Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_vote_lcapTo Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_voting_barTo Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_vote_lcapTo Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_voting_barTo Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Kaipoku looked plainly at the girl, Bailey, as she talked about others wishing to help out in the fight.  "Never in over four thousand years has anyone helped the Oina.  Did you not hear the story I just told you?" she said, a little affronted by the sudden attack on her culture "It's not how it's one.  We were the ones who signed the blood oath with the Gods, and it is our job to protect the world.  No one else's, and no one else has ever been able to wield our weapons before."  Okuninushi sighed, "The first friendly local and we went and upset her," he said, mostly joking, though partly afraid this would mean the return of Samaikuru and the others.

"I don't think Bailey meant to insult your culture," added Sakuyahime quickly, trying not to push the insults any further than they already had been, "It's just that where we come from, in the Six Nations, we don't have Oina whose duty it is to protect us from demons.  We're just not used to it."  Kaipoku paused for a moment, and the insult melted away, though she still felt the need to make her point.  "Outsiders will never help the Oina hunt demons," she said, "Welcome as they may be into our lands in times of peace, it has always been the jobs of the Oina to protect this land from demons, and it always will be."

"I think we need to sleep," interjected Okuninushi, "We need to sleep, otherwise we'll die of boredom waiting for the Oina warriors to return with their verdict, and I'd like to be well rested before I die, thank you very much." With that, Okuninushi slid into his bed roll, and turned over, hoping everyone else would just follow his example and minimize the conflict.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 am

Bailey listened to the Oina's reply, stabs of guilt going through her as she realized how opposite her suggestion was to the culture they lived by. Lowering her head and accepting the refute, she looked down at the arrow heads they had made earlier. Working together seems more logical, but traditions are not to be changed. Rules following traditions would never be touched. Bailey told herself before looking back up. "I fully apologize for my words. I did not wish any insult or injury to you or your culture. I simply meant to supply an ideal. One that I see now would not be accepted at any moment. I sincerely apologize." Bailey said as she looked over at the others, hoping she had not made a horrible mistake and ended their lives by a few mere words. "I believe a night's rest would be able to do the mind well, even during this hard times." Bailey pulled her blankets around her as she laid down, tucking the dagger neatly under her pillow and facing the fire once again. She watched the flames dance, as she had before, until her eyes became to heavy and her lids closed.
From the darkness, a light appeared behind her eyes as Bailey slept. Her dream, though unknown to her, twisted and turned as the fire light burned, turning even the most blissful dreams into the horrid nightmare that had captured her since childhood. A home engulfed in fames as a family cried out, her name repeated in the night air as she ran through the forest and into the hands of strangers. Her children, tears streaming from their faces, watching as she burns to a crisp in a cage next to them, with no will or way to set them free. When her eyes finally opened, her hand was clasped tightly around the dagger blade, two clean cuts bled on her palm. Shaking her head, Bailey dropped the dagger and began to clean her hand, being careful not to wake the others from their sleep.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Okuninushi and his sister, Sakuyahime, both slept easily throughout the night, which was surprising considering the no doubt massive Oina war party that was to return in the morning. No matter how many times Kaipoku told them to have faith, something in Okuninushi made him worry eve more. Samaikuru did not seem like a happy man. In fact he seemed like someone who would do anything to kill the twins and their friend, perhaps even Kaipoku for being here. Yet, Okuninushi remained calm on the outside while his insides crumbled. He woke up and went about his morning normally, looking at the sleeping bear, Nemuri, who was balancing on his stone sphere, fast asleep. He seemed to have appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the night, as he normally did when he followed the group.

After cooking the remainder of their food for breakfast, knowing that whether he was allowed to continue on to the Oina city, Wep'keer, or killed on the spot, these supplies would not be necessary for much longer. "Did you sleep well?" asked Sakuyahime, looking at Bailey, Kaipoku and her brother as she combed through her hair with her fingers as best as she could. Okuninushi nodded silently, Kaipoku simply yawned and gave a nod, obviously still tired. "So, they're coming back today, we should prepare to fight," said Okuninushi, speaking specifically of Samaikuru and his war party that were soon to arrive. Sakuyahime sighed. She felt the same as Kaipoku, though neither of them had the chance to respond as Samaikuru appeared at the mouth of the cave.

