Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_vote_lcapA Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_voting_barA Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_vote_lcapA Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_voting_barA Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

A gray haired Earth King stood facing the Vermilion Dragon Empire palace. He gave a soft sigh and started to make his way up the stairs to the large doors. "Earth King," the guards said running after their king. The man waved them off saying, "It is fine," he smiled their way, "I can still handle myself and don't worry I trust the people here. We are living in an age of peace." The guards were still stiff, but they backed off and waited by the ornate carriage. Earth King Onao continued to walk up the steps and he was greeted with a bow from the guards. "Who is it?" the guard asked. Onao frowned and replied, "A delivery boy." The guard frowned and looked the king up and down. "You don't..." the door swung open and a fancy dressed man ran out. "That's the Earth King you dimwitted guard!"

The nicely dressed man led the Earth King inside the palace, but gave the guard a glare before the door shut. Onao always loved being in the Vermilion Dragon Empire because everything was so extravagant like those man's clothes for example. The only people dressed like that in the Earth Palace were the royal family and every now and then the nobles that would attend parties and Onao could tell this man was no noble. "Come with way," the man said taking the Earth King down a few halls, past the throne room, and a few shut doors.

"Where are we going?" Onao asked confused he was not meeting the Emperor in his Throne Room. "You will see," the man said grinning. They walked past beautiful pictures and open airways that led to small gardens. The Earth Kingdom palace was still larger, he thought grinning. The man stopped and Onao quickly stopped almost running into him. "The Emperor is in there," the man said opening the door and soon Onao knew where he was. The smell of old books hit his nose and his eyes fell upon bookshelves lined with books. He ran his hands along some books and sighed softly. He continued to walk and stopped when he saw the Emperor standing over a table.

He bowed to Eldunar and said, "Greetings," he looked around, "you know how to please a Peng." He chuckled at his joke and spent some time looking at the books and once he was done moved to the table. On the table were papers, maps, and open scrolls and books. He did not care about that, but he did care about the map of the world. "You wont be able to please my son this way though," he said ashamed. Onao picked up a book and explained, "After generations of Peng's on the throne he is the only one who does not like to read. Even Lu II liked to read and we try not to speak about him." He put the book on the table and sighed softly. There were many other matters about his son that troubled him.

He looked up at the Emperor and said, "Let me tell you why I am here." He smiled to himself and continued, "I know that what used to be the Elemental Kingdom rightfully belongs to the Earth Kingdom because we did heal it and make it anew, but I am unable to keep up with it." He sighed softly and sat down in a chair. He continued, "I can't keep up with it," he said tired, "it's too much for me to handle. Would you accept it? As a gift?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Eldunar smiled as his old family friend appeared in the Imperial Archives. "I'm sure we can appease your son with our weaponry," laughed Eldunar, "We have many new weapons we may sell to him and your nation. There's more than enough, and we're willing to share." Eldunar then continued to browse the shelves, "This Library holds the history of my family and the nation," explained Eldunar as he sat at the desk, bringing a few books with him "It is the Imperial Archives. It is illegal to desecrate these--no matter who you are. Penalty is death by burning and or slow cutting. I think that is partially why these archives have lasted so long." Eldunar slid a book to the Earth King, "Every member of this family is required to submit a journal of their lives upon death," he smiled, "This one belonged to Fire Lord Kouzai the First--he speaks highly of Lu the First."

Eldunar the straightened up in his chair and continued, "Anyway, I apologize for digressing," he chuckled, "I am turning into my brother. What have you come here for?" Eldunar waited for the Earth King to speak, listening to his pleas. Eldunar raised his eyebrows in surprise, "I'm sorry to hear about your country's current financial state," said Eldunar, "Not to doubt your wealth by any means, but it is unfortunate that it does not allow you to maintain your lands. But of course I would be more than happy to take control of this financial burned--I am bound by law to improve the Empire by any means. I shall consider this my improvement."

