Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_vote_lcapThe Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_voting_barThe Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_vote_lcapThe Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_voting_barThe Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 5:27 pm

The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] Nobuta11
Crown Prince
Sei-i Taishogun of Nippon

"Fate is in heaven, armor is on the chest, accomplishment is in the feet.
Always fight with your opponent in the palm of your hand, and you won't get wounded.
If you fight willing to die, you'll survive.
If you fight trying to survive, you'll die.
If you think you'll never go home again, you will.
If you hope to make it back, you won't.
While it is not incorrect to consider the world uncertain, as a warrior one should not think of it as uncertain but as totally certain."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nobutada stood in his private quarters just outside the Yari Drill Yard. The Yari (spear) soldiers were practicing their spear drills and formations and strategies.

All Nobutada could worry about though was his brother's replacement. Two months ago his brother, former General Fujiwara no Nobushige, had been discharged, honourably, from the army after a two year tour of Nippon.

He had been returned home to rule Yamagata Province from Ember Island.

The two brothers had made great headway in Nippon these past two years. They had been an unstoppable team on the battlefield.

And now, his brother was being replaced.

Some General Timbly.

He sounded colonial, he sounded old, and he sounded uptight and annoying.

Nobutada already knew he'd have to chase this General away, or demote him within a month. He was going to have to fight to be heard by this stuck up, arrogant old man.

Nobutada gritted his teeth.

His jaw tightened.

He was already annoyed just thinking about it.

He checked the spinning of mass of gears and dials that was the clock on the wall. The general was due in a few minutes.

He'd best not be late. Nobutada's patience was thin as it was.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 1:42 am

Corrina trekked across the drill yard. It was her first time on the island. Nippon was a strange place. It had that same Fire Nation, no, wait, Sun Empire vibe to it, but it was definitely unique in its own way. There was a distinct culture here, one that she knew she'd have to learn about if she would be spending an extended period of time on the island.

She tugged at her new uniform. It didn't feel quite right. It was weird, having the title of General. She'd received the letter informing her of her promotion a few weeks previous. That very same letter also informed her of her relocation to the island of Nippon.

She'd landed on the island the previous day, having found decent housing for her brother. Connor didn't mind the move too much. He'd grown accustomed to moving from place to place ever since Corrina assumed custody over him after...

Corrina shook her head. Now was no time for such thoughts. She was to meet her new boss, and while she was familiar with speaking to people of higher rank and working with different commanders, the man she was going to meet was different. He was the Crown Prince, Nobutada. And he had a reputation that far preceded him.

Crown Prince Nobutada. Being in the military, it was impossible to avoid talk of the prince who fought and conquered everywhere he went. Of course, Corrina knew that not all the tales were true, and that every story was a bit...exaggerated. But she did know one thing: Nobutada was somebody you did not want to piss off.

She stopped in front of the tent she was told to wait in. A council tent, where she would later participate in various strategic discussions. It was a war tent. Corrina looked around one last time, looking at the men training with their spears. She glanced at her own spear, fastened to her back. Subconsciously, her right hand began tracing spirals on her thigh.

One of the guards at the tent entrance looked at her questioningly, but chose not to say anything, recognizing the authority she held from her uniform. Taking one last deep breath, Corrina opened the tent flap.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 am

Crown Prince

Always fight with your opponent in the palm of your hand, and you won't get wounded.
While it is not incorrect to consider the world uncertain, as a warrior one should not think of it as uncertain but as totally certain."

The tent flap moved.  Nobutada sighed a sharp exhale of breath.

"General Timbly, I presume?" he started, his back to the General, "I was beginning to think you weren't coming.  I don't know how they do things in your colony, but in the military fashion is superfluous, and fashionably late is use--"

Nobutada turned around and was faced, not with a wrinkly, stuck-up old man from the colonies trying to play politics, but a well armoured, and armed, young woman.  Buxom.  Quite a looker too.  With red hair like the blood Nobutada had seen spill from the innocents in the streets of towns and villages in rural Nippon during a demon attack.

"I...you..." started Nobutada.

God you look like an idiot.  He thought to himself.  Tighten your jaw and remain the dignified prince you are.  Father would never approve of your gaping hole of a mouth, you halfwit.

