Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
In With The Wind [Open] 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
In With The Wind [Open] I_vote_lcapIn With The Wind [Open] I_voting_barIn With The Wind [Open] I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
In With The Wind [Open] I_vote_lcapIn With The Wind [Open] I_voting_barIn With The Wind [Open] I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

In With The Wind [Open]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

In With The Wind [Open] Empty
PostSubject: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 am

|| Kalden ||
Spoiler:
A tall, lithely built young man silently wandered the breezy hallways of the Northern Air Temple. The winding pathways were unfamiliar to the black bearded air bender, his ice-blue eyes alert to everything going around about him. Various thoughts passed through his mind, devious plots that others may or may not be hatching amusing the young man to no end. It was his hobby, to place himself in another’s shoes and to dream of what they might do. Kalden had only been in the northern most temple for a few short weeks, his lack of direction hindering him time and time again as it did now. He’d only just left the library, his nose so far stuck into the latest text that he hadn’t even bothered to pay attention to where his black booted feet took him. Finally surfacing, the bender found himself in one of the many gardens, the open aired oasis was different from the Western Temple’s, its flowers of hardier nature but none the less beautiful. Removing himself from his book just long enough to take note of the garden’s characteristics, mostly in a doomed to be failed attempt to return at a later date, Kalden took a seat on one of the benches that were a safe distance from the crystalline clear fountains.

The ever present breezes brought goose bumps to the shaven haired monk, the blue of his arrow tattoos rising with the chilled flesh. The thought of bringing along his cloak crossed the young man’s mind yet again, something that he’d wished he’d done many a time. Dusk had just begun to fall on the temple, the last rays of the once warm sun was now fading and with it, it’s heat. Marking his place carefully, Kalden shut his book; one of the more recent historical tales in the last three hundred years or so. By nature, the young man was a learner, knowledge was something he’d always chased after and only after much prodding from his master did Kalden agree to finally leave the Western Temple. He’d never traveled, Tashi, his Air Bison, had been glad for the trip and he’d found that he himself had enjoyed the ride for the simple pleasure of pleasing his companion. But now that he was alone, Tashi slumbering away in his own bed of hay, the young Air Bender was experiencing a longing for home and for the company of his dear master.

Why did you send me here? The thought was never far from his mind, Kalden had been plenty content shut away in his room at the Western Temple, reading his way through their considerate library and meditating to gain a higher sense of spirituality. He had no need for mortal affairs, save for his books, staff and a few clothes, the young man had nothing of monetary value. Sighing for what felt like the millionth time during his stay at the Northern Temple, Kalden glanced around the garden yet again; his face set in a sullen expression.

“Perhaps I should ask for assistance?” A man’s pride was hard to set aside but when one’s belly had begun to growl like his own… well it was as perfect a time to ask for help if ever.
Back to top Go down
Red Ki
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Red Ki

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Ji Mei sprinted threw the temple. She had a cage match coming up and she needed to be in tip top shape for it. She usually lived in Ba Sing Se but when her fight club went on the road she usually stayed in the closest air temple because she was always welcome. Her legs began to grow tired and her sweat dripped down her fast. 'This was a good work out.' She though. She decided to go to the garden to stretch so her muscles didn't tighten to hard.

She made it to the garden but she walked through it to truly take in it's beauty. The roses and tulips were fully bloomed, she could feel the grass under her bare feet, butterfly flew around her head but move way when they saw a flower, the frogs in the pond were happily jumping onto the water, the birds were singing their songs, and the younger Air Benders were playing. She came up to a fountain that was in the center of the garden. She knew this was going to be cold but she did it anyway.

She bent over the side of the fountain edge and dunked her head into the fountain's water. She shook her head a couple times and draught it up with a gasp. Ji Mei's black hair was now stuck to her face. She fixed it so it was pulled back and out of her face, showing her black eyes which began to shine bits of brown in the sunlight. The wind blew past her and she felt someone behind her. She spun around to see a man standing there looking quite lost. She leaned her head to one side and began to ring out her hair as she walked towards the man. "Um... Are you lost man? I can help if you want..." She eyed the bald man. Not seeing him here before made her kinda suspicious but trusted him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

|| Kalden ||
Air Nomad

Kalden’s blue eyes turned downward to gaze at the petite woman that had spoken to him. The young bender had entered the garden only moments before, her leisurely pace catching the monk’s eye in a second. He’d remained quiet for a few moments, content on watching the young woman as she quickly dunked her head beneath the cold waters of the fountain but as her words slowly reached his ears, the bearded man knew that it was only polite to reply.

“Ah, yes.” He continued to watch her with an impassive expression, quickly picking up on the woman’s muscle tone that seemed to flow so well with the obvious air bending training. Out of all the Air Benders Kalden had seen thus far, the woman seemed to radiate a slight aura of an earth bender but remained much lighter on the feet than any earth bender he’d seen.

Kalden continued to watch the young woman with an impassive face, silently observing the woman’s physique. He watched her closely; eyes unblinking for a few moments before it clicked. Master had once spoken of hybrids; benders who were able to master not one element but two. The idea had seemed plausible to the monk but he’d never truly believed it to be true. His interest peaked, Kalden’s lips twitched into a small smile. He’d once been told that it was almost spooky when the young man smiled, if only for the fact that his lips only lifted when his studious ways were triggered.

