Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_vote_lcapThe Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_voting_barThe Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_vote_lcapThe Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_voting_barThe Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amakae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Amakae

The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] Empty
PostSubject: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Avasia had never spent so much time alone and so much time spent aboard a ship. It was almost nauseating if it had not been for the waterbenders that she had travelled with her. They were probably just about the best sailors that anyone could travel with, considering their affinity for water. The first week of travel had Avasia doubled over the side of the boat railing or a pail until she got used to the motion of the boat. The second week of travel, Avasia felt better but she felt as if she was constantly being watched. She wasn't normally a paranoid person but it was her first venture from Ba Sing Se. The boat stopped frequently and the passengers consistently changed from each port until finally they reached the Fire Nation Colonies.

Avasia was all to happy to finally be at her destination. Though she waited to leave the ship after several other passengers, her impatience was evident over her innocent features. Leaving the ship with her pack thrown over a shoulder and her polished staff in one hand, Avasia hurried to land. She took a deep breath and sighed, cosing her eyes for a moment before opening them as she was jostled aside by one of the Fire Nation guards. She looked over at the guard, surprise registering over her features. Ba Sing Se was a busy city but she had never been almost barreled over.

*The Fire Nation is a very different culture.* The soft purr of Kenai's voice echoed within her mind.

Expelling another sigh, Avasia smiled and peered down at the large cat that had been her companion for some time now. "You are right." Avasia murmured quietly. She didn't want to seem like she was talking to herself. Averting her eyes back to their surroundings, Avasia took in the bustle of the docks before heading towards the large town. Not that she was back on land, she could feel her stomach rumbling and the thought of an open market or restaurant made her all the more hungry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 am

(Mind if i join :DD)

Rain was on the rooftops of the many stores on the docks, as he had one piece of grilled fish in his mouth, and two crabs dangling from his left hand. This was an ordinary day for Rain, he was hungry, had no money, and he grew up in a life of a street rat. To him this life was better then sleeping in the gutters. Rain had two guards following him as they screamed at him. "Get Down you Thief, you No good for nothing Kid!" Rain ignoring them and figuring out a way to escape them he, jumped down off the roof as he pulled a fire nation robe over him and turned around, as the guards went right passed him not knowing. Rain dropped the robe on the ground as he smirked a bit and took a bite out of his fish he took. Rain then accidentally bumped into a girl as he looked at her. "Oh my bad." he said, focusing his blue eyes on her.
Back to top Go down
Amakae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Amakae

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 pm

[[OOC: Not at all! I am happy that you did join me!]]

Stumbling back, Avasia expelled a quiet 'Oof' and quickly steadied herself. A look of annoyance tugged at the corner of her lips as she peered at yet another who had bumped into her. Avasia pursed her lips as if to speak until she heard the young man speak first. Avasia's blue green eyes took in each detail of the young man before meeting his eyes. She tilted her head in the form of a slight bow. "It is fine." She murmured quietly.

*They are all in such a rush that we are invisible to them.* The large cat that stood beside Avasia spoke to her mind, alone. Avasia's lips curved into a soft smile, as if she were amused by some unspoken joke. Avasia's eyes travelled from the large cat back to Rain. "Perhaps you can direct me to the market?" Her soft voice rose above the loud din of music, voices and machinery around them.
Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sōjun

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 am

(OOC: Hope this is an okay entry post for ya)

Sojun sighed as he walked down the busy road in the market of this colony. He had been a bit away from the lifestyle and atmosphere of the firenation that he even felt a bit...alien in this colony. He didn't even want to come to the market, but Kuzu, his wolf-dragon, was hungry and when Kuzu was hungry it meant that Sojun would have to feed him...and fast. Sojun's high ponytail swayed side to side as he took every awkward step. Sojun arrived to the foodstand of the meat that Kuzu liked the most when they were on the road. The merchant had a dark and serious face as he looked Sojun up and down. Yup definitely not used to this anymore. Sojun said in his head as he put on a fake smile to show his politeness.

