Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Member Q&A 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Member Q&A I_vote_lcapMember Q&A I_voting_barMember Q&A I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Member Q&A

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

If you've got questions about any of the rules/systems, post them here!

The questions and answers, should they be important, will be recorded here, for posterity.
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 pm

The Jacky Carver Questionnaire!

Howdy folks, hope yer ready for fun discussions on the rules of the new Mastery System! I know I am!

Ahem, anyways.

Here's the Mastery System just so we have it as a reference:

Spoiler:

So first I will say that I do love the idea of a "Training" system being added into this site, it gives more reason to RP and lets you experience what it's like to build your character from the ground up rather then just having it all right from the get go.

However this Mastery System is something that causes confusion, hence the questions below!

Question One (The easy one)

Looking at this sentence here found in The Mastery System:

Quote :
So, in light of the new advanced elements that are coming, post-timeskip

Is this referring to the new combination elements we've been seeing such as Scortch Bending, Gale Bending, Life Bending, etc?
If so then does that mean these elements are not available currently and will be once the time skip happens? (Clarification question, no biggie)

Question Two

Quote :
you CANNOT START WITH A MASTER-LEVEL ELEMENT, UNLESS YOU HAVE A BIJUU.
So does this mean that no one, either a new member or an old member can register Master Bender's anymore regardless of the member's experience or the app's quality like before?

Question Three

Does this new Mastery System effect character app's that are marked "WIP", this of course being character apps that were started prior to this new Mastery System?

Question Four

By "Master Element" is this referring to someone that is just a master of an element such as a Fire Bending Master, or is this only talking about someone that can perform a combination bending element?

Question Five Part One

Looking at this quote here:

Quote :
Now, one must learn their advanced element from someone who already knows it.
Followed by this one:

Quote :
First, know that you MUST learn a master-level element from someone who ALREADY KNOWS IT. After the timeskip happens, that person will be the Jinchuuriki. The information on which Jinchuuriki has which element can be found here.
Does this mean that only a Jinchuuriki can know a Combination/Mastery element?

Question Five Part Two

Following question five part one, does this mean that currently existing members that are Master's/Combination users cannot train another person to Mastery/Combination use?

Question Six

Now this one is just more of a nit-picky question but I just would like to cover as much as I can

Looking at this quote here:

Quote :
Please, no random strangers walking out of your closet, and handing you an amulet that allows you to scorch-bend

Will there actually be any items that allow Mastery/Combination bending?

Question Seven

Will there be any alternative methods to training someone to Mastery/Combination Bending if lets say a Jinchuuriki wasn't available?

So that's all I can think about currently, I know I've got more in my head but these are just some of the major one's that come to mind.
I'll make another post for any other questions I may have.

Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Jack Carver wrote:

Is this referring to the new combination elements we've been seeing such as Scortch Bending, Gale Bending, Life Bending, etc?
If so then does that mean these elements are not available currently and will be once the time skip happens? (Clarification question, no biggie)
Yes. Combination elements will not be available until after the Timeskip.

Jack Carver wrote:

So does this mean that no one, either a new member or an old member can register Master Bender's anymore regardless of the member's experience or the app's quality like before?

That depends on what you mean by 'master'. Characters will still be able to start with sub-elements, such as lightning, but cannot start with a combination element. Some sub-elements may be marked master (such as scorch), which will require the training topic mentioned in the Mastery System.

Jack Carver wrote:

Does this new Mastery System effect character app's that are marked "WIP", this of course being character apps that were started prior to this new Mastery System?

None of the elements currently available to characters are 'master' level elements. Nothing will be changed, unless they attempt to apply for a combination/master-level bending element.

On the off-chance that some sub-elements DO become Master-level, characters who were approved before the rule was put in place will be able to keep the element.

Jack Carver wrote:

By "Master Element" is this referring to someone that is just a master of an element such as a Fire Bending Master, or is this only talking about someone that can perform a combination bending element?

This refers to someone who can perform combination elements, or an element that is marked as 'Master'. The 'Master' marks will be added into the Official Bending Elements page.

Jack Carver wrote:

Quote :
First, know that you MUST learn a master-level element from someone who ALREADY KNOWS IT. After the timeskip happens, that person will be the Jinchuuriki. The information on which Jinchuuriki has which element can be found here.
Does this mean that only a Jinchuuriki can know a Combination/Mastery element?

No. Only Jinchuuriki can gain the use of a Combination/Mastery element without aid of a teacher, though it will still require training.

Jack Carver wrote:

Following question five part one, does this mean that currently existing members that are Master's/Combination users cannot train another person to Mastery/Combination use?

As said above, any characters who already knew the element when it was marked 'Master' will be able to keep it, and teach it, like normal.

Jack Carver wrote:

Will there actually be any items that allow Mastery/Combination bending?

Possibly. If there are, they will be event rewards, and not applicable to an average item.

Jack Carver wrote:

Will there be any alternative methods to training someone to Mastery/Combination Bending if lets say a Jinchuuriki wasn't available?

Yes. There may be events, or other such phenomena, that will allow participants to obtain master-level bending. What those phenomena will be, I am unsure, but they will exist, to keep things rolling along.
Back to top Go down

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Sooooo just to clear this up ; In the Official Elements, we have listed all the Mastery Elements. And in this list is now Spirit and Mind Bending.

- Well in my case, i have created a character who is a Spirit and Air bender ( post time skip, not before the time skip )

* Thinking about this, All other Mastery Level Techniques were Combination. Meaning the Person that wished to learn Scorch, Only has to posses both Elements correct? Spirit and Mind bending are just one element, in which is a technique you are born with.

* So does that inquire we cannot make any more spirit or mind benders? ( since we supposed cannot start off with a mastery tech. unless a bijuu )

* Or we can just not have them at Master bending level untill being trained.
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I have one! A question I mean.

This, in my case is purely hypothetical given my lack of interest in the mastery elements, additionally this is unlikely to be relevant in the near future given that only the Naruto-tail-thingymabobs are allowed to teach this stuff right now. However this will be useful info to have in the long run for anyone wishing to make something other than a kid.

If one would wish to create a more aged character, would it be possible to make the character have the mastery level from his or her creation with the training session being incorporated in the story section of the app?

And if not would it be possible to make said older character have the ability at his age, but RP the training session in a thread set years prior to the character's current age? This last point may be a little confusing if you're not in my head so let me illustrate it with an example:

Let us imagine that I, for whatever reason, want to make a 50 year old dude with one of the mastery elements. I'd have him have the master element when I start to use him at the age 50, but in a thread separate from the character app RP him as a younger man, let's say for this example in his twenties, learning the technique. Would that be a possibility or are we going to force anyone who wants to make an older character make said character go through the training session in his/her twilight years?
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 am

@Pine i think that would be an ok thing to do.
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:15 am

Which one is acceptable? Writing down the training in the history section of the app or RPing the training in the past post character creation?
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Doing the training in a flashback thread, post-character creation.
Back to top Go down
Darkzellz
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Darkzellz

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Is there any Plot positions open? I have plenty of time to fill them if there is ^.^ and if there isnt when is the next plot expected?
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

[color=white]Talk to Maybeth, she might give you a bijuu. Other than that, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Member Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Q&A   Member Q&A I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member Q&A
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next