Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The King and the Firelord 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The King and the Firelord I_vote_lcapThe King and the Firelord I_voting_barThe King and the Firelord I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The King and the Firelord I_vote_lcapThe King and the Firelord I_voting_barThe King and the Firelord I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The King and the Firelord

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

The King and the Firelord Empty
PostSubject: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 5:18 am

The journey from Ba Sing Se to Vermillion City was a long one, but it was a necessary use of the new Earth King’s time. His personal airship had been prepared as soon as they had received confirmation from the office of the Fire Lord, and he had wasted no time in making the long journey to visit his neighbouring Head of State.

Unfortunately, or perhaps, fortunately, there was little of importance that happened on the journey. The first leg of their voyage brought them to the Western edge of the Earth Kingdom, where they stopped to refuel before crossing the ocean to the Fire Nation. All the while Lu Meleng sat in the Royal Quarters, dwelling on the meeting to come.

This was to be his first meeting with any of the other world leaders since he had assumed the throne, and it was perhaps the most dangerous. Fire Lord Nobunaga was renowned for his ruthlessness in the face of opposition, particularly those that dared to threaten the peace of the Fire Nation. When the Ikko-Ikki Revolt had risen up, the then-Prince had led the assault and subsequent execution of the entire Sect - as well as any women and children who had dared to be allied with them. Even his own brother had not been safe from Nobunaga’s ambition, being roasted alive by the wild dragon that the Fire Lord kept as a companion.

As the airship touched down in the Noble’s Quarter, Lu Meleng rose to his feet. He had already donned his formal robes and stepped out from the airship with his retinue of guardsmen. Several came behind carrying a huge gold-bound chest, holding it carefully between four large men.

The procession to the Palace was quick, given that officials of the Fire Nation had cleared the streets for them. Several of the nobles gathered to watch, but they made no noise - this Earth King was unknown to them, and the firebenders were slow to trust anybody who came armed to their city.

It seemed like no time at all when Lu Meleng stood at the door to the Imperial Throne Room, entourage at his back. A heavily dressed Fire Nation soldier stationed at the door raised a huge spear and thumped the butt against the floor three times, causing the doors to swing open. The Earth King’s herald stepped forwards, unfurling a scroll to read from just as Lu Meleng was passing into the room.

”Introducing Earth King Lu Meleng, Ruler of the Earth Kingdom, Keeper of the Walls of Ba Sing Se and Protector of the Realm.”
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Nobunaga Ezofuji
Emperor of the Sun
Rightful King of the Fire Benders
Lord of Nippon
Protector of the Realm
Blood of the Sun
Guardian of Dragons
Descendant of F'yr

"Fifty years in the mortal world,
Is but a brief moment in Geten.
All things born into this world,
Must necessarily parish."

Spoiler:
----------------------------------------------------------[/i][/color][/center]

Nobunaga sat, his legs crossed uncomfortably atop the Vermilion Throne.

He had never understood why it had been called that. It wasn't so much a throne as a cushioned dais beneath an ornate pavilion--and the cushion was several centuries past due for replacement.

He was certain his butt had shared the same cushion that had been used since Zuko. A national treasure, to be sure, but a very, very sore one.

Nobunaga had considered restoring the traditions of the ancient Fire Lords. At the death of the Emperor they would move the capital to a new city. Death was considered an impure taboo, and when a Fire Lord died, the palace and city would be unclean for a living descendant of the gods to inhabit.

A new palace and new capital would be constructed accordingly, and every generation they would shift once more.

Sadly it was a costly effort, and the Ikko-Ikki War and the growing threat of demons in Nippon had left Nobunaga with a tough decision when he ascended the throne: pour money into the military and industry to defeat the demons, or indulge in decadence and luxury.

It had not been a choice.

Nobunaga was not a decadent man, and luxury did not suit him. He ached for battle. And doing the right thing morally was important too.

If the demons overran Nippon it would not be long before they could rally and attack the Six Nations...and that would be a costly mistake all would pay for.

