Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)

Go down 
+2
Fire Lord Kouzai
Sammi
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Sammi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Sammi

In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Éclair Kakihara

"Oh alright, as long as you don't spoil me too much. I'm spoilt enough already, really." She chuckled, glancing at each little stall and shop they passed by. She stopped by a small stall that held a range of different hair accessories. Her fingertips softly lifting an elegant looking hair comb with fake cherry blossoms upon it. Even though it looked great, the fake fabric flowers felt like as if they could be easily ripped or taken off with just the lightest amount of touch. Quality was an important part to Eclair's standards, so she moved on.

She occasionally stopped by other little stalls that held a bit of interest, but those didn't really satisfy her. This was until she halted at a jewellery store. Eclair's eyes widening in amusement, quickly rushing to take a look at the shining jewel that caught her in an instant. It was a glistening red maroon garnet, her birthstone. It was incased with a gold trim and chain. Still examining the necklace in amusement, she spoke up. "The beach sounds like a good idea," Eclair nodded as she gently pulled the adjustable necklace up to her neck, head descended to look at the jewel that chilled like ice on her soft skin between her two collar bones.

"This is a nice accessory, don't you think? It's a garnet, my birthstone for January," She slowly turned around, backside facing him "Put this on for me, please?"Eclair pleaded kindly.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 am

Morohito Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
Spoiler:
-----------------------------------------------------
Life is all about resolve. Outcome is secondary. It is resolve that determines the value of your life.

Eclair looked over the wares of the stalls that filled the market square. Many merchants frowned as she glanced at their products and simply put it down, a bit of sadness in her eye. Many wanted to retaliate with words, but then they would look over at Morohito, the lumbering giant he was, not too far behind her, and would hold their tongues out of respect for him. Morohito knew why she turned down so many goods. Some of them were of poorer quality. And this saddened Morohito, he would make sure that all goods were checked before being imported or exported.

The boom in trade was causing people to make massive profits, yet this was not enough. The greedy merchants were cutting costs by cutting corners; cheating on crafting materials or the authenticity of items, yet selling these far cheaper products for the same price, sometimes even for a bit more. It was sickening. Morohito would have the edict out tonight, once Eclair had gone to bed, and he had time to rule the island as he should. Morohito waited for Eclair to choose, and smiled as she did.

A necklace; a red maroon garnet set in gold. A wonderful choice; even more so for why she chose it. "Birth stone, huh?" smiled Morohito, "What an excellent choice." As Eclair admired her purchase, Morohito paid the cost, and a bit extra. This merchant was one of the honest ones; he had earned the extra for his honesty. Then Eclair asked for Morohito to assist in placing the necklace around her neck. Morohito blushed, taken aback a bit, but happily agreed. Standing behind her, he grasped the chain, taking the clasp and hook in both hands. Then, gently, or as careful as his large thumbs would allow him, connected them and closed the loop.

"There, how is that?" wondered Morohito as he stepped back to admire his work. He didn't have time to admire long, as the sound of a table hitting the ground and several bits of jewelry hitting the stone streets resounded from behind him. There were two screams, and Morohito guessed it was a robbery. Turning, Morohito saw that the man was not a local; he wore Earth Kingdom clothes. "A stow away," he said, "Well regardless, he is on Imperial territory and thus is subject to Imperial law." The man ran towards Morohito; well not towards him directly, but in his general direction and Morohito responded quickly. He placed his thumb on the guard of his blade.

He pushed the blade forward gently, only so that it rose an inch from the wooden sheath. Then as the man neared, time seemed to slow for Morohito. As the man got within range, Morohito drew his sword, turning the sword over, so that the curve faced up towards the sky and the blade faced the ground, and performed a draw-slash with his sword. Blood splattered on Morohito and on the cobblestone streets. Not a lot, but enough that was noticeable. The man stumbled back screaming, dropping the bag of gold and several guards rushed over to the scene. Morohito froze in his place, then wiped the edge of his sword against the opening of his sheath before sliding it back into the sheath.

Looking down at the man, Morohito gave him an all knowing look of warning. The blade had caught him beneath the armpit, and his entire left arm was removed at the shoulder. "Bring this man to a doctor, get him healed up, and then place him in the Tenmu-roya Prison. Thirty days in the work yards for his indiscretion," said Morohito strictly, "Normally the punishment for theft is six months in prison. But loosing an arm is bad enough. Perhaps next time you will learn to not steal." With that, the guards returned the gold to the merchant, and walked off to the bleeding man groaning into the wind.

