Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_vote_lcapThe Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_voting_barThe Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_vote_lcapThe Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_voting_barThe Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] Empty
PostSubject: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Granules of sand whirled across the barren, acervulus floor forming barrels of the gritty substance, rolling into a wave of sand. They coasted until meeting an opposing wind, which caused them to crash into a seemingly nothingness. Scorpions and snakes scurried, searching for substantial sources of supplements to satisfy their starvation. As the wind blazed across, the bristling of sand and the wind's echo itself emitted a soothing series of slithering followed by a faint whistle. Staring agape at the disfiguring mirages which his eyes had conjured, Kuja directed his attention to the sky, which radiated with a blinding and heating effect. The sun bore down on his head, forcing his perspiration to be imminent. He was in the Si Wong Desert.

These effects paid little to no tole on Kuja now however, for he had spent the majority of the last decade surviving in the Desert. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, Kuja dragged the bodies of two slaughtered ostriches through the burning sand back to his Desert town. Several sand benders followed in his trail, also carrying the corpses of two ostriches, one in each hand. Their direction, the hidden society of the Harena. Reaching the peak of a dune, Kuja and his warriors caught site of the mound which they had anchored their sand sailors at. Ecstatic to find the means to relax, each of them boarded a sailor, with two people aboard one. Spiraling their arms in a circular motion, the sand behind the sailors began to puck up some acceleration, forcing the sailor to travel North. As they cruised, Kuja looked around and observed the beauty of sand waves being carried throughout the barren desert. He found the desert enticing, from which he could marvel at for hours without requiring a change in scenery.

Whilst on their journey, Kuja caught side of the shape of a human walking. Signaling for his warriors to continue North, Kuja made a sharp left on his sailor and began approaching the being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 pm

It was a bit hot but he could manage. He had been walking for sometime but he knew exactly where he was going. The emotions and thoughts of the people he was tracking seem to float in the air like smoke. It was so palpable with emotion that it seem like he was walking through soup far more thick then pea soup. He paused as he could see them not to far off in the distance and he knew they had already spotted him since the gathering of men not to far off. With the trail of dust flowing away from him he could tell they were already coming towards him.

He paused as he looked down to the ground and could feel his friend moving below him. The connected bound between them and their need to learn was what made then ally's and at times friends. He stopped as he smiled at the sun above him and he just simply waited for the group to come to him as he was in no rush to meet them.

He was tired of walking and traveling from the Dark Nation, his new home. He he a sleeveless shirt on that revealed tattoos of his connection to the Night Angel Dominion and him being the next Leader if need to be. He reached and scratched his back as he was a bit nervous of being sun burnt, he was not a fan. As they drew closer he crossed and folded his arms in front of him and was more excited to meet this leader of the "Sand Clan" then anything else.

"This will be interesting Abezethibou, we might indeed increase the Dominions influence." Samual Said in thought to Abezethibou.

The Wurm acknowledged the thought but made response back.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

As the distance between Kuja and the mysterious man shortened, the figure of the shadowy being appeared to stretch and height. Resembling a tall and stock type, Kuja's eyes began to adjust to the uncertainty he possessed of this man. With his fellow tribesman well on their way back to Maenceria and Styx residing outside the city, Kuja was completely alone. It would seem as if the man he constantly grew closer to was alone as well. If this were to be an altercation, it would be a fairly equal one at that. However, as Kuja drew near the man, he sensed no apparent motives of threat in this one. The man appeared to be stationary, awaiting Kuja to encounter him. The distance between the two men shortened continuously. Casting a rather enormous shadow through the desert, a massive cloud began to cast upon the sun, providing a temporarily relief from the burdensome heat.

Kuja now was closing in on the man, therefore he lowered the velocity his carrier was propelling forward at. He slowed the motion of his arm's down, causing the vessel to decelerate at a ratio proportionate to the speed of his arms. Eventually the craft came to a complete stop. He descended from it and his bare feet met with the warming sand, engulfing his toes with their welcoming embrace. He took steps towards the man who stood adjacent to him and eyed him up to down. He was obviously foreign, no earth bender, no air bender, no native to the region of the Si Wong Desert. This man's origins were from outside of Kuja's knowledge. As he continued to stride towards the man, Kuja squinted his eyes and let out a calm yet forceful, "What are you doing in my land? You're obviously no inhabitant of these dunes."

