Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_vote_lcapChapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_voting_barChapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_vote_lcapChapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_voting_barChapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lenkense
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Lenkense

Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Two weeks passed since Ryu got the Dragon Ring. Sleeping had been a mayor issue during those weeks. Nightmares kept popping up. It wasn’t clear. Ryu only could recall being afraid but he wasn’t sure about what. He started drinking ome herbal tea to be more relaxed but it wasn’t helping much.

One night Ryu woke up agitated. He was soaked in sweat and he was heavily shaking. His mind was mess; he everything was atop of his head. His heart kept pounding his chest like a ram. Even breathing became a herculean task since each breath hurted more and more. He could only sense dispairand angst

Later that day he had many headaches. He felt like someone was nailing the back of his head. Acupuncture wasn’t helping either since it made the nailing become a heated nailing. He was starting to thought that tearing his skin off would be releiveing comparing it to what he felt.

After some more pins applied he saw it. It was a small temple by the shore in the Earth Kingdom. Inside it there was a scroll. He didn’t knew what was inside the scroll but he was sure it had to do with the curse. The pain, the nightmares,the ring everything had to do with the curse. He decided he would go to the Earth Kingdom, maybe he could found some way to regain status to his clan. After all Okita’s treasure was starting to fade out. “Maybe I could talk to someone at Jasmine Dragon” He thought.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:52 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Date: Summer, 707 AO

The sweltering heat of the sun turned Ba Sing Se into, quite frankly, a biological oven. Children that didn't know better groveled at their mothers' feet, complaining of sunburn and thirst. People were fainting. Basil alone couldn't count how many times he nudged motionless bodies into the shade with his foot, or stepped over them altogether. It was such a fucking nuisance.

At least, he thought sporadically, as time went on, such occurrences stemmed. The people learned to adjust. It was not a little-known fact that summers at Ba Sing Se were not to be trifled with. The large continent was considerably close to the equator, and so summers were harsh and winters were fleeting, particularly to the poor residents of the Lower Ring.

The motionless, sun-scorched bodies lying in the roads brought forth memories he'd been trying to suppress for a while .. it was during another summer, several years ago, he'd rescued to young prince of the Northern Water Tribe, Roman. He'd taken him under his wing, and vowed to meet him again after he reunited him with his brothers. Now, he wasn't even sure if Roman remembered him. It'd been over eight years. And he wasn't sure if Roman would even want to see him again, Basil being an assassin now and all. Life was complicated.

He gazed up from his ramblings. Well, glare would be a more appropriate term. He tended to scowl when he concentrated, and so no one, apparently, desired to take his order. The shop was mostly operated by women, though, and he allowed himself a small smirk at the thought of this. Piece of cake.

"Ah .. excuse me," he called. Some girl gazed up from her stance in the corner, poring over her tiny little notepad. She took a step forward, and then paused. Basil's eyes, as red as the purest of blood, was shining almost amorously. He even smiled. But the color of his eyes still put many people off. Basil was not altogether sure how he felt about it; it was nice to have people fear you, but then again certain times didn't call for such a reaction.

Like now. He was thirsty as hell.

She mustered up the courage and came close, standing beside his table in the typical waitress manner. "May I take your order, sir?" she asked him warily. Basil imagined, with no small amount of amusement, how she and all her friends probably talked about him near the kitchen: the brooding boy by the window. He seemed dangerous. Ha.

"Well, miss," he breathed airily. An instantaneous blush painted itself across her face. "I hear you all specialize in Jasmine tea?" The question was quite redundant. What else would the 'Jasmine Dragon''s specialty, other than Jasmine tea? But the girl ate it up.

"Oh yes, sir! Would that be all?"

"Well, not quite."

She painted a smile on her face, but underneath it all she was still unsure. "Um, would you like some bread with that? Maybe some soup?"

He shook his head, then said, "Do youhave any experience making tea?"

She gave a start, eyes widening. "Well, yes."

He leaned forward a little. "Would you like to make my tea?"