"My apologies," bowed Morohito noticing his blood stained clothes, "We must return to change before we go to the beach...it seems I have bloodied my yukata...and my hakama as well. I will need a new pair; the sword will also require cleaning so the blood does not damage the blade." This was the unfortunate part of his job as a vigilante and a guard on Ember Island, upholding the law, regardless of what action needed to be taken. "I would also like to apologize for the scene you were forced to observe," said Morohito with a humble and low bow, "It was unfitting for a guest of the Regent Lord's Palace to witness."
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Sammi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Sammi

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:14 am

Éclair Kakihara

Hands twisting and fiddling a bunch of her hair that rested all on her right side, admiringly looking down at the necklace with a happy smile. "Thank you," She thanked him with a mere nod, "It's wonderful."

Opening her mouth to speak once more, she was interrupted by a few screams and a rush of steps towards their direction. Eclair's eyes trailed to the sudden scene before her, shuffling behind Morohito's back for safety. Watching him draw his razor-sharp blade without a worry.

Time seemed to slow down when a slash was heard loud and clear. A astonished and panicked gasp leaving her lips. Splatters of blood spurting out from the man's left shoulder, detached arm dropping to the ground; pouring pools of blood on the cobble road. The criminal screeching and wailing on the ground in agony, followed by whispers from the witnesses that begin to crowd around the man and Mothers covering their child's eyes as they hurry somewhere elsewhere.

She drew her attention back to Morohito, a panicked expression shown. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you anywhere? My gosh, you have blood all over you! You even have a bit of blood on your cheek, here, let me help."Eclair panicked like a worried-sick mother. Reaching up on her tippy-toes, she ran her thumb over his blood splattered cheek with her brows furrowed.

"It's alright, we can go to the beach some other time. You did what you had to do, after all, it is your duty to take care of the island." She reassured him with a shake of her head.

The two of them turned around and walked their way back to the palace, earning some strange looks at the two.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:59 am

Spoiler:
Life is all about resolve. Outcome is secondary. It is resolve that determines the value of your life.

Morohito let out a small laugh as Eclair doted on him, standing up on the tips of her toes trying to wipe blood off his cheek. "You might get along with my cousin Audurna, we're the same age but she treats me like a child, she was always taking care of me as a kid," laughed Morohito as he thought about his cousin and her sister, Aryianna. He had not seen them in years, and truth be told he missed them. Last he heard, Aryianna found her long-time lover in the arms of another woman and pushed him into the ocean of Yue Bay. Morohito chuckled as he assumed it would've been a funny scene. Though unfortunately, it had hardened his cousin's heart as a result.

"Are you sure? I do feel bad ruining it for you, though I suppose you have all week," sighed Morohito with a frown as the two began the walk back to the palace, "That will give me a chance to catch up on today's paperwork. What will you do until dinner? I doubt you'll want to be around while I do boring paperwork, and unfortunately you forging my signature is illegal--much as it would help." Morohito had already committed treason by letting Eclair into the Empress' Room in the Guest Wing. He wasn't going to risk anything more. Besides, unlike the papers, the Empress' Room had not been in use for over a decade. Owlan's life passed shortly after him, from sickness. And not too long after, Morohito's own mother succumbed to a similar sickness.

The same sickness took out Morohito's aunt, Major General Mehn of the Imperial Army, who had married Erolass and mothered Hideyoro with him. The sickness, brought back from Ullondor, devasted the Six Nations. Many who found themselves survives of the bloody crusades that took place across the world found themselves dead at home from the sickness they brought back with them. Families were ripped apart. The greatest example was when it took out the royalty of the Southern Water Tribe as well, Kaida and Kael Shirokani, twin brother and sister who ruled the tribe together. Kaida was married to Cassian Leihing, a prince in the Northern Tribe, and a distant cousin by both marriage and blood to Morohito and his cousins. They had a child together, Farrah, whom had become Cassian's pride and joy since loosing his wife, and ever since the North had ruled the South.

A mother, two aunts and distant cousins. That's what Morohito lost, with the first three being the hardest for him, his mother especially. His father Eldunar was never the same afterwards, neither was Owlan or Erolass. Morohito also lost Nyla, a noble girl whom he had teased in childhood. Despite that they were close friends, and Morohito loved her deeply, though he was young. She fell sick towards the end of the plague, when most thought it was safe to return to life as it was before. Morohito worked towards being a vigilante every since. He wanted to change the world for the better, and save people who could be saved, as if that would bring Nyla back to him. As if that would save the girl he couldn't.

