Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Jack Carver 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Jack Carver I_vote_lcapJack Carver I_voting_barJack Carver I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Jack Carver

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:08 am

|BASICS|
    Name: Jack Carver
    Birthplace: Air Temples
    Current Residence: Earth Nation
    Element: Air, Earth (Earth only if approved for it, otherwise just Air)
    Pets: Eagle Bat (To be explained further in Pet a Creation app)
    Weapons:
    Bow and arrow, long knife. (To be further explained in a Weapon a Creation)

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: (What day was your character born?)
    Blood type: AB+
    Hobbies: Hunting, Drinking, Combat practice.
    Quirks: Carver tends to clean and polish his weapons as though they were ceremonial rather then for combat.
    Family:
    Wife, Terra: Deceased
    Son, Laguna: Deceased
    Father, Jecht: Deceased
    Mother, Ayame: Alive, Bedridden

Character Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95D7leeU3w&list=FLtIRr2Dt_O8XLy_vw28Feug&index=279

[size=18]|APPEARANCE|

Hair: Blonde, short and slicked back with brown highlights.
    Eyes: Deep blue eye's with a faint silver ring around his pupils.
    Height: 6,2
    Clothes: From head to toe: Carver wears a red beret on his head which cover's his hair. On his body he wears an almost skin tight dark grey performance shirt that is meant for combat and to go with holsters and straps. On his body he wears a black harness that is fitted around him and formed for his bow and quiver. His has a large belt with flash bombs attached to it and his long custom built knife that his attached to the back of his waist. He wears hard knuckle Kevlar gloves with wrist supports for a hard and possibly deadly punch. He wears Kevlar elbow pads and knee pads. He wears a desert camo coated type of cargo pants that are fitted for performance and comfort. These pants were made for him shortly after he became a fully fledged hunter. He also wears black steel toe boots.
    Skin: Carver's skin is rough and strong, it has several scars attached to it and has been through the hells of war and combat and back. His skin in many cases has been Carver's only armor, so naturally it has thickened and developed scar tissue, making his skin rough and strong.
    Body Type: Carver is extremely muscular and built, his body is packed with muscle and his athletic form is built for Strength, Speed and Cardio, with an advantage in Strength due to the extreme amount of muscle packed into his thick body.
    Image: Jack Carver Jack_Krauser

[size=18]|CHARACTERISTICS|

Personality: Carver is a soldier dedicated to his duty, willing to prioritize missions over the livelihood of himself and those who might accompany him. A solitary man, he plays his emotions close to his chest, even in the company of his family. Several times throughout his life suggest Carver may be experiencing symptoms of post traumatic stress and suicidal tendencies because of the things he’s done as a soldier. An incident relating to the alleged abuse of his son suggests the starting point of his emotional distance from his family.

After his family was killed, the unresolved issues with them
    lowered Carver’s already low opinion of himself. He thinks himself directly responsible for all that happened leading up to his family's deaths. His disdain for his position as a soldier reveals he didn't want his son following in his footsteps. Carver is quick to lose his temper at any given moment, which complicates both his military career and
    personal life. Carver chooses to be standoffish and rude to others. While he is a grounded man, he can warm up to people over time and be a little more gentle. Carver does have a joking side to him at times and can find humor in the right moments. Overall Carver is largely a broken man with many regrets in his life and with little rewards in it. He is a good man at heart, and has a firm sense of right and wrong. From his experience, he has grown almost a type of hatred for himself, with this, while he doesn't feel attached to many things, he has a certain hatred for those who make similar choices that he has made. He still fights however, when he can't find a personal reason for living, he simply focuses on the basic instinct of survival. No matter how bad things get, he vowed to always find a way to live, despite his close calls with killing himself.

Personal Strengths:
    1. Veteran Soldier: Due to Carver's many year's as a Soldier, he has grown very strong, and tough. Able to bench 1000 pounds and squat 2000 pounds he has reached his peak physical condition. He is also very durable, able to shrug off major wounds on his body and grit his teeth through pain that would put others in a severe state of shock. By implementing his ability as an Air Bender this makes him surprisingly quick and illusive. His can also fight for long periods of time before feeling any sense of fatigue.

2. Experienced Hunter: Carver has also practiced in Hunting for a long time. This has given him great abilities as a tracker and has fine tuned his sense's to detect some things that others could not. This had made him a fantastic shot with his bow and arrow, letting be able to hit a target right in between the eye's from 200 yards away. This experience also has made him a great survivalist and an expert with a knife.

3. Martial Art's: Through out his entire life Carver has learned and honed his abilities in martial arts. Through his abilities as an Air bender he has learned how to fight extremely well with his bare hands, a knife, and his bow and arrow.