"That wont be necessary," he said begrudgingly, something about his tone told Okuninushi that the answer he was here to present was not the one he wanted to hear. In fact his rage was so great on the inside he did not even seem affronted by Kaipoku's presence. "You...you've been....you're allowed to return me to the village," he said, almost fighting to get the words out, "Chief Kemushiri would like to see the young...travellers...who wish to help the Oina in their quest. He finds it...grrr...he finds it commendable that you, ou--travellers. Travellers wish to help us, though you have no duty to." With that, Samaikuru turned around, arms crossed, and waited silently for the quartet to pack up their camp and return with him to Wep'keer. Silently fuming to himself as he did.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Bailey turned and sat up, watching the flames again. "I slept, not going to say it was restful or needed, but I slept." Bailey tried to send the twins a smile, but wasn't too sure it passed. "Thank you for cooking, the food smells great." She tried to get passed the nightmare. The nightmares seemed to get worse the more time went by. She didn't want to worry the twins, so instead she just munched on the food, her left hand still stinging from the cuts.

As she sat there as they waited to hear from the Oina. As something approached, Bailey took a firm grip on the handle of her dagger and got ready to attack if it were to come to it. Bailey's mind began to go a bit crazy as sh waitedto hear the news. With each of Samaikuru's stutters, Bailey's breath began to slow down and ease, her mind going back to a small bit of calm. "Thank you for this amazing news, may we serve your people with the glory of those we strive to learn from." Bailey's voice was soft as she spoke, her eyes low in a small bow to the Oina.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Samaikuru wanted to turn around and growl at Bailey, but he head his tongue. He let out a short burst of breath, and turned himself into a wolf. "Kaipoku, bring these...guests...to the city yourself, I have business to attend to," he snarled before running back off into the snow, disappearing from sight. "How hospital," grinned Okuninushi sarcastically, "You people sure know how to make us feel welcomed." Kaipoku sighed, and bowed her head, "Forgive him, he doesn't like anyone who's not an Oina," she explained, "This is very hard for him. It's probably better I take you to Wep'keer myself anyway. He'd probably try to bring you into Yoshpet or leave you in an ice field to die."

"What's Yoshpet?" wondered Sakuyahime. "It's a large forest that fills the eastern half of our land," began Kaipoku as the foursome packed up camp and left some food for Nemuri, for when he woke up. "It's filled with living trees and wild thorn bushes that attack any who are not Oina, and these plants release a terrible, deadly toxin that if inhaled will kill you in five minutes. Only Oina are able to entire, and even we cannot go beyond a certain point. Inner Yoshpet has never been explored by a living being. It is said that only the gods and spirits can live in Inner Yoshpet--that is the reason why we Oina can go into the outer limits, because our people descended of a god--and because of that, the gods have hidden their greatest secrets within Inner Yoshpet...no one really knows if it's true though."

"I'd love to go explore it one day, and see just how secret this big secret is," said Okuninushi as hoisted his pack off the ground and onto his shoulders, "Maybe I'll start building up an immunity to this poison once we get to Wep'keer." "I wouldn't recommend that," said Kaipoku with warning, "No human has gotten within ten meters of the forest without dying from the toxin. It is that potent." "Then I'll be the first," shrugged Okuninushi simply, "Now, let's get going! I can't wait to start our training!" Sakuyahime merely let out a sigh, as her brother once more planned to charge head on into things he had no business being involved in. Though she agreed that they had spent long enough in this cave, and now was the time to move onward, to Wep'keer. "Yes, I agree, let us get going!" said Kaipoku enthusiastically, "I'm sure the other Oina will want to see you. We haven't seen humans in these parts since the founding of Nippon five thousand years ago."
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 am

Bailey moved to her knees as she started to gather her things. She carefully tucked her boot knife back inside her boot, her dagger placed nicely against her forearm, and her bow over her head and shoulder. Something, she wasn't sure what, made her a bit un-easy about the thought of moving through a seemingly toxic area, but she had to trust Kaipoku. Against her normal thoughts and judgement, Bailey looked over at everyone. "Whenever you're ready, I am." She said, her voice soft and a bit timid.

