Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The new recruit (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

The new recruit (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm

((I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, maybe you noticed that I was gone for a skiing holiday. Morlis has been banned for some reason so it is just the two of us left, but we will have lots of brawling fun, promise Very Happy ))

Lahija

The danger had sobered her up. She was fully aware of the crappy situation she had gotten herself into. That guy was one of those men who did not take no for an answer, not ever, and who would get more dangerous the more they drank. Oh, yes, she could feel the adrenaline pulse through her veins, she was afraid. Dead afraid. But Lahija had never been one to crawl underneath the table when she got frightened. She had always been one of those who meet the danger in an open field, head on, and give it their best shot. And that was what she was doing right now.

She had consented to one drink in pretence, letting her opponent lead her back to the bar. Of course, he had more in his mind than just a drink. And his two muscular companions did not look as if they were eager to help her, on the contrary. They would probably hold her tight while he raped her. No, none of the men in here had either the guts or the morals to help her now.
Stupid, I am so stupid... what am I even doing here?

But no time to worry, no time to THINK. They had reached the bar after some steps, and sat down together. "Come on, sweetling, don't be shy... there is plenty of room over here!" The man patted on his lap, motioning her to sit down there. Lahija pretended she had not understood him fully, staying seated on her barstool. Javid put some drinks in front of them, without even asking what they wanted. Lahija's eyes met his for a short moment and she could tell he was scared through and through, even if he pretended to be completely cool with the three bullies in the tavern. He obviously knew them and they scared the spiritsworld out of him. Thanks to the barkeeper, the bully forgot his request towards Lahija for a moment, being busy to chug his drink and getting it refilled at once.

But just for some seconds. "Hey, girl, don't be shy... get over here!" Again he patted on his lap. Lahija surpressed a choke. She had smelled him when he got close to her earlier, the stench of sweat, alcohol, and definitely dirty clothes, but also something else, some really, really bad, but probably expensive aftershave. The mixture was disgusting, and she was damn sure she wanted to go nowhere near him, actually, she was already closer than she wanted to be.
"Thank you," she informed him cooly, but polite, "I am perfectly comfortable over here."
"Oh, don't be such a puss..." growled the guy and put his hand on her upper arm, grabbing her and trying to pull her over on his lap. Lahija stemmed her legs to the ground, staying seated where she was, and tried to get out of his grab. "Get your hand off me. Now." Her voice had lost all his politeness and was even cooler than before. It was, in fact, icy - a clear warning. Either he stopped touching her or there would be consequences.

"Oooooh, did ye hear that, men? She is a real little shrew, isn't she? But I will tame her in time, no worries." He winked at her, and pulled even harder, getting the young soldier off her chair and into a standing position.
Suddenly, a hand was placed on the bully's shoulder. "You heard the woman, let her go. She does not wish to get intimate, so leave her be."

Lahija's eyes widened for a moment. She had not expected help, especially not from the guy in the expensive clothing. He did not look at her, however, he was staring at the bully. Lahija got the feeling that this was not about her, but about principle.

"Get lost," the bully snarled, without even looking at the man, and shoved the foreign hand from his shoulder without even looking at the intruder. Simultaneously, he tried to pull Lahija down towards him. He should not have done that.

Her dagger was out and directly over his private parts in a breath, he could not even blink as fast as she had drawn. As she stood hovered above his lap, trying to force her way out of his strong grip, the rest of the people in here had probably not even seen the weapon get out. "I said: Get your hand off me. Otherwise I will get something off you, if you understand what I am talking about." Her voice was low, so low, that only the adresse could hear her. But that made the menace only larger. She could see his eyes widen in fear, as he realized she was dead serious about maiming him. Then, he let slowly go off her, but Lahija could see the angry, hatefull look in his eyes only too clear. She was sure that she was not off the hook by far. He wanted revenge for that humiliation. He was absolutely not used to being rejected like that.

But he could not get against her, not at once, and so his anger found another catalyst, as he stood up slowly, turning halfway around and facing the man who had interrupted them.
"Well, well, well," Lahija heard him say, only half loud, but loud enough that all the tavern grew silent and listened to the following conversation with their breath held, "if it isn't my favourite condemned man. All on your own tonight, are you?"

