Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Life can never be what we want it to be... 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_vote_lcapLife can never be what we want it to be... I_voting_barLife can never be what we want it to be... I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Life can never be what we want it to be... I_vote_lcapLife can never be what we want it to be... I_voting_barLife can never be what we want it to be... I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Life can never be what we want it to be...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Elite Novice

Life can never be what we want it to be... Empty
PostSubject: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:06 pm

The day was bright and the sun hot as Petra walked around the Fire Nation Capital. How long has it been since she was in her home nation? The years escaped her memories. Like everything else. She wiped a beat of sweat off her forehead, Petra was just too stubborn to take off her cloak, "Paranoid!" She muttered in her mind. A side from the heat, today was too bad. People were lively, the air was sweet with smells of wondrous foods, and the streets weren't too crowded; for a capital that is. Though as much as the day was lovely, her thoughts were as dark. Being back here...it drudged up bad memories. The day that her father lost his business, the day her mother died....then there was that day. Petra clenched her hands into tight fists. Let the pass go...just let it all go... Petra always told herself that but it never helped, it still burned deep within her thoughts...how could she forget the night she killed her brother...

Outside from her darkened mind, Petra had wandered aimlessly. As usual when she "day-dreamed", Petra had bumped into someone and stumbled back, tripping and falling to the ground. Petra's hand quickly went to her knife so that it wouldn't fall out, hidden behind the cloak. "I am sorry!" she quickly said, getting up as fast as her words, "I really didn't mean to do that, I was just lost in my thoughts is all." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously.
Back to top Go down
http://guardian-wars.forumn.org
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Erolass turned around, and smiled down at the person who bumped into him. From her voice he could tell she was a she, and she didn't seem to mean any harm; not that Erolass would hurt anyone anyway. He rarely bent his element, and carried no weapons. Only a pencil and a sketchpad which he used to sketch drawings, paintings and monuments--the latter of the three which he used for inspiration for his architecture jobs. "Oh, it's quite alright," he said cheerily, as he extended a hand down to the girl to help her up, "I'm afraid it was my fault. I shouldn't be standing in the middle of the road sketching buildings from afar. You see I'm an artist and an architect, and I like to sketch buildings and such to help me get ideas for paintings and buildings I make in the future." Erolass held up his sketch book, it showed the drawing of a tall, cylindrical tower which sat a few hundred feet away at the middle of a market square. It served as a watch tower and a light house. In all his ramblings, Erolass forgot to introduce himself, "Oh! How rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself," he said, "I'm Erolass, Erolass Ezofuji. And you are?"
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Petra tucked some hair behind her ear from beneath the hood of the cloak, her eyes moving over to Erolass's drawing to the building a far as she listened to his rambling. She became so wrapped up in what he was saying that she jumped slightly when he came to a very sudden stop and introduced himself. Then he asked what her name was. Petra smiled, "Oh my name is Karma." She told him, Petra never gave out her real name to anyone, "I'm simply a traveler, is all...a lost traveler at that..." Petra laughed a bit, rubbing the back of her neck as she smiled in a nervous matter.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

"Lost?" asked Erolass concerned, "Well, then this would be a perfect time for me to repay you for being in your way." With a bow Erolass said, "Please, allow me to guide you through this city and offer you room and board for no price at me home," he said, "It's the least I can do really, and I owe you as much." Erolass was always very formal and polite, and being all alone in his large villa estate with no one but the staff and the workers who picked the grapes from the vineyard for wine had made him eager to accept guests whenever possible. Erolass loved company, so much so that he recently had begun to make some additions to his home in order to turn it into a hostel for travellers and merchants. It was large enough to house at least 200 people, and several animals and cargo and what not, so it only made sense. Erolass was just one person, and the staff all had their own homes on his estate that weren't in the villa. It only made sense. "I would be honoured to do it as well," added Erolass intently, hoping he would have company for dinner that night. He was a prince, but he never acted like it, instead he preferred to use his riches and titles to help others, and any money he spent on himself he would earn through his various works and commissions.
Back to top Go down
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Petra's mouth opened a bit, she didn't know what to say since something like this didn't happen often. "I-I don't know what to say..." She said. Petra thought for a moment. She had been traveling around for days with little in the way of any money to pay for food or a room to stay at...maybe this could be like a little break for her. "I mean I wouldn't want to be a bother and really, I should of been looking where I was going...but sure. I'd love to." She told him as Petra gave a small smile. Inside though, Petra asked herself, "Where have i heard his last name again though?" Lately, Petra's memory wasn't exactly..."usable" (so to speak). Sometimes for the life of her, she couldn't remember people, places, or names...this was one of those times.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm

