Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Love is Alight 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Love is Alight I_vote_lcapLove is Alight I_voting_barLove is Alight I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Love is Alight

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Leihsing ran like her life depended on it. In a way, it did.

Her hair whipped behind her, her hat abandoned when she heard about the return of Onao. She wore her usual green dress, but her formal sandals had fallen off when she started running. She hoped she remembered to put them back inside, but she could hardly remember. Her basic thought process was Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot, and so on. At her side, she also carried a satchel with two particular objects inside.

She reached the gates of the palace before long. The guards at the gate raised their swords, but Leihsing hardly slowed down.

"I'm Leihsing Sho! I'm here to see the Earth King." She sputtered, grinding to a sudden halt when they stepped in her way.

"Leihsing Sho?" One of the guards asked.

"Yes. Here, I have identification." She pulled out her ID from her pocket. The guards stared at it for a second, then back at a very panicked and slightly insane Leihsing, then back at the ID.

"Trust me. You don't want to cross me today," she growled, folding her arms in front of her chest. Doing a quick scan of the woman to check for weapons, they returned the card and let her through. She rushed up the palace steps, which were very long and difficult to ascend. By the time she made it to the throne room, she was completely breathless.

However, the second she saw Onao on his throne, she was filled with renewed energy. She choked back tears and rushed up to the throne, opening her arms to hug the king tightly.

"I missed you," she whispered, almost inaudibly.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Onao sat on his throne speaking to one of his most trusted generals. He had just returned from the attack on the summit and even though he was still shaken from the attack and feared another, he had to act fast. Onao planned to attack the New World soon and he was telling his general to prepare the ships and the soldiers. Onao feared for the worst and it has come in the form of flying monsters and magic. He felt his skin crawl just from thinking about the attack. He shut his eyes and pictured himself falling through the sky going through his life and rating his work. He has come to the realization that he has not done anything for the kingdom.

"My lord?" the general asked trying to get Onao to come back to reality. He quickly opened his eyes and stammered, "Yes I am sorry Liu. Yes prepare the ships and the troops. Post my proclamation to the Nation. I plan to attack the New World soon." The man nodded and sharply faced the Throne Room door as if someone was going to be busting through it and someone did. Onao jumped up as soon as he saw her face and quickly told Liu to stop. Onao motioned the general to leave and he quickly did.

Onao was going to run and meet her in the middle of the Throne Room, but she was already at the throne giving him a big hug. As he was hugging Leihsing he motioned to the guards to leave and with a bow they listened. "And I you," the Earth King said still hugging her. He was so glad to be back in her arms. He sighed and let go looking her up and down. She looked like well a mess, but he would never tell her that. Onao looked around and remembered he told the servants and guards to leave. He said, "sit," and offered her his throne. She looked like she was going to pass out and needed to rest.

"I take it you heard," Onao said hinting at the events at the summit. He gave her a weak smile and answered, "No matter what you heard I am safe." Onao was glad he made it, but not everyone was able to make it out safe. They lost some good leaders at the summit and he heard that the Elemental Kingdom was no more. Onao has actually decided it his own personal issue to fix. He looked back at Leihsing and smiled again, "You look beautiful, like always."
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 am

Leihsing smiled as she took in his scent, musky and earthy like his kingdom. There were also hints of floral smells from his garden, but he mostly smelled earthy and wonderful. She released him just as he waved his guards away. He wanted time alone? She liked the sound of that.

When he asked if she had heard the news, her heart began pumping wildly again. "Of course I heard! That was so dangerous and scary... I thought I was going to lose you, Onao." Her eyes glistened with fresh tears. She wiped them before they began streaming down her face. "So, what news do you have about these magicians that attacked you? What are you going to do about it?"

When he offered her the throne, she hesitated for a second. Sit on the throne of the Earth King? But he insisted, and no one was around, so she sat down, finally resting her tired legs and tense shoulders. The throne was still warm, and she could smell a faint hint of lavender.