Lahija shivered as she heard the unspoken thread in his tone. He really hated that Rozan guy. And he seemed to be in the mood to kill tonight.

Rozan

He had done it. He had probably saved that girl, although he had no idea what she had said to Curran to make him leave her alone for now. It was her chance to back off and rush out, nevertheless, before Curran got rid of Rozan and had time to remember her and how badly his drunken brain told him he wanted her.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my favourite condemned man. All on your own tonight, are you?" Rozan suppressed the urge to gulp. If Curran had been alone, he would have been sure to be defeated by a royal guard, especially since Curran was drunk like the spiritworld and Rozan was completely sober, his head clear for a fight. But there were three of them. It looked pretty bad, since no sooner than they recognized him, Curran's two accompanists rolled their shoulders and planted themselves in front of him, both of them a few times as wide as a finger taller than he was, and at least as broad. And, as he realized, not half as drunk as Curran was.

"Of course I am on my own. Wouldn't want my friends to get in trouble when I kill you now, would I?" Rozan knew that making them angry was probably not such a good idea, but it seemed his only option - the flight forwards. If he made them angry enough, they might let their guard down and he might be able to live another day. Well, if that was even the plan, he did not have a plan, not yet. The whole idea of getting in here was to start a brawl, and hopefully, get himself only beaten up and not killed. He was about to get his wish. A shame though that he had not had the time to get drunk first.

Curran did not look as if he thought that joke was funny. "You little rat, I'll have my boys rip you apart and feed your guts to the dogs," he promised Rozan and Rozan could truly imagine him meaning that literal.
"That sounds as if you found your balls this morning, Curran. Good for you! Let's get outside for a little... talk," he proposed, "I bet Javid would not want your blood splattered all over his floor."

He did not get an answer on that. Curran's fist landed right in his stomach before he knew it, and he did later not remember how he had gotten on the floor - but based on the space between him and the bar he figured he had flown at least two steps. The pain in his belly was killing him. He should probably have not been brazen like that. Well, too late now. Far too late...
Back to top Go down
WhatPumpkin
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
WhatPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:43 pm

(( Oh, I knew and it's perfectly fine. Hm, I wonder why he was banned. Oh well, I guess. This is going to be an interesting fight. ))

Seeing the large man drag the woman over to the bar and the advances that followed were utterly disgusting to watch. Sure, in her travels, Chun had seen a few other incidents like this, but every time it made her feel sick. She did have to admit though, that woman was holding her own and the coldness of her voice sent chill down Chun's spine. If only she could be as confident, or maybe just as bold as the girl was. She knew it would never happen, but Chun could dream.

The rich man the bartender was speaking with earlier surprised Chun, more than anything because he actually said something to the burly man. Sadly it didn't seem to do much except raise tension in the bar. The most shocking thing of all was the maneuvering of the woman with her knife, which was staring right at his family jewels. That knife came out in the blink of an eye and it seemed the man shared in Chun’s disbelief.

That made him back off of the woman, but that man seemed to be looking for trouble and switched almost immediately to the rich man, who seemed to know him well. It looked like the same idea was in the rich man's head, who was shooting back insults as quickly as Chun's falcon could fly. At this point, she wanted to forget finding a way out of this area and run out of the bar, but it was much too late.

The first punch was thrown and while it threw back the rich man, it also threw Chun into a panic. Unfortunately for her, there were more than just the two men who wanted a fight. Around five others got up and took their sides between Curran and the rich man, starting up a fight. There was a domino-effect after that, until the entire bar was in on it; this included Chun, much to her dismay. ‘Why in the world did there have to be a fight the one time I go into a bar?!’

