Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Empty
PostSubject: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Kouzai10
Raijin Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
In my meadow of sinful thoughts, Every flower’s perfect...
I Pick my prey, in a wicked way.
God, I must confess... I do envy the sinners.

-------------------------------------------------------

Raijin lay on the bench, a piece of grass between his teeth and his legs on top of each other.  He was looking up at the sky lackadaisically, his hands behind his head, as if he had not a care in the world.  In truth he was waiting for someone, someone important.  His father, Spirit King Owlan, had asked him and his siblings and his cousins to complete a task for him.  If it wasn't for the sake of the world Raijin probably would've skipped out on it too, but this was too important to miss.  And even lazy, wise-cracking Raijin recognized when duty was more important than pleasure.

Raijin had used his skills as a tracker he picked up over the years from...friends...to help find the person he was looking for.  Enya Takamagahara.  In fact, it wasn't even that hard.  Apparently she was some big chief in the Sand Bender Clans.  The Takamagahara Clan too; which made it even easier.  Unfortunately, the big problem was how closed the Sand Benders were, and Raijin wasn't going anywhere near that desert without backup, AKA, the man he was waiting for.

Yurusu Kessho, Master Earthbender, and Order Member of Earth.  Owlan said he couldn't be missed.  He carried a big sword and used it often.  A man just like himself; Raijin quite liked the thought of that.  "So, how long do I gotta wait?" sighed Raijin under his breath, "Clouds can only entertain me for so long.  I've slept with all the girls in town--the pretty ones anyway...well...the pretty ones I like.  And alcohol before noon is just a pain later on."  Raijin sighed and closed his eyes, rolling over on the bench, as if to nap, and that was exactly what he was planning on doing.  Sleep was nice, and he got so few of it lately.

Between sailing and walking and camping and traveling.  And then there was escaping his siblings' watchful eye so he could meet up with Mai and Kai'liané.  The first one was his distant relative, a rogue Assassin and vigilante, but a good person none the less.  The other was a beautiful but dangerous femme fatale, and a wanted murderer, who used mind bending to control her victims to rob and kill them.  It was her his family did not want him hanging around, but she was beautiful, as was Mai.  Raijin just couldn't choose, and part of him didn't want to.  Raijin sighed again and let his mind go to ease.  He was determined to sleep no matter what.  Napping was good.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Yurusu11
Yurusu Kessho
Is it a sin to seek the truth?
How can blood be my salvation, and justify the pain?
I won't get lost between two worlds, though, for all I've seen,
The truth lies somewhere in between.

"Now! You have jobs to do, remember all I've told you and go forth. Complete your quests, return with your students and we shall meet again in my palace once you have. Please, time is of the essence, do this quickly, do this efficiently, do this discreetly--for we do not know who is watching us--and do this with purpose. Good luck."
Poof.

Suddenly, the same balls of light that had taken the order members to the spirit king in the first place assaulted them again, burrowing into their chests, dissolving their forms, and taking them to their destination. Yurusu stood on same stained glass platform as before, but there were no others here. It was only him, the platform, and the black abyss around him. Looking down, he could see that the platform was much larger, and had a MUCH different design, this time.
This time, the platform was in the design of Yurusu himself, in a sort of noble-looking position, looking upward. He had his sword in one hand, resting it on his shoulder, and a stone-cold, determined face. In each corner of this design were the four disciplines of the Earthbender- Rock, Metal, Sand, and Crystal. In the center, just under Yurusu, was a picture of the white lotus. Yurusu had to admit, it wasn't a bad likeness. However, he did not get time to admire it fully, as the platform shattered beneath him, indicating that he had arrived at his destination. He would never get used to suddenly falling, for what felt like miles.

Eventually, he emerged from the abyss, landing in a passing cart of hay. Emerging from the cart, he found himself at the gates to omashu, where various passerby passed by without a thought to the strange man who emerged from hay bales. Feeling a small lump in his pocket, Yurusu reached in, and found a small portrait of an eccentric-looking young man, with a spiky mane of black hair, with the caption “Raijin Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi”. He had to hand it to him- The Spirit king had tact.