The Earth King had been announced.

Finally! The cushion had become unbearable.

Nobunaga stood parted the flames before his "throne" and stepped down to greet the fellow ruler.

He did not know the young Earth King as well as he had his predecessor, so a hug was not appropriate, but he knew him. They were royalty after all. Instead Nobunaga held out his arm for the fellow ruler.

"Earth King Lu Meleng," stated Nobunaga, "Welcome to our capital. It is a pleasure to have you here. My condolences, once more, on your father. He was a great man...he and my grandfather had been close, and I had shared a dining table with him on many occasions. But I'm certain you'll be able to fill the large shoes he left behind."

He bowed for good measure.

With a new ruler, it truly was like starting diplomatic relations from the beginning again. Old treaties and friendships meant little to new and fresh minds. Nobunaga did not want war, despite wanting battle. War was bad for everyone, but battle was exhilarating. Battling demons did not hurt his people, it helped them if anything. But war between the Six Nations was not such a noble endeavour.

"Please, come sit with me in the antechamber where it will be more comfortable, and tell me a little of why you have come. Would you like some tea?"

Nobunaga led him into a small antechamber behind a set of curtains on the left side of the room. Within was a small, indoor tea garden, complete with freshly raked sand, stones, bamboo, and most importantly, comfortable cushions with a low tea table.

"I trust you have no issue with sitting on these cushions? We Fire Benders are a people of habit and tradition sadly. Chairs are not for us."
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2020 6:44 am

With a curt nod, Lu Meleng extended his own arm to grip Nobunaga’s, offering it a firm shake. At the words, however, a strange expression spread over the Earth King’s face. It was almost as if there was a private joke that he was not sharing, one that appeared to be at the expense of the Fire Lord.

”Alas, the previous Earth King was not my Father - more of a distant cousin. Your condolences, and those sent at the time of his death, are appreciated however. The Council of Five decided that some new blood was needed on the throne, and my claim was strongest.”

Lu Meleng returned the bow, noting that the Fire Lord was almost of a height with the Earth King - a feat that few men ever achieved. As they moved to a side chamber, Lu Meleng found his eyes wandering over the Throne Room that they were exiting. It was exquisite, reflecting the power and grandeur of the Fire Nation, and now the Empire of the Sun. A place that enemies would be loathe to come, and even allies would be able to reflect on the power of the man seated on the dias.

The side chamber, in contrast, was nothing if not peaceful. It was an oasis contained wholly within the confines of tradition, and it couldn’t have been more of a surprise to Lu Meleng. Without a word he knelt down on one of the offered cushions, ignoring the discomfort from such a position. He could have erected a chair of his own, but he didn’t think the Fire Lord would take kindly to the destruction of his garden.

”Tea would be welcome - the journey from Ba Sing Se is a long one,” he said, nodding in thanks to his host. ”The cushions are far more comfortable than what I have been used to in the past. The Earth Nation Army isn’t known for carrying round feather beds with them during times of war - which is why every Earth Nation soldier you meet will be able to create the comfiest stone bed you will ever lay in.” He offered his counterpart a rare smile, but it didn’t reach his eyes - he was not a fan of political games, but he knew the part he had to play now.

”Habit and tradition are important for us all, however,” he said, eyes locked on Nobunaga’s one good eye. ”My airship happened to pass over the Kumamoto Province on our journey here - my ancestors grew up there, back when it was Earth Kingdom territory. How fares Yu Dao these days? Ah, forgive me - Kumamoto, correct?”

It was no mere slip of the tongue - although he was there as a friend and ally, there could be no forgetting that the Kumamoto Province still resided on the Western tip of the Earth Kingdom, no matter who ruled over them.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Nobunaga Ezofuji
Emperor of the Sun
Lord of Nippon
Protector of the Realm
Blood of the Sun
Guardian of Dragons
Descendant of F'yr

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------

Nobunaga frowned. Somewhere a scribe had given him the wrong information. It made him look a fool. Nobunaga did not appreciate looking the fool. Somewhere there was a scribe who would be jobless by day's end.