If she was blushing before, her face was now completely red. The other girls at the cafe glanced in her direction, before whispering among themselves. In an effort to save herself from embarrassment, his server hurriedly held up her hands, "Oh--oh no! The owner of this shop is an expert at making tea. His tea is like magic. I'm sure you'll prefer -- "

"Madam, it's just tea." Basil took her hand in his. "I'm sure it'll be just fine." He looked up at her, eye shining, lips curved in a promise.

She melted. "Okay, I'll get right to that."

Basil watched her go, then leaned back in his seat, very much satisfied. He supposed he would have to leave a pretty hefty tip, but ha, any girl could fall under his spell. It was a matter of careful communication, and he still had it.

Last edited by LadyKura on Sun May 06, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Henate
Advanced Student
Advanced Student
Henate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

The sun had just risen, the heat that would affect the population of Ba Sing Se was still lurking, just waiting for the sun to rise higher on the skies, creeping in over the population of Ba Sing Se. The temperature was rising with every minute, but still, it was a chilly morning.

Iseul had woken up early this morning, unlike so many other mornings. There was something that had bothered him in his dreams, and now he layed there in his bed, staring up towards the roof, not being able to recall what he had dreamt about.
With a slight grunt, he pushes himself into a seated position, pulling his hand through his hair that had fallen infront of his face, moving it out of the way.

His feet establish contact with the floor, the stone was cold against his skin. With heavy foot/steps, he makes is way to the bathroom. He takes a 'quick' bath, only to fall asleep in the water, sleeping for about an hour more, his skin pruney at this point. The sun had rose above the walls now, the temperature already having reached the extreme considering the time of the year.

He gets dressed, and decides to leave his black coat behind, so he wouldn't boil to death before he could get outside the door. He was too lazy to make breakfast, in this heat, no way. Thus, he heads towards the tea shop where he knows they serve good tea, and something to much on, at a reasonable price.

He made his way through the street, protecting his skin with a ladies umbrella, causing a lot of glances to be sent in his direction. The sun was scorching at this point, but he had portable shade.

Reaching his destination, he makes his way into the Jasmine Dragon, where it was evident that other people had fled to in order to avoid a heat-stroke, and five minutes later, he had a table and an order placed. The time it took for him to get his tea, he spent examining the other people in the room. A boy stood out of the group, only a couple of tables away from himself. By the way he spoke to the waitress, twisting her around his finger, this man got a stamp immediatly. 'Future Con-Artist'

He found himself staring towards the boy so intensely, that he didn't notice that his tea was placed on the table, and if it hadn't been for the heat, it would have gone cold by now.
Back to top Go down
Lenkense
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Lenkense

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Ryu was exhasted. Ba Sing Se was way hotter than last time he came by. The people in the streets were frying, the children were so tired they could barely play any game and the fruit and veggies at the market seemed like rotting. The town felt just like an oven or like a burning stake.

Ryu started having second thoughts about going to have some tea but he had to give it a try. He was planning to convince the owner of the Jasmine Dragon to extend his Tea Empire over the Fire Nation. He knew there were some rare tea strands growing at the Ember Island. He was planning producing these strands for the Tea Shop and eventually expanding. But he needed the initial money. He had to buy the land, the seeds, and the crop tools and hire the people. He didn’t had enough money for al that. His intention was to make some money not to spened it all.

As he started you approach the Jasmine Dragon he could hear the people inside. The bar wasn’t croweded but the place was bustling. “Maybe someone special it’s inside” he thought. While he entered entered he heard the most awful phrase someone could pronounce “Madam, it’s just tea.” “No! It’s not just tea you dumbass! For starter not every ‘tea’ is a TEA.”

“The tea brewed with the tea plant it is tea. The other infusion are NOT tea they are just infusion. Infusion it’s not a correct word either since tea it’s also an infusion, a tea infusion. Tisane on the other hand it’s quite more precise.”

“There are various strand of tea but mainly there are 6 varieties of tea: white, yellow, green, blue, red and black. From white to red the fermentation process is longer. Starting from no fermentation, white, and finishing in red totaly fermented. Black is tea that it’s exposed let outdoor to change it flavor and taste. Even there that’s just the start of the clasification. There are dozens of tea for each “color”. For example a Ceylon it’s not like a Daarjeling and both are red. And a Sencha is not like a Gun Powder and both are green.”