Yurusu moved away from the crowds, and planted his feet, retracting the ground a bit, and then launching himself above the city. He made sure not to launch himself too high, for the sake of staying alive, but he managed to survey a good portion of the city, from only slightly above the rooftops. He saw a young boy, sleeping on a bench, who appeared to resemble his picture. At least, at a glance.

He reached for his sword, turning the hilt downward, and firing his arrowtail. The arrowtail, which was a sharp point, connected to a long chain, managed to penetrate a sturdy-looking overhang. Yurusu retracted it, the momentum causing him to loop several times around the overhang, before managing to plant himself on the ground.

His straight, jet-black hair had been matted down by the momentum, but was still complemented by his focused, steely grey eyes, and chiseled face. The beginnings of a goatee had sprouted, but the hairs didn’t extend away from his face. Rather, they merely covered the end of his rounded chin. He was still in his exercise clothes, as he hadn't had time to change- Leather combat boots, stretchable blue silk pants, with a center layer of platypus-bear hide, a dark-blue sleeveless, collared vest, and leather suspenders (with complementary iron spaulders), which held up a small piece of iron armor, that protected only his stomach region, though it also showed off his family’s insignia. Along with this, he wore two leather belts, and leather gloves.

Pulling the Arrowtail point out, Yurusu retracted it into his sword, the mechanism making a neat “click” when it had done it's work. He climbed over the building, and found the bench that the young boy was sleeping on. He casually jumped down, swinging off a flagpole, and landed face-down. He groaned inwardly- please let the boy be asleep. PLEASE.

Getting up, he approached the horizontal youth. “Hi, there! Would your name happen to be- he glanced at the picture, reading the name again. -Raijin Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi?
Back to top Go down
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7024957
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:30 am

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Kouzai10

Raijin opened an eye, and glanced up at the man who spoke to him.  He paused, and scanned him up and down, and then stood up.  Raijin stretched, "Raijin, please," he said with a yawn, "Just Raijin.  The last name is unnecessary--I'm a second son, you see, and worse off I'm the youngest child and the youngest of my cousins.  My last name will never matter for me because I will never get the throne or any royal position that is worth while other than Vermilion Prince--no would I care for any of that."  Raijin winked and laughed, then stood up and held out his hand.

"I am Raijin," he smiled, "Just messing with you--though please, just Raijin is fine.  I'll consider you close enough to me to call me that.  Besides, we're going to traveling together for a while, formalities went out the window a while ago."  Raijin shook hands with the man and then glanced him over again, getting a vertical view of him before speaking again.  "So you're...Yurusu Kessho? Did I get that right?" said Raijin, "You look much like how my father described you--mind you he didn't give me much.  Did he give you more than I got?"  Raijin laughed again.  Owlan was always very brief with many things; being rushed with his Spirit King duties and all.  But he hoped that in a situation this dangerous and important he would--for once--give a little more detail, to which he was once known for while he was Emperor.  Old age had not been kind to his father; old age and guilt.

"Come, let's get a drink," stated Raijin, as he pointed to a nearby tavern, the same one he was staying at, "I'll explain my progress in the search there. I think you'll find this quite the interesting little plot twist--I know I did, haha." Fuck upset stomachs and midday hangovers, alcohol was sounding good right about now, because sleep was no longer an option.  They were about to embark on a weeklong quest towards the desert and the Takamagahara Clan, not to mention the time it took to get into the city of Ima, let alone convincing the highly patriotic, highly prejudiced to Earth Benders, chief of the Takamagahara sand benders to become a Warrior of Earth and a student to the very thing she hated.  Life was complicated and ironic, Raijin had learned, and also sometimes very cruel.  "I don't care if you don't drink or not, mind you," added Raijin as he walked off towards the nearest tavern, "I do--heavily...don't tell my father, haha."