"My apologies. I have been ill informed, Your Majesty. I hope you take no offence to my ignorance."

Nobunaga watched as tea was immediately brought forth. One thing Iroh and Zuko had done for this nation, which Nobunaga loved above all else, was the appreciation for the art of the tea ceremony. It mattered not how or when you asked for a cup of tea, for somewhere, in every hall or heart, was a pot of water always boiling, just in case.

The Emperor had a good chuckle at the thought of comfortable stone beds. Not in a cruel way, but in a way he found amusing. If anyone could make stone comfortable it would be Earth Benders. Nobunaga admired them for it. How odd the loves and customs of the other benders and peoples seem to those not within their circles, yet so normal they were to those within.

Fire Benders, for example, loved spice and competition. Warm beverages, heated alcohol. Bathing in the hottest of baths. Some even chose to replace their saunas with ovens of flame, so that they may bake within a large clay oven to rejuvenate themselves.

Then came what Nobuanga had expected of the King. So he spoke plainly. "Your Majesty. You need not play such coy games." Nobunaga smiled, not unkindly. He knew the reputation he held in this world. He was a tough and merciless man somedays, but he was not heartless to a fellow king who merely wanted the same thing he did.

"With all due respect, I ask that you speak plainly in these chambers." Nobunaga waved the attendants out once the tea had been poured and the spare pot left to steep on the table. "You wish the return of Kumamoto Province to you. I am not against it. Though there will need to be some negotiations first."

Nobunaga cleared his throat and made his requests known. "Firstly, it is important to ensure a peaceful, non-disruptive transfer of land. I ask that any of my citizens, whether they have mingled together with the native Earth Benders or not, be allowed to remain, if they so wish. Of course the Earth Benders who have citizenship would be allowed to retain it, if they wish. Perhaps we could work out somewhere for all peoples living there to retain their citizenship of both kingdoms, should they want to. We just want what is best for the people of our kingdoms, and uprooting peoples and businesses for the sake of national pride is the antithesis of that."

Nobunaga sipped his tea. "Secondly, I would ensure that any businesses owned by Imperial citizens be retained by their owners. Disrupting trade and commerce is never good for a people or their economy. We don't need mass unemployment, or an exodus of skilled labourers to other areas and nations. Besides, the taxes they would owe you by remaining stable, corporate entities would, I'm sure, be beneficial to your kingdom, and their stability a benefit to industry. Kumamoto is renowned for its industry."

Another sip of tea. "My third request is but a simpler one. I ask that, since you will be taking over these lands, our nations could split the cost of running the international airship lines between Kumamoto and the other nations that my nation has been supplying. Only in Kumamoto Province of course. The upkeep of these airways are important to trade, commerce and communication between Kumamoto's businesses and people and the outside world. I also understand the financial burden it would place on the Earth Kingdom to suddenly be burdened with such an upkeep. We could then, work together to uphold it. It seems only fair."

Now, Nobunaga paused before his final request. Perhaps the simplest of the three. "Finally, I would like this transfer of territories to be a sign of the friendship and trust our two nations have held since the days of our forefathers during the time of Avatar Aang. Long have we been allies, and I would like to renew our bonds of friendship and alliance. This world has seen too much strife...and I fear a war between the nations in the future would be destructive to the people at the bottom."

"I have my Empire. You will have your unified Kingdom. Together, let us work together to promote stability, security and peace between the nations, as twin beacons of hope when dark times do return. Do these terms sound agreeable to your, Your Majesty?"

Ruthless to his enemies, but never to his friends. The Earth Kingdom had long been friends and allies to the Empire, formerly Fire Nation. It would spit in their face to attempt to screw them out of a fair deal. Kings do not kill kings, nor should they seek to screw each other over. Honour above all else, as his father had taught him.
Back to top Go down
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 5:59 pm

A rapid blinking of his eyes was the only sign that Lu Meleng gave as to his surprise at the Emperor’s words. His hands came together before him, fingers steepled, as he listened intently to the proposals of his opposite number.