“Forgive my bluntness miss but by any chance are you a hybrid?” The Nomad’s fingers had come together, lightly touching the tips of his fingers before separating. Tapping the digits together a few more times, Kalden quietly hummed as he walked a small circle around the petite bender; completely absorbed in solving the mystery before him.

Back to top Go down
Red Ki
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Red Ki

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Ji Mei stood just stood there and let her eyes follow the man. 'Who is he calling hybrid...?' Her temper was building a little. She clenched her fists and in cased the man's feet in stone. "Does that answer you question?" She walked up to him, looking up at him, and stuck her finger right in his face. "And Don't ever call me a hybrid again...!" She had to calm down so she stepped back, closing her eyes, and took a few deep, calming breaths. "Sorry about that." She rubbed the back of her neck and released the man. "I have a but of an Earth Bender's temper..." She gave a soft awkward laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:02 pm

|| Kalden ||
Air Nomad

Following the young woman’s sudden outburst, all Kalden could do was remain quiet as he fought to find a way to salvage this rare chance to study the bender. Lips twitching down, mostly due to his annoyance at his lack of social skills, Kalden tried to atone for his rude actions.

“My apologies Miss, I did not mean to offend you. It’s just that…” He paused, gathering his thoughts carefully in order not to step over his own toes yet again. Finding that pondering over his words was rather difficult with the tight grasp of the earth on his feet, the monk inclined his head in gratitude as his captor released his feet. He took a deep breath, stalling for as much time as he could while his visitor also calmed herself, before beginning again.

“I have never had the chance to meet a person capable of bending two elements,” He smiled again before indicating to himself. “I, myself, am only able to bend air so it comes across as rather… special that I was able to meet one such as yourself who bends elements that are so different.” Mentally crossing his fingers in hopes that his words did not come across as socially unacceptable, the monk bowed respectfully.

Thoughts on how the young woman had trained herself soon flooded the man’s mind, air was such an evasive thing and earth? They were head strong, much like the woman before him, but rather than fleeing an oncoming danger, they faced it head on. How was it possible for this woman to change such an instinct? These were things that Kalden wished to find out.

Back to top Go down
Red Ki
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Red Ki

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Ji Mei felt a little bad about her yelling at him. "It's fine I shouldn't have yelled at you..." She held out her hand in a hand shake kinda way. "My name is Ji Mei, and to apologize about my outburst you can ask me anything you want. I'll give you as much information as I can about my hybridness." She gave him a soft smile. She wanted to start again without the temper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

|| Kalden ||
Air Nomad

Taking Mei’s hand somewhat awkwardly, Kalden have it a light squeeze before releasing. The young woman’s friendly tone indicated that he’d been successful in calming the situation and he tucked the experience in the back of his mind for later study – it wouldn’t do to mess up again in the future.

“My name is Kalden and I thank you for your assistance.”The rumbling in his stomach had yet to subside but Kald’s interest in the young Mei was quickly over taking his need for substance.

“Perhaps we could go to somewhere more appropriate? I would hate to ruin the temple during your performance.”

Thinking back to his arrival, the young man had spotted a well sized mountain clearing that was not too far away. With a brief nod of his head he refocused himself back on the young woman.

”I did spot a clearing down the mountain side on my way in, Tashi has been dying to leave the stables anyway. Would you like to accompany me?”

Back to top Go down
Red Ki
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Red Ki

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

"Sure." She said happily. "Lead the way and I shall follow." She started to walk toward the temples exit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

|| Kalden ||
Air Nomad

Giving Mei another friendly smile, or what he had hoped was, the monk pulled out the Bison Whistle that he always kept tucked into his pocket. “I hope you have nothing against flying?” The smile upon his lips turned a bit devilish, he’d missed flying in the past few nights as it had been a while.

Following the young hybrid’s lead, Kalden silently marked off signature landmarks along the path that she’d chosen. While it was a long shot that he’d remember all of them, the nomad knew that a few would stick in his mind; just enough so that he’d be able to find his way back into the garden, if only from the entrance to the temple.

Various stone works of past Air Bending Masters lined the front gates of the Northern Air Temple, the statues looking every bit as wise as who’d they’d been shaped after. Trailing his eyes along each and every one of them, Kalden stopped just short of the sheer cliff that protected the temple from outsiders. Placing the whistle to his lips, the nomad took a deep breath and blew.

The call was silent to human ears but Tashi heard it. A roar sounded through the peaceful temple grounds and within moments the massive beast had landed before his master; bumping his head against the Air Bender’s shoulder and nearly toppling Kald over.

“Yes I’m glad to see you as well Tashi.” The man’s tone was gentle as he spoke to his companion, they’d been together for nearly a decade now and their bond was strong. “Ladies first.”

Back to top Go down
Red Ki
Advanced Apprentice
Advanced Apprentice
Red Ki

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:04 am

"Thank you." She jumped up and landed gently. As she sat down she formed a ball of air and whispered into it before throwing it into the sky and it shot north. "Nala will meet us there. She is my Sky Bison if you are wondering." She waited to begin the short journey to the area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In With The Wind [Open]   In With The Wind [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In With The Wind [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next