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 am

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) Yurusu11
Yurusu Kessho

The boy revealed that he was, in fact, the one Yurusu was looking for. “"Just Raijin. The last name is unnecessary--I'm a second son, you see, and worse off I'm the youngest child and the youngest of my cousins. My last name will never matter for me because I will never get the throne or any royal position that is worth while other than Vermilion Prince--nor would I care for any of that." he said. “That's a relief. Having to address you by your full name everytime I saw you would get tiresome VERY quickly.” Yurusu offhandedly remarked. “So you're...Yurusu Kessho? Did I get that right?” Yurusu nodded in response, taking the boy's outstretched hand, and shaking it.

Yurusu's grip was solid- that of an earthbender- and he made sure to keep it that way. There were those who distrusted those with a limp handshake.

"You look much like how my father described you--mind you he didn't give me much. Did he give you more than I got?" Raijin said, laughing at what was obviously true. "Just a name and a picture. Not unlike most dates i've been on...” Yurusu said, a wry grin on his face. The boy went on to invite him to a trip to the local tavern- now he was speaking Yurusu's language. If there was one way to Yurusu's heart, it was alcohol. "I don't care if you don't drink or not, mind you," added Raijin as he walked off towards the nearest tavern, "I do--heavily...don't tell my father, haha."

“Oh, you've nothing to worry about there, Raijin. In fact, drinks are on me; You wouldn't BELIEVE what they pay you, when they think you can help save the world. For the sake of the world, and the paycheck, I hope they're right.” Yurusu said. Of course, he was not merely in it for the paycheck, though, the money didn't hurt.

They arrived at the tavern, the “Rock and a Hard Place”. Yurusu nearly groaned aloud- earth kingdom taverns served the best liquor in the empire, but when it came to getting creative with names, you could find better ideas in the beer they served. Yurusu turned toward Raijin, briefly, but that was all it took. His eyes met Raijin's, and the poison in his system took effect.

As a teenager, he had been given a strange serum, which had profound effects on his brain. The first time he made eye contact with a person, he would experience a vivid vision of brutally slaughtering them. For Raijin, now was that time. Thankfully, the visions only occurred in Yurusu's head, and none of the actions he envisioned actually came to pass.

His right eye became bloodshot, and his vision clouded, replacing it of that of a darker Yurusu. In his vision, Yurusu punched the kid down, stabbing his massive sword through Raijin's ribcage, followed by stomping the ground, causing a pillar of rock to rise from under the boy's head, decaptating him instantly. Yurusu inhaled, relishing the feeling of the kill, and finally...

...came back to reality. The vision only lasted about a second, before Yurusu came to his senses. He felt a brief temptation to act upon his horrible vision- but he knew better. He wasn't that kind of person.

At least, he hoped not.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:05 pm

"Good, I'm glad," smiled Raijin as he learned that Yurusu, was in fact, a drinker, Drinking is always more fun with a partner."  With a smirk, the two entered the bar and inn where Raijin had been the past few days.  "A Rock and a Hard Place," quite poetic, but a little cheesy.  It didn't matter, though, the food was warm, the barmaids were pretty--and feisty--and the the alcohol was amazing, the local stuff was great, and the imported stuff was just as good.  It was truly a life Raijin would've liked to have lived.  He was, after all, never getting the throne, nor did he wish to hold titles other than the mandatory Vermilion Prince.  Maybe once this war was over, and his brother was on the throne, Raijin could move here to Omashu and live the rest of his life with the girl of his dreams...well, one of them.  Either Kai'liané or Leilani...right now, he didn't have the heart to choose one or the other.  Hell, maybe both could join him.

Yurusu and Raijin filed into a booth, and Raijin quickly ordered a Bourbon and Whiskey mix--just how his father used to like it...before the war, before he changed.  Raijin took a drink and began to speak, "So, I have found your student.  Enya Takamagahara--lemme tell you, finding information on her almost got me killed."  Raijin took another sip, okay well...a chug, as he drank down the rest of the glass, slammed it down on the table, and waited for a refill.  "She's a Sand Bender," continued Raijin, "Those people are closed off enough as it is, but this chick--" In came the refill, and Raijin took another sip, "--She's the leader of one of the 12 clans.  The Takamagahara Clan to be exact, and one of the neighboring clans she conquered a while ago--can't remember the name.  Long and confusing, but named after one of the gods like the rest.  Anyway, she goes by the nickname, Mistress of the Sands, apparently she's a damn good bender and a strong Warrior."