Morohito looked up, noticing that they were already back at the palace. Whatever Eclair had been saying the whole time, if she said anything at all, Morohito had not heard. "Well, I suppose this is where I leave you, unless you truly wish to join me in the paperwork," laughed Morohito, trying to mask his distant thoughts, "Until dinner?" Morohito grabbed Eclairs hand, and kissed the back of it once more before disappearing into the northern wing of the palace, heading straight across the Entrance Hall towards the far back wall. That was where the dining hall, office and library was located, as well as the drawing room. Morohito's goal was the office, and thus, his work for the day.
Back to top Go down
Sammi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Sammi

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:57 am

Éclair Kakihara

"Well, I don't want to disturb you while you work; so I may perhaps relax in the empress's room." She hummed, twirling thick strands of hair with her right hand's finger. Eyes glistening and gazing into his as he gently took her left hand and planted a light peck upon it. Flattered by the matter, she blushed like a red rose.

She mumbled a quiet Thanks Kouzai for allowing me to live and see another day. before quickly turning on the heels of her sandals, and making her way to the Empress's room. Luckily and gratefully, she had remembered how to get there.

Closing the door behind her, she slid down and rested on the wooden floor leant on the closed door. Sighing as her fingers ran through the parting of her hair; a wide happy grin shown upon her. Eclair repeatedly pinched her arm, not entirely sure if this were a dream or not.

Never in the past few years had she communicated so deeply with somebody like now. Eclair felt like something inside of her had changed. Just a day ago, she was a small broken shell that disallowed any sort of affection towards herself. She use to be a quiet and somewhat mysterious girl, but now that she has met Morohito; all of that has changed. She blushes whenever they get close, she talks a lot more than usual and feels special.

Eclair got up from the ground and sat herself in front of a glossy mirror. Hands running through her soft silk-like long cocoa brown hair, brushing it to the side and separating it for braiding. Teasing the top of her head for a more of a puff, and tying the end of the braid. The result of the hairstyle made her satisfied and just in time for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Spoiler:

As Eldunar entered the North Wing as it was known, he was met by a bowing servant. "My Lord, your father, His Grace Emperor Eldunar, sent a call through the radio while you were out, looking for you," said the servant like it was a great honour to pass on the message. "Thanks Kouzai for allowing me to live and see another day., did he say what he wanted?" asked Morohito continuing towards the small courtyard up ahead. The servant shook his head, though mentioned that the Emperor intended on calling back later. Morohito made a note of that and dismissed the messenger before entering the courtyard. It was beautiful. Cherry trees and willows, and a fish pond in the centre.

Morohito inhaled the beautiful, sweet-smelling air, and walked over to the pond. Beside it lay a wooden bucket and ladle. Filling the bucket with ease, Morohito dipped the ladle in, drew his sword, and poured water over the upturned blade. The water broke up the bits of dried blood and washed away the still viscous blood. Then, Morohito reached within his robes, and wrapped around his tanto was a cloth. Taking it out and wiping down his sword, Morohito was satisfied once it was dry and slipped it back into its sheath, noting to clean the thing completely later by removing the blade from the hilt.

Once he was finished, Morohito dumped the bucket water back into the pond and left the courtyard through another door, which led into the Regent Lord's office. With a yawn he removed his sword and placed it by the door, then sat himself in the desk and began shuffling through paperwork. All the while, Morohito couldn't keep his mind of Eclair. He gave her something to do, but more than that, it was the way she made him feel. He was happy, he was light; his heart was always racing and she made hi trip over his words. Morohito had never felt more inclined to treat someone like they were a queen as he was with Eclair. There was just something about her, and the way Morohito felt for her.

Morohito hit his head on the desk with a sigh, "You've got it bad, buddy," he said to himself. He didn't exactly mind having Eclair around though, and his feelings for her weren't a bad thing. "Dad always did want grandkids," laughed Morohito as he returned to his paperwork, "Once thing at a time though, I suppose." It was ironic, he supposed, that this was the exact same way his parents met. Han Shu was a lonely traveller who returned to her home on Ember Island looking for her parents, no idea what her past was. Eldunar took her in, treated her like royalty and the two fell in love. Maybe this was Morohito's chance at love, finally. It wouldn't be the weirdest way for an Ezofuji to fall in love.