Leihsing blushed at the word "beautiful," just like last time he said it. "I don't look horrible; I look like a wreck. Still, thanks for the compliment. Oh, yes, I almost forgot!" She pulled her satchel around from the side of her body. In it rested two objects, and she pulled one out. It was a simple mask, covered in earthy tones, like tan and orange, but also in gold. It was Onao's mask from the ball! She handed it to him with a shy smile.

"You left it on the bench when you had to leave. I needed to get it back to you."
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm

“You can’t get rid of me that easy,” Onao said with a grin. He did not plan on going anywhere because he had a kingdom to run and someone special to look out for. “Be glad that I made it out alive,” Onao said standing next to his throne looking down at Leihsing, “others were not as lucky as I.” He would have to remember to send flowers to the Dark and Light States Royal Families and probably make plans to visit them and pay his respects. Even though Onao was not too fond of either leaders he would have to visit for the good of the war effort. He sighed and looked back at Leihsing and put his hand on her shoulder. He looked her in the eyes and replied, “We know they are powerful and they took out the Elemental Kingdom.” He sighed and broke the line of sight and continued, “I plan to attack soon.”

Onao slid his hands behind his back and thought about what he was going to say. He trusted Leihsing, but he could not just tell her his plans about the war. “I am not sure when,” Onao explained, “but war will happen.” Onao did not wish for war, but after much discussion with his advisers and even sending letters to the other kingdoms they all decided to attack the New World. Onao smiled when she said she looked like a wreck, “No you don’t.” He said still smiling and then watched as she dug in her satchel and took out the mask. “Thank you!” He said taking the mask and turning it in his hands. “Apparently the mask has been worn by past Earth Kings and is very old. I was actually fused at by an adviser because I lost it.” He looked the mask over and said, “Thank you.” He gave her a smile and scanned the room in search for a servant. He sighed and placed the old mask on a table next to his throne.

Walking back up the steps to his throne he looked at the woman sitting in it. She looked good sitting on a throne and maybe even a crown on her head. A stupid grin formed on his face as he continued to stare at the woman. He sighed and walked up next to her. “What have you been up to?” He asked. Obviously everyone knows what Onao has been up to and that consisted of surviving the attack and then spending time in meetings. He has heard rumors that his people are talking that war will happen no matter what and Onao is sad to admit that will happen.
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 am

Leihsing smiled as Onao's hand rested on her shoulder. She felt a tingling warmth emanating from his hand. Or maybe that was her? It didn't matter, anyway. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "I'm glad you're not going anywhere. I-" She stopped herself, her eyes snapping open. She hadn't known what was going through her head, but she almost said, "I couldn't have gone on without you." If that didn't drive him away, nothing would. Leihsing didn't want to risk it.

"I'm so sorry about those other leaders. I heard the news about the Dark and Light Nation leaders." Her gaze drifted to the floor. There go two more people who were loved by many people. Just like her parents. She wiped away a tear before it could slide down her cheek.

She handed off the mask, her smile returning as she saw his own. "I'm glad you've got it back. If it was so old and precious to you, it's a good thing you didn't lose it!" She laughed happily and, seeing his goofy grin, she laughed again. "What's wrong? Cat-spider got your tongue?" Maybe it was still the raging hormones and emotional drama that she was going through, but her emotions were prone to change as quickly as they just did: romantic to sad to goofily happy.

"Oh, me? I haven't been doing much. Just a little...R&R, I suppose." What she had really been doing was quitting a secret rebellion that the king couldn't know about. She had decided that the king deserved her attention. It wasn't his fault, what happened to her father. She quieted down to listen to the king, not wanting to divulge any more.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Onao smiled when she said that. He knew he meant a lot to her, but he did not know he meant that much. “I found myself think about everything I have done wrong,” Onao said talking about facing death, “then I remembered I had you waiting for me back home and I knew I was going to make it.” Even though Onao feared the worse and he had a feeling that it could be the end he owed it to his nation and to Leihsing to make it out of there alive. With the help of an old friend Onao was able to survive and he owed that old friend so much. “You have Dara,” Onao said talking about the knowledge spirit. “If he did not show up I would have died. He saved my life and for that I am very grateful.” Onao would have to send some sort of gift to the spirit, but it will have to be a great gift. Then it hit him. Onao could give the spirit Fa’s journal on the New World.