Raijin finished his drink again, and placed it back down on the table.  He moved it away from the edge, no longer wanting more.  All of a sudden his taste for alcohol was gone; perhaps it was excitement for the coming adventure, but he no longer felt like drinking anymore.  "Getting inside the Sand Bender Tribes are hard,", Raijin spoke slowly and carefully, hushing his voice so others wouldn't hear.  "They hate the Earth Benders, and outsiders in general, but Earth Benders especially.  As I'm sure you know, they feel opressed by the Earth King, and they feel like he treats them as a lesser people.  That the Earth Kingdom lays claim to their lands is an insult.  Getting you inside to speak with her is gonna be hard enough, but breaking to her that she--in fact--an Earth Bender, isn't going to make it any easier.  Especially when you tell her she needs to leave her people for a few years to train and fight this evil."

Raijin leaned back in his seat, and once he found himself comfortably adjusted in a new seating position, he proceeded to conclude his little speech.  "So, here's what I think we do," said Raijin, "My lineage, the House of Ezofuji, is supposedly descended from the god, F'yr, and they hold the gods and all those descended from them sacred.  This is why all of the clans claim descent from the gods whom their clan is named after.  As a Royal, and a descendant of F'yr, I can claim a diplomatic mission, and be an envoy from the Vermilion Dragon Empire, looking to increase trade and peaceful relations with the Takamagahara Tribe.  I'll get my uncle or someone to give me some official documents to authenticate this--worse comes to worse I can forge my brother's signature.  I've been doing it since we were kids, and as heir apparent whose taking the throne in a year his signature will weigh heavily on these kinds of documents.  We'll disguise you as my body guard, but you can't Earthbend.  If you do, you'll get us killed."

"You will be Yamato Takeru.  You trained with the Undead Samurai of the Spirit King, and are an envoy of the Spirit King, there to assist me in my mission.  You also wish to give the blessing of the Spirit King to the Spirit Temple by bringing to them Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi.  The legendary blade that was found inside of Yamata-no-Orochi's tail when the god, Sceter, killed him.  It's the blade usually given to and used by the Spirit Kings."  Raijin knew that Yurusu probably knew this already, as it was one of the stories told by the clergy of the world's religion from everyone's early days.  It was one of the first stories you learned while you grew up, even parents and nurse maids told it to young children to help them sleep.  "I do not have the sword, so we'll say that it's being sent by Owlan in a few days with a group meant to protect it.  That will give us enough time to convince her to join us.  Did you get all that?"  Raijin smiled happily, pleased with himself and his ways of planning things.  He had just come up with this last night over dinner, but it looked seamless now, and hopefully would hold up well in practice.  The only problem was that he didn't have the sword...only Owlan had that sword, and it was held by Spirit Kings.  He just hoped that the Sand Benders would by it, or the Order and the Warriors would both be short one member, and so would the House of Ezofuji.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Yurusu Kessho

They walked into the tavern, which did not disappoint to the extent of it's name. In fact, it was one of the finer taverns Yurusu had ever been in, second only to a joint in the capital city, named the “Jasmine Dragon”. They didn't serve alcohol, but the tea there was godly. He had once brought some of his own alcohol to add to one of their drinks, but he felt so bad diluting such a fine creation- gilding the lily, as it were.

They approached the bartender, and ordered their drinks. For Raijin, a Bourbon/whiskey mix. For Yurusu, a banana/mango/strawberry mixture, dissolved into 190-proof grain alcohol. A personal favorite of Yurusu's- It had the taste of fruit juice, with a near-instant drunken stupor. That is, for those who can't hold their liquor. One of the added perks of being immortal- Yurusu's liquor tolerance was near infinite.