Kouzai I met the woman he loved on a beach on Ember Island. She was just a random girl hiding from her abusive parents during the rule of Dark Lord Ibu and the Invasion of Darkness. He had also met three of his closest friends and freedom fighters on that beach. Fire Lord Lee, Kouzai I's son, met his wife while the two were travelling with the children of their parents (all of them Kouzai I's friends), as they, all incarnations of the Warriors of the Elements, trying to save the world from another wave of evil. Phantom Blade was her name; in fact while Lee, also Avatar, went to kiss Phantom goodbye in the middle of the night before departing for a secret Avatar with his father, kicked Lee through a wall in shock.

Morohito laughed as he remembered hearing the stories. Apparently there was still a Lee-sized hole in the wall of the Rontunda's dormitories, though he had never been there to see it. Then came the sound of the gong, the dressing gong that signalled it was time to dress for dinner. Morohito hadn't even noticed the time slip away, and rushed to his room, post-haste, in order to change his clothes. Once he had changed his yukata, his kamishimo and his hakama, Morohito made his way to Eclair's room, looking to walk with her down to dining hall.

Pausing as he stopped before the door, he knocked, not daring to walk in again. "Eclair? It's Morohito, I thought I would come to escort you to the dining hall," he explained, then realizing that he might sound like he was parenting her, added, "Not that you need escorting! You're an adult of course it's just...you know, a big house and I thought it would be the proper and polite thing to do...that's all." Morohito let out a silent sigh, hiding his embarrassment. Thank goodness there was a wooden door and a wall between him and Eclair. If she could see the shade of red Morohito was turning, she'd laugh at the irony.
Back to top Go down
Sammi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Sammi

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 am

Éclair Kakihara

Eclair rushed to the door, turned the knob and gently swung the door open. "Its alright, I wouldn't mind you escorting me. Well, I kind of need to be escorted there. This 'house' is like a maze, you know." She tittered as she gently closed the door behind her, beginning the walk to the dining hall.

Once they had made their way to the dining hall, they were immediately seated at a fancy white cloth table that stretched across the whole room; holding intricate folded red napkins, wine glasses all evenly lined, red cushioned chairs tucked under the table, pristine clear plates, flower vases and a lit chandelier in the middle. If this is what the amazing Ember Island palace looked like, she wondered just what the Palace in Vermilion City would look like.

The scent of lavender hit her tickling senses, easing her panic in a split second. "Amazing.. No word could describe just how beautiful this is." Her head turned to every direction possible, gasping in admiration.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Spoiler:

"I'll have to take you to Imperial palace on day," laughed Morohito, "The Grand Ballroom alone is the size of the guest wing of this palace.  The Dowager house is larger than this palace now that I think about it....we've got the short end of the stick it seems."  Morohito was kidding of course, the palace was large enough, more than large enough for Morohito's liking.  Anything grander and Morohito wouldn't know what to do.  The two hundred servant staff of the Imperial palace and the hundred servant staff of the Dowager House trumped the 50 servant staff of the Regent Lord's Palaces--except for Hideyoro's, his palace was larger than the Dowager House--but they were fine enough.

Morohito smiled at Eclair and the food was brought in by the two footmen, butler and under-butler.  "Tonight My Lord, we have udon noodles in miso, yakitori skewers, shrimp tempura, tamago kake gohan, pork donburi and daikon, Anegawa Style grilled Poke Innards, seafood risotto, duck thigh yuzuke and tempura style sea bream, and to drink, sake," said the butler with a bow before leaving the food on the table.  The Imperial style, much like the Earth Kingdom style, one served themselves, but the butler refused to the leave the room.  He felt it was his duty to clear the table after.  Though, Morohito felt his constant standing there may be stressful for Eclair.  To have someone watching her eat even if it was his job.

Morohito knew it bugged him.  "You may go, Suzuru," waved Morohito, "No arguing, please, that is an order from your Lord."  Suzuru pursed his lips, but bowed and took his leave.  "Kind man, he means well, but sometimes he's TOO devoted," laughed Morohito, "I haven't eaten together with someone in a long time.  I usually take my dinners after my family, late at night after my patrols.  The last time I ate with my family was a family get together two years ago...they used to be so much fun.  Very large though.  How about yourself, were your family close?"  Morohito suddenly realized it might be a personal or sensitive topic and went to change it, but he held back.  He had said it, and he could not remove his words.  Besides if he did he was going to trip over his words again.