One man finally noticed her and obviously was too drunk to worry if she was legal or not, attempting to grab her waist. With a loud squeal, she kicked him the stomach before running into yet another man. Thankfully, she supposed, he just believed that she was and man and gave a wild swing. He only clipped her shoulder, but it managed to knock her off balance and onto the floor. Chun quickly crawled to a less crowded area and propped herself up, getting out her staff as well. "I-I s-s-wea-a-ar... Ifff any o-one tou-ch-ch-ches meee..." Is all she could manage to choke out in her fear as she got into the best stance to could muster.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 am

((Gosh, that post is more confusing that I wanted it to be. I hope it is good nevertheless Wink No prob if we mix something up, I think, that is what happens usually in a brawl anyway, aye? Very Happy))

Lahija

"You little rat, I'll have my boys rip you apart and feed your guts to the dogs," the bully promised Rozan and Lahija could truly imagine him meaning that literal.
"That sounds as if you found your balls this morning, Curran. Good for you! Let's get outside for a little... talk," Rozan proposed, "I bet Javid would not want your blood splattered all over his floor."

Lahija's thoughts rattled in her head. She was trying to think so fast that she actually could not understand her own thoughts, making her chaotic mind as blank as a white piece of parchment. The damn scotch, she realized, you fool, you are still half way drunk, that's why you can't think straight...

Rozan did not get an answer on his final offence. Curran's fist landed right in his stomach before Lahija could do anything to stop the violence, the grand, broad-shouldered rich man literally flew two steps back and crashed into the wooden floor of the tavern, the loud, cracking sound gave Lahija a sick feeling in her stomach.

But no time to waste, Curran was already over the man he had just punched, ready to kick him, kicking him in his guts again and again...

"Stop it! Stop it immidiately!" she heard herself shout, but it was too late. Within seconds, the inside of the tavern resembled a witch's cauldron, as five more men got up to muscle in the brawl, inciting all the others to do the exact same thing. Lahija had the impression that it did not really matter to the mercenaries and sailors against whom they were fighting. They were fighting, and some of them were damn good at it, too.

She realized that she had automatically rushed forward, trying to drag Curran away from Rozan's flinching body. The next moment, her tall opponent had repelled her, dashing her against the bar. For a few seconds, Lahija was dizzy.

Rozan

"Stop it! Stop it immidiately!" The kicking stopped for a moment, not for long, but long enough. A**hole, you should know better than to mess with me... Rozan's eyes were all hatred and glowing vengeance, as he rolled backwards onto his shoulder blades, jumping back onto his feet with a fluent, catlike movement, and came down on his feet in a broad, defensive stance. He was back on top.

Curran blinked confused, as he had dashed the woman against the bar and wanted to kick his victim once more, only to find him standing right in front of him, smashing his fist in Curran's face.
But he should not land more than one good blow. Curran was a known brawler, having even more practice at it than Rozan, and he was not alone, by far. Before the guard knew it, someone had shattered a chair in his back, numbing him for a few vital seconds. He fell forth, onto Curran, and they both landed on the floor. Both shook their heads in dizziness, but then they had their minds back, and turned back to their opponent, punching, bleeding, and punching again, being kicked by the people who had not yet fallen to the floor in their brawl, both very eager to give it each other hot.

Lahija

Gasping and staggering, she came around. Rozan and Curran stood opposite each other, but not for long. She wanted to shout a warning, but one of Curran's companions had already smashed a chair in Rozan's back. Then her mind shut off. She was a fighter, a born warrior, and this was on life or death, everyone against everyone.

She never even asked how she had come to be on Rozan's side. Probably, because he was the one who had tried to help her. She fought like a wild cat, scratching, hitting, using elbows and knees as well as fists and feet, hitting her opponents with anything she got into her fingers. Whenever she got hit herself, she flinched away from the blow, and most of the time she managed to avoid being hurt. Still, her lower lip cracked and she could feel the skin on her left shoulder blade tensioning, as if it was hurt from the dashing against the bar.
Rozan and she soon stood back to back, it was almost creepy how they managed to fight as if they had known each other for years. But despite she was well trained and she got the impression that she really did not want to get on her ally's bad side, they fell back and soon had to fortify themselves with their backs to one of the least crowded area, having most of the tavern against them.

Lahija noticed a young girl, she remembered her coming in shortly after Rozan, who stood to her left, fighting her way through the brawl with her staff. The girl obviously knew what she was doing, but she looked desperate nevertheless. It was not quite clear in this chaos how that had happened, but the youngling was on her's and Rozan's side.