Raijin began discussing their plan for infiltrating the sand village- who, apparently, strongly disliked the Earth Kingdom. That did not bother Yurusu, though. He had been born in a small village, which was isolated from Nations and Emperors. In fact, his only association with the earth kingdom was his ability to earthbend. Now, that's not to say he DISLIKED the earth kingdom. No, he very much respected the stalwart earthbenders, but at the same time, he knew that he could not be accepted as one of them, due to his mental condition. The amount of eye contact you'd have to make as a soldier- gods above, it'd drive him insane.

Furthermore, he was told that he couldn't earthbend. Now, that was crossing the line. Though, he DID know how to sand-bend, so he would not be completely useless. Still, though, sand-bending was so very tedious. Having to concentrate on every tiny particle, just to get anything to move. At least rocks came in one piece.

They were to assume false identities, in order to infiltrate the sand-bending tribe's....whatever their government was, and trick them into letting Yurusu's future pupil, Enya Takamagahara, leave with them, in order to save the world. It seemed like a shaky plan, the way Raijin explained it, though he soon flattened out most of the creases. “"ou will be Yamato Takeru. You trained with the Undead Samurai of the Spirit King, and are an envoy of the Spirit King, there to assist me in my mission. You also wish to give the blessing of the Spirit King to the Spirit Temple by bringing to them Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi. The legendary blade that was found inside of Yamata-no-Orochi's tail when the god, Sceter, killed him. It's the blade usually given to and used by the Spirit Kings.” he had said.

Once Raijin had finished speaking, Yurusu gave him a polite nod of acknowledgment. “Why don't we just tell them the truth? I mean, Enya's gonna find out who we are soon enough- especially, given that I have to teach her to perform a cultural taboo- why not just approach with no false pretenses? If they attack, we defend, and continue inward. There's no way they could know what we're after, without actually seeing proof of it. We could merely convince her of the necessity of our venture, though I doubt the tribe will pass up the glory that her participation in saving the world will bring.
Plus, when she returns from this venture- IF she returns from this venture- she'll undoubtedly reveal who we really were, causing even MORE friction between them and.... well, pretty much everyone else. What do you say?
Yurusu said, conceding the figurative floor to Raijin, and giving him a chance to speak.

Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Raijin listened to Yurusu attempt to justify being honest with the sand bender girl.  Raijin appreciated his problem solving skills and his ability to look at different angles, but unfortunately it was the wrong one.  The head on approach wasn't going to work here.  Raijin smiled, "Always the direct approach with you Earth Benders," he joked, "No appreciate for the subtle arts of lying."  Raijin sighed and rubbed his forehead and eyes heavily, tired from all this thinking.  "No, if we do it your way we'll be shot on site," explained Raijin, "Their culture is heavy in customs, and the worst is an uninvited, unannounced guest.  Especially an Earth Bender and his 'accomplice.'  I may live longer than you because of my bloodline, but you my friend...well, you'll be killed--I know you're immortal but I'm sure they have their ways too.  Even if they don't kill us, they definitely wont allow us in."

Raijin was trying to make Yurusu understand that the hard and direct approach of an Earth Bender wouldn't work anymore.  Now, especially now, they needed to be light on their feet and skirt around certain topics at the start.  "We'll tell her what she is, don't you worry about that," continued Raijin, "I never had any intention to not tell her.  But it cannot be in front of her own people.  Once they find out what she is, they'll ostracize her and have her put to death, and we'll be back at square one, looking for her reincarnation.  If we tell her to tell her people we're taking her on a diplomatic tour of the Empire, which is where we're supposed to be coming from, then we can take her, be on our merry ways.  Once the people find out that she's a hero, chosen by the gods, she'll be able to live there peacefully, but not before.  People are like that, proof and achievements are everything to them."

"I recommend you learn everything I told you and memorize it along the way to the Si Wong Desert," said Rajin simply, taking another sip of his newly brought drink.  Screw restraint and instinct, he was thirsty again.  All this talking was making him sober.  "I'm sorry to be frank like this, but its the only way," said Raijin simply, and with finality, "These people are nuts, so we need to be even more so."  Raijin wasn't bluffing, recently they'd been attacking caravans of supplies for soldiers and people living in the former burned lands.  Recently the Empire had returned the southern half of the Earth Kingdom to its proper owners after their 15 year lease and repair agreement ended and the Earth Kingdom was trying to reinstate its authority in the area.  People were slaughtered in these caravans by Sand Benders, then sent across the desert in pieces, or naked, in various states of deformation tied to the backs of angry buzzard wasps.  Villages were being raided too, with women and children being killed.  