As Ryu made this inner monologue he entered the place and starting to look around searching for that irrespectful being. It was a young boy pompously sitting in Ryu’s spot asking for a Jasmine tisane. Ryu could smell the difference between a Jasmin tisane and a Jasmine flavored tea.

“Excuse me young fella. I bet you are a tea connoisseur aren’t you? Why else would you visit the finest tea house of Ba Sing Se and even the world.”
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:46 am

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Darin hadn't let his little conversation with the waitress preoccupy him. As an 'assassin', he'd learned several things related to being observant. He'd identified two more customers entering the shop in his peripheral vision. One of them had an extremely annoying stare .. a man with a parasol. And another one came just as he'd uttered, "Madam, it's just tea." His server had just enough time to mumble her reply and scuttle to the kitchens before the fellow decided to put his grimy ass two cents in.

“No! It’s not just tea, you dumbass! For starters, not every ‘tea’ is a TEA.”

“The tea brewed with the tea plant it is tea. The other infusions are NOT tea, they are just infusion. Infusion it's not a correct word either since tea it's also an infusion, a tea infusion. Tisane, on the other hand, it’s quite more precise.”

“There are various strands of tea, but mainly there are 6 varieties of tea: white, yellow, green, blue, red and black. From white to red the fermentation process is longer. Starting from no fermentation, white, and finishing in red totally fermented. Black is tea that it’s exposed let outdoor to change it flavor and taste. Even there that’s just the start of the classification. There are dozens of tea for each “color”. For example a Ceylon it’s not like a Daarjeling and both are red. And a Sencha is not like a Gun Powder and both are green.”

Basil had the keenest desire to plunge a knife in this man's throat. Still being a minor, he hadn't been allowed to kill anyone in the official line of business, but he had no qualms with carrying out his first duty today. When he was just a boy, the prospect of taking the life of others horrified him. Both his mother and fellow assassins drilled into him to idea that his 'profession' was the most advanced forms of justice. Formal assassins did not kill just for money, they were hired by governments to get rid of corrupt leaders. And when Basil turned twenty, he will be doing just that.

But for now .. the matter at hand.

"I am a dumbass," he drawled faintly. "because I do not waste my time covering a trivial topic such a tea? On your part, I believe when you say 'it's', you truly mean 'is'. You also have a problem with plurals. However, I do commend you for being so bold. Not many people are brave enough to raise their voice at a mere stranger sitting in a tea shop in the most dangerous sector of Ba Sing Se. About arbata (tea), no less." The girls in the cafe started whispering. One sent another to the back, undoubtedly trying to fetch 'his waitress' so she can see what is going on. Basil basked in the attention. He was used to conflict, and it only served to entertain him.

Last edited by LadyKura on Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henate
Advanced Student
Advanced Student
Henate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:12 pm

(OOC: You can skip me this round, my character isn't into what is going on, and there is no change)
Back to top Go down
Lenkense
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
Lenkense

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Ryu was surprise. He didn’t notice how he opened his mouth while saying his inner monologue. He knew he was being rude but he didn’t mean to say any of what he said. He was hoping to trick the kid into his trap but he had made a terrible mistake.

On the other hand Ryu didn’t want a kid to make fun of him. No kid was gonna be rude neither at him nor at tea. Plus they were at the finest tea shop of Ba Sing Se. The kid was also being rude with the owner of the tea shop. Their life was brewing tea and here was this kid making fun of their job.

“Sweetie, I think our friend is leaving” Ryu said to the waitress “I think you won’t allow such an irrespectful people at this place, will you?” Ryu pointed at the kid. “I’ll have what I usually take after you take this irrespectfull being out of my sight. By the way I’d like to have a cup of tea with the owner. I have some business to be done with him.”
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:52 pm

| Darin "Basil" |
Spoiler:

Basil rose a brow. "Surely my waitress won't kick me out when I was obviously the one provoked." He gazed at her with clear eyes. "Will she?"

