Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Dex, complete 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Dex, complete I_vote_lcapDex, complete I_voting_barDex, complete I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Dex, complete

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dex
Novice
Novice
Dex

Dex, complete Empty
PostSubject: Dex, complete   Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Dex
    Birthplace: Omashu
    Current Residence: Dex currently resides in Omashu
    Element: Earth, Sand, Water
    Pets: Gorilla Goat named Sully

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: April 30th
    Blood type: AB
    Hobbies: Dex usually enjoys a cup of jasmine tea while playing a game of Pai Sho. He passes time bending and training with his gorilla goat Sully.
    Quirks: Dex has the rare ability of “seismic sense”, an ability thought to be myth.
    Character Theme:

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: Dex has long wavy pale brown hair that extends to his mid-back.
    Eyes: He has small hazel soulful eyes that seem to tell a story with every glance.
    Height: 5’11
    Clothes: He sports a tan outfit, that entails a tan scarf, pant, knee length shirt, robe, and gloves, with brown sandals. All held together with a brown belt and bag that contains his most precious belongings and treats for Sully
    Skin: Dex has a smooth skin despite the norm for earth benders, his skin however is very tough and scar less.
    Body Type: Beneath his heavy attire he is quite muscular and isn’t to be taken lightly…he’s the old guy that you think is weak until he removes his robes.
    Image: Dex, complete Dex

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality: Dex’s ideals and personality changed drastically after he was forced kill his wife. He became cold, indifferent, cruel, cynical, somewhat arrogant, and devoted his life to assassination bandits and other criminals to atone for what he did. He then had another behavior change after meeting with the spirit of his deceased lover, who helped him come to terms with everything in his past. He then became very laid back and fun loving, and fond of people.
    Personal Strengths: Skilled tactician and strategist, Ambitious, Fearless, Confident, Enhanced durability and strength
    Personal Weaknesses: Impatient, Reckless, Overzealous, Too laid back, Often tardy arriving at just the right moment, Lacks stealth
    Personal Hero: The legendary Earth King of Omashu, Bumi
    Dreams and Ambitions: Dex’s ambitions and dreams are usually thought up as he goes along with everyday life, he achieved his one true dream many years ago which was to meet with the wisest dragon for knowledge, although his initial goal in that event was to slay the dragon.
    Likes: Pai Sho, creatures of the wild, Eating, Relaxing, Drinking Tea, Missions every now and again

Dislikes: Loud mouthed children, Ignorant adults, Disruption from relaxation time, Apples