These Sand Benders would do anything for amnesty, and they were proving it each and every day.  Hopefully this crisis would make them see how important they are to the world, while giving the Earth King and idea of how his policies have been affecting them.  His plans to develop the desert into habitable cities and trade points meant forcing the sand benders out of their ancestral homes.  Something that would cause a full scale uprising that wouldn't end well for either side.  The sand benders might die out, but the Earth Kingdom would collapse as its resources and time was spent fighting an enemy that feared not even firearms.  There was no way to fight bravery or fearlessness.  These people were all that and more.  Owlan had said a thousand times that he'd rather have 1000 Sand Benders at his back than 5000 of his own soldiers, because they knew no fear, only dedication and tenacity.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:47 am

Yurusu Kessho

Yurusu listened to what Raijin had to say, and came to a conclusion: This boy had too much experience with lying to be trusted, though Yurusu would still consider him a friend. Not TOO much of a friend, however. Perhaps sort of a mid-friend. Demi-friend?
My, this friendship stuff was complicated. Were there even levels of friendship, that stayed within the bounds of just being friends? What were they called? Where did it cross the line into “Best friend”?

Perhaps Yurusu would consider him an ally.

Yurusu's mind snapped back to the conversation at hand. "I recommend you learn everything I told you, and memorize it along the way to the Si Wong Desert." Raijin said. Yurusu felt his blood boil. It wasn't so much WHAT the boy said, but HOW he said it that had ticked Yurusu off. “Sorry, Raijin, but I can't, in good conscience, lie to someone- especially a whole nation of someones. There's got to be another way- one that doesn't involve lying. Besides, frankly, I doubt they'd believe we had the sword coming, even if we had a signed note with us. Not to mention that, unless we eventually managed to ACTUALLY PRODUCE the sword, we'll end up being relentlessly pursued by sand-benders. It's not like they'll just forget about it, when we leave.” Yurusu said.
Yurusu's stubborn mode had activated, and he refused to do anything less than the absolute most right-est (was that a word? Right-est? He'd have to look that up.) thing he could. After all, this wasn't just about saving the world- it was about saving it the right way. Inevitably, there would be stories told about this. If he DID intend to make history, he didn't intend to deface the sand-benders' already-waning public image. No, that would ruin any chances of communication with them.

“If you're afraid that they'll kill you, that's fine, I'll still respect you, if you feel that deception is the better way. But, to be frank, you underestimate my abilities. After all, if there was anyone better than me, THEY'D have gotten the letter, right? So, whether you're coming, or not, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna talk to them, and I'm gonna come back with someone to teach. And, whether or not I have to leave a trail of corpses is up to them.”

Following this, Yurusu marched outside, and retracted the ground, creating a small crater, and prepared to launch himself toward the desert. Yurusu's stubborn-mode had been activated, and the only thing that could switch it off was victory.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:01 am

Raijin laughed, time to scare the over-pompous Order member.  In all truth, Raijin respected his resolve and his ideas.  In any other time, they'd be useful and Raijin would've agreed.  But these were delicate times.  Nations were on the verge of collapse, Sand Benders were slaughtering anyone they could get their hands on.  Raijin had learned the hard way that politics was all secrets and lies, but that was no matter.  It was time to show Yurusu the cutthroat world he was part of.  Raijin placed his hand on his sword and looked at Yurusu, "I know what you are,", he said looking out the window, "Your little visions you have when you meet direct contact.  My father warned me, just in case...you don't want me to tell everyone would you?  I could make you an outcast.  Youngest son as I may be, my title and name still has power, and I will use it if I have to to take you down, or make you see the way this needs to be done....so....what'll it be?"