Kuja's seemingly derogatory tone was not recognized on his own behalf, for he had been in the desert sun for hours, hunting and sailing with his tribesmen. Kuja's condition was apparent to one who had been waging war for days, seeing no time for peace or to honor the dead, instead it was constant, strenuous labor. He wiped the slight sudor from his forehead just underneath his headband. Following this he rubbed his hands together, and folded his arms. Staring at the man, Kuja was genuinely curious as well as cautious for the intent of this man. The distance between the two men was now short, around 7 feet at the maximum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 pm

As the man drew closer the mirages of many people stopped and only one came forward. He smiled as he expected much. What he knew was that this man was alone and his friends or clan members out and about. It seemed funny how they should meet somewhere baron and no where near a city like Ba Sing Se. The wind began to pick up and the heat from the ground swept at his feet and climbed up on the back of his legs.

The heat was enjoyable but only to a point to what he was use to. Overall, it was somewhat annoying.

As the man walked up to him, he seemed to look him over. He motioned his arms outwards to signal " What do you think?" without using his words. The man came out blunt with his questions and the need for answer. Yet Samuel was going to have fun with this man as everyone had questions that needed to be answered.

" What am I doing on our land? A blunt question. Why are we here? Another blunt question. Yet a question can not be answered with another question. As we both have questions for one another.

Your presumptions are correct as I am not from here, nor born here. I am from the Dark Nation. My name is Samuel and I am here to see you specifically. As I believe we both an help each other out. You see as the world dives into the new forms of technology so does the need to find who we really are. People may find it odd how we as humans can mold in with the new forms of technology and get lost on the path in which we are to follow."

He paused as he folded his arms once again but only a few seconds longer to let what he said sink in.

" Yet, how rude of me. I am not being totally honest as I am also from the Night Angel Dominion. I have come to ask you to be a part of something bigger, more elusive, a bigger proportion of the idea of a clan. We, the Night Angels use to be a clan much like your people. We grew to a point where we became a nation. Our own language, our own laws, culture, and you get the idea. We are always searching to increase our influence on the moral idea in which we strive to defeat corruption."

He paused as he was tired of talking and wished to here what this man had to say.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Kuja's question was simply restated, followed by the utterance of a reply. The man appeared to be attempted to sway Kuja to enlist in some sort of affiliation he had. However, the message being conveyed was subtle enough to be touched on, but not overstated. As the man associated his clan's original position in the world to its advancement, it reminded Kuja of his fervent intentions to develop his tribe into a more influential and overwhelming force throughout the vast desert. It was seemingly impossible for any immigrant to successfully navigate throughout it, which proved its environment itself to be threatening. Kuja figured if his tribe grew into a massive colony throughout the desert, than his combined force would be truly menacing to any foreigner. As his mind began to stray from the task at mind, he related one attribute the man had with a thought of his one. The desert was a difficult scene to survive in, yet the member of the so called Night Angels was able to successfully maneuver throughout the land in search for him, and endure the extremities of the environment. His intentions were clearly serious, and they stated two things about his character; he was an intellectual as well as a survivor, two things which Kuja respected.

The man's speech finally broke, and Kuja snapped out of his trace of thought. "The Night Angel Dominion, eh? You claim that you have evolved from a clan into a nation? While this is an impressive feat, I hardly recognize the significance of this topic in the middle of a scorching desert, unless somehow my tribe and I have caught the attention of your organization. In which case, I am interested to be relished by the request you seek." Kuja was genuinely curious of Samuel's motives. He had traveled a grand distance simply to talk with Kuja. It seemed rather odd to him.

He told himself that there was something more. Recognizing that he was requesting some sort of intervention, Kuja's mind began to wander as he awaited Samuel's response. "I assume that you already are aware of my presence, however I myself am my biggest fan. Therefore, a formal introduction is necessary. I am Kuja Ghan Sceter, Chief of the Sceter Tribe." he said in a rather bumptious manner whilst extending his full arm for a proper greeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 pm

This man was not to be fooled, what he enjoyed. As the man extended his hand, he smiled and looked into his eyes. He could feel a certain but complex amount of emotions in his mind. Yet his only ability in mind bending was speaking in thought or sensing others emotions. He could feel that he would need more information about his intentions. He shook his hand but he was going to evolve in his approach.

" War is upon us my friend. Yet our intentions are to evolve in the effort to quell the need for violence. Use being human will strive to be the most powerful or dominate. Similar to our needs we seek to dominate the criminal underworld. We hunt the enemy and we call them the Twin Blade Clan. The have a large influence of prostitution, drugs, weapons, falsifying documents, fake money, and freeing a Demi Spirit upon this world.

Where do you come in you ask? Well a very simple question with a very complex answer. We can only do so much in the Dark Nation as growing other bases in other countries would mean an act of war. Not something we have time with. Yet you are not affiliated with anyone. Thus you joining us would be an expansion of our cause. You in theory would be part of our Dominion, yet. Yet you would still be who you are, your clan, your tribe. Though you would be our eyes and ears in the territories of the Earth Kingdom and of course the Desert.