4. Air Bender: Carver is a naturally gifted Air Bender who uses his Air bending abilities in a very unorthodox manner. He uses his Air bending abilities to manipulate the trajectory of his arrows, letting them curve, twist, turn and flip and his wills it after firing. By using the same principle of the "Wind Sword" air bending technique, his manipulates the air around his knife to extend to cutting range with tightly concentrated amounts of air that bundle tightly together to act as a near invisible extension of his knife. The only giveaway of this move is the shimmer in the air that surrounded his knife, and the shimmer that continues to extend the reach of the blade.

Personal Weaknesses:

1. Short Fuse: Despite Carver's record as a soldier and has a Hunter, he has never taken care of his anger problem. He get angry quickly which can cause him to make bad judgement calls and bad decisions in the middle of battle. This makes him very susecptable to taunts, often getting angry from a simply taunt from his enemy which can cause him to act out with out first thinking.

2. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Carver's PTSD can get to him sometimes, it causes him to have flashbacks, hallucinations and horrible nightmares. This is more of a social impairment, it causes him to be far more distant to others or less cooperative.

3. The Mission Come's First: Carver's loyalty as a solider can be a huge flaw at times. He always puts the mission in front of others, he will sometimes deny helping others and not care for those in need. If he has a mission, he will often do whatever it takes to complete it regardless of the consequences.

4. Traditional Air Bending: While this may seem like an odd weakness it is a problem Carver has. He finds regular air bending far too gentle and dancy, it doesn't get right to the point of dealing with your opponent. This limits Carver's abilities as an Air Bender as he won't often use Traditional Air Bending unless he absolutely has to.

Hamartia
    : The first weakness, if you taunt Carver, he will come after you, no matter what.
    Personal Hero: Carver's Father: Jecht
    Dreams and Ambitions: To try and make up for all the bad he's done.

Likes: Hunting, Fighting, Drinking, Polishing his weapons, His privacy

Dislikes: Taunts from others, his PTSD, People who act like he does, pizza with olives, squirrels.

Brief History:

Early Childhood and Teens:

Carver was born in the Air Temples. He was a big child growing up and was always the muscle head of the bunch. As he grew Carver was the rebel of the Air Bender's. He was taught well by his master but gave only poor displays of his own Air Bending ability as a result. He never wore the monk uniform properly due to his desire to be different, and when he trained he always focused on the fighting end of Air Bending rather then the spiritual side and the mental side. He developed himself physically instead and didn't care much for air bending. His Father, Jecht always nagged him about needing to be a better Air Bending just like he was, while his Mother tried to so the same thing but used a more gentle approach. However Carver had seen Earth bender's and how they fought, he thought they were a lot stronger when he was a child, he saw them as being "Way cooler!" So he took more time in training his body.
    As he grew up though, around his teenaged years he learned an important lesson about how being an Air Bender meant so much more then just knowing how to fight. He learned when his master pitted him against a boy that was half his size, but a much more experienced Air Bender. The boy effortlessly defeated Carver whereas ll he was able to manage grab the boy's wrist for a second.
    After this event Carver began to train in Traditional Air Bending, in which case he eventually was able to become a master at it. However he refused to get the tattoo's, claiming that he still had a little bit of that rebel gene in him.
    Were this anybody else his master would have not declared him a master, however the man had a deep respect for Carver and instead gave him the title of master without giving him the tattoo's. Shortly after this the Air Temple had a celebration for him and deemed him a special student as he achieved the rank of master at the age of 16. It was around this time that he met his future wife Terra.
    After the celebration, Carver's mother, Ayame went to take him out hunting. Carver's mother was an expert hunter, whereas Jecht, Carver's father was a master Air Bender. It was after his training as an Air Bender that the two parents decided they would let Ayame train Carver in how to hunt. It was during this training that Carver was given the large knife he uses today. It was also during this training that Carver met Terra.
    It was after Carver had become good enough to do hunting assignments on his own. One day while he was hunting a bear that he had been tracking for sometime now, he ran across a woman that had already killed the bear and was about to skin it. Carver's short temper caused him to come out through the forest yelling, he protested that he was hunting this bear for a while now, while Terra just laughed at him, telling him that it took her no time at all to find it. After arguing for a short while they then decided to compete against each other. Whoever caught the most game within a week would win.
    It was during this time that Carver and Terra became close friends, spending a lot of time together, which eventually lead to them deciding to go out on dates with each other.

