Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Quiet Nights (Open) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Quiet Nights (Open) I_vote_lcapQuiet Nights (Open) I_voting_barQuiet Nights (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Quiet Nights (Open) I_vote_lcapQuiet Nights (Open) I_voting_barQuiet Nights (Open) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Quiet Nights (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Junoxis
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Junoxis

Quiet Nights (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 am

Deikan Jitsan
The sun was setting, casting a dim orange light over the lush landscape. As the sky began to darken, lights began to flicker on in the city of Ba Sing Se. Overlooking the ancient city was a hillock, where a young air bender sat beside a roaring fire. Further away from the glow of the small fire was an adult sky bison, who appeared to be sound asleep. The air was warm, and the skies clear, revealing a curtain of bright stars.
The man poked the fire, before placing more wood into the oppressive heat encouraging sparks to fly up into the dark blue expanse. The man sighed quietly, and laid down into the grass and gazed longingly at the distant specks of light. Behind him the sky bison groaned, and took a mouthful of hay from a heap next to him.
”Yes Shoso, we’ll find him,” the man smiled, and sat up. ”It’s warm tonight, isn’t it boy?” the bison raised his head and grunted in agreement, before settling back to chewing his food. The man shook his head and chuckled, then slipped his soft cotton shirt off and rolled it up before placing it behind his head as a makeshift pillow. ”We’ll be there soon boy, we’ll be there soon…”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 am

He had been walking for days now though he was not even the slightest bit tired. Walking was what he had been doing since he was born, not even a drop of sweat clung to his forehead. The old air bender in his monk outfit scaled a hill till he stopped to the sight of a sky bison not to far away. He smiled a bit as he had not seen a bison in so long, probably till he was 45 when he had killed his master in a fight. He probably knew the air bender as he had trained at all of the temples and most of the elders. His eyes slowly looked at the young mad who was relaxing near a camp fire.

A sigh let out from the mask as he continued walking towards the camp. As he drawn closer he could careless if the bison had seen him or gave the boy a heads up if he was coming. He had been traveling for days and he needed a days break. The sounds of bells rang as the necklace he wore was a air bender relic they sometimes give out to air benders who reach a certain age and are approved as a master.

He stopped next too the bison as he looked right at it. Jarlex showing no fear placed his hand gently upon the beast," I think it has been 10 years since I have seen a bison with such vigor...too long have I been traveling..." he said out loud to catch the boys attention. He looked back at the boy," Your arrows tell me you have completed the early stages of your training" he said as with a burst of wind his right arm unraveled itself revealing he to had the arrows but with other tattoos symbolizing he separated himself from the temple. As quickly as it unraveled, it went right back on his on.

" Where are you traveling air bender?" he asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
Junoxis
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Junoxis

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 am

Deikan leapt up and, recognising this monk's seniority, he bowed.
"Master," Deikan straightened, "With all due respect, I have completed all 36 training stages, making me a master as well..." Deikan trailed off, and suddenly remembered the question he had been asked. "Oh, I am travelling to the Northern Air Temple, trying to find someone." Deikan wasn't sure how much he should mention to the Master.
"Come, sit by the fire. Do you enjoy green tea? I also have some leftover stew..." He gestured to the kettle hanging over the fire, and small steaming leather bladder resting on a smaller tripod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 am

He smiled at the word "master", " Master....I do not go by that term anymore. I really do not belong to the temples as i do not train any young air benders." he said to the boys comment. He then looked at the boy as he was quite young to be a master," 32...hmm times have indeed changed. When I was much young I had to be trained by 10 different masters and learn many different styles of air bending to be even considered in earning the title of master...times have indeed changed." he said as he laughed to himself. He nodded his head and accepted the tea, taking a few sips he did ponder on why the boy was looking for someone.

