Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Merrick [finished] 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Merrick [finished] I_vote_lcapMerrick [finished] I_voting_barMerrick [finished] I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Merrick [finished] I_vote_lcapMerrick [finished] I_voting_barMerrick [finished] I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Merrick [finished]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Merrick [finished] Empty
PostSubject: Merrick [finished]   Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

BASICS

Name: Merrick Fuman
Rank: Ex-Noble Water Bender & Fire Bender (If im approved for both... If not, then just Water Bender)
Pets: N/A
Weapons:

Serpent of the Sea

Merrick's sword is a japanese longsword fit for a king, and is beautiful down to the very last detail. Unlike most, he treasures his sword as if it were his actual life partner, and has added little modifications to his sword throughout his time as a Bender adding gold here and there, as well as Japanese writing. The blade while in the sheath measures 32" in length, and the sheath is a beautiful dark blue color, with three japanese characters symbolising his trust, companionship and the honor of working with his sword. About two and a half inches towards the opening of the hilt is a dark blue wrapping which is used to fasten the sword to Merrick's waist. In the center of the dart blue wrapping is a small circular ring which is used to hold the wrapping in blade, ensuring that the wrapping does not leave Merrick's waist.

The hilt of the blade is nothing extraordinary, though it is still as elegant as the entire sword, with the hilt being about one and a half feet long, ensuring for a good grip, and much space to change grips when in a tight lock. The hilt is wrapped in blue wrapping, much like the exterior of the sheath, but the wrapping used on the hilt is wrapped in a diamond formation, which creates multiple diamonds throughout the length of the sword, spanning from each end of the hilt, which on each end is ended by a small golden cap. The cap has small designs of a dragon around the perimeter of the golden caps, and is as shiney as water on a midnights' beautiful evening. The gaurd, like much of the sheath, has gold, which is in a small, 1-inch-in-diameter circle around the hilt, which is defined as the gaurd, which has engraved a tiny dragon that encircles the entire perimeter of the gaurd, making it seem as though the blade has its very own bite to it.

Remove the sheath from the sword and you get the blade itself, which is a beautiful silver color, with a wave design on the blade, that can only be noticed in the darkest of nights, as when in the sunlight, the blade is too reflectant to notice such variations on the blade, as Merrick's personally keeps the blade as shiny and beautiful as it could possibly be. Like the sheath, the blade is 32" in length, and throughout the length of the blade, it is razor sharp, having the ability to cut leafs simply by touching them, cutting them as if they were absolutely nothing. This is due to the sword personality being very... very sharp, which is reflected upon by the sharpness of the blade. At the very end of the blade, the tip is curved slightly at an acute angle, making the tip of the blade deathly sharp, very sudden, unlike most swords Merrick has noticed thus far

APPEARANCE

Hair: Merrick's hair is long and completely black, only showing anything except black when the sun shines upon it, creating a bright and beautiful streak of white. It runs down past the middle of his back, though it always kept in a tight ponytail, though even though it is in a Ponytail, it is still a little bit "full". The width of his hair would easily go past 3 inches. His hair is smooth to the touch.

Eyes: Merrick, being a twin has acquired an odd, though real disorder of his eyes. (Im not sure what it's called) The disorder isn't bad - if anything, it'd be considered more unique than anything. His left eye has a faint red glow to it, and his right is a deep blue color, signifying the ocean in which he was born by.

Height: (I just wanna say something. I'm 13 and i'm 6 foot... it's realistic...) Due to Merrick's long legs and long back, he has acquired a typically tall height, where the highest point of him reaches 5'11", which is the average height for a Southern Water Tribe Male.

Clothes: Merrick's clothes are as elegant and regal as his very personality, as he wears clothes signifying him to be a man of at least semi-importance. He wears a long blue and red silk robe, with long blue sleeves with red cuffs at the end. The sleeves reach all the way down past his wrists, barely revealing his finger tips. Since it is a robe, it has no place for legs, at least not individually, simply for the fact that it is a robe, it has the normal space for a robe's legs, which is just an open area which encircles the legs and the feet, usually exposing the feet, though in Merrick's case, it drags on the floor only slightly. The leg area of the robes is blue in the center, with two vertical strips of red running down, on either side of the center. On the torso is the robe's torso area, which is also quite elegant, which follows the pattern of the robe bottoms; blue in the center, red on either side. In the center of the Torso section rests a circular blue Sapphire, held by a long silk support, which rests on Merrick's neck.

Overall Appearance: As a WaterBender, Merrick decided it was time to dress as elegant as possible. He looked more human than he had in countless years for some very odd reason. His height of 5'11'', and the armor of his childhood years were discarded to reveal Merrick's new Blue and Red robes, which Yokkyu's appeared to be a giant white trench coat with white baggy pants, with his Serpent of Water on his right hip. His eyes, red and blue, which didn't make sense as this was a trait that Merrick somehow inherited simply for having a twin.