After looking at somethings Sojun tapped the counter, "How much for the spicy Bull Antelope meat?" Sojun asked taking out his coin bag. "Bull Antelope meat. That would be 5 gold pieces," the merchant hissed through his bad teeth. Sojun hated shopping, let alone with merchants who were so arrogant. CRASH! The man quickly looked behind Sojun to see the source of the noise. Sojun sank his head hoping it wasn't what he thought it was. Without turning around Sojun looked at the man with a comically grim expression, "...Please don't tell me there's a dragon with a wolf's head eating food out of the carts." The man nodded wildly as if his head was going to snap right off. With regret Sojun turned his head around slowly to see Kuzu's long serpent like body and his head buried in a bowl of fruit.

Sojun walked down the road with an empty coin bag and a dragon who was now satisfied. "Great, now we're out of cash, all because you get all prissy when you're hungry. Tsk." Sojun muttered. Kuzu walked beside him and made motions with his whiskers and head, this was his way of saying, "Sorry." Sojun only shook his head knowing he couldn't be mad at Kuzu forever. Continuing down the road Kuzu picked up the scent of something. He only did this around cats. In the distance Sojun could see a woman and a man facing each other. Kuzu didn't stop as Sojun did and approached the two with the intention of finding that cat. Kuzu's muzzle stopped right at the woman as he began to let out his muffled like growl when he was in deep thought. He began to move his whiskers and head trying to communicate, "Ask them of a cat.". Understanding what Kuzu was saying Sojun approached the girl and the boy reluctantly, "....Uhm...Hi."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Rain nodded as he was about to tell the girl where the market was, since he was born in the fire nation and grew up here for a little bit until his painful past happened. But as he was about to say something he saw something in the corner of his eye, the guard. Rain quickly turned away from him hiding his face, as gently pulled the girl closer to him, pretending that she was his girlfriend saying. "Yea so the docks are so beautiful, but you are to.." Rain stopped as he saw the guard walk away. "Thank god he didn't catch me." Rain then looked up as he saw another man right there. "Hey." Rain said as he stood there carefully looking around, scouting everything and everyone.
Back to top Go down
Amakae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Amakae

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:13 pm

She could feel relief flood through her as Rain nodded to her question, waiting for him to speak or even point in a direction he turned away instead. When the boy pulled her closer to him, Avasia's lips parted in protest. Avasia's wide blue eyes peered over at him questioningly. "The... the docks? Oh..." Avasia peered over at the guard as he passed by them. She could see the guard was looking for something or possibly someone? When the guard had passed them Avasia straightened herself and took a step back. "They are looking for you? Why?" She tilted her head to the side with curiosity.

The large cat that stood at Avasia's heels rubbed up against Avasia's legs *A thief?* The cat sniffed at Rain as he spoke to Avasia within her mind. Before Avasia could acknowledge Kenai's assumption when a dragon like creature approached them. Avasia took a step back as it let out a muffled growl. Kenai arched his back and stood in front of Avasia protectively. The large cat hissed at Kuzu. "Kenai..." Avasia whispered as she watched Sojun approach them as well. A vague smile passed her lips when the newcomer greeted them. "Hello." She bowed her head slightly in greeting. "Is... is that your's?" She pointed to Kuzu, unsure of what to make of the dragon like creature. Avasia took a step forward to place a hand on Kenai's head between the cats ears that had laid back in a defensive position.
Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sōjun

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Sojun put on a gentle faint smile as the other two greeted him back. Kuzu's head snapped in the direction of the girl. She had called him and 'it' and Kuzu didn't take to that very well. Sojun could only grin at how Kuzu was behaving but knew that to someone who doesn't know Kuzu the way he does would find this as rude behavior. Sojun placed his hand on Kuzu neck and gently patted him. Kuzu stopped his growling and it turned into more of a dragon's version of a purr. "Yeah, this guy's mine. Sorry if he offended you," Sojun replied looking at the girl with his amber-golden eyes and then down at the cat. "So this little guy was what Kuzu was sniffing out. He likes cats," Sojun added as Kuzu sank his body and stretched out his neck to the cat. Sojun smiled at Kuzu's calmness, that was always a good thing.