Inside her head, Bailey wanted to scream and holler at Samaikuru. She couldn't stand the thought of being treated as poorly as they had been. She had attempted to ease his anger and his dis-trust, only to be scoffed at like a little kid. It was going to take a bit of time for Bailey to calm down again; so she kept to herself, keeping her comments short and precise to stop herself from hurting any chances they had with the Oina from her hot temper. "I wish, however, to apologize for any comments I may make." Bailey whispered mainly to herself as she stood and started to walk out the cave entrance. Stopping to take a second glance at the fire burning behind her, She waved her hand carefully and put it out.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

The snow had stopped during that day. The blizzard subsiding for a few hours, allowing the sun to shine through dark clouds in certain areas. Okuninushi was happy that he did not have to walk through a blinding blizzard again today, as the three feet of snow that had piled up over night made the thought even more unbearable. The path to Wep'keer was a long, taking most of the day to traverse the snowy wilderness. Parts of the path were above ground, where the snow was so thick and packed that they were able to walk on top of it. In other places the pat was carved as a trench through the heavy snow.

While in other places it was an underground network of interconnected tunnels like a rabbit hole that was cared into the snow. They passed a few Oina who were no doubt running around gathering supplies and watching over the tunnels and land, ensuring that no demons were on the prowl and no one was trying to attack them. The Oina did not talk, and many were in too much of a rush to notice the humans in their midst. A few ran by in animal form. Their masks still covering their faces as they ran, different coloured wolves, dashing at top speed through the snow. Finally, after almost 8 hours of traveling, Kaipoku stopped them before a mountain. Carved into the side of the mountain was a set of stairs that led up to a pass, a crack that parted the mountain as if some giant had swung his sword into the mountain and split it vertically about halfway.

The top of the mountain was also missing. "Wep'keer is located in this hollowed out mountain," explained Kaipoku as she looked up at the snowy steps, "Our houses are built as part of the mountain, on top of ledges and cliffs within the mountain, or into the wall itself. Spring water flows into the city as well and during spring and summer there is a few inch pool of water that gathers as a pond, covering the entire lower level of Wep'keer, it's beautiful. The water comes from Lake Laochi out in behind the city. Now, shall we get going? I'm sure Kemushiri is eager to see you all."
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Bailey walked, half aware of her surroundings as she muddled her way through the snow. Somewhere between the snow, the cold, and her wanting to split her tongue about how they had been treated, she didn't trust herself to speak. She wasn't sure if anyone had caught her apology before, so she kept her head down. Focusing on the trail of footprints in front of her to guide her as she sulked behind them. 'This is probably the poorest the Twins have seen me act.' She thought as she walked, her feet making a steamed crushing sound as her boots made contact with the cold wet snow.

As they approached the mountain, she listened to what everyone was saying, but still couldn't bring herself to look at the splendor that would have been the description of such a mountainside. That joy, she decided, was for a day more worth it than that of how her acts have caused so far. Although she tried to keep her tongue cold, a fire burned inside her. 'How long before I make someone really mad and get kicked out?' She wondered as she allowed herself one quick look.

They were right. The mountain was one of no description. She could not find the words to describe the site that laid out in front of her eyes. Bailey knew she could see it, and that it was magnificent and full of splendor. A feeling of ease crossed across her and she relaxed. Her mind no longer troubled with the anger that filled it that morning. Her tongue no longer searching to lash out on anyone. Peace swelled around her and a calm filled her very bones. "Such wonder. To feel such peace and tranquility everyday of your life would be a blessing." She said, her voice still low, but loud enough to be heard by those listening for it.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Kaipoku led the group up the winding steps on the side of the mountain and through the split that led into the crater at the center. The mountain had no top, and even more odd, was that it was overshadowed by two larger twin mountains that sat on a shelf of land behind the mountain where Wep'keer was. The snow had covered the city, and what Kaipoku had told them of it rang true. There were several sets of platform cliffs, forming levels to the city. Houses were built on each level, some right into the wall, and at the bottom was a frozen pond covered in patches of snow. There were no Oina visible outside of their houses, it was no doubt too cold for them.

