Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapJust a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_voting_barJust a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapJust a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_voting_barJust a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Just a few general site suggestions.

Go down 
+3
Laurent
drakendottir
`Jia
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few general site suggestions.   Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Suggestion #1
    For your section about the names, this is something to definitely keep in mind. We cannot simply abandon canon rules even if it has been several centuries since then. Culture is hard to break, and this applies to naming as well.

I've stuck to typically Japanese-esque names, save for the denizens of the Northern Water Tribe simply because I recognized the origins of the names to Inuit/Eskimo-like. I had little experience with the actual makeup of the naming, but I thought Tekara (somewhat of a play of Katara), Kiari, Jakota and Anuk(tiluk) were close enough. An unconscious part of me vowed to stick as close to canon as possible. Although I have names such as Cassian, Castiel and Roman currently, it is explicitly stated in their profiles that their names were unusual and that mother found the names in some odd, foreign novel she was reading. Kihana's name is Japanese, but the person she was named after was from the Fire Nation.

Thank you so much for providing a list of the origins and where to go to get help for the characters. I'll be sure to use it from now on.

Suggestion #2
    I like to think of my characters as my own children. Someone I'd have a very strong, close connection with in real life. In turn, this helps me flesh out a lot of their characteristics. When you imagine someone as if they were real, you naturally wonder about their history, their personality, quirks, likes, dislikes and overall relationship with others. Since I view my characters are my children, I have a connection with them that makes me not allow them to die out. I want to RP with them as much as I could, as if I'm trying to bond with them. Hell, I've even grown to dislike some of my characters, like they were real. *cough*Tsuakaia*cough*

Oh please don't get me started, guhh! Mary Sues bad enough in Fanfiction, and at least then you have a choice whether you want to read the damn thing or not. Roleplaying with a Mary Sue/Gary Stu is painful. Nothing can hurt them. Nothing can humiliate them. And there is no way in hell anything could ever defeat them. If something does manage to triumph over them, it's done by their own NPC to illicit sympathy points and everyone is supposed to help them despite them being so powerful. I've even been in situations where my own character was mocked because he/she did have weaknesses and so therefore was seen to be extremely inferior to the Sue/Stu. Got her ass handed to her.Of course, I'm relatively mild when it comes to such things. but constant exposure to a Sue or a Stu, especially the last one, is extremely aggravating and will not be tolerated now that I am a full-fledged Admin.

Suggestion #3
    I'd made my own site temporarily, and I believe the themes for Forumotion are pretty much set in stone. In particular, this theme is unchangeable as far as colors go unless you're some computer wiz. XD But I'll look into that; it would be nice. I can spruce up the little Widjets, too. (Took me forever to find out what a Widjet was, btw. What a silly word!) I can experiment a little with gifs, to make the site pop! Although I'm quite used to the way it is now. Its simple design was what made me choose it.

Yes, the announcements are extremely cluttered. It's bad enough that they chase you in every location you go to. I don't really pay too much attention to them considering I learn most of my information by word-of-mouth and I've been one the site long enough to know exactly when to stop scrolling. XD

Let me also add that the Nation's descriptions, particularly the Fire Nation and the Dark Nation's, are way too long. I understand that a hard work has gone into writing and making it, but I doubt many users, especially new ones, will actually sit through and read all of it. Those that are worried the information is imperative will just move on with their lives. I don't know how many times I've said it, but the long descriptions should just be moved onto a separate topic or abridged entirely. I've been guilty of a similar thing, I've made some of my posts overly detailed and extremely long, so I know how easy it is to get carried away. But short and simple will do for the Nation descriptions. No one wants to scroll fifty pages down just to reach 'General Chat'.

Thanks so much! ^__^ We need more users like you, Jia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Just a few general site suggestions.   Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 pm

As the original owner and founder of this site, I'm finally replying to this topic, mainly to the original post. I agree you have very valid suggestions, but I also have some of my own.

1. Character Names.

Character names are not up to me, or to you to judge or change. People will name their characters what they want, no one can tell them what to name them. I don't care what people name their characters, because frankly, its their choice, while I don't mind people who stick to the chronology, I also don't penalize and force people to rename their characters. Just like with this site, people are allowed to take creative freedoms, and I'm fine with it.

Furthermore telling people how they want their character to look is the same, you can't tell them how to look, why? Because it's their character, and they have their own idea of their character. Their character is their way of expressing themselves, and being creative, if you halt their creativity it's not good. So you can't tell them how to have a character look either.

2. Profile Requirements.

This, is something I have concerns with. While Mary Sues and Gary Stu's do happen, they do not happen here, if they are made they are ALWAYS, ALWAYS addressed by a member of this staff. I don't mean to brag but I have the best staff on any site, they've always done a good job by me, and they all have many years of experience. They're good at making characters, and have good judgement when it comes to other peoples characters. Character Creation rules are very clear and very to the book, and I will not pass a character unless they meet all the criteria of a character. And we NEVER just disapprove a character, we always give reasons. You can check any and all of our character apps. And when we approve something, we approve it because we know there is nothing to change. I know people can't always come with experience, and I know they'll always get better once they have experience.

3. Design

The design of this site is simple, and not over complicated, and many people like it that way. I like the colour scheme, and I'm not one for fancy frilly stuff. Personally, it hurts my eyes, and I like the colour scheme and design be something that people wanna look at a lot, cuz they'll probably be on here a lot once they join. If it's something bright and flashy, they're gonna get a headache and get pissed off pretty fast, especially if the background twinkles once a minute. This is fine, and perfect the way it is and no one has had complain about it so far so we'll keep it this way.

As for the descriptions, we've already changed those. Same with the announcements.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Just a few general site suggestions.   Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Yaaaay! ;D Lol.

Creativity is a good thing. That's a nice way of explaining it.

Right about the Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Part of the fields that aren't mandatory in the character app is "Personal Weaknesses". There are restrictions on things characters can do, and we don't allow royalty and nobility all willy-nilly, but we don't make it impossible for younger, non-Admin users to enjoy the titles as well. If a character is unapproved, the disapproval comes with a list of things they need to fix

- Kura's Out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a few general site suggestions.   Just a few general site suggestions. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a few general site suggestions.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2