”It would appear that it is my turn to be ill-informed about you, Your Majesty,” he said in response. ”During my time in the Earth Kingdom Army, your name was spoken as that of a rampaging warlord, one to sow the seeds of victory wherever he plants them. I certainly did not expect you to be so… Forthcoming.”

He reached forwards and pulled his tea towards him, taking a long drink from the cup. He paused for a moment before placing it down, choosing his next words carefully. ”As to your requests, I find myself of the same mind. It is not my desire to force people from their homes, nor to force families apart. Perhaps we can establish, for those that want it, a dual-citizenship of both of our Kingdoms. Not only would it allow those citizens free movement and access to two of the greatest nations in the world, but it would tie together our alliance in more than name. Let the people decide to whom they wish to swear allegiance, or let them decide upon both of us. Those who currently live there, be they Earth Kingdom or Fire Nation citizens, will be offered the choice to live peacefully as citizens of both of our Kingdoms - and, if they decide that they would rather turn down the offer, my Kingdom will compensate them as to the value of their property and assets that they would leave behind.”

”Your proposal on airship lanes is a sound one. Perhaps, in time, the network can be expanded across the Earth Kingdom and connect the whole world. Global trade is important to all of the nations, and we are in the perfect position to supply it to them.”

Lu Meleng nodded slowly at the Emperor’s final words. ”Let us be the light to lead the world through dark times, Emperor Nobunaga. Together, our nations can accomplish much that we could not hope to alone. Peace and prosperity, together as one. Kumamoto will be a symbol to the world that those who wish to bring darkness upon the world have our combined force to deal with.”

”But, I have a request of my own.”

He lifted his tea to his mouth once more, taking a long draught from the quickly cooling liquid. It was time for him to think, to gather his words as needed when conversing with such a person. ”The world has been at odds for too long, but the problem lies not in dissent or dissonance. Lack of communication is the biggest foe to peace, and I intend to solve that. At the western tip of the Kumamoto Province, I propose the building of a great structure - one not owned by the Earth Kingdom, nor by the Fire Nation. It would be a place where representatives of all the nations could meet, could discuss policies in peace and without having to be held hostage in a foreign power. A zone where there is no war, there is no aggression. There is only diplomacy, and a view for the future.”

His eyes moved down to the ground for a second, as if lost in thought. ”The nations are divided, but we must act as one. An old General of the Earth Kingdom used to say, when times are bad you know who your enemy is. But, when times are good, you must prepare as if your enemy could come from anywhere. And now, times are good - but they will not be forever. Let us guarantee that, when the darkness comes, we are ready for it - all of the nations, as one.”
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 10:10 am

Nobunaga Ezofuji
Emperor of the Sun
Lord of Nippon
Protector of the Realm
Blood of the Sun
Guardian of Dragons
Descendant of F'yr

Spoiler:

Nobunaga gave a warm laugh. "I am indeed the man you think I am...when I am against my enemies. But you are not my enemy. No...my threats lie in Nippon, and within my own borders. But the Earth King and his people are my friends, so you will find only hospitality and cooperation from me."

Nobunaga listened intently to Lu Meleng's words. The Earth King had a good view of the world. He knew what he was speaking about, and he seemed to truly want peace--as did Nobunaga.

Nobunaga enjoyed the thrill of crushing his enemies, but a war between nations was a war where no one was the victor, and they were not his enemies.

What the Earth King wanted for the future was a world where the nations could speak more openly and freely. One where they spoke more frequently the the once-a-decade Six Nation Summits. He wanted open, constantly connected discource and lines of communication between each world leader.

Nobunaga was not against this idea. No, if anything, he quite agreed. If he could maintain peace on the homeland, it would allow the Empire to focus more heavily on the demons in Nippon and on his overseas interests in that land. A two-front war was not something he ever wanted, and if the Six Nations could remain at peace, then Nobunaga could avoid that.

