Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 am

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:
"Do not forget the ties of family, or the ties and responsibility."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou
"Follow your instincts; always. Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth. Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro
"More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left. Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well. Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins. For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji
"Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions. You choose your own course in history, and in life. Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important. Only that you lived life according to what you want. Anything extra is a bonus."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu
"The bells of the Gion Shoja temple echoes the impermanence of all things. The color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth, that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. This is true of both good and evil, remember it well."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi
"Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King. Don't forget to live life. Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy. Your happiness is paramount. Don't forget that."

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o
"You intrigue me child..."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II
"You...must remember to always...defend what is...right. Your family...your friends...if...they stand in your way...if they betray you...you must bring them to...justice. Do not show...pity. Do not show...mercy. You must do what...must be done...for the sake...of peace. Have strength...be...strong. The bonds of blood are...easily broken."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I
"I was lucky to survive. Do not rely on luck to survive though. You should rely on skill and confidence in that skill. If you lack confidence your enemies will consume you. Do not give up; press the attack. Always extort as many opportunities as possible from them. Do not give up and you will win. Oh and most important...always trust your friends. Your friends will support you when you cannot even support yourself. Friends are important; good friends are everything in this world"

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan sat there, cross-legged in the murky darkness of death. He noticed that with each visitation from his ancestors the time he spent unconscious lessened significantly each time. Now he was blacked out for barely the length of a blink. Things were coming to Owlan; knowledge and realization. It was the knowledge of centuries, millennia. Knowledge and memories since time immemorial. From people he did not know, did not recognize. These were the combined memories and knowledge of his predecessors.

Owlan's, Raijin's, Kagutsuchi's, Susano'o's and....the first Spirit King. He had a name though...a life...memories. His father...brother, Katsu...Avatar Katsu, the first Avatar. Emperor Katsu, the first Emperor. From Nippon. Kumoji; that was his name. Kumoji. Interesting he--Owlan was not able to finish the scanning of his memories. He looked up and saw Honno-ji, the ancient Fire Lord, and second longest ruling. He was well into his 100s before he passed on. The Fire Lord ruled for 81 years, surpassed only by his father who ruled for 90 and originally preceded by his grandfather who ruled for 80 years.

Both men had children incredibly young; though not Honno-ji, for he had children young--well, younger than his predecessors at least. It was his grandchild who eventually succeeded the throne. Kouzai I. Honno-ji was old but not too old. Again, as he appeared in his prime. He looked down at Owlan, who gave a respectful bow and stood up with a new grace and ethereal manner than before. The powers of the Spirit King were slowly starting to cling to him. Owlan was slipping deeper into the point between the worlds. The plain of existence between both, the veil. The Spirit King existed in both realities at once, and that is what made him so powerful.

"Honno-ji," said Owlan respectfully as he bowed. Honno-ji returned the bow. "O Great Spirit King," he replied, "An honour to meet you...I had heard only legends in my day. The worlds were not yet one; it was my grandson." Owlan responded, not alone, but perhaps guided by the voices of the former Spirit Kings. "He was wise, and by bringing the Spirit World and myself closer to the Physical World, has helped it more than he knows," responded Owlan.

Honno-ji smiled with pride. Honno-ji had purportedly always been close with his grandson. Owlan was touched to see it was true. "What advice have you for me, Fire Lord?" asked Owlan calmly. Honno-ji nodded and returned to his staunch, level-headed gaze. "I warn you, nay, I beseech you. Do not take for granted everything you cherish. Do not wait too long to realize that you have everything you could ever need. Family, friends. It matter not. Companionship is all you really need. Cherish those around you while they live, and when they go they will never leave. Do not wait until you are as old as me to realize how much people should really have meant to you."