His shift had just ended, and Rozan was on his way into town. He had worked in the fire nation royal guard for over one and a half year now, and it had taught him to always keep an open eye, even in the town squares. He was a slender young man, but with broad shoulders, and now in his civil clothing, a very plain outfit that would allow him to get into some lower town tavern later without making a big entrance. He carried his double broadsword in a sheath on his back and his plain dagger at his side, surveying his surroundings carefully, but not too stern, as he walked on his path. His military short black hair made a striking contrast to the small, but attentive grey eyes, as he passed the barrack main gates and headed out for the capitol, strolling towards the lower town.
But he was a bit tired, after all, he had been on guard duty for six hours without pause and his royal Highness, the Firelord Owlan, had spent those six hours in his study, motionless bent over some book. Which meant for the guards on duty, that they stood in front of that study, for six hours, motionless as well. No water, no food, and pure boredom, as besides the young girl that brought the Firelord his occasional refreshments, nobody had even tried to pass them. The most thrilling thing this afternoon had been when a fly landed on Rozan's nose and he was not sure if he would scratch it, hit the fly, or be strong enough to withstand the temptation and hold perfectly still. He had not been restrained enough, had killed that stupid little insect after only five seconds, getting a disrespectful snort by his fellow guard as encore. Yeah, that had really made his stupid day so far!

He stopped in his trail of thoughts and took the market square in for a moment, one of the things he had learned in training - before you step somewhere new, you take your time and watch it over, take in the whole situation, and then proceed. And you always, always watch out for things, impressions, PEOPLE you might have seen once before.
This was why he spottet the strange man right away, as soon as he saw the slim figure that was drawing something in his pocket book. Like the eye of the storm, he was standing almost motionless in the middle of chaos, completely lost in his concentration, too focused to take anything else in. although they were on an open townsquare, on a market day, and dozens of people were squirming about, streaming in and out, shoving and pushing and hurrying in a muddle.
Rozan could not help it, the man's fascination with a simple watchtower was in turn fascinating for him, it for sure awakened his curiosity.

Rozan, the youngest male member of the House of Shang, had just, angry at himself for standing and staring like this, decided to call it a day and vanish to the lower town in order to spend the night in the arms of some girl - that he soon would meet, undoubtedly - as it happened.
A small, slim figure ran into the painter, and the man stumbled backwards, while the figure bounced back herself and was thrown to the ground. None of the people around them seemed to care, some of them trampled dangerously close to the fallen, stubborn on their way like some mules or sheep. Rozan was not really worried, but carefull, as he pushed through the crowd and cut his way to the two casualties.
"Is everything alright?" He asked hastily, but then he realized they had already gotten up again and started a conversation which he had just interrupted - and quite rudely, too.
"I am sorry, I just saw you crash into each other - I did not want to disrupt you," he added with an awkward little smile, and wanted to pull back with a slight bow of his head - then he froze, blinking. He knew that face, and knew it not. It was oddly familiar, that for sure, but how? How did he know that guy? He was pretty sure he had never met him before...
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Erolass smiled at the acceptance of his offer, "Perfect," he said happily, "If you are old enough you shall receive the finest wine. If you not you shall get the finest sparkingly grape juice. I believe are having roast boar tonight, straight from the Earth Kingdom too if I remember correctly. Do you have any items or personal effects such as clothes or luggage you would like to pick up before we leave?" Erolass suddenly became very on edge, he heard someone come up to him, and Erolass recognized his as a member of the Shang family and this particular member was a royal guard for his brother Owlan. 'Goddamit why don't these people just leave me alone?' he thought to himself, 'I swear if Owlan invites me to another dinner I'm going to send him poison in a letter as an answer. At least Naina understands...' Erolass turned to the guard, and politely yet rushedly answer, "No, we're fine," he said, "You can move on soldier. Also, if you go back to the palace, please send this to Princess Naina." He took out a small scroll of parchment and passed it to the man, "It's a sketch that she had commissioned a long time ago, I've been busy and haven't had the time to drop it off. It was one she commissioned of herself." Erolass would hope that the man would read the scroll, see Erolass's signature and realize that he didn't need to watch him like a baby. Unfortunately, life doesn't always go as planned, and Erolass couldn't hope for that kind of luck.
Back to top Go down
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:47 pm

"I am old enough, thanks for asking." Petra said as she raised a brow and smiled. When he asked if she needed to bright anything, she merely shook her head. Petra always carried everything with her in her pack, "I always carry everything with me." She said as she patted her pack. Petra's easy nature suddenly disappeared when a man of military suddenly came up, broad shoulder and short cut black hair. Her eyes widen slightly, it was one thing to meet normal people but anyone of a higher rank...