The girl blushed fiercely. "U-uhm, well," she stuttered. She tugged at her blonde pigtail, averting her gaze to her little notepad. "Th-there's no call for any of that. Not just yet. How's about we get you seated, sir, and we can carry on." She gestured to Ryu, and padded off, expecting him to follow. Without a doubt they'd stick him in the farthest corner.

Basil coldly gazed at his empty table. It was obvious he'd hit the man hard. As much as he desired to laugh, he figured that would just be cruel. He wasn't the one yelled at first. The man had blatantly called him a 'dumbass' and insulted his intelligence. No one was the better man, but he'd certainly embarrassed the other. Why did adults enjoy bothering the youngsters? It was a common fact that they were likely not as wise, having been in the world for a shorter period than the older people. Basil had extensive information on many subjects that came with his training, but not once did he regard the art of 'teas' anything but fundamental.

Last edited by LadyKura on Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henate
Advanced Student
Advanced Student
Henate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Iseul perked his ears, listening to the conversation that was going on a couple of tables ahead of him. If there was one thing he disliked, it was quarreling, and besides, this kid really had no social antennas at all. That kid seemed like the most annoying kid in the entire world.

He sent his waitress a quick glance, waving for her to approach. "Excuse me, the ruckus over there is disturbing me. Could you please ask them to shut up?" He said, a bit too loudly, making sure that the kid would hear what he was saying. His gaze then shifted towards the kid, shooting a sharp glare in his direction. "Actually nevermind.." He then continued, getting up from his chair.

"I won't have my tea at a place where they allow people to talk disrespectfully about tea. I'd usually recommend this place to all my friends, but my views have certainly changed when the staff, who should feel honoured and should value tea greatly, allow for a young 'brat' to talk disrespectfully about the liquid that makes your living. May I have a word with your owner? I'll place a complaint." He said, continuing to speak loudly, making sure that the entire tea shop heard what he was saying, not removing his glance from the boy even once, whilst shooting the boy a satisfied smirk, almost like a challenge, asking him 'What's your next move?'
Back to top Go down
xLeperMessiahxx
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
xLeperMessiahxx

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Kesuk stood at the threshold of the Jasmine dragon for a few moments before walking in. It had been a long journey from his home on the northern shores of the south pole, and he was exhausted in both body and mind. His blue tunic was battered from the trip and his pants and boots were covered in dirt.
As he stepped into the shop the aroma of tea and sweets filled his nose, he found the most secluded table and immediately sat down looking for some peace and quiet. As he sat down he lifted his waterskin off his back and rested it on the table in front of him.
As he waited for the waitress to come he lifted his hand and ran it over his face in an attempt to wake himself up. He looked like hell, his months of travel had left his brown eyes with bags underneath them, and the faint gray of stubble lined his face. His dark brown hair which was normally kept in a warrior's wolf tail now hung loosely over his face. He hadn't had much time to worry about appearance in the few months leading up to his arrival, it had been his goal to put as much distance between himself and the water tribe as possible.
As Kesuk sat with his head resting in his hands his mind wandered back to his last days in his village. His thoughts filled with fire and screams, his mothers screams. A single tear ran down his cheek as he remembered the woman who had given him birth. His mother was dead and his father had gone missing, it was his goal to find his mother's killers and hopefully his father as well.
"Hello young man... Would you like something to drink?" As Kesuk snapped back to reality he looked up to see an elder woman smiling down at him with her hands folded into the sleeves of her cloak. Gesuk wiped off the tear and looked up with a half-hearted smile..
" Yes ma'am, Gyokuro please" The woman bowed and walked off to place his order. Kesuk leaned back in his chair and scanned the quaint tea shop.
Kesuk was surprised to see a boy stand up and storm at the waitress "I won't have my tea at a place where they allow people to talk disrespectfully about tea. I'd usually recommend this place to all my friends, but my views have certainly changed when the staff, who should feel honoured and should value tea greatly, allow for a young 'brat' to talk disrespectfully about the liquid that makes your living. May I have a word with your owner? I'll place a complaint."
"There's no need to take your anger out on the shop" Kesuk said rising to his feet to signify who it was who was speaking, " One can't help when some ignorant person walks in and insults their way of life"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)   Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: The Trip to Ba Sing Se (Open to everyone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next