Owlan bowed. Respectfully thanking the Fire Lord for his time. These meetings were short; very short. To the point of being unbelievably so, but such was the way the Gods had willed it, and so Owlan would not complain. Honno-ji returned one last bow before disappearing back into the darkness and the fog, and Owlan returned to his seated meditation and rumination. He was becoming one with his new identity. The World Soul was opening to him.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 am

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:
"Do not forget the ties of family, or the ties and responsibility."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou
"Follow your instincts; always. Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth. Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro
"More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left. Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well. Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins. For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji
"Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions. You choose your own course in history, and in life. Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important. Only that you lived life according to what you want. Anything extra is a bonus."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu
"The bells of the Gion Shoja temple echoes the impermanence of all things. The color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth, that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. This is true of both good and evil, remember it well."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi
"Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King. Don't forget to live life. Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy. Your happiness is paramount. Don't forget that."

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o
"You intrigue me child..."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II
"You...must remember to always...defend what is...right. Your family...your friends...if...they stand in your way...if they betray you...you must bring them to...justice. Do not show...pity. Do not show...mercy. You must do what...must be done...for the sake...of peace. Have strength...be...strong. The bonds of blood are...easily broken."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I
"I was lucky to survive. Do not rely on luck to survive though. You should rely on skill and confidence in that skill. If you lack confidence your enemies will consume you. Do not give up; press the attack. Always extort as many opportunities as possible from them. Do not give up and you will win. Oh and most important...always trust your friends. Your friends will support you when you cannot even support yourself. Friends are important; good friends are everything in this world."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji
"I warn you, nay, I beseech you. Do not take for granted everything you cherish. Do not wait too long to realize that you have everything you could ever need. Family, friends. It matter not. Companionship is all you really need. Cherish those around you while they live, and when they go they will never leave. Do not wait until you are as old as me to realize how much people should really have meant to you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

More and more, the memories of past lives filled Owlan. Memories and feelings and thoughts. Owlan's personality was becoming altered by the World Soul that resided within his chest. More and more was he becoming the Spirit King, and less and less the original Owlan. Parts of him, the important parts, were still there, but his staunch nationalism, his express care for his country became muted. Replaced by a desire to protect all the world. Not just a single nation or people.

Owlan's demeanor upon meeting Fire Lord's calmed. He became more aware of his status, and thus greeted each Fire Lord like an old friend, not like one subservient to them. Each ancestor recognized this in Owlan, and approved. They bowed to each other, Owlan and the Fire Lords, and would begin their brief conversation before moving on. It had become normal.

Between conversations, Owlan meditated, and realized he existed between all planes of existence and worlds at once. Physical, Spiritual, Living and Dead. Owlan was in all of them at once. His eyes could see all. Both eyes saw Spiritual Energy in all its forms, but his right eye could see the Physical World for what it was, while the left eye saw the Spirit World at all times. Owlan learned what the Spirit World truly was.

It was not a separate plane of existence, but it was the Physical World. Or at least, the Physical World as it would be without the influence of humanity. The Physical World if all Spirits had remained in control. It was the world as it was supposed to be. How Spirits preferred it, and why they preferred to remain there primarily. It made sense when Owlan thought about it.

Owlan's meditations were interrupted by the arrival of another Fire Lord. This time, perhaps one of the most influential Fire Lords until the arrival of the Kouzais. Fire Lord Zuko himself, scar and all, stood before Owlan in his prime, in his youth, as he would've appeared to Aang and others who knew him when he was helping them defeat Ozai. "Spirit King," bowed Zuko respectfully.

"Fire Lord," returned Owlan with a low bow. The two straightened and looked at one another, examining each other. Before the time of Kouzai I, the Spirit King was but a myth, a legend no one was sure was real, only because the Shadow Lands had not yet existed. While the Spirit King was an accepted fact in Owlan's day, in Zuko's, it would be the equivalent of meeting a god or spirit. Zuko was honoured, but not so long as to forget his purpose.

"I bring knowledge and wisdom," he said finally with a small smile, "It is simple information, but invaluable nonetheless. Do not let your lineage, your predecessors define you. Do not seek others approval of yourself; simply be who you are. And above all, remember that your family does not define who you are, or will be. That works both ways though...as I'm sure you've seen with our lineage."

Owlan nodded. He knew full well what Zuko meant. The two bowed once more, bid farewell, and Zuko faded away as Owlan returned to his meditation and self-exploration into his new after-life.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2