Though, Morohito felt he owed Eclair and explanation.  "I'm sorry if it's a personal topic, I'm aware we just met and it could be touchy--I'm not sure how others feel towards their family," he explained solemnly, "I just...I was trying to make conversation, that is all."  Morohito left it that, and began to dig into his food.  He had started with the yakitori, one of his favourites, though he was looking forward to the grilled pig innards; he had only had those on rare occasions, but they were delicious.
Back to top Go down
Sammi
Advanced Beginner
Advanced Beginner
Sammi

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Éclair Kakihara

"The imperial palace is probably five times bigger than this." Eclair giggled, eyes squinted lightly as she laughed. She pondered over the large range of food that she could choose from, finger tapping against her chin in deep thought. She hadn't eaten for a whole day, her stomach was rumbling like a raging dragon. Fork stabbed into a neatly cut piece of cooked salmon. Taste buds bursting in such great flavour and taste of the fish.

"The seafood risotto is beautiful." Eclair noted after finishing her bite. She began digging away as properly and lady-like as she could. Eclair was glad that Morohito had kindly asked the butler to leave, she surely didn't want the man to be standing there the whole time.

"You read my mind well, Morohito," She thanked him gladly, "I too haven't eaten with family for a while. Unlike you, I had a very small family; I'm the only child. When I was young, I was rather very quiet and hardly ever talked with anyone except my parents. Even though we were a little poor and hardly had much food to eat at night; we'd always keep on trying our hardest," She explained, smiling as she did so.

"No, no. It's alright, I don't mind at all. So, tell me about yourself. Your past, ambitions, like and dislikes? I want to know everything." Her head slanted to the right with a curious glance, a brow arched upwards.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 12:32 am

Spoiler:

Morohito listened intently as Eclair spoke, quietly chewing on the Anegawa grilled pork innards and sipping his sake as he did. He had learned about her past, her family and a bit about her as he listened. She was a single child from a modest family that, despite the hardships they had, always managed to pull through and eat together as a family. It showed dedication from her parents, and no doubt instilled a sense of dedication and importance of family in her own mind as well. Something Morohito was partial too, and admired in others. It was something he had had himself.

After placing some more pig innards on his plate, then following it with a bowl of pork donburi, some daikon, some tempura sea bream and a few more yakitori. Morohito may have been well cut, and of a fairly muscular build, but he ate more than some of the heaviest people in the Imperial court. Everyone in his family always joked that it was because of his size. Being 6'5" meant he needed more food; so everyone said. Though Morohito had always been short up until a few years ago, and had been a big eater since childhood. Never once had he been overweight. But Morohito pushed those thoughts from his mind for now and focused on his past.

"That's quite a bit...but I suppose we have the time, huh?" chuckled Morohito nervously, though he mulled over his past in its entirety as he thought deeply. "Well, I suppose I should start with the beginning," he noted, wiping his mouth gently with a napkin after taking another sip of sake, "I was born here, on Ember Island in this palace. My mother and father were Regent Lord and Lady of this island prior to uncle Owlan becoming Spirit King. I had an older brother, Hiruko. In our youth the two of us were close. Always getting into trouble together, and sparring together in weapons training--I'm not a Fire bender you see. I'm the only non-bender in Ezofuji history it would seem."

"Well, life was great as children. We weren't hit as bad by the war as other families. We were royalty after all, royalty never take a hit when calamities befall their nation. At least...not financially. Our money is the state's money, and so there always seems to be money," laughed Morohito at the thought, realizing it made his family sound...almost untouchable by the hardships in the world, and he supposed they were until he reached a certain age, and learned better. "My Uncle Owlan was one of the few world leaders to spend the whole fifteen years of the Ullondorian Crusades on the battlefield with his troops, leading them personally. He was the craziest man I ever knew, but he was a brave leader and a good one. No wonder they called him Owlan the Lionheart."

"While he was away, my father stepped in and watched over the homeland, meting out Owlan's rulings and decrees, which he always sent in through mail sent by the Imperial soldiers returning from the war for temporary leave. It was during this time that I spent much time with my family--the most I would ever spend. My uncle Erolass and aunt Naina lived in the palace as well; Erolass moved backed in after the war started to support his formerly estranged family. And so I grew up playing with all of my cousins. Then when I was five, uncle Owlan came back from the war with the Army, Navy and Airship Force in tow, and the other world leaders too. The Imperial army returned late, having conquered Nippon back from Queen Himiko and claiming it as a colony with their Emperor's permission on the way."