Then she saw that one of Curran's men towered over the little one. He was going to hit her hard, that was for sure, and she could not see him coming as he had sneaked up from behind.

Full of anger because of this dishonest behaviour, Lahija saw red. She left her safe stance next to Rozan, ducking through towards the girl. But she would probably come too late, the bully had lifted the mug he was going to crash on the girl's back - he swung it!

"Watch out!" was all Lahija could yell, but that could mean anything, and be adressed to anyone...

Rozan

He was having a perfect time. This was all he had hoped for when he came here, and more. Perfect. And his associate, the woman at his side, fought like a lioness. Like a female tiger. Like... well, like the female version of him. She was swift, agile, deadly, and above all, she was fast. He was pretty sure that she measured up to himself with ease. Lucky for him to have met her.
The tavern was in complete chaos, with furniture flying around, mugs being swung and people at each other's throats for no other reason than this one: It was brawling night! Perfect.

The pain in his head had been numbed even better than he had just gotten wasted. In his rush of adrenaline, he did not feel any pain, no regret, and certainly no fear. Rozan was in his element, and even with most of the tavern against him, he was still having the best time of his life. His hand flew around and broke somebody's jaw, Rozan was not even sure he had seen that man before in his life. Probably he had not.

Perfect. While he ducked under another man's fist, only to kick him in the stomach and topple him over, he grinned. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
WhatPumpkin
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
WhatPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

(( Don't worry, it made sense to me! I hope mine make sense as well. Also, so sorry for the late reply, I've had pratice for a show and lots of homework to finish. What can you do? Laughing ))

This had not been a good day for Chun, from her delayed arrival to the capital, getting completely lost, and finally ending up in this terrible fight, it was just terrible. At this point, she was simply tired of it all and was beating off people in a sort of trance, a mix of fear and anger combined into one blank stare. The only thing that knocked her out of this trance was the voice of the woman she saw earlier. Just after she had shouted, “Watch out!” Chun swung both herself and her staff around, accidently hit the large man who was attempting to harm in the jaw.

She let out a squeak as he readjusted himself and swung at her again, clutching his jaw in pain. This time, she barely managed to duck out of his way, but he did clip her back. It stung as she rose back up, but she knew that she needed to keep moving, or else who knows what could happen! A fast as she could, Chun stepped away from the large man, her staff ready to fight him and anyone else off. He lunged again at her, but the time Chun was able to land a solid hit to his stomach before he could reach her.

Soon, Chun was next to both the woman who had helped her and the rich man from earlier. She choked out “Th-thanks for the warn-ning,” as she swung her staff at another brawler. Of course, she was not nearly as competent of a fighter as the other two were, but the least she could do was lighten each of their shares of fighters a bit. If only the floors were made of dirt or stone, she may have been able to be more of a help to them! It seemed like it was just her and her staff though, but she knew this sort of situation would happen now and again and was able to deal with it.

As more and more men were knocked out or had just simply passed out, Curran must have gotten tired of letting others do his dirty work and made his was up to the three, with two henchmen at his side. ‘Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no. This cannot be happening to me. These guys are huge! How in the world are we going to get through this mess?!’ These were the only thoughts going through Chun’s head as she fought off some of the brawlers who had managed to keep fighting. “D-do you think-k w-we can take th-them-m-m?!” She asked the other two in as much of a distressed voice as ever, indicating Curran looming towards them.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:33 pm

((Oh, nevermind, you were busy, I understand that Very Happy Let's get back to brawling now, shall we? Very Happy))

Rozan

What a night! Rozan was in his element completely, almost more than he had been years back, when he was still firebending. This was what he loved, what he was really good at doing. Breaking jaws, cheekbones, noses, rips, the smell of alcohol, sweat, dust, and the fine, metally sweet odeur of fresh blood - he could not even tell if it was his own. All his pain got numbed by the adrenaline pusling through his veins and making him to the fighting beast he had become, merciless, unhesitatingly, cold-blooded. It was as if he saw everything in slow motion, could sense his opponents' movements before they even thought of them. And his admiration of the woman at his side grew.
She was obviously a skilled fighter, but also quite obviously an unskilled brawler. But she was a quick learner, resourcefull, and had soon started to use anything she got her hands on on their adversaries. She was good, he gave her that. And he wondered where she might have learned what she knew - the almost extreme discipline in her well-aimed, cautious, yet fearless blows told him that she probably had a rather militaric background.