“And the Elemental King,” Onao added feeling sorry for him the most. The Dark and Light States are still around, but he has been given news that the Elemental Kingdom has been destroyed without warning. He feared for the worse and that there were little survivors, but he will still send aid. “We will have to be going for the services,” Onao said to Leishing. “I am not sure when they are, but they should be soon.” He will need to order new robes to be made for himself and then bring some sort of gift and flowers to the families. A burial service was never a good time to meet one’s fellow leaders.

He laughed and said, “For a while I thought I did. I was not sure why I wore the old thing anyway.” He shrugged at the matter of the mask and looked at Leishing. He stiffened up when she pointed out if something was wrong and he replied with, “Oh no,” he stammered, “I am just thinking is all.” Onao was picturing how she would be as queen and even if she would accept to the marriage. He knew his advisers would prefer him to marry someone of nobler ranking and they had even made deals with foreign nations. Nobles flocked to his Throne Room daily showing Onao their beautiful daughters, but Onao always ends up casting them aside. He would not marry someone just to marry them, he had to love the person.

Onao nodded at her usual answer. Sometimes he wondered what she did, but it was not his place to ask her questions about her daily life. There was a knock at the door and then he quickly turned and saw it opening. He pulled Leihsing off the throne and said, “Sorry. They just can’t see you on the throne.” If it was an adviser they would be very unhappy and a servant would end up telling everyone that the king let some woman sit on the throne. It would end up hurting Onao’s reputation and he could not afford that in wartime. A servant walked in and bowed, “My king,” he turned to Leihsing and bowed to her, “and his guest. Lunch is ready my king.” The king nodded and grabbed Leihsing hand and started to walk down the steps, “Come you must be hungry.”
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Leihsing smiled when he mentioned her in his speech. "Yes, I would have missed you if you hadn't come back." She took his hand in her own as she talked. "I'll have to go and see Dara. I hope she's alright, at least. I owe her a sacred offering. What do you think she would like?" She imagined that a book of some importance would make the spirit happy, but she wanted to give something memorable. She just couldn't decide what it could be...

She laughed as he stammered about thinking about something. She was always good at reading expressions, and his was very clear: he loved her very much, despite how little time they had spent together. Could it even be...marriage in his head? She shook her head slightly. That would be crazy. She had no ties to any royalty; a king's duty was to marry some big fancy-pants nobility. That was, plainly, not her, but she still smiled.

She quickly jumped out of the chair and let go of the king's hand as the door opened. The servant looked at her somewhat strangely, so she tried to compose herself and flatten her hair, which was still filled with sand and puffed out in odd spots. She managed to contain it a little as the servant invited them to lunch. Her eyes widened, but Onao just held out his hand to invite her. She could see in his eyes that he was enjoying this, but she gave him a playful glare. "Alright. I am rather hungry, Onao. I hope you have something decent here. I've been to far too many rich people dinners in which the meal is about as big as my thumb!" She took his hand and stepped down, ready to indulge in some good food.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Onao chuckled and said, “Well he would like it if you sent him a gift.” He laughed as she continued to call the spirit a girl. “Dara is a male,” Onao said laughing, “or at least I think so. I guess spirits can have a gender. Well I am sure he is a male. I would suggest sending him something with knowledge. Like a book or something that he can add to his library.” Dara was the Knowedge Spirit and would be happy if someone gave him any type of book even if it was a boring manual to work some random item. As he walked down the steps and down the large throne room he said laughing, “Don’t worry you won’t go hungry. I eat like a king and so will you.” He ate like a king was well because he was one, but he did find it funny.

A servant led the king and his guest down a hall and into a large room filled with Earth Kingdom decorations. This was where the Earth King, and his family if he had one, would have their meals and sometimes entertain very important guests like other kings to meals. Sadly Onao usually ate alone so having someone like Leihsing here always brought joy to Onao. The servant pulled out a seat for the king and his guest, bowed, and quickly ran off to help bring out the food. “I am sure you will enjoy it,” Onao said and as soon as he spoke servants brought out platters holding fruits, and steamed vegetables, on a large platter was a nice cooked chicken and as soon as the smell hit Onao he felt his mouth water. A servant cut the chicken and put some on Onao’s plate. Then more put food on his plate and filled a cup with some mango colored liquid and left the king to eat.