"Life was supposed to go back to normal when he came back..." Morohito paused. He needed a moment to collect his thoughts. This was the moment many in his family released their childhoods at too young ages, and many lost themselves in grief for a while. "When Owlan came back...and the other leaders too...they brought with them a sickness from Ullondor. A goodbye present from the defeated and now dead magicians that lived on the destroyed continent. The sickness swept across the Six Nations, killing many. I lost a distant cousin, Lynna Yeina, a descendant of Amaterasu and mother of my cousin Konoe who restarted Amaterasu's line. The entire royal family of the Southern Water Tribe was wiped out...Earth King Onao died too from it, but not till a few years after the pandemic started."

Morohito didn't know why he bothered going off on so many tangents. He did this all the time...even with people who knew the history of his family. It wasn't something he did voluntarily...though he did it all the time. In his thoughts and in his speech. "He was able to retire, lease us a large portion of his land to fix up for his economically weakened kingdom, and spend a few years in retirement fighting off the disease as best he could. King of the Northern Water Tribe Anuk Leihing passed from it as well. But it hit my family hardest, and me hardest....when it took my mother and two aunts from us." Morohito paused again, sipped some sake, paused once more, and returned to finish off the entire cup of alcohol in a second swig.

"I was only 10 years old, but it affected me profoundly, and my brother as well. My cousins Alyssandra, Izanagi, Raijin and Izanami lost their mother, and Owlan his wife. Uncle Erolass lost his mother too, and was left with his only son, Hideyoro. Naina mourned too, but her husband was lost in war, leaving her with his two children, my cousins, Audurna and Aryianna. I lost the girl of my affection as well...a life long friend, Nyla was her name. She was a noble's girl, but we grew up together and were the closest of friends. You know my family will tell you how strong we were at the loss of our own; how we remained stalwart and went on with our lives...but they'll never admit to you how much they hurt on the inside. How a part of us died with the parents we lost...or how long we mourned in private."

"It's not an easy thing to loose a loved one. I'd never wish that pain on another living being...I suppose the only good thing about the death of our loved ones was that they died towards the end of the pandemic ten years ago. If the cost of their lives was what it took to save the lives of millions of others' loved ones...I suppose it wasn't so bad a price." Morohito's wisdom of this topic came from a sense of partial desensitization to it, but also from an inherent and increasingly present duty in his life that he had to the people of the Empire. The lives and needs of the many outweighed the lives and needs of the few.

"Well, anyway, over the years, my cousins and I moved off into our own things. Aryianna and Alyssandra work together as Ambassadors for the Empire now that aunt Naina has retired. Izanagi is currently preparing for his coronation as we speak. Raijin is off travelling the world and learning its secrets. Izanami is work as a delegate for the family and is an active politician in the Imperial court. Konoe is General of the Imperial Army. Hideyoro is Regent Lord of Nippon and is now living over there. Dating a princess of the Earth Kingdom too from what I hear. And my big brother Hiruko...he's off fighting crime and hunting down wrongdoers for the spirits...it's a long story that one. If you ever meet him, I'll let him tell you; he's better at it anyway."

Morohito paused and drank, but this time it was water. Anymore sake and he'd become an alcoholic like his cousin Raijin. He had had enough. Morohito could already feel his cheeks and ears burning. As he drank his water he thought about what was left that Eclair had asked about. "Now...my ambitions, likes and dislikes huh?" he wondered aloud in a rhetorical way, "If you know mine then I want to know yours, and perhaps a bit more of your past, deal?" With a smile, Morohito began. "I'm currently working with the soldiers that defend this island, as you know, trying to help defend it from outsiders who seek to bring crime and harm the people on the inside. I'd love to move up an become a Northern Commissioner in Vermilion City, and run the police force of the whole city--sure I'd have to alternate every month with the Souther Commissioner--but it would give me such a chance to help do good for others."

"Don't get me wrong, I love Ember Island! It will always be my home! But the capital is larger, and there are so many people there that I can help...so I will do my best to help them," smiled Morohito as he thought about his dream, though he soon replaced it with another pensive look as he returned to like and dislikes, slowly and systemically working towards answering Eclair's questions. "My likes and dislikes...simple, helping others, doing good for my people and I dislike crime. Though...I suppose I can add you to my list of likes--" Morohito let out a chuckle, "--Getting to know you is something I've very much enjoyed. I look forward to every chance I get to talk to you. That is rare for me--I don't always take to people so well....that was a lot of talking, wasn't it? I'm so sorry." Morohito frowned, worried that he had talked his guests ear off. That was, after all, bad manners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)    In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Need Of Directions (Éclair, Kouzai)
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next