" Who are you looking for? A girl you love? Revenge? Or maybe to learn for methods of air bending? " he asked of course either answer he could careless and wouldn't lecture the boy in how to rule his own destiny. He would never lecture a boy when he himself had more to be ashamed of then really anyone else. " Now to add to it, why the Northern Air Temple?"
Back to top Go down
Junoxis
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Junoxis

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Deikan was startled at the monks own admission. Not a master? And he also knew what the monk was referring to in the terms of his training. "I am indeed a master, but I guess I still have a long way to go before I am considered a master by your standards." Deikan laughed as he sat down opposite the man, and the question was asked. "Well, I'm looking for the cook in the Northern Air Temple, I have some questions for him..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:53 pm

He chuckled looking at the boys facial expression laughing to himself as he enjoyed watching young air benders react to him saying he did not like being called a master. He took a few more sips of tea and he listened to the boy talk about how he was looking for a cook, but what was odd as he wanted to ask the cook something. He paused as he chewed on what the boy said as he felt like he was not telling him everything about why he wanted to see this cook. He then looked at the boy, his eyes peering through his mask," I feel like there is more to this story then just asking a cook on a few things. It can be just about a food recipe or help on a dinner course, I been on this planet for more then 50 years and I can tell when someone is withhold information." he said looking at the young master.

He then reached for the pot of tea and poured himself a new cup as he took a few more sips waiting for a response. He glanced at the food and he smiled," Mmmm this food looks good I will try it out as this conversation is indeed for worthy.." he teased himself. He removed his face mask that only covered the lower half of his face, as he removed it only his mouth was revealed which carried many cut marking across his mouth. He took a few bites then he placed the mask back on his face.
Back to top Go down
Junoxis
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Junoxis

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Deikan was startled at the monks insight. 'Does he know about my brother?' Deikan thought to himself. 'I'd better just out and ask him I guess...' Deikan took a breath in preparation, but the man interrupted. Deikan watched in fascination as the man ladelled out some stew, and removed the bottom half of his mask. As he ate, Deikan felt a question more burning than the answer he wasn't quite prepared to give. "Brother, what is your name?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm

He looked at the boy as he winced at the question. He was afraid of this happening but sooner or later he knew it was going to happen. He then looked at the ground as he let out a sigh," I am no one, I am just a traveling Artist who gave up on being a monk." he said cutting things short. " Though if you must know my name....its Jarlex of the Northern Air Temple. " he said. He at least had to give him his name but he would not disclose anything else that would reveal his true identity that formed outside of the air temple. He then looked back at the boy," Now that I answered your question you have yet to answer my question. So who is this cook you are searching for? I assume you personally know him since you are going a long ways to see him or her.." he said trying to avoid any more talking about himself.
Back to top Go down
Junoxis
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Junoxis

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 pm

At the man's wince, Shoso grumbled loudly before taking another mouthful of hay and settling down again. Deikan, however, was beginning to suspect this strange man, especially when he said he gave up on being a monk. But, when this shadow of a man mentioned his origin all of Deikan's doubts went away. "Wait, the Northern Air Temple... Have you been there recently?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 pm

This man was interesting to talk to and his actions regarding the questions of this cook were even more interesting. It was obvious to him that this cook could be a family member or someone he wanted revenge on, there was no way he could be this important and have nothing to talk about; the boy was hiding something. Then the pounding questions were now back at his history and Jarlex looked up to regard him.
He paused as he put down the cup of tea as he pondered on how he would respond to the question.

Talking about his past was like listening to someone scratch metal chalk board. it bothered him too the point where he got a headache. The past was the past and he hated talking about it even if it was just to talk about the past cities he had been too.

"Yes, I have been to the Northern and Southern Temple. The last I recall was a couple of years ago when I was still learning from an old master. I still traveled back and forward learning all I could even if i was considered a Master." he said in short to not expose who he truly was.

"Now I can tell you are bouncing around this cook which tells me he is not just a friend. Either this man is family or you want to kill him or her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Nights (Open)   Quiet Nights (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Nights (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next