"Your idea is one worthy of a toast," exclaimed Nobunaga. "There is wisdom in it, and I will throw my support behind it. Tell me more about it."

Nobunaga turned towards the door, where a guard stood outside. "Tell someone to prepare some sake--warmed! We have much to celebrate with the Earth King."
Back to top Go down
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am

The Earth King allowed himself a rare smile, his glance moving towards the door as Nobunaga summoned sake to toast. Tea was good, but sake was better - especially when drank in celebration. ”You are most kind - I would be glad to partake in a toast over our agreement.”

Lu Meleng’s eyes moved towards the garden around them, looking at the sand for only half a moment before dismissing it and waving his hand at a nearby stone. It floated almost lazily towards them, settling in the air in front of the Earth King. Sand would have been easier, he presumed - but the fine art of sandbending had always escaped him. His strengths lay in that which was not so fickle, the strong earth and rocks that made up the foundations of his Kingdom.

”Whilst it is always a pleasure to visit the rulers of the other Nations,” he started, offering Nobunaga a warm smile. ”It is certainly not the most productive. What we need, what the world needs, is a place that all nations can meet as equals, without any singular ruler having power over the other through their geographical location. It would be an embassy of sorts, but not between two powers - this would be an embassy for all nations to meet and discuss politics, and ensure that we keep the world that we all jointly inhabit safe from harm. The structure would, of course, be gifted from the Earth Kingdom to the collective nations…”

His fingers splayed suddenly, and the stone seemed to turn almost liquid as it morphed and twisted into the shape of a building. With a twist of his wrist, six segments came off of it, circling around the remaining structure. ”Each nation would be granted space for their ambassador to live permanently, as well as royal suites for the respective nation leaders to stay whenever they please. No longer will we need to wait for the Summits of old - with this joint embassy, we will have constant contact with al lof our neighbours.”

He clenched his hand into a fist, and the building melded together once more before returning to its natural stone-shape. With one wagging finger, he directed the stone back to its original position, where it floated gently back to the ground without a noise.

The door behind him opened, and a pair of servants bustled in. They took away the now empty teapot, replacing it with a tokkuri that radiated heat and a pair of ceramic cups. The servants filled them, placing one each in front of the Earth King and Emperor Nobunaga. Smile returning to his face, Lu Meleng raised his cup and held it halfway across the table.

”To the future, and to peace between our Kingdoms. May it continue forevermore.”
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 3:14 pm

Nobunaga Ezofuji
Emperor of the Sun
Lord of Nippon
Protector of the Realm
Blood of the Sun
Guardian of Dragons
Descendant of F'yr

Spoiler:

Nobunaga watched the Earth King lift a stone from the garden around them. It was a very effective method of displaying the blueprints for the building he had planned.

The Fire Lord was intrigued by what he was seeing, watching the stone melt and shape to the Earth King's will. He saw the rooms, halls and offices as Earth King Lu envisioned them. It was truly a wonder of architecture and diplomacy.

It was not an overly complex building, nor was it overly simple. A good mix between the two. A combination of function vs form, and the marriage of the different architectural styles of the different nations--with some variations, of course, as buildings made of ice and snow would not be so viable out of the poles. Someone would have to tell the water benders.

"If the nations keep contact like this," started Nobunaga. "It would reduce future wars. Having a constant line of communication between diplomats and world leaders would ensure at least an attempt at a peaceful, diplomatic solution, which is often all one needs to avoid war. I can't say that some mad-man wouldn't try something in the future--of any nation--but that doesn't mean this will be any less effective. One most always prepare for the exceptions and outliers after all."

In came the servants with the sake. A family favourite that was produced specially in Yamato Province under the control of the Crown. This Yamato junmai daiginjo-shu nigorizake was of the highest quality one could provide in the Empire.

The junmai designation indicated that it was pure rice wine, with no additional alcohol added in the process, while the daiginjo-shu indicated that it was a special brew, with special custom koji rice. Nigori simply meant the sake was loosely filtered, meaning it was served cloudy.