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying to where I was going. I didn't mean to cause any trouble!" The forms formed faster in her mind then her tongue could work but her words would of been for no use since the man saw no harm was caused. But then suspicion came into view with the scroll, maybe it was the drawing Erolass showed her before? But it looked official even to make her wonder who he was. Who he really was.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 am

Rozan's thoughts were chasing each other, building up chaos inside his tired mind. That man was not only oddly familiar, he knew what Rozan was, or at least, that he was part of the military. He could see through Rozan, yet Rozan could just not recall who HE was...
Also he had yet no idea where he might have seen that face, or a similar face, before.

"No, we're fine," the man said, "You can move on soldier. Also, if you go back to the palace, please send this to Princess Naina." He took out a small scroll of parchment and passed it to Rozan, "It's a sketch that she had commissioned a long time ago, I've been busy and haven't had the time to drop it off. It was one she commissioned of herself."

And then it struck him, as fierce and powerful as real lightning would have. He looks like Prince Eldunar, he looks almost like him, and he knows the princess well enough for her to expect letters and scetches from him...

Rozan took the role of parchment, at the same time bowing before the man - not deeply, because they were in a town square and obviously the prince wanted to remain icognito at least for the open public; just deep enough for his head to get on a lower level than Prince Erolass's.

"Of course, I will deliver it, your royal highness, I did not mean to show any disrespect. Please excuse me for not adressing you in the manner your status asks for, I did not recognize you at first. It won't happen again."
Rozan then stood back up, put his right fist to his heart - the salute of the royal guard to their sovereigns - and said quietly, but loud enough for the prince and his company to understand him without difficulty: "Lieutenant Rozan Shang, from the royal guard, your Highness, currently off duty, it is an honour, your Highness." He had said his last name like any other, so who ever was not familiar with the high nobility, would not even notice that Rozan belonged to it himself. He had rather not mentioned it, but he had the duty to introduce himself with his full name, and that included the identity of his family.

With a frown, he recognized that the prince was without backup or guards of any sort. He knew of course about Erolass and his estrangement towards his own family - something Rozan himself understood overly well, since he himself was almost a stranger to his family, and by choice, too - but that was no reason for him to stroll through town without protection. A bounty hunter might be less ignorant than he, Rozan, had been and take the prince for exactly the thing he was, royal garment or no. My father would never have let him wander around like this, he thought, and neither should I if I have any sense of duty at all.

"I appologize for speaking up, your Highness, but you should not be out here alone, it could be dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Erolass took everything he had not to scream at the kid. "You don't need to protect me, or call me by those titles. I am ESTRANGED from my brothers, remember? I don't speak to them, I live on my own, far away from the goddamned palace because I hate the place." said Erolass firmly, tersely, but not angrily. He added again with a sigh, "I don't want you to accompany me, and I don't need protection. Owlan made a decree that I am not to be protected as is my personal wish." Erolass tucked his sketchbook away in his robes and then turned back to Rozan, "You may join us if you wish," said Erolass, "But if you do so, do so as a friend. NOT as a royal guard. That law prevents you from protecting me despite my titles. Pardon me for my rudeness, but that is my personal wish which I have requested be made law. I am estranged and prefer to NOT live anywhere near the city or the palace for a reason. So, if you join us, you may, but as a friend and not my guard, agreed? I have more than enough room for friends, and more can be made. Tolerance for my family and those associated with them...not so much." Erolass calmed a bit, feeling bad that he acted as sternly as he did to the soldier, but he had to. Most of them obeyed his brothers law to leave Erolass alone, and those who didn't soon learned their lesson. Erolass hated his family, and he wanted nothing to do with them, which is why he chose to distance himself from them. Everyone but Naina.

Erolass hated getting mad, as he usually kept his composure and was always very happy and upbeat, but his family absolutely infuriated him. He was always ignored as a child. Not just by his parents, he didn't care so much about the, they ignored their nation and ALL of their kids. But it was all of the Owlan's siblings and the people working in the palace who ignored him. And all because he was a late bloomer when it came to bending. That's why he lived in his own villa."Now," said Owlan, "Please, follow me Karma. And Rozan, if you promise not to protect me and treat me like I were anyone else, you too. Dinner will be ready within the hour."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life can never be what we want it to be...   Life can never be what we want it to be... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life can never be what we want it to be...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next