Onao ate the food the way he was taught and looked at Leihsing with a smile. “What do you think?” Onao asked after taking a large gulp of his drink. “Do you think it is small?” He asked smiling, “I could have them bring out more food. The kitchens are always making food. So much I have no idea what to do with. I tell them they are only feeding one man, but they don’t listen to me.” He swirled the drink in his cup and sighed, “If only there was someone out there who I could enjoy all this with.” He took a final sip and as soon as he set the cup down a servant was there to fill it up. He thanked the servant and went back to eating his food.
Back to top Go down
Leihsing Sho
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Leihsing Sho

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Leihsing covered her mouth and blushed when Onao said that Dara was a male. "Oh. Oops, sorry. Don't mention that I said that, please!" She chuckled a little, then let her favorite fella lead her to the table. "Good, because I am very hungry! It's quite a long run to your throne room." She pulled up a seat and watched the food come in. Turtle-geese on fancy silver plates, fish that still steamed and were alight with spices, and many more fine cuisines came from the kitchen. She wanted to thank the servants, but they rushed by far too quickly, as if they were skittery little cockroaches. That thought nearly made Leihsing lose her appetite.

Nearly.

She quickly inhaled some steaming fish, downing a delicious cup of ice-cold water in between mouthfuls. She smiled at the king after her plate was cleaned. "You definitely do eat like a king. It must be a shame to eat these meals without someone to talk to." She looked around the table for something else to drink. "I'm sorry, but do you happen to have any papaya juice? It's one of my favorites."

When the king mentioned how much food was made, Leihsing was struck with an idea. "What if you had a food drive? The Lower Ring would surely appreciate the food and drink. Not having to beg and steal for food is something that many lower ring children don't get to appreciate." She remembered her teenage years in the run-down areas of Ba Sing Se and shivered. Her hand flew to her cheek, where a rough scar still lingered. She grimaced with the fresh emotional pain of the encounter with the pick-pocketer.

When Onao wished for someone to share the food with, Leihsing blushed. "Well, I'd scarf down a mountain of this food!" She laughed. She picked up a Leechi nut from a nearby bowl and chomped down on it. "Mmmm," she muttered, savoring the juicy taste.

Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Onao laughed, "That I do." He looked at all his food and sometimes he thought it was just to much for one man to eat, but at least he had a guest here so the food wont go to waste. Onao also let the servants have whatever he did not finish or even get to eat, they liked that. Onao did not need that much to feel full so usually there was a lot of food left and they would just go wild and for once they could eat like kings. Onao looked around and a servant quickly ran to him. "Some papaya juice for my guest," Onao said in a kind voice and the man quickly ran off to get it. In a matter of seconds the servant came back and filled Leihsing's cup to the brim. Onao took a sip of his drink and smiled. "They are very quick," he said.

Onao listened to what she had to say. He nodded slowly and said, "That is not a bad idea." He nodded again and repeated, "Actually you know? That is a great idea. So many Earth King before me have tried to clean up the Lower Ring, but I guess they never thought about that. There is a lack of food and the people need the food. I will have to stop having these large meals, but I will survive. I am not sure how the other nobles will like it though, but in the end they have to listen to me. I am their king." Onao liked his nobles, but sometimes they got on his nerves. He was born and raised in a poor town and then forced to become a king. It was a huge step and every now and then the poor boy in him came out.

Onao laughed and figured she did not get the hint. Then he heard someone run up behind him holding out a tray. Figuring it was food he said for the servant to put it on the table, but was shocked to hear it was a letter with the Vermilion Emperor seal. Onao quickly grabbed the letter and opened it. His eyes went wide and a smile followed, "Apparently the Vermilion Emperor is going to be married and this is the invitation." Onao laughed took a sip of his drink and put the invite on the table. "It also said I could bring a guest," he looked at Leihsing and asked, "Would you like to accompany me to the wedding?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love is Alight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love is Alight   Love is Alight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love is Alight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next