"Apologies, General Timbly," continued Nobutada, "Please, sit down. Tea? Food? I can have my attendants bring anything you require."

Nobutada shuffled over to his desk and searched through the piles of reports and logistics to find Corrina's transfer.

Shit.

Female. Right there under sex. How the hell did he miss that?

"It says you transferred in from the mainland. The base on Yashima. How is Admiral Furokawa? How was your trip?"
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Corrina crossed her arms. She could already tell she wasn't going to like this prince.

He was rude, with a huge holier-than-thou attitude. Corrina was a farm girl from a small village. Obviously, he'd read up on her, and was treating her like her former station would have permitted, rather than her current one.

However, she couldn't resist smirking at his reaction. It wasn't the first time she'd been mistaken for a man, and she was confident it wouldn't be the last. Her arms remained crossed, and she watched in amusement as the prince tried to collect his thoughts.

Her smirk faded as he tried to be polite. Not this again...

"Look," she interrupted, "I appreciate the effort, but I'm not some high-class lady. I am a soldier just like everyone else here. I do not expect any special treatment just because of my sex, sir. I trust you would feel the same way with your royal status? Or do you enjoy having people treat you like a prince instead of a military leader?"

Corrina fell silent, letting him think. Was she making a poor first impression in front of a prince? Perhaps. But she didn't get as far as she did by being pampered and waited on. She fought hard for her position, and she intended to be treated like it.

"Admiral Furokawa is fine, finally recovering from a nasty flu that left him bedridden for a few days. And as for my journey, it was fine, I suppose. I arrived on the island yesterday with my younger brother and spent the last day helping him get settled in his new apartment and learning his way around town. I apologize for being so late, and I assure you it won't happen again."

Corrina had to remember that he was her superior, and a prince to boot. She had to be more careful of what she said in the future.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Crown Prince

Nobutada nodded. "I wasn't offering because you're a woman. I offered because it's what I do. It is polite." Nobutada's temper started to flare and he calmed himself.

He couldn't let this woman get the best of him. She assumed he had treated her nicely because of her gender...not because he was being friendly. Yes, her being a woman had thrown him off, but only because the gender had been put down wrong on the application for transfer, likely due to a clerical error on behalf of the pencil pushers in the capital.

"I am glad the Admiral is feeling better," Nobutada answered, turning back towards the map of Nippon, "I'm glad the lateness will not happen again. Because we'll be shipping out tomorrow. Tell me, is your brother capable of caring for himself for long periods of time, or will you be bringing him with us?"

Nobutada was serious, but not mean.

"We'll be going to reinforce the temple of Ankoku-ji," explained Nobutada, "My sister and many Shrine Maidens are being surrounded and attacked by demons there. We posted a small company of a hundred men there to defend them...the demons have near slaughtered them all. They dare not touch the sacred ground, but they grow brave."

"The Shrine Maidens have done their best to combat the demons but...well, time is of the essence. When can you be ready to leave?"

Nobutada placed his hand on his blade and shouldered his rifle. He turned to Corrina with a serious look in his eye. "We cannot let Ankoku-ji fall, General Timbly. The Shrine Maidens are allies...and the holy ground is a good resting place on the path to the east. We'll need it for the grand march!"
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:19 am

Corrina sighed, her shoulders sagging. "My apologies, sir. I've reached a point where It's difficult to discern the difference between prejudice and genuine chivalry. I meant no disrespect by my comment." That had always been the truth. Women had been in the military for years, but it seemed that there was always a bit of...discrimination. True, men were naturally stronger on average. But that didn't mean that women couldn't be stronger than men, something that Corrina fought to establish.

She looked at the prince curiously. He seemed easy enough to talk to, though he had been a bit brusque when she'd first entered. He seemed to talk before thinking. As far as looks went, he was quite handsome. He exuded authority and regality, simply in the way he carried himself.

She blinked a few times, realizing she was staring. "My brother can take care of himself. He's almost old enough to enlist now, actually. He should be fine here on his own for a while."