Then he saw something that startled him. A girl. She was young, very young, younger than his little sister Railja in fact, and she had definitely no business being here, in this neighbourhood, at this hour, and even more important, in this tavern. In the middle of a brawl. She can easily get hurt in here!
Rozan cursed between his teeth as he tried to get over to her side in order to shield her from the worst. He could see that she was getting tired fast, she had obviously no practice in brawling, and why should she? She is little more than a child. She is not supposed to be here.

He was so busy trying to blaze his way to her side, that he did not see Curran coming. And thereby he played the bully right into his hands. "Gotcha!" was the last thing he should hear, before something very hard, very heavy met his head with a loud, banging noise.

Lahija

Her arms grew heavier with every minute. She was used to long training hours, used to excessive fighting. But she was not used to this. The men were fighting without rules, without fairness, and everybody against everybody, using whatever they laid their hands on. Some of them developed a creativity she had never imagined in her wildest dreams, using even the silliest objects to hurt one another. All the dodging, the hitting and punching and parrying, really got to her this time.

She tried to shield the young girl at her side as much as possible, but maybe this was a mistake. She had the skill to look out for herself easily, but fighting for two proved to be far more than she was used to handle. It was not something they trained you for.

With all her concentration set on the little one, she did not see Curran approaching before he was halfway through the room and only some steps from them. She could see how Rozan neared Curran, but his aim was clearly elsewhere, he seemed to have lost his orientation or to be distracted by something.

She screamed in terror as she saw what Curran was wielding. It was a massive, grand cobblestone, he must have gotten it from the street. Before anyone could react, it crashed around in a halfcircle, hitting Rozan on the temple with a loud, banging sound, and the tall man just crashed down like a felled tree. Now it was only her and the girl left on their side, and about thirteen to fifteen men on Curran's side. They were going to pay dearly for what they had presumed in this tavern. He was going to rough them up and she had not for one second the dellusion that he might spare them or at least the little one because they were female. Oh, no, that was not what this man was usually up to.

She felt the fear and the power throb inside her. Enough was enough.

"Stop it!" she heard herself shout, as she whiped through the air with a huge firelash. At once, the temperature in this place was rising, only slightly, but constantly. Lahija felt how the scotch in her blood made bending more complicated, more dangerous. She had a lowered inhibition level, and more emotions than she could rein.
But to her own surprise, she had gotten the tavern's full attention at once.

"A firebender, she is a firebender..." she could hear some of the men murmur in panic, and two or three of those that stood near the door sneaked out in a hurry. She hated this. She had not wanted all this attention, she had wanted a quiet evening in the first place, no fights, no complications, and certainly no bending.

What was done, was done. She could not take it back. "This is enough," she heard herself say. "You will calm yourselves and get out of here. Now. Otherwise I will see to it that you feel the consequences of your trespasses and spend the night in jail, sobering up." A sharp glance around told her if everybody had understood. Most of the fighters nodded, but some also seemed to want to fight her despite her bending. Not so stupid of them, not stupid at all. I cannot bend in here as much as I like. The whole place is built of wood. If the fire gets out of control, we could all die in here...

Curran smiled darkly as he stood up straight to face her. "A firebender, huh? Sweetheart, we have a simple rule in here. Everything is allowed - but no bending. You wanna know why?" He opened his fists with a shaking, forceful movement. Two fireballs became visible, flickering, but burning brightly just before his open palms, circling unmovingly in the air just like his threatening question did.
Back to top Go down
WhatPumpkin
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
WhatPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:46 pm

This brawl was getting extremely dangerous not only for herself, but for most anyone in this bar. Punches were swinging everywhere and people were using most anything for a weapon. ‘Is that a shoe?!’ She questioned as one smashed into her arm, it didn’t hurt, but did stun her. Sadly, this meant that one of the two beside her seemed to worry, again. Of course, she would barely be able to defend herself against three people and she knew that, but it just made her feel like a hindrance to the others.