Sojun stepped away from the lounging dragon and turned his attention to the girl and guy. Sojun looked at the guy who seemed a bit distracted...Sojun looked behind the two and saw several guards conversing with each other, they looked to be looking for something...or someone. Sojun tilted his head to the side a bit. His dark red sleeves that opened wide at his wrists hung heavily at his sides. One of Kuzu's whiskers brushed against the cat and the two strangers legs. "Sorry. He does that to get familiar," remembering the guards Sojun cleared his throat, "Uh...do you guys want to head out?", Sojun said with emphasis trying to get his point across to the others 'that being here would be troublesome'. Kuzu, recognizing Sojun's intentions rose to head level, a couple feet shorter than his tallest so he wouldn't draw attention, and trotted to Sojun's side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:06 am

((can u guys explain ur pets to me, b.c there r alot of names in this thread like Sojun,Kuzu,Avasia, and Kenai. It just confuses me))

Rain thought it was time to leave, but he changed his mind and stayed. The guards were looking for a one man, not a group. He sighed a bit as he gave a small smirk and said. "Well im Rain Mataka.." Rain said as he looked at them. "Lets head out..to the market." Rain ignored their pets as he went on walking towards the way to the market.

((srry for the small post im having a bit of a writers block))
Back to top Go down
Amakae
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Amakae

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:20 am

Peering down at Kuzu, Avasia shook her head and smiled. "No, Kenai is just a little protective." With a little curiosity of her own she watched Kenai with the dragon, naurally being a feline, Kenai was not too pleased with the attention of the partially canine creature. Kenai's back still arched with his fur standing on end, he watched Kuzu suspiciously. Kenai sniffed at Kuzu and backed away several steps when Kuzu stretched out his neck towards Kenai and Avasia.

"Kenai is uncomfortable around..." Avasia tilted her head to the side. "Well, canines..." She trailed off, unsure exactly what type of creature Kuzu was. She had never seen anything like him before. Avasia did not feel Kuzu's whiskers as they tickled against her leather boots. Following Sojun's gaze towards several guards, Avaisa's lips curved into a frown. She had never ran from a guard or had ever been in trouble before. "Perhaps we should go..." She spoke in agreement and followed Sojun, forgetting completely about her rumbling stomach for a moment until Rain mentioned the market. "I am Avasia Kiyami." She felt the burn of a blush cross her cheeks. If Maseia [Avasia's mother figure] had been here she would have scolded Avasia, something fierce.

[[OOC: Sorry about that Rain. Kenai is Avasia's feline companion who is about the size of a medium dog in real life and has mixed colouring. He looks to be the mix of a house cat and a wild cat.]]
Back to top Go down
Sōjun
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Sōjun

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:47 pm

((OOC: Sorry about that dude. Sojun is the human character and Kuzu is his pet dragon that has a wolf's face, but tan furred body with antlers and long whiskers that move like typical chinese dragon whiskers.))

Sojun noticed that the guy, Rain, turn to head for the market. The girl, Avasia, whom the cat belonged to he supposed, was explaining the cat's distaste for canines. Kuzu at Sojun's side looked into Sojun's eyes when he heard something familiar. It was the sound that Sojun made before he was hungry. His lips curled into a small grin when Sojun heard Avasia's stomach growl. "Yeah I guess the market does sound like a good idea," he replied trying not to chuckle about Avasia's apparent hunger. Noticing her blush Sojun thought he'd drop the subject and do as they had did, "My name is Sojun. Sojun Soi Feng," the fire nation boy introduced. His dragon bowed its head to them, "Oh...and this is my wolf-dragon, Kuzu."

Reaching into his pocket, Sojun felt his empty coin pouch with annoyance and irritation. He had forgotten that the very dragon he had introduced, and had been PROUD to introduce just now, to these two stranger was the reason why he was broke now. Leaving the pouch where it was Sojun turned his face back to Avasia and the cat. He looked behind them at Rain and remembered the guards...were they following...him? His line of vision was blocked by Avasia so he smiled, "How about we go grab something to stop that growling?", he teased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]   The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bustle of a Different Kind [OPEN TO ALL]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next