His face, now back to being a creamy white, is once again free of all facial hair, and his eyes reverted to their slightly slanted form, as well as his thin eyebrows showing once more. His nose shrunk, as the pressure from the mask that he wore completely for many years pressed down on his face, pushing the cartiledge in his nose back throughout the years. His lips were a beautiful pinkish color, that for some odd reason remained chapped for most of his time as a child. His chin for some reason began to jutt inward, which forced Merrick to have some pleasure, as it made his face look normal.

His arms were their normal monkey-length, though only without hair on any part of his body, which was an obvious pleasure to Merrick. As well as his arms revereting to their length, Merrick also gained his previous boyish muscles back from his time as a child. With slightly defined biceps, triceps, abs and pecks, which would more than likely make a female droll, but one would be unable to say for sure. Merrick's elbows were slightly pointed outwards, making them sharp and somewhat deadly. Merrick's knees were also oddly buldging out from his legs, even if his legs weren't the least bit skinny. In the center of Merrick's throat rested his hollow hole, and diretly below sat the "2" tattoo.

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality: Merrick is and always has been a very hard person to please and to satisfy. It has always either been his way, or no way at all, or he'd end up getting either frustrated and/or pissed. It was difficult for him to get his way, so he often shown himself as a rude, arrogant and easily-frustrated male, though always showing expertise when it came to being a leader. Being a Leader, he was always stern and believed all those under him should and would obey him, or they'll suffer the appropriate consequences to learn right from wrong, and to spot a mistake before it could happen. He was generally a jerk to everyone, even the other Captains, but knew when and how to show respect when he absolutely needed to, and didn't show it unless he knew he needed to do so. It was just his way of life, it was his way of living. He has many likes, and many dislikes, and he is normal like everyone else and has habits like everyone else, sharing common beliefs, though his attitude was a bit different from everyone elses.

To start, he liked things to go his way, this meant his subordinates listening ATTENTIVELY, paying attention to each and every word he would say, and if they didn't, they'd sudder the consequences. He also liked when he had the ability to help the unintelligent, always lending a sharp tongue to whip them into shape, and if they didn't listen for whatever reason, he would be done with trying and simply give up. Unlike most Captains, he thoroughly enjoyed doing paper work, as it gave him time off to focus on the important things, and less time to chit chat about pointless things. He, like most Benders enjoied his privacy and time alone especially, as when he was alone he had time to think and concentrate about infortant decisions. Now this doesnt mean he didn't like being around people, he just enjoied some time alone every now and then - a bit of focus time. He also liked to train, whether he trained himself, or a subordinate, which either one he'd train as vigorous as Benderly-possible, pushing himself and his subordinates to their upmost extreme limit, to ensure that the both of them acheived the best result as possible. Though, oddly for a man like Merrick, he liked spending time in the World of the Living, as he felt a strange connection with the realm... a connection he could not explain.

With many likes, a man like Merrick is bound to have dislikes as well, and he strongly... "disliked" these things, in fact, he had a pure hatred for these things, and they could easily set him off into a giant fit. For starters, he absolutely looked down upon and utterly despised cocky people, as he thought that they believed they were superior, while in the end them being cocky proved that they were in fact inferior beings who simply believed something they couldn't acheive. He also despised being interupted, and when interupted, Merrick will quit what he is saying and simply glare at his peer with a look of disgust and disregard for manners as he could possibly muster. He also strongly disliked when people spoke too much, as he believed it as a weakness, as the person who spoke too much did not realise it, but if it were a battle, while they spoke their giant forever-long book, they could of had their neck slashed, and have their blood spilled all over the floor. He also hates it when inferiors are disrespectful to superiors, especially when it came to a Apprentice <-> Bender relationship, as he thought each Bender should show the utmost respect to a Captain, whether they are or are not the Bender that they serve under.

Even though Merrick is a bit different from the others in terms of likes and dislikes, he is somewhat similar to others when it comes to having the typical habits, such as - he tends to think much about his existance, he doesn't know who he is, or why he is where he currently is. He does not know why he chose to become a Bender to master his element, nor does he know why he even kills hollows, as they react to pure instinct. He also has a habit of tending to look down upon others, even though he dislikes it when others look down upon anyone else, he think's it or more correctly, he does not notice it yet, but he thinks it is okay for him to look down upon others, as he secretly believes he is superior to most, if not all in some way or another. He also has a habit of walking fast, which is irritating to his peers, as he will be walking at his normal fast pace, and they will not yet be use to it and struggle to keep up with his odd form of stroll. He also tends to jump to conclusions too often, usually not waiting to hear the whole story before he begins to accuse others of things he is not yet 100% sure of, though he is only... part human, it is as expected. He also has an odd habit of laughing at his own jokes, which due to his personality makes it awkward for his dry sense of humor-self to laugh at his own joke, which others tend to make fun of him about.