I also know about your Worm. The Sand Bender. Abezethibou has told me many things about the bond between Worms and humans. Yet what he is, my friend is a Wurm. A evolved cousin of the Worm."

He paused as he waited for his response.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 am

Although Kuja focused on the words of Samuel, he couldn't help but notice what appeared to be a clear sense of concentration on his face, as if he really was interested in what Kuja felt and said. However, the purpose of Samuel's journey finally revealed itself, the aspiration to enlist the sand bending tribe into an alliance with the Night Angel Organization. While the sand bender tribes primarily remained in dormancy in comparison to the affairs of the rest of the world, this would give Kuja the opportunity to renown his tribe and develop more power and influence. Kuja's main goal was to simply conquer the Si Wong Desert in name of his tribe. However in order to gain respect, one must first grant it. Therefore Kuja comprehended the fact that in order to become a power in the world, he would first be required to aid a power in the world. Deeply reflecting on this issue, shortly after Samuel mentioned another concept.

He had known about Styx, one of the many secrets of the Sceter Sand Tribe. His own variation of the giant worm, which is the distant cousin of the wurm, revealed the presence of Styx in the desert to its human accomplice. The knowledge of this man was truly something to be attributed to him, it was like the depiction of some sort of futuristic based artificial intelligence, which a question could be asked and almost instantly an answer provided. Kuja was simply astounded.

"You are quite the character if I say so myself. You have traveled hundreds of miles to enlist my aid in your organizations grand scheme to eliminate your enemy? Have you considered how you would react if I replied with a denial? Before we can get into any diplomatic agreements, I would just like to know what exactly it is that my tribe and I would benefit from through our support of the Night Angels'? Also, where is the relevance of the relationship of my worm and your wurm?"
. Kuja provided a series of questions. He wanted to guarantee that there would be benefits in this pact, instead of a one sided alliance. he did not sense deception in Samuel, however Kuja needed to ensure the success of the Sceter Tribe, Styx and himself in all of his actions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 am

He laughed to himself from all the questions but expected as much from a man who was going to possibly be a part of the Dominion.

" My knowledge of the Worm is not of consequence and not important. What is important is the possible deal and the benefits that can come from such a deal. IN fact the times are changing to a point where i predict in the future bending sand or bending in general will be pointless. As there are such things as battleships, guns, planes, and new forms of war. We have looked for people to join our cause and band together as a family. As friends.

Now for your other questions. Would I expect an no? If that is your choice then so be it. IO am only one man, are you afraid of a possible threat? I have traveled alone, in the desert and not dropping a single bead of sweat. odd? No, you can go about your business but seeing how I am dropping a partnership of a lifetime and a chance to bring income to your clan. I highly doubt you will toss me aside so simply. Yet would I ally you to just eliminate an enemy? You underestimate the power of greed and corruption my friend. There will always be war and chaos and we are the light to cleanse the chaos and be the enemy and nightmares of the people that prey upon others."

He began to crack his fingers, one by one. He found this conversation very interesting and also curiously funny.
Back to top Go down
Kuja
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Kuja

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Kuja considering his tribe's own benefits, opened his mouth to speak in reply to what Samuel had to offer him. "Membership in your dominion is something that I cannot seek, I have matters to attend to in my own tribe which are more important to me rather than the affairs of a foreign power. I would be physically incapable of handling situations here one day, and then conducting a required action for your clan the next." pausing to decide what he would say next, Kuja began to once again consider the success he desired for his tribe.

"However..." he started before taking in a vast amount of air then exhaling a rather monstrous yawn, "I diplomatically extend my tribe's interventionism when it comes to your foreign affairs. Thus being said, I offer an alliance between our two organizations. The terms shall be aid, whether it be financial, militarily or anything else along the lines, working in conjunction with regards to each participating body."

Kuja offered a pact between the two societies, as indifferent as they were, Kuja realized that this could be an asset to utilize. "When you war, so shall we. And the same should go for the altercations which my tribe may encounter. Does this seem reasonable to you?" Kuja's intentions were quite selfish at this point. While on one hand he would benevolently aid Samuel's cause without any internal conflict as to why he helped them, he primarily aspired that his clan prosper through the Si Wong Desert and spread its influence. Kuja saw the intentions of the Night Angels as one similar to his own. While they sought to purify the defiled aspects of the world as well as crush their enemy, Kuja desired to conquer and unite the tribes into one organized one throughout the Desert in order to spread their sphere of influence and become more recognized.

Assessing the offer at hand, Kuja had countered with his own due to his lack of ability to fulfill the desires of Samuel through a compromise.

"What say you to all this?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]   The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Latent Society of the Dunes [Open to Any and All]
Page 1 of 1