Young Adult:
    At age 18, Carver had become an expert hunter like his mother, he and Terra were also now together at this time. It was during this time that Carver decided that he wanted to become a soldier. Around this time was also when Carver become an expert martial artist, being able to use the practical abilities that come with being a hunter, while also using the skill of Air Bending martial arts, coming together to have a light, yet vicious form of combat. So while the Air Temples were mostly peaceful, they did have there own brand of military. So Carver enlisted into the Air Nation Military, where he learned how to fight with the intent to kill, and the military tactics that came with being a grunt solider.
    Terra at this time stayed as a hunter, running a shop that sold hunting supplies and equipment. Carver excelled in the military division, quickly ranking up and becoming a Commander. However the Air Nation Military was so small and poor, that it wasn't long before Carver wanted to join a bigger military. The Earth Nation Military.
    He had a talk with Terra about moving over to the Earth Nation, somewhere in Ba Sing Sae, living as a high ranking soldier while sipping fine champagne in a mansion that overlooked a waterfall where the sun always rose and set. At first Terra was indecisive, being an Air bender herself she always favored home, and had lived there for all her life. However she did love Carver very much, and thought that this was the man she would marry very soon. Carver felt the same way.
    So once they got enough money, Carver and Terra decided they would live together in the Earth Nation city of Ba Sing Sae. They went to there parents with these hearts desires and were able to convince them to letting them go. Both of there parents didn't resist much anyway, they were very happy for there children.

Life In Ba Sing Sae:
    So once in Ba Sing Sae, Carver joined the military there. He was an Earth Nation soldier at first, doing simple grunt work, helping with small battles between mercenary's or terrorists. The terrorist organization in particular that Carver was always assigned to help fight against was a rebel battalion of Water Bender's. The battalion was lead by a man named Osmund who was a blood bender. Carver was often sent to battles that took place between Osmunds men and the Earth Nations defenses. It was a small thing that took place within the Earth Nations history so it was never anything big that would be mentioned in the history books.
    During this time, while Carver's life was always on the line, his skills truly showed how great of a soldier he was, he was getting promoted quickly, and becoming the talk of the other soldiers for his great skills and increasing number of medals. It was during this time that he and Terra got a place together and they lived in the First Class section of the Earth Nation. They didn't end up living next to a waterfall but they did have a pond filled with fish in there backyard. Life was going great for them, they spoke to there parents often as well, telling them of there time in Ba Sing Sae and how great it was. Naturally, It didn't take long for Carver to propose to Terra. She said yes, and they got married. Carver ended up becoming a Dai Lee Agent, a very odd one at that since he couldn't even earth bend, however his skills with Air Bending were more then enough to compensate. Since he was a Dai Lee Agent now, Carver and Terra had a child together, with all the money they had they could give this child everything.
    Carver was a man who lived a hard military life, but a loving wife to always come home to who was with child.

Adult:
    Laguna was gonna be his name, Laguna Carver was going to be the name of there son. Carver and Terra both thought of the name together. It was during this time however that Carver was started to deal some heavier things at work.
    He was given interrogation and torture assignments to any of Osmunds captured soldiers, Carver was also sent into more risky missions, one's where his life was far more at risk then before. Yet the Earth Nation thought was good timing since he was going to be a father soon, he would fight for his life more, and be more inspired then others to stay alive. So this was when he was given more traumatic missions. One's where the mission always came first and he had to kill those who got in his way. He was even at times ordered to kill family's just simply because they were loose ends. Carver always thought his family, his son that would be coming soon, he told himself that he would do whatever it takes to give his wife and his son and good life. He didn't care what would happen to him, just so long as Terra and Laguna were happy. It was in succeeding in these missions that Osmund began to notice the Dai Lee Agent that continued to kill all of his men. Osmund eventually set out to figure out who this man was, as well as the others that were continuing to kill his men.
    It was when Carver started to become a bit more short fused as well as angry and distant that Laguna was born. Although he did have problems with how he acted, Terra and Carver were able to work it out. Once Laguna came, Carver did his best to be the best father he could be. However every time he would be gone for weeks at a time on a mission, it was hard for him to keep in contact with his family, he had to let Terra raise him mostly. Although Terra knew Carver had to be gone for a while sometimes, at the same time Carver's behaviour became less and less excusable. After long days at work he would frequently vist the bar and spend more time away from his family then he did with them. Whenever he did come home, he would often have an argument with Terra. Carver tried his best, but juggling his military life and his family was hard. He found it easier to just keep on doing missions for his family rather then actually be there for them. Terra saw how he was changing and always fought with him to get him to come back. However over time he became more and more distant from them.