Like most Bender and Double-Elemental Benders, Merrick belives in proper justice, though for which side is unknown as of yet. Him, being a Double Bender can see it from both perspectives with equality and fairness to both. Having hollow powers, he understands partially what it is like to be hunted by the Bender by something you cannot control, and his hollow part makes him despise the Bender for doing so. Likewise, Bender side sees it the opposite way, that the hollows must be slain and murdered simply for them following their instinct and eating the souls of others, as it is what they naturally do. He belivies in justice,though in this case, it couldn't be considered justice, more like twisted justice,which is greatly confusing. Being a man who believes in justice, when if he is straight, he believes a man and a man, or a woman and a woman have the right to be together if that is what they wish to do, as there is nobody who wrote a life-binding rule that it must be the other way around, andMerrick believes that all those who oppose the idea are just in denial of being gay or bisexual themselves.

Though Merrick as a person is hard to get along with, as he is easily frustrated simply by doing some of the things he does not like, such as being disrespectful. He is frustrated easily by going against his beliefs, and will be quick to raise his voice or shout if he does not get his way. Along with being easily frustrated, he is also quite ignorant, not usually paying full attention to a situation before he acts upon it, even though that is not proper justice, he is just somewhat confused. Along with being ignorant, he is also very arrogant and overconfident in his abilities, which is a major flaw on his behalf and can cost him greatly if the time calls for a serious battle. Like most of his seemingly mean personality, he is also a jerk, being the first one to use bad language, and the first to insult for simple prejustices, which is unjust and unfair, which inevitably makes him a hypocrit, as he goes against his own beliefs and dislikes, which as said above, he does not yet notice.
Personal Strengths: (Not to many. 1-5 pretty much.)
Personal Weaknesses: (2-5 on this. Not many people want to put a lot, but put 2-5.)

Personal Hero: Kung-Sei-Wei, a man of Merrick's dreams.

(Likes and Dislikes were covered in his overall personality)

History Merrick has had a long and troubling history, though much of it he cannot recall. He remembers just the basics. He was born as a Noble in the Southern Water Tribe, and remembered his chuldhood up until he was 19. It was great, he lived in a nice large house and got everything he could ever want... but... he remembers faintly of an accident... After he was recognized to be Water-Bender Material, he was taken away and trained in a seperate area with a Grand-Master of Water Bending, though there occured a terrible accident... He was attempting to perfect his skills with ice bending, though something went horrible wrong, and the wind blew in a giant gust, disrupting his stream of water, as it turned into ice, and since he lost control, it fell and clunked him on his head, knocking him out.

His whole tribe assumed him to be dead, and laid him to "rest" in the Southern Ocean, where he slept for months, encased in a giant bubble that he somehow created in his defense. He floated throughout the ocean, until reaching Earth Bender territory, where he woke up in simply because he reached the shore and the sunlight bore down nice and hot on him. When reaching the shores, he awoke with a fretful attitude, and was in a land unknown. As a young 19 year old male, he found himself capable of taking care of himself, and decided to take up a home in the Earth Kingdom, where he would farm and use his Water Bending skills to help others. Though after two years of living in the Earth Kingdom, he had a nightmare, and not just once - multiple times. It was his conscience revealing to him what had happened.

He learned that while he was training, he suffered a terrible accident because he was not concentrating hard enough on his water bending and allowed the gust to disrupt his flow as he was turning his water into ice, which fell and knocked him in the back of the head, where he lied unconscience, bleeding heavily through the back of his head. His master, Kung-Sei-Wei had also suffered from the terrible accident, and while Merrick only got clunked on the head, Kung was pierced through his skull, killing him. This nightmare repeated itself countless times, until one night Merrick woke up with tremendous anger, and shouted out, fire coming from his mouth. His hands were also omitting fire, which in turn burnt his entire house down and set fire to the entire village. Knowing that if he remained where he was any longer, the authorities would be after him, he quickly ran to the neasrest ocean and used his Water Bending skills to get him from the vilage to the Fire Nation, where he would train in his newfound Fire Bending abilities.

He reached the Fire Nation Capital, and asked around and eventually found a master and explained to him his situation. The master saw potential in Merrick and took him in as a student, though much older than what he was use to. For the next 7 years, Merrick perfected his skills in Fire Bending, as well as Water Bending, learning also how to Blood Bend as well as Lightning Bend, and everything within the art of Water and Fire Bending.. Merrick currently resides in the Fire Nation Capital, using his Water and Fire Bending abilities as he see's fit, now that he is a master in it.

Role-Play Sample
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Merrick [finished] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merrick [finished]   Merrick [finished] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:07 pm

approved
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com

Merrick [finished]
Page 1 of 1