Eldunar smiled slightly, and let out a chuckle, "However, it would not do for me to be a leader and not try to negotiate for more," he said, "I do not intend to insult your offer by any means, old friend. However, perhaps we could work out an agreement to give me the other side of the desert as well? Split the canal half and half. We'll each profit from it. In return I shall send out my people to populate the former Burned Lands, and when the time comes I shall return both our half of the canal and the land you have given us at full economic capacity. I cannot run an empire as large as it shall become without an increase in economic fundings, and that calls for an increase of assets. Do we have a deal?
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

Onao cringed when he heard the words weaponry. “I assure you that won’t please him either,” he said sighing, “he is into science though and the arts. I would not be surprised if he takes an interest in them.” Onao’s eyes widened slowly when Eldunar explained what happened to those who desecrated any of the books in this library. Onao loved books, but that was a bit extreme. Many old books have been destroyed in his library. From carless servants to his children messing around in there if he acted the same way the Emperor did then he would have no more servants or children. Onao smiled when the Emperor mentioned Lu I. He has only heard stories about the man because any primary records were lost when Lu II burned down the library. At least the Emperor had this bit of information about his relative maybe there are more primary sources about Lu I in this library. Onao would love to look around it one day, but not right now. They were settling business.

Onao knew that the Emperor would happily take the land. He was worried about the state of the once humble Fire Nation. He fears that this Empire will be led to the death of many people. They were making weapons and weapons were only used for war. Onao wondered what the Emperor plans to do with all those weapons. He did not want to probe him though because it was none of his business. He did not chuckle when the Emperor asked for more. He figured this man would ask for more land. A younger Onao would refuse the offer and maybe even take back the gift of the Renewed lands, but Onao has changed. Ever since the war with the New World he has been different. He sat back and thought about the question. He was doing nothing with the land anyway and honestly the Sand Tribes were causing him more trouble every day. They wanted independence and some have reported to attacking caravans of Earth Kingdom merchants. One of the major reasons why Onao had the Canal built was to stop the Sand Tribes from attacking his people.

“We have a deal,” he said giving in to the offer. Onao needed this off his shoulders because he had other issues to deal with. The nobles of his nation were becoming unwary and talks of a coup were starting to surface. Every time Onao speaks with his advisers they just ignore it and figure the old king is starting to lose his mind. They blame the trauma from the war is starting to take affect and some are speaking about removing him and put the prince on the throne. Onao would not have that; he would rather die than have that happen. His son was not ready and he probably would never be ready. He still can’t even bend let alone lead a nation. “Do you have someone that can draw up a documents?” Onao asked. He had his scribe make a document, but he did not have the Sand Tribes in there. So they needed a new one mentioning the Sand Tribes.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

"I understand your worry about the weapons," explained Eldunar, seeing the fear in the old king's face, "Your face says it all. It was a policy made up by Owlan, actually. After the incident with the Genesis Cannon--I'm sure you remember what that did to the New World--he understood the dangers that an arms race could pose to the world, so he decided that every time we create a new weapon, we shall sell them to the other nations so that all may have access too them. This way no one has the upper hand, and we are not scrambling to out do one another--besides, it's just more income for our empire."

Eludnar let out a chuckle and then listen to the King as about the documents, "I have a scribe in the next room, he is also my chronicler," said Eldunar as he rose from his seat, "Jiro, please enter!" A short man in long flowing robes and a wicker basket over his head with several vertical slots cut into the front so slimly that it was impossible to tell if the man could see through them. Beads were draped across his body, large and bearing the writing of the Empire on it, each bead with a different message. A bamboo flute hung from his hip and his stomach bulged as a box with a clear scroll, an inkwell and a brush set there.

"He is the head chronicler," explained Eldunar, "Each bead represents a year of service to the Empire, and he has served for forty three years. He, like his order, are forbidden from showing their faces, which signifies their neutral point of view to our history. Each chronicle is disconnected from the person, and all that is known about them are their name. Jiro here has drawn up many notable treaties and charters in the past. He was the one who wrote the Three King Concordat which placed the Light and Dark States under our aide and control. He shall write up the treaty for this land acquisition."

Jiro bowed low to the grown and silently removed his writing utensils and scroll from the fold in his robes, then cleanly laid them out table between the two leaders. He wrote while Eldunar dictated the terms of the treaty, often pausing to get Onao's approval on the words written before continuing. "He takes utter care with his work, it's almost immaculate," said Eldunar in a tone that half explained and half admired the man, "They are trained from a young age you know."