Raijin stared long and hard at Yurusu.  He hadn't spoken loud enough for anyone to hear. He didn't actually intend to do this to Yurusu, he liked the man.  But Raijin couldn't resist scaring him a bit.  Raijin suddenly burst out laughing.  He took a dagger from his belt, and slashed his hand open.  Then, he handed the bloody blade to Yurusu. "I swear on my blood and honour I shall get the sword," said Raijin calmly, "It's part of my father's plan anyway.  Look, I didn't want to worry you, but you need to know before we do this."  Raijin waited for Yurusu to sit down to continue.  It was time to warn him of the coming storm.

"Things are worse than we're letting on," said Raijin, "The monarchies are on the verge of collapse by rebellion--all of them.  And the Sand Benders...they've been killing anyone they can get their hands on.  They've slaughtered innocent villagers in the southern Earth Kingdom, just because they're Earth Benders and moving in on their territory.  They've been attack trade caravans and supply lines to the south, quartering bodies and scattering them across the sands and land on the backs of Buzzard Wasps in various forms of mutilation.  If we go there, if we're honest, even if they don't kill us, and we fight our way through and take Enya forcibly.  They will slaughter everyone and anyone.  The Sand Benders will know think the Earth Benders are to blame, and more will die needlessly.  They don't fear death, they will go down even if the odds are against them, and they will not go down until they've burned and killed as much as they possibly can first."

"If we sneak in undetected, take her and leave, they'll kill everyone and anyone they think are responsible.  If we tell her, and explain to them after, they'll have her put to death.  We cannot have any of that.  Bloodshed cannot happen.  The Earth Kingdom isn't strong enough....no one....we're about to fall, everyone.  If we can't do this, if we fail....we're screwed.  So horribly...horribly....screwed....."  Raijin's voice wavered and trailed off.  He didn't even want to think about what would happen if they failed, how bad it would be.  "I know you're not one of them anymore, Yurusu.  You may never have felt part of the Earth Kingdom," pleaded Raijin, "But if do you really want to see more innocent people die?  We NEED to lie like this, we have no other choice.  I swear on my life, blood and honour, I will get that sword and this will work.  If I fail, I will die the way disgraced warriors do in my land.  I shall commit seppuku, and I will die for my failure.  I am fully prepared."  

Raijin meant every word.  This needed to work, and this is how it needed to go down in his eyes.  He examined the situation, and while he may not be as strategic as his brother Izanagi, or as diplomatic as his sister, Alyssandra, he was damn well determined to find a way for this a work.  World peace was a good thing, and he was from the Ezofuji line.  They were dedicated to World Peace, every since Fire Lord Zuko befriended Avatar Aang.  It was his destiny.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Role-playmaster General
Role-playmaster General
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Yurusu Kessho

"The monarchies are on the verge of collapse by rebellion--all of them. And the Sand Benders...they've been killing anyone they can get their hands on. They've slaughtered innocent villagers in the southern Earth Kingdom, just because they're Earth Benders and moving in on their territory. They've been attack trade caravans and supply lines to the south, quartering bodies and scattering them across the sands and land on the backs of Buzzard Wasps in various forms of mutilation. If we go there, if we're honest, even if they don't kill us, and we fight our way through and take Enya forcibly. They will slaughter everyone and anyone. The Sand Benders will know think the Earth Benders are to blame, and more will die needlessly. They don't fear death, they will go down even if the odds are against them, and they will not go down until they've burned and killed as much as they possibly can first. If we sneak in undetected, take her and leave, they'll kill everyone and anyone they think are responsible. If we tell her, and explain to them after, they'll have her put to death. We cannot have any of that. Bloodshed cannot happen. The Earth Kingdom isn't strong enough....no one....we're about to fall, everyone. If we can't do this, if we fail....we're screwed. So horribly...horribly....screwed....." Raijin said.

Things were much worse than Yurusu had thought- MUCH, MUCH worse. He had no idea that the world was so close to collapsing... but, at the same time, he wanted to lie as little as possible. “I don't wanna lie to them.....” Yurusu said, looking the