This fact became increasingly clear as the rich man was practically knocked out by a large stone… A large stone! This was exactly what she needed to make this a bit of an easier fight for her. Just as Chun was about to slam her staff into the stone Curran had dropped on the floor, a hot orange blaze stopped her in her tracks. ‘Wait, she’s a bender and she just now bothered to firebend?!’ She was just about to question her after her speech was finished, but decided Curran let out his own little surprise first.

The flames danced around his palms as he stood there with a sadistic grin crawling across his face. If either of those two let loose too much fire, this whole place will go down! She glanced towards the bar with fear and gave the bartender a pleading look, trying to get his to move out of the way, all of the alcohol here is like a time bomb with that fire. She wanted to talk Curran out of picking this fight; it was what she was good at and worth a shot.

Slowly, she lowered her staff to her side, edging it towards the stone as subtly as she could. She took a deep breath and fought back her stutter as best as she could. “Oh, oh no sir… I think th-that we all understand why. Please excuse how this woman ha-has acted. Neither of us are regulars at this bar and she must have panicked.” At this point, droplets of sweat dripped down her face out of pure fear, but her staff had made it onto the stone, which gave her a small feeling of comfort. “C-can you really expect much else from a couple of silly girls? We mean no harm to an-nyone, but it seems that this brawl has gone far enough for us all…” She continued, motioning to the beaten and bloody men across the floor and those still standing. A few of the brawlers even nodded in agreement! “S-so what do you say to us all just calling it a night, hm?”

She figured this wouldn’t do much, but you never know. Some diplomats have gotten themselves out of worse situations, so who was to say that Chun couldn’t? She tried to bring herself to show a friendly smile, but it barely came across her lips. Curran was too frightening for her to really show any sort of kind expression. She prepared herself for the worst he could throw at her, which brought a rare glint of courage to her hazel eyes, because for once she was ready for an actual hit.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 pm

((It's shorter, but there is more action going on and most of all, a discussion. So I thought we might keep them shorter and all get a chance to say what we want to say, ok? Wink ))

Lahija

"You should listen to her, Curran," Lahija advised the man calmly, the menace of her fire still in the air. "You would not want to burn down your favourite tavern now, would you? Why don't we all just call it a night?"

Curran measured them with furled eyebrows. Then he motioned his bullies to pick Rozan, who was still unconscious, off the floor and hold him besides them. Lahija tensed up, she had not wanted to risk this place going up in flames by really bending in here, but she was worried she might have to.
"I'll tell you something, sweetheart," Curran said sardonically, "let's take your boyfriend outside, nice and quiet. We can finish our conversation there, what do you say?" Lahija felt anger rise inside her like a hot, boiling mass of lava. She had never felt this much rage in her life. As she tensed up and the firewhip gained some more heat, she could feel the girl at her side flinch. This is exactly what the little one tried to prevent - us getting off and insulting each other again, possibly getting one of us or even every one in this room killed, she realized. But her honour and her pride, oh, that stupid pride, did not permit her to let that Rozan guy be dragged away and be killed, or maimed, or whatever those pigs were up to. She had fought beside him, that made him a brother in arms, no matter what kind of a rich scumbag he was. While he was unconscious and helpless, he was her responsibility. Damn it, she cursed in her mind, Lahija, how did you get in this stupid fight in the first place? What are you doing here? You could lie in your bed by now, safe and at peace, instead of discussing with some wasted scumbags from the lower town... Why are you even trying to help that stupid idiot? He is the one that got you into this mess. Had he not started a brawl with his constant insults, there would be no near-death-situation right now! It is all his fault! So let him rot somewhere, it is not like someone would miss him! But the mean little voice that was her conscience told her in an icy tone: Oh, yes, somebody would miss him. His family, for once. And YOU would not be able to look at yourself in a mirror ever again if you handed him over to those dirtbags. Her decision had been made, and her voice was cool, but polite, as she said: "I'll tell you something, Curran. You will hand me over that young man and I might forget I ever saw your face. That is a good offer, I would take it, if I were you."
Back to top Go down
WhatPumpkin
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
WhatPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

(( That's fine by me! ))

Was this woman crazy?! All Chun wanted was to calmly resolve this fight and get out of this part of town alive. It wasn't until she looked back to the rich man's limp body that she got past the insult that was hurled at Curran. They needed to make sure he got out alive too, it wasn't right to just let him go after he took their side in that fight. Even she had a sense of honor in a fight, whether she liked to fight or not.