Jiro silently pointed towards the paper--it was also forbidden for these men to speak. They only words they were allowed to say was through their brush as chroniclers. Their lives were devoted to the nation and its history. Eldunar read over the still-drying scroll gently, taking care not to touch it or lift it from the table. He then looked up at Onao with a smile, "You may read it through in its entirety," explained Eldunar as he pushed it carefully across the table, "And may sign it if you feel it is sufficient, otherwise we could have another draft drawn up. I shall sign after you." Jiro offered his inkwell and brush to the Earth King, waiting for him to read it and accept it.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

“A policy to make new weapons?” Onao asked very confused at the need to make all these weapons. “I do,” he said frowning slightly at all the loss of life and culture. He also lost some soldiers that were still stationed there; they did not have time to escape. He was forced to lie to their families and say they died an honorable death at the hands of the magicians. Onao then thought of all the culture they lost destroying the New World. They could have learned so much. Onao’s troops were only able to take back so much. At least they were able to save a few of the animals and plants that lived in the New World. “Not to insult you,” Onao said standing up, “but that is by far one of the worst ideas I have heard in my life. I still don’t see the point of building these weapons.” Onao wanted to say that the Earth Kingdom wanted no part in this, but if he didn’t get the weapon then they would be vulnerable against other nations. Onao figured this had to deal with money for the Emperor.

Onao looked at the oddly dressed man. He has always seen these people running around the palace and he has always wondered what they exactly did. The king nodded and listened to the Emperor explain this man’s role in the palace. “Ah,” he said and sat back down in the chair. The Earth Kingdom just had regularly dressed scribes write up their documents of course they were the best scribes in the kingdom, but they still dressed like a normal person. Onao nodded when the king mentioned what this chronicler did. “Then he has seen a lot of history unfold,” Onao said, “and he can’t even talk about it.” Onao was saddened by that, but maybe the man would be able to write out these historical events. Onao watched weary eyed and nodded slowly. “It does look immaculate,” he agreed.

Onao took the document and started to read it thoroughly. Like most of his ancestors he had a talent at speed reading, but still being able to understand what he was reading. He was making sure the paper was written properly and the words did not include anything else that the two leaders spoke about. He did not want to have anything extra thrown in there. Onao nodded and then said, “I also want the names of the cities in the Renewed Lands to stay the same. The major city is named Akio, and I expect it to stay that way. There is also a large amount of my people there and they will be given the option to stay or move. If they stay they are still going to be my people. You may have the land, but they will always be Earth Kingdom citizens.” He placed the paper on the table and the man went to add it in, but Onao stopped him. “You don’t need to include that,” he said, “I am sure the Emperor can live up to those terms. I trust him.” He took the ink pen and signed his name in agreement. He slid the paper to the emperor and sighed. He hoped this would not come back to haunt him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:25 pm

"All they see they write down; they are the neutral voices of history--as to assure that we may see all arguments, both for, against and neutral. Quite ingenious really," admired Eldunar as he watched the scribe write, "It was Tsukiyomi's idea. He had his order created during his reign--short as it was. He was a truly revolutionary man, my ancestor. But alas, I digress once more." Eldunar stood up and looked down at the treaty, reading it over again and then signed it.

"You have my word," he said, "The cities shall remain as they are, and the people are under your control--however I would like to offer them dual citizenship, the same goes for the Sand Benders. They may be your subjects, but I would like to allow the benefits that a dual citizenship shall provide them. Is that alright with you?"Eldunar placed down the brush and bowed slightly to the archivist. "You may archive this treaty," said Eldunar, "Unless the Earth King would like to revise it?"

Eldunar then returned to his seat, and pointed to the books he had given to the Earth King, "Also, could you grab anything you have on Earth Kingdom history," said Eldunar, "And give it to the Earth King. Also, fetch Shigeru; send him with the Earth King, and have him help the Earth King's scribes copy out the information in those tomes." The scribe bow and did as he was commanded. "You may take everything I am about to give you," said the Emperor, "My scribe shall help yours copy them out, so that even once you are finished reading them you may regain some of the knowledge you have lost due to...unfortunate circumstances. If there is one thing Owlan has taught me, it is that history should never be destroyed. By the way, old friend, you are always welcome here should the situation at home prove...unfavorable."
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 am

“I understand what they do,” Onao replied back to the Emperor. He just felt sorry for the man. There was so much out there in the world and he was stuck here making treaties and so on. Onao had many scribes so they were allowed to leave the palace and come back to work. Most of them had families to deal with and some even had a second job or a hobby to keep them busy, when they were not working of course. Onao thought about the offer of his citizens receiving dual citizenship. He rubbed his chin and just sat there thinking about the question. He tried to think how this can come up in the future, but he won’t be king by then. So it will be whoever is on the throne at the time. “Fine,” Onao said, “they can have a dual citizenship, but I assure you they will see themselves citizens of the Earth Kingdom first; no matter what you do for them.” Onao then stopped and figured his son would end up taking the throne. For a brief moment he felt sorry for his son, but then it slowly went away.