Evidenced by the multitude of smoking chimneys coming from each house, and the small, faint cloud of smoke that hung up towards the top of the topless mountain. The distinct and warming smell of burning wood filled the entire city. Kaipoku then pointed to a large house on the highest level of the city. Samaikuru was standing outside of the house, arms crossed, looking down at the group as they made their way to the house of Kemushiri, elder and leader of the Oina. He was a blue smudge amongst the houses, as the level where Kemushiri lived was high up.

"It's a nice city," said Sakuyahime, examining the entire city as they went up the spiraling levels. She could see curtains move as they passed houses, and shudder and twitch whenever she looked at one, or passed by. The Oina were scared of her...though to be honest, Sakuyahime was more scared of them than they her, no doubt. There were hundreds, maybe even a thousand, Oina living in this city. But there was just her, her brother and Bailey, and maybe Kaipoku if even her, though there was no telling if she'd fight alongside it if it came down to it, and Sakuyahime wouldn't blame her if she chose to stick with her kin. It was only natural.

Samaikuru approached the group as they reached Kemushiri's house, "You're late," he hissed. "It's hard to navigate several kilometers of ice and snow when it wont stop falling. And when it's five feet deep and there are no tunnels, you have to care your own way," replied Kaipoku. Samaikuru merely grunted in response, and pulled back the entrance flap that hung over the door. It was blue, with the picture of a raccoon or a tanuki stitched into it in white thread. Behind the entrance flap was a wooden door that swung open as Kaipoku approached and together the group filed into the hut, Samaikuru last, watching over each of them like they were dangerous.

In the center of the main room of the large house sat a short man in a yellow robe. He had long greasy hair that hung to his shoulders in long white strands. There was a topknot on the top of his head as well, and a long, scruffy beard that blended with his long hair that hung beneath his mask. It went down to the middle of his chest and appeared to be part of the same creature as his hair. His mask was white with red marks all over it, like all the other Oina. It was of a tiger, while Samaikuru's was of a wolf, and Kaipoku's of a cat. He sat before a fire, drinking what appeared to be a type of clear liquid that Okuninushi was sure was sake, probably brought in from Nippon. They mad better sake than the Empire.

"Welcome," said the old man, shaking with each word. He looked to be about a hundred, for his entire body was covered in tight, nut brown skin that was extremely wrinkled, though his true age was hard to tell, as like with most Oina, he wore a mask that he never took off in the company of others. Oina only removed their masks when they were alone. It was custom, though the twins never understood why, and made it a point to ask later on, when they were under friendly terms with the people. He was skin and bones, and a wooden can sat across his lap, gnarled as if it was simply snapped from a tree and sawed off as both ends to make a cane. "Please, tell me your names," continued Kemushiri.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 1:03 pm

The mountainside surprised Bailey as it opened up to the city. Showing off the beautiful city as they walked into the area. All the snow and ice around her made Bailey shiver a bit as she tried to concentrate on something else. She couldn't blame the Oina for staying in their warm houses. Part of her wanted to stop walking and move into the warmth, but she knew she had to keep following the twins.

There was no doubt that the Oina scared her, she kept her hand resting on the hilt of her sword as they walked. She hated the thought of needing to spill blood in this beautiful place, yet she couldn't bring herself to fully relax there. With her mind and mentality ready for combat, she left her hand on the hilt and ready to pull it. 'Only if needed should you have to draw your sword.' Bailey's old teacher's voice drifted to her mind.

The memory was soft and precise. As if someone had reached into the bellow of her memory to release something to ease her fears and her harshness as she entered the city. With this, Bailey entered the leader's home, her mind ready to listen to his knowledge and hope to find peace behind his walls.

The home, just as beautiful as the city itself, awed Bailey. Her hand fell from the hilt as she stood looking at the interior and smiled. As the leader began to speak, she turned to face him, the smile still sitting on her face as she bowed to him. "Sir, I am Bailey Jane, and I am pleased to be invited into such a beautiful home and city. The work that has been bestowed on this place is just outstanding." Bailey said as she stayed bowed until he told her to stand again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)   To Kamui! (Bailey Jane) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Kamui! (Bailey Jane)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next