With a resolve to get him back, Chun decided to try and keep Curran calm while still getting the man back. "What I think-k she means is that we would rather keep this guy," She politely told him as she motioned towards the unconscious body in one of the henchmen's arms, "with us. We wouldn't w-want to see him get in any worse condition than he is in now. Perhaps we can come to an agreement for his safe return?"

She seemed to be getting a little more comfortable speaking with Curran, even though he still frightened her with every move he made. His way of speaking to them didn't help her either; it was a dominant tone that put Chun on edge. She wouldn't trust him at all, but she wouldn't let that show, it was for her best interest that he saw no threat in her.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 am

Lahija

"If I may give you an advice, little girl," Curran purred sardonically as he stepped closer to the girl next to Lahija, "keep your breath to cool your porridge. Get the spiritworld out of here before I change my mind. I mean it. Last chance."

Then he turned back to Lahija, whose fire had grown imminently, as soon as he stepped nearer. "I'll tell you something, sweetheart," he lifted his brows invitingly, "you can accompany me to my home tonight and in exchange I might forget your impertinent tone. If you are nice to me, I might even forget about your boyfriend here and leave him in some street or the other. How does that sound, hm?"

The anger inside her rose again, but Lahija took all her strength to pull herself together instead of burning this whole place to the ground. She even managed to get her flaming whip a little bit smaller and thereby less easy to get out of control.
Curran did not know her, that was his big problem. Lahija was one of those girls, who get loud when they get angry, rising their voice higher and higher the more angry they get. But it is not until they get quiet again that they are really pissed. Oh yes, and Lahija, pulling herself together and falling really quiet, was about to explode. Maybe even literally. This calmth was just the silence before the storm.

First mistake, you prick. You just got me angry.
"Little one," Lahija said, her voice was as calm as if they were having a picnic on a pretty summer's day somewhere in the nature, or as if she were talking to a family member in her own home, "be so good and listen to this nice man. I am sure he only bears your best interest in mind." I don't want her to get hurt... please just let her be wise enough to leave now...
I'll pretend to agree on his terms and then jump him and his guys when we're out of here. If I am lucky, he is drunk enough to believe me. If not, well...
Lahija forced herself not to ponder on the if not-part of her plan.

((I'm not kicking you out or something. You can do whatever you like: Get out and sneak after them, start a fight, just stay, or even leave and not come back. It's up to you. Just so you don't think this was an OOC-order or something awfully lame like that Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
WhatPumpkin
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
WhatPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Chun let out a sigh before quietly saying with shifting eyes, “I understand. I’ll leave this to the… adults.” At this point, her pride was hurt quite badly. Sure, they were older than her, but “little one?” ‘I am sixteen years old, not six!’She thought with much annoyance. She has been traveling on her own for months and was perfectly fine, but it wasn’t like she would say that out loud, at least not in her current situation.

She turned to head out in the most dignified way she could, but then remembered the stone at her side. “But before I leave you all, I believe that someone should take care of this little bit of the street you took.” She stated bluntly as she slammed her staff around the rock, forcing it to form into a large hammer head. “Good night all, I’m off to see if someone in this city can give me directions.” With a polite smile she stepped out the door, her now hammer slung over her shoulder.

It wasn’t like she was actually going to leave that woman on her own though. As soon as Chun couldn’t see the warm glow of the fire whip, she hid in the shadows of a nearby alley. “That was frightening. No, exhilarating! Maybe both, I don’t know. I don’t know how I managed to keep my cool near the end!” She took a deep breath before going on. “I just hope I didn’t cause too much trouble. I don’t think I’ve spoken like that in my life.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new recruit (open)   The new recruit (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new recruit (open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next