“I do not wish to revise it,” Onao said, “I trust you as a man of your word.” Onao bowed his head to the Emperor. “Thank you,” he said glad that something good came out of this meeting. His nation maybe in trouble, but at least they will be able to regain some history. He sighed softly and stood up. Onao walked over to a bookshelf and started to look at all the scrolls and tomes. Coming here reminded him that he must go and visit Dara soon. He had a feeling that he had to go and visit the spirit. He could not put his finger on it. Onao sighed and walked back to his seat. He sat down and said, “Such a glorious library.” One of Onao’s eyebrows lifted up when the Emperor said that. “What?” he asked him. What did he mean by that? He was slightly insulted by what the Emperor said. “I can handle any situation that comes to the surface,” Onao said calmly. “No matter what it is,” he said strongly, “I am a Peng and we never give up.” He pointed to the books about the Earth Kingdom history and continued, “These books are proof of that.”

Onao stood up and said, “I must get back to my kingdom.” Onao bowed to the Emperor and said, “It has been a pleasure speaking with you again. Hopefully we see each other in a happier occasion.” He turned and was about to walk out the library, but a few nicely dressed servants walked out the library carrying some books and scrolls. He looked back to the Emperor, bowed again, and followed behind him. Onao was actually happy to get out of the presence of the Emperor. As he walked down the hallway he started to worry about the state of the world. He walked out the palace and as he got to the nice looking carriage he looked back at the palace. He sighed softly and climbed into the carriage and once everyone else was in there they took off to his air ship. He had a long trip ahead of him.
((Do you remember those evil twins I made for the New World plot? Well I was going to say they both died in the New World, but I may have one of them live and show up soon. I may have the alive twin show up and kill the Earth King because they want to put his son on the throne and since the person was an advisor to Onao the newly made Earth King will ask that person for advice. Of course since Onao’s son is still young the advisor will manipulate the young Earth King.))
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Eldunar bowed lowly to the aged king, knowing how tightly the Empire's future relied upon the well being of him and his forebearers, "I did not mean any insult, my liege," he said humbly, "However, the invitation is still open--regardless of the circumstances. The same goes with the library; should you ever have need or want of any of our knowledge, only ask and it shall be done." Eldunar felt as if he had chosen his words poorly; as he so often did.

He was not used the orthodox and proper ways of a Vermilion Emperor, nor a Fire Lord. Eldunar had turned down the position of Fire Lord once and had just barely accepted the role of Emperor, only doing so to keep his brother happy and because Erolass and Naina refused to do it. Eldunar let out a small sigh, longing for his simple life as Regent Lord of Ember Island, where everyone knew each other and tact and orthodoxy were not issues in politics. The lords of that island were fat and lazy, and never on their guard. Eldunar could've tricked them into carry islands on their backs for eternity and the would not have noticed.

Eldunar bowed again as the King took his leave. The whole time while he sank back into his chair and continued his reading he could not help but wonder what Owlan would have done in that situation. He was always so much closer and personable with the royalty, and despite his many flaws they seemed to generally like him, some even going as far as to adore him--especially in the case of the former Light and Dark Royalty. But then again, Owlan had earned his status of respect, having won both political and military struggles at such a young age. He pulled the Fire Nation out of a downward spiral of pain and doom and brought them into a new Golden Age. Eldunar sighed again; wondering what he would be remembered for.

((That sounds fine :p lol the new land can be used as a battlefield in a future plot device for that. It'll be like the War of the Coalitions :p everyone trying to stop the Earth Kingdom from going bad :p Izanagi will probably return the land cuz Jinmu's gonna find a new small continent later on so :p))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))   A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting ((closed to Kouzai))
Page 1 of 1