Corrina thought about the debriefing carefully. In her time in the military, she'd seen many things, but never had she heard of demons. She would have laughed at the notion, if not for the rumors that Nippon was home to demons and the deadly serious look on Nobutada's face. This was no laughing matter.

Corrina noticed that she'd been subconsciously drawing spirals on her leg with her right pointer fingernail. She abruptly stopped, clenching her fists and looking at Nobutada, determination written across her features. "Sir, I'd be ready to leave at this very moment if you asked me to." There wasn't a shred of doubt in her voice. She was ready for whatever Nippon held in store.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Crown Prince

Nobutada didn't wait for the General to leave to get his swords from the nearby stand.  He placed them in his belt, tied the saya around the cloth sash of his armour so they were fastened properly.  Katana hilt higher than the wakizashi hilt.  Tanto already in his robes beneath his armour.  The hilts were centered to his body.

His katana was three inches larger than the standard issue blade.  A rare, expensive and well crafted Dotanuki, from Sanuki Province smiths.

Known as horse cleavers, the extra reach, slightly thicker blade made of a higher quality, lighter iron-spiritum steel hybrid.

They were thicker to be able to cut through the legs of a cavalry charge.  Longer for better reach against your opponent.  But lighter weight so the extra length and thickness didn't throw off the balance.

It was said a dotanuki could cut through nearly anything provided it was well cared for.  To be fair, Nobutada had once cleaved through the breastplate of a Daitengu before.

Hopefully he would never need to again...it was hard enough the first time.

"Good, then go get yourself ready.  Full armour, any arms you carry.  Bring a pack, one single pack, of personal supplies and personal items if you require them.  But no more.  The stable should have a horse ready for you, and they'll have it packed and armoured by the time you get there," explained Nobutada as he got read, "I'll explain more about the mission on the road.  You may ask more questions then.  Dismissed General Timbly."

With that, Nobutada walked over to his repeating rifle and revolver and grabbed them.  He slung the rifle over his shoulder and holstered his revolver before charging out the door towards his stable.

He burst through the doors, and his black warhorse was readied, armoured, and saddled.  Nobutada thanked the stable boy and mounted his horse, charging out to the drill yard of the fortress to rally his soldiers.

They were already waiting, rank and file, ready to march.  Officers on horses.  Soldiers and flag bearers and drummers and flutists and attendants.

The crimson banner of the Second Army flew high, and the war drums and trumpets sounded the preparation to march.   Four thousand men had been gathered to rescue the Shrine Maidens of Ankoku-ji, with another four thousand standing in the wings on reserve, in case reinforcements were needed.

A small fraction of the quarter million soldiers stationed in Nippon, but enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Corrina didn't bother responding to the prince before leaving the tent. Her own wasn't far off, due to her position. She'd stopped by before visiting the prince in order to drop off anything she didn't need to carry around camp with her. Now, however, it was time to suit up.

Her new armor felt just as foreign as her uniform. She was sure she'd get used to it with time, but for the moment, it was different and a bit uncomfortable. She gripped her spear, naturally holding it at the two specified hand points. She sent a surge of electricity through it, watching with a smile as the spearhead lit up.

She slung it over her back, sliding two concealed daggers into her armor. She hadn't brought much with her, and as a result, didn't have much to bring into battle. She put a water pouch and a bit of food into a small pack and slung those onto her back as well.

Then she set off for the stables.

The stable boy seemed confused at first, not recognizing her when she walked it. Once he registered her rank as represented by the armor she wore, he directed her to her horse.

"Right this way, ma'am."

"Thank you..." Corrina waited for the young man to say his name.

"Peter, ma'am."

"Peter. Thank you."

The boy nodded and walked off to assist others.

Corrina looked at her horse with a grin. He was a tall dark stallion. He was almost all black with the exception of a bit of white on his neck. He wore a protective suit of armor, and didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he looked like he was used to it.

Corrina patted his muzzle gently in greeting before climbing into the saddle. She rode off, following the flow of soldiers to where she should meet Nobutada. As the second in command, she'd be at his right hand the whole way. She rode up alongside him, arriving just after he did.