Late 20's:
    Now Laguna was 7 years old, and Carver was now a high ranking Dai Lee Commander. Terra and Carver would fight almost on a daily basis however, mostly about Carver's behaviour, while she tried to help him, she could see his life in the military was starting to change him. She tried to help him, however with him being gone for so long, she could never take enough time to help him get better. Carver wasn't totally gone though, he would call often, speak to Laguna on the phone, ask him how school was and tell him to listen to his mother. Talking to Terra was difficult, however whenever Laguna came up they were always able to work together on helping Laguna grow up right. Laguna played soldier like his father sometimes, Carver however told Terra that he had to get that out of his head, and never become a soldier or even think about it. Whenever Carver was able to come home, he and Terra usually were distant from each other. They were both faithful to each other though, because Carver was going to work on getting a long 2 month vacation where he could spend time with his family and repair the broken bonds he had with his family. It was this vacation that held Terra and Carver together, because they knew that once they had this vacation that they could fix everything up and bring the love and passion back into there marriage. It was during this time however, that Osmund was close to being found and killed, however, after years of careful research, Osmund was able to find the men that were responsible for the deaths of his soldiers, one of those men being Jack Carver.
    It was during a mission where Carver and a handful of Dai Lee agents had to perform an assault on one of Osmunds strong holds that Carver saw too many men were being killed in the attempt and they were losing the battle. Carver was told to keep fighting despite the inevitable loss that would come if the kept on fighting. Carver told the general that the men were spread too thin and they needed to retreat, however the general ordered them to press on. Carver felt all the times Terra had told him that he was changing, and had become a hollow shell of a man. Carver was sick and tired of being a failure as a husband, so he disobeyed the general and ordered the men to pull back. This decision however was the beginning of the end for Carver.
    By disobeying a direct order, Carver was punished and sent on patrol duty of a Earth Nation Stronghold outside the borders of Omashu. It was this patrol that cost Carver and his family the vacation time they so desperately needed. It was during the patrol that Carver received a call from his wife late at night, she complained to him about what he had done, and how he missed calling for his sons bedtime. Carver didn't dismiss her but rather just told her he had heard this a hundred times. It was when Terra made a comment on how she "Raises there son on her own" that Carver told that maybe that wasn't such a bad idea. Indicating that maybe they should take some time apart. It was shortly after this that the call was suddenly dropped and a loud explosion went off on the strongly hold. Carver wasn't able to call his wife, and shortly after the explosion he was attacked by Osmunds soldiers. Being held captive by them, they told him how Osmund himself was at Carver's house right now, and was doing many nasty things to his wife.
    In a fit of rage, Carver broke free from his captives and killed them before rushing over to Ba Sing Sae. He didn't think he had anytime to call for backup to go to his house, instead he rushed in on his own. Once he got to his house however. It was night, and his house was almost pitch black. Right as he opened the door he was suddenly attacked by a black figure with a knife. He quickly pulled out the knife and caught the attackers weapons, taking the person down to the ground quickly. Right before Carver was about to stab the attacker, a small bit of moon light revealed it was Terra. He quickly stopped himself from stabbing her. Osmund however, was right in the house with them. He then used his blood bending to slowly force Carver to push the knife down towards Terra's body, while holding her in place in the process. With all of his strength he tried to stop himself, however the knife slowly came down slowly. Terra who was being forced to stay in place told Carver to continue on living, no matter how much he would cry, no matter how hard it got, just keep on living. You can put the blade to your throat if you want, but just don't cut. No matter what you do, stay alive. Those were the only words she could tell him before the knife that Carver's mother had given him now pierced Terras gut. At this moment Osmund released control from Terra, in which she was able to life her weak hand up to cup his cheek, and pull him towards her, telling him that she loved him before kissing him. She died shortly after. Carver wanted to cry, however he was interrupted by Osmunds laughter, asking how it felt to see the one's he cared about dying just like how he did, Carver turned his head to see Osmund, with Laguna laying down beside him, lifeless and limp.
    It was then, that Carver's rage took over, and he attacked Osmund, there was a short battle that took place, however Carver was able to defeat Osmund and kill him.

Present:
    Carver now mourns over the loss of his family, yet continues to live on just like he promised. He had tried to kill himself a few times now, but he never followed through. His father has since then died from illness, an illness which his mother is sick of and currently bed ridden. Carver continues his life as a soldier, still finding something to hold onto in life. He still visit's the graves of his wife and child every once in a while. Only time will tell where he will go next.

Last edited by Jack Carver on Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:44 am

Flash bombs do not exist in this world and neither does camo clothing. Besides that everything else is fine.
Back to top Go down

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Flash bombs I'm cool with editing out. I rather like the pants though, could I add it in as a custom clothing? Something that Carver had made for him at some point?
Back to top Go down

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:03 pm

That works, just the technology time period is like the 1300's.
Back to top Go down

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Alright I'll remember that, edited out the flash bombs and just made a simple reason for the camo pants.
Back to top Go down

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jack Carver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Carver   Jack Carver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Carver
Page 1 of 1