Brief History: Born to a council man and woman for Omashu , Dex was treated as royalty and as such had nearly everything handed to him, however he never wanted the material things in life always finding comfort in the simple things, he loved nature and being surrounded by it, it was age 7 when he began to plead for the chance to go to bending academy after showing the natural talent that was inherited from his mother, whim kept hers dormant for marital purposes. Dex had advanced much faster than the other children as he had possessed the rare ability of seismic sense which he kept secret. By age 14 Dex was nearly a master and had wanted to expand his skills and put them to better use, despite the many protests of his parents Dex did what he wanted, he ran away from home determined to find himself and become the greatest earth bender of all time. Along his journey he met many people and created lasting bonds, he joined a gang of rebel of thieves when he was 15 and quickly became the leader by popular demand, he was more tactful, strategic, and cunning, his influence led them to becoming a rebel gang of good samaritans. Upon his 16th birthday, Dex had left the gang, he traveled alone to the desert in search of a great sand bending master and to find earth bending scrolls of ancient earth bending masters. Due to the harsh desert winds and shifty climate, Dex had grown weary of his journey, he mustered up the last of his energy and focus long enough to solidify the sand so he could his seismic sense to find the closest piece of civilization, to his surprise it wasn't far off, this gave Dex a spark of energy and excitement as he made his way to his sand brethren. The villagers welcomed the weary traveler with food and fresh water, and a place to sleep as he collapsed just outside of their territory upon his arrival. Soon after he awoke, he asked to be trained in the art of sand bending. It was hard at first, but he came up with a tactic that in turn, strengthened his bending. He started with one grain of sand at first, manipulating this single peace of earth easily, then gradually increased the flow of sand, and although he could bend it, he lacked the fluidity that came with sand bending and was ken to water bending. After residing in the village until he was 18, he journeyed to the southern water tribe so he could study the water bending techniques and apply them to his own bending.Dex stayed here for years working as a fisherman by day , and teaching kids ages 8-15 how to hunt and fish in his spare time. By the time he was 22, he had created a positive name for himself in the water tribe, and caught the attention of a beautiful girl by the name of Saya, she was the prize of the Southern water tribe for her beauty and spirit bending proficiency. Saya admired Dex's patience with the children and his kind nature and the two of them had fallen in love as time went by. Shortly after confessing their love to each other Dex had proposed to her, and as a wedding gift to Dex, Saya contacted many beings of the spirit world in order to find one who could get into contact with King Bumi, Dex's personal hero. Unfortunately for Saya the first spirit who took her request was a malevolent spirit with ill intent, it had hoped to posses her and wreak havoc on the world. Just as she summoned it, it betrayed her and began taking control her of her and the power she wielded, slowly manipulating her to do its biding. Upon Dex's arrival from work, she was there standing in front of a mirror, her face pale and black veins sprawled across all her visible skin. She turned to him, black soulless eyes where innocence once d'welled, had gone and faded. Dex stood before her weak and speechless, he had not seen anything like this, only heard of rare occasions where the bender lost control and then lost themselves. He stood stiffly in the doorway as she walked towards him, instantly flashing back to herself and embracing him, a single tear trickling down her face, and just as she reached around a knife pierced his chest, and as the blood poured out of him, neighbors gathered around once they say the blood stain the icy floors of their land. They stood in awe as they saw the black veins engulf her and Dex lie stiffly on the floor, he grew pale, to benders rushed in to attack but the spirit had summoned its pets to scare them, flinging around them on bender had managed to get to Dex and sustain his wound just as he ran out, she placed a barrier of water around them. Dex slowly fading in and out of consciousness noticed an opening in the barrier, he used the last bit of strength in him to form the bits of heated coal into shards to thrust at his lover before she could see the opening, and to everyone's surprise he had succeeded. Waking up from a coma 3 days later Dex felt different he felt stronger, rejuvenated, more powerful than before. When he was able to move around and released from the healers care, he made his way to one of his favorite places, the only place where there was actual earth to bend. Standing at the edge of the dock near the water he began lifting rocks, creating and destroying, and then finally an old trick he learned back in the desert that allows him to crumble rock into sand, and as the sand began forming, he began lifting and levitating utilizing some of the water tribe techniques, and to his surprise the water beneath his feet water began to bounce as if something large was dropped into it, he did the technique again, this time adding more focus to the water, there were ripples here and there but nothing special. Fear had gotten the best of him. Was he bending water? This was impossible, he knew it, so he did it again despite the drain of energy. Dex knew that this was rare,he knew that something really bad had to happen for one that isn't the avatar to gain a power such as this, and at once, everything hit him. He remembered the look on her face, the tear that fell down, the pain in his chest, and her fall just as went into the blackness. He had killed her, the love of his life. Despite the events that nearly drained him dry, and robbed him of his love, Dex knew he needed to stay, he wanted to learn to use this power, he wanted revenge and knew he needed power. Dex wanted to tell no one, yet knew it was inevitable if he wanted training, so he came to the chief in secrecy, asking for lessons in the cover of darkness. Burdened with sympathy and respect, the chief agreed to help him learn, training for hours after the sun had set and even more on night of full moons. Feeling accomplished, after 2 more years in the southern water tribe Dex believed he had no reason to be there anymore, no reason he thought to live because being there started to wear down on him, but he was young, naive and powerful. Torn with grief Dex left the southern water tribe and made his way to the fire nation to find the order of assassins so he could join...or persuade them to recruit him. Flying through the ranks, he had nothing to lose, he kept his abilities hidden from everyone, only using his water bending as means of getting training from another water bender in the order, when he turned he was visited in a dream by the spirit of Saya who told him it wasn't his fault and that he had to kill her for everyone's sake, she told him she loved him and to give up revenge before parting ways with him. He awoke with a good kind of sadness that almost made him regret taking all those lives in the past. He had given up his past dream of finding the ancient library because of what his dream had done, he wanted to settle down and find a new dream. Retiring early as a Veteran he crafted a katana before departing back to the earth kingdom. Along his lonely travel he had been attacked by a baby gorilla goat, easily taming it he decided to keep it as a pet/ companion. Dex reached Omashu to reunite with his mother and father, only to find out that his father had died a few years earlier from old age, and his mother lived in the palace he decided to stat with her, replacing his father as a councilman, during this time, he went he fought in Firelord Owlan's war despite being an important village councilman, he couldn't send innocent men and women out to fight alone an he sit back and watch he fought long an hard helping peace reign throughout the nations. Many years had gone by and out of respect for Dex's courage and military prowess he was chosen to be King of Omashu, gladly demonstrating his ability to lead, as well as strengthening his military and citizens, now he spends his days waiting, enjoying the peace, his friends, his gorilla goat Sully and his Kingdom.

Last edited by Dex on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Dex, complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dex, complete   Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 pm

I love him! There are a few problems here and there, but those can be fixed.

First problem. To have a second bending the character must go through a tramatic event and they can't just learn it that easily like Dex did. Maybe he could have moved to the Tribe and decided to teach the students something else like some random subject, then he found the love of his life and from there all that stuff happened and with him killing her he gained the ability to bend water.

Second, I am not to sure what skill he gained from killing his wife. Could you mention the name of it?

Third, the library under the desert was destroyed completely and there is actually a new one under the control of Dara, a spirit and character of mine.

Other than those three issues I really did love this app and your name will be added as a posibility for the king of Omashu.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Dex, complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dex, complete   Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Hey Dex just going to inform you when you make all those edits I am going to give the throne of Omashu. I love your character. Congrats! Just hope you get on and see this.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Novice
Novice
Dex

Dex, complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dex, complete   Dex, complete I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:28 pm

modified. and thank you : D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dex, complete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dex, complete   Dex, complete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dex, complete
Page 1 of 1