If not why not?" Orkel did not want to make Azeroth feel any worse but the more info he had on these Twin Blades the better he would fare against them if he ever came across the again.

Kofoid had felt the same that Azeroth felt, in a different way however. "I know betrayal." Kofoid said. "I understand how it felt Azeroth. One moment my dear wife turned on me and tried to kill me. At first I thought SHE betrayed me but she was possessed. Something from my past tried to kill me. For all I know it may still be trying to kill me." Kofoid said, reliving the moment where he had to kill his wife. "If you three don't mind, I need to walk now. I will be fine do not worry." Kolfoid walked into the snow and departed for while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm

The kiss on his cheek made him very awkwardly uncomfortable he just looked at her then dismissed it. Rubbing his face he looked back at the boy who asked him a question. Listening intently he himself wanted to ask this very question but he never made any effort to solve it.

" I do not know, after a year he formed the Twin Blade clan. Though a year later I met a man named Exodus the man who trained Red X. He himself is a Mind and Dark bender. A master assassin, a man once belong to the creed he hated Osaro though he is second in command of the clan. Once I knew of this I sided with Exodus and I create tools of technology for him to overpower Osaro. I had recently spoke to him and he is revolting against Osaro."

He said as he rubbed his chin. This was one of his ways to get back at the betrayal Osaro had done to him. He knew violence was never the answer but in Osaro's case it was the only way to remove him or kill him.

"Yet Osaro is a powerful Spirit bender and blood bender. He is a man who only knows violence so over throwing his tyranny as the Clan leader of the Twin Blade Clan...that has its benefits. If we can remove him from power I can send in a word to Exodus to help find the people who killed your family or their rival gang. Then and only then will your parents be at rest."

He turned and began to walk away back to his laboratory.

"If you do not mind I must get back to work as the study of Alien life outside of our own world does not work on its own!! Remember keep training and training! I will return !"
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Orkel listened. Only then would his parents be at rest. This makes sense, it makes sense as to why they were able to communicate with him when he almost died. This leaves one course of action. Continue training with Azeroth and help him defeat Osaro, then defeat the person or people who killed his parents. With his parents at rest Orkel believed his emotions would then be at rest. They still stirred and raged inside him. He turned to Jazz and said. "Well that was...interesting. Want to go inside its cold out here."

Kofoid was already on his way back, he had thought about his wife which brought up old emotions. He has accepted it though so he quickly put his emotions in order. While one feeling he couldn't shake was the demon still lived. That would mean his wife's spirit was not at rest, because she was tormented so. He thought about asking Azeroth maybe he knew something or knew someone who could help. Kofoid noticed Azeroth gone and figured he was busy at the moment, and dared not ask anything more of him right now. Kofoid nodded at Orkel and Jazz saying. "I am going to get some rest. We will be here a long time." Kofoid said as he went inside.
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 am

Jazz looked at Orkel. She was enjoying the blizzzard but she deccided going inside is good too. "Yeah sounds good." It would be quite some time, training. This shall be fun
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 am

As they entered the building Orkel turned to Jazz. "Do you meditate?" He asked. "I think meditating would help you become more at peace with yourself and the world. It really does help sort out what is what and your emotions as well. If you want I could try to help you do it." Orkel said no quite ready to turn in for the night.
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Jazz looked over at Orkel. "I suppose so, anything worth a try."
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Orkel said. "Ok then, cross you legs and get into a relaxing sitting position. The clear your mind think of nothing focus on your breathing...in...out...in...out. Then let your mind wander it will show you things you never thought of." Orkel said as he started to meditate. Orkel thought of his parents not at rest. This brought up emotion, but he controlled his breathing and soon his emotion subsided. The he saw a flash. While Orkel was meditating he saw his master being attacked by a group this time. Then it flashed showing the water bender about to strike down his master, with the scar on his face. He was then transported to a land. It looked like home but it was all black a grey. The scent of blood was heavy in the air and bodies were everywhere. He could not make heads or tales of who was who. Eternal fires burned in the distance, and a nearby forest was dead, and burning still. Orkel was shocked. When he had heard of a war to end all wars this was not what he had imagined. But now this is what stuck in his mind.

Kofoid was suddenly awoken. He had dreamt of the demon that possessed his wife. It wasn't dead in his dreams, but it seemed like it knew something. It laughed menacingly. Kofoid couldn't do anything but just woke up. He went to seek out Azeroth. When he found Azeroth he said. "I am sorry to interrupt you. I should listen to my own words but my emotions get the better of me from time to time still. Do you know of fire demons?" Kofoid said, fearing what he may find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice and Snow
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next