Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_vote_lcapIce and Snow  - Page 4 I_voting_barIce and Snow  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_vote_lcapIce and Snow  - Page 4 I_voting_barIce and Snow  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Ice and Snow

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

Ice and Snow  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Orkel was confused at first. Azeroth's tactics seemed to have been the same as His and Jazz's. After thinking about he realized what Azeroth did. Orkel could not use that same tactic however his fire did not burn hot enough to melt through the rock in one slice. It would also take a lot of energy out of him to make a blade that large. If he, however threw a bunch of smaller fire balls near the base and then deliver a large blow at the top, that should do the trick. Orkel held off on trying it though.

Kofoid was impressed, however this was not the lesson he expected Azeroth to show them. This was still a good lesson however. Kofoid spoke up. "This may be because I was raised an airbender but that is not the way I would have done. Still very impressive Azeroth." Kofoid said.
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Jazz smiled as she watched the events unfold. He is quite the thinker and planner. She could have done that as well, but.. to the mountain instead. Jazz looked over at Azeroth. "I have a question. Your thinking outside the box for this, but what if that rock was enemy soldiers killing your men? Risking that your bending could cut a mountain like that is an irrational move. If the mountain was strong enough to withstand it would have been a waste of time and more of your men could be dead! Why would you risk such on an unconventional way, even if it had worked today!" He is smarter then I expected, but in ways I didn't..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 pm

He tilted his head at the man who seemed more or less lost at what he had taught the people before him. He looked at the man like he was a fool or just confused.

"My lesson I never bluntly tell you. My lessons are what the person interprets and you missed the point. My point is that you can not start out with your strongest attack and expect results. Once your ace card is revealed in the beginning of the fight your opponent will know it. You must twist and fold. Be creative!"

He said as he pointed at the rocks.

" I said attack the rock with your best move. That did not entirely mean your strongest. To topple an new opponent which is this rock. You must survey your surroundings and use it as your weapon as well. Both of you bluntly attacked without thinking or becoming a strategist in your battles."

He stopped as he watched to see if anyone was listening.

" Above me if noticed is a rock formation that was build into my home, if you attacked if that could have destroyed the rock. Now where the rock was sitting, its on a cliff. You attack the cliff the rock would fall to the ground below and shatter. WHAT I was teaching is that you must think outside the box."

He stopped as the girl asked him a very good question. He smiled as he enjoyed those kinds of questions.

"Bending is just another form of energy. Most benders just release it at a target and hope for the best. Like me I understand that energy can be manipulated as out bodies digs deep down inside and can usher this energy out and use it as a weapon. You must be able to train your body and this will take years but when you master it you can do this."

He said as a large energy blade form from his light bending. Five feet long of his fist and it hummed from the amount of energy. Then it began to curve like a scythe. Azeroth opened his hands and the blade vanished, a dragon formed of light began to twirl and dance in his hand. Then it vanished in thin air.

" You understand the manipulation of energy you can do anything."

Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Jazz looked with amazement at his display but shook her head.

"I do not have means to challenge your views, but bending is far more then manipulation. You can control bending all you want, but if you risk moves as such, it could backfire! while i agree that thinking differently causes good things to happen at times, I feel as if even the most master bender shouldn't risk the lives, but rather give a brute attack at first, and think smarter afterwords. Trick the opponent to believe your more heart then head."
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Orkel listened intently and said. "I understand, Azeroth. Thank you for this important lesson I will meditate on it." Orkel said as he sat back and watched the events unfold.

Kofoid caught Azeroth's glance, and frowned. It had been ages since he was treated like a child. He hated it. He then turned to Jazz and said. "Jazz as a master bender he can use moves like that without tiring himself out, someday you will do the same. That move for him was like what an icicle shard is for you. You can't always beat something head on. But you are right where bending is more than just manipulation. You must be one with the element. Something I think Azeroth knows a lot more about than he lets on" Kofoid smiled because he finally saw what Azeroth was teaching, even though he used what seemed like his strongest move it was barely the surface. And he applied it on the rock just in the right spot to get a result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Azeroth pointed at the older man and nodded his head.

"He is 100% correct. Though manipulation is a part of it, a true understand is another. That much is correct. What it is not is believing in yourself, love, and all tat crap I hear from fools. To understand bending is to understand your limitations and also what fuels your ambitions."

He stood and looked at Jazz.

" You think you can beat me in a fight to the death just because you believe in the idea of winning? Either that your a fool or your miss guided and whoever taught you before was either dropped on her head or shes the same fool that lead the fire nation to attack the earth kingdom 700 years ago."

He walked pasted her as he pulled open a cabinet and out came the new version of a semi automatic rifle.

" I am a man of the future, I am a man of science, I am a man of finding answers to everything. I am also immortal because of the Spirit King and training the next avatar of every next generation. My energy is unlimited, my needs for knowledge knows no bounds. It has been 700 years since the idea of "hoping" and believing meant something. "

He said as he twirled the gun in his hand.

" I am also a man who creates weapons and new age of technology and soon the stars in the sky will be my home. We are in an age of revolution of information, wit the war with the magicians, soon the economy and resources will crash and the need for "hope" will die with it."

He paused a she put the rifle away and walked back and sat back down in a chair.