She was impressed with how quickly the soldiers had assembled. She was used to soldiers taking a little while to get themselves organized. They were disciplined, sure. But they were still people, and many of them were young and green. Corrina could tell she was looking at a well seasoned army.

And she was going to lead them.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Crown Prince

Nobutada waited until Corrina was there beside him, alongside the rest of the Imperial High Command and the officers. Once they were assembled atop the dais before the assembled soldiers, Nobutada walked his horse forward, and began to speak to his men.

It was a luxury of time, a luxury he did not have. But he took. He needed to take it. Some of these men might not come back. Most of them had fought demons before...some of the men hadn't. All of the men were about to see brutal, bloody fighting. Some would never return home except in a body bag...some would not have enough left behind for the body bag.

These soldiers were ready to fight and die.

It was the least Nobutada could do to bolster their spirits and reassure them.

"We are about to charge on Ankoku-ji temple," he started, simply, plain. The objective was not a secret. "It is no secret that my sister, Kenreimon, is the High Priestess. Tending to the shrine while she's watching over the Grand Shrine here in Seian'kyo."

"Her, and her acolytes, a valuable part of our cause and our faith, are currently trapped in that temple with a small contingent of our fellow soldiers. Our brothers and sisters in arms and in country."

Nobutada inhaled slowly, and scanned the crowd. There was silence.

"The demons have beset the temple, hoping to erase the hope that these women bring to the soldiers and people of this land. The plague that is the demons seek to wipe out hope...because hope makes us fight! It helps us oppose them! These demons do not want to be weakened by hope...they wish to be strong. They want to see us as the weak ones, mourning and wailing over our lost hope...so that in our time of need, they can crush us and destroy all life."

"These demons seek to annihilate all life on Nippon, and eventually the world. But we are here, right now, today, and for years to come, so we can stop them! Because this is not their world to take! Our destiny is our own! And we will fight, if necessary, alone, if need be, for years, and for certain, until we win...or until the last man has died trying!"

Nobutada didn't expect a thunderous applause. But he was pleased with the cheers he got from the crowd. The cries for demon blood. The cries of war.

"So today, when we leave here to save these women and our fellow soldiers, we do not so for leviety or fun. We do so to rob the demons of victory...of satisfaction! We do so, to preserve our hope!"

"For the Empire! For Nippon! For Humanity!"

There was a cheer, and Nobutada signaled the war horns. They played the tune signalling a begin to march, and the soldiers, formed ranks and started marching from the compound.

As Nobutada left the compound, leading the army with General Timbly beside him, he turned to his left to see a small black pony, lithe and dark, fast and stealthy, pulling up beside him. It was Orow Rikken. A new recruit, and the best damn scout the Imperial Second Army had ever seen.

"What news, Orow?"
Back to top Go down
Loolaalee
Questmaster General
Questmaster General
Loolaalee

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Corrina nodded as Nobutada finished speaking. She found herself smiling in respect for the soldiers gathered before her. They, like her, knew the risks. They knew the costs. But these seasoned warriors were willing to die to protect their homes, their loved ones, their country.

Not too bad a crowd to hang around with.

As they began their march, Corrina rode at Nobutada’s right. It felt odd, riding at the head like this. Sure, she’d commanded troops before, but this was the highest station she’d held to date. And on top of that, she was not only at the general’s right hand but the Crown Prince himself.

She could just imagine her little brother teasing her. “Ooh, you got to ride with the Prince?” followed by him elbowing her in the side and wiggling his eyebrows. “Maybe I’ll get some royal nieces and nephews!”

“He’s the general,” she would respond, rolling her eyes. “And I’m his right-hand man.”

She could imagine them going back and forth like this for some time before eventually laughing about it together.

There was once a time when thinking of her brother while marching into battle might fill her with sadness as she realized the possibility that she might not come back. Nowadays, she put things up to fate. If she lived, she’d go home to a smiling boy with a bright future. If she died, he’d be well taken care of. He was old enough now to build a life for himself. She trusted in fate to grant him the life he deserved.

She broke from her reverie as she heard the rapid hoof beats of a smaller faster horse. She leaned back a bit to look around Nobutada to his left, where a scout had appeared to deliver his report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]   The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next