The pearly liquid was poured, steaming, from the ceramic tokkuri.

"Please, drink, enjoy," smiled Nobunaga as he offered the small drinking dish to the Earth King.

"To the future," Nobunaga cheered as the two downed their masu of sake. And what an interesting future it would be.

Though, Nobunaga still had questions. Something nagged at the back of his mind. Not a problem, but an interesting hurdle to overcome. "Your Majesty," began Nobunaga. "How do we quicken the flow of communication? Couriers, messenger hawks and airship postal services can be...slow at times. Especially when replies are needed quickly, and sometimes, more securely. Is there any way around this? While these diplomats may act in the best favour of their nation, it is important that they still act in alignment with the values and directives of the heads of state. And sometimes they will need to convey messages between the heads of state, acting as a proxy at the meeting hall."
Back to top Go down
Lu Meleng
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Lu Meleng

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 7:15 am

Lu Meleng drank slowly. The sake was filled with flavour, no doubt a special vintage of the Fire Lord. He wondered absent-mindedly how many others had been allowed to taste of it - and how many of them were outsiders to the Fire Nation.

The Earth King felt his brow rise slowly as Nobunaga spoke. Messages were certainly slow, but as far as he knew there was no way to speed that along - at least, not two way communication.

”It is a conundrum indeed,” he said slowly, lowering his cup. ”There are some, a rare few, in the Earth Kingdom who are capable of sending seismic pulses across great distances. One of my masters was such a man, and he taught me the necessary skills - however, I am doubtful that even I could do more than create a pillar of earth over such a distance.”

His hand rose up to his chin, moving slowly down his long, dark beard.

”Omashu has a message delivery service, albeit on a much larger scale. Earthbending is used to push carts along specially created tracks that run throughout the city. Perhaps this could be extended - a direct line between each of the Heads of State and the embassy. Earthbending would of course be required, but I would be willing to place a loyal bender along each of the trans-national tracks to ensure that messages are delivered securely and quickly.”

His mind wandered then, thinking of the various things that were happening in Ba Sing Se. Every few months it seemed that a new craze hit the town, and usually it was created by a group of people that styled themselves as “inventors” - men and women who dedicated their lives to creating strange, outlandish objects.

Perhaps one of them would hold the key to this conundrum?
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

The King and the Firelord Nobuna10
Nobunaga Ezofuji
Emperor of the Sun
Lord of Nippon
Protector of the Realm
Blood of the Sun
Guardian of Dragons
Descendant of F'yr

Nobunaga pondered the Earth King's suggestions. Sonic pulses were an interest idea, but as the Earth King said, a rare quality amongst Earth Benders, and would require immense skill and focus. Not the easiest thing to maintain with consistency on a frequent, far-reaching, and often stressful scale.

The idea of utilizing a mail system similar to Omashu, but even with the toughest Earth Benders guarding the consisent line of communication, it didn't solve the issue of bridging oceans and continents. It would be expensive to build and maintain, and require many Earth Benders to maintain and protect such sensistive communique.

But something rung in Nobunaga's head as he thought over the Earth King's suggestions. Something that was a mix of both, and would be easier and cheaper to maintain.

"Now that you mention it, I'm reminded of a group of researchers in the Water Tribes who are working on a means of quick and efficient communication between the main cities and the smaller settlements in the frozen wastes," explained Nobunaga. "They call it...the telegraph? They're looking for funding, and they reached out to my a few months ago but I had been pondering over it before now. It would be useful for military communication in Nippon, where my armies are holding off the demon hordes. But it would also be useful diplomatically, especially when we proceed with your idea. One day it could even be used to summon the Avatar to nations in need, perhaps."

Nobunaga poured more sake for himself and the Earth King. "If the nations could pool their resources, we could easily fund this scientific endeavour, and set up a quick method of communication between the nations' leaders."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The King and the Firelord   The King and the Firelord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King and the Firelord
Page 1 of 1