" So tell me Jazz, what happens where hope itself is not enough? What happens when the age of culture and tradition is overwhelmed by new the age of technology and power, what will you have now?"

This was a test his words itself was a question he himself struggled over. Believing in the traditionally aspect of knowledge and the seek for eternal peace. A man who knew that war is part of life and it is in human nature.
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Jazz was fueled by anger, rage. He insults the way my master taught me? to be smart, and cunning not irrational and brash?

"You think your so smart don't you! Just because you have some sick authoritarian view on how because your such a great bender and some science marvel doesn't mean your way is right! You think just because of the little inventions you and the rest of this world create means your I'm a fool for believing in hope!?" She paused, tears in her eyes.

"My father was a man who believed in hope! Sure, he may be gone but look what he has inspired! You think we are all just meant to fight! To go and kill, that it will never change! I will tell you what becomes of people with no hope! Monsters like you! I would almost definitely lose to you in a fight to the death! But I would die fighting for what I believe in! I would die in peace! who are you to say my teacher was a fool! An idea of winning may not strike down an opponent, but without hope, without love, without those true emotions you will just be a heartless creature bent on watching a changing world, but not having the gull to change it for the better! You think that little invention you built will help solve the world!? No! it will only cause more pain and make others monsters like you! monsters who don't believe in hope! I will die right here on this mountain willingly, because I have accepted that hope can change the world. Hope can save lives, like it saved mine!"
Back to top Go down
MattDave
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
MattDave

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Orkel had agreed with Jazz. Without hope he would not have been here training. Without hope he would have resigned that his family had died. Without hope he may be dead right now. But he has found a measure of peace finally. Orkel felt bad for Jazz, but it wasn't he place to interfere yet, this may be another of Azeroth's lessons.

Kofoid couldn't decide to like or hate Azeroth. One moment he spouts brilliance another he is dark and spouts drivel. Kofoid thought he would speak up and say. "Hope...hope is one's greatest ally in the darkest time, hope is fighting for a better tomorrow. Hope in the end, is all we can do." Kofoid said hoping his point got across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

A smirk grew across his face as the emotion he dug for with just simple words, he got what he wanted. He crossed his arms as his test would continue to drive out her emotion to see if this would spark what really drove his bending.

" Before I go on, I am not authoritarian. I would have to be against change and strict, not open to other opinions."

He waved his hands away at the suggestion as it made him laugh to much.

" That emotion is what drives humanity, that emotion also causes destruction. They also had hope for their causes, each side had hope. It either was peace of hate, each side believed in hope to change the world. Much like the Fire Nation 700 years ago had hope to rule the world and the following wars after. Each side believed in hope and each side caused nothing but death."

" Do I think I am intelligent, yes I am the most intelligent person in the world. Even without my inventions in war and my others I keep secret. There will always be someone to create or destroy. Each side will find ways to prove that they are correct. Look at history, look at how many wars. The Magicians ! They were the first benders on the planet and they have hope to take back their homeland. THEY HAVE HOPE !! Much like you ! Much like how your father gave you, inspired you!"

He let the information sink in, then he turned to the fire bender.

" Orkel is a Mercenary he killed people, so he had his hope to complete his job. He has hope to become a better, stronger bender. "

" So if hope can heal and destroy, what is hope really?"

He sent the table perfectly for everyone, his own question that he wanted answered.

" You want to know my answer to that? With how much I could answer but yet it tossed up more questions. Humans are the most destructive creatures on the planet. We strive to achieve the greatest and to be powerful. People much like you strive for peace and the hope to see the day shine the brightest. Other people disagree and want total control and power. The Magicians are much like you, the seek to have their homeland back yet we are here. So I ask why couldn't they be happy where they are? Simple, they were here first and believe that they're the rightful owners and will fight to get things back.

What happens when someone attacks you? Kills thousands? You must fight back as people on a mission to wipe you out will not listen to reason. There will always be Black and White, Yin and Yang, Right and wrong. This lesson is the most important lesson of all as you Jazz have failed and passed. The firebender had passed, he was calm collective and was thinking of the reasons to why I said the things I said. People who react in emotion can cause either reckless acts of aggression which you have some in your words and which you have also shown that compassion is what also can drive the possibility in speech."

He then acknowledged the older gentlemen.

"He passed as well as I expected him too, not reckless act of emotion. Calm, Collective, yet he spoke his opinion calmy. he has control over his chi and bending. Just from his words I can tell that he has experiance. Much like your friend who also came here to learn. His silence was all the answers I needed."

He paused as he nodded his head to the older gentlemen.

"I ask you again, if hope can destroy and heal. What is hope exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Kiraofthesand
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Kiraofthesand

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Jazz shook her head. "Emotions are uncontrollable. You may think you have them under control. Azeroth, you are an arrogant stubborn human, who believes that hope is a flaw. In my opinion, I would rather die then keep quiet about my feelings. Sure emotion can be harmful, but it has saved so many lives. Even you, know the powers of morale. You may believe i failed your first test, but I have succeeded mine. Hope is an idea for the mass. You are not the smartest person on this planet Azeroth, as your views and opinions lack heart, and understanding." Jazz paused before continuing.

"I don't expect you to change, but to me, Id die a million times over to save a hundred, for that, is humanities greatest gift. Sacrifice."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice and Snow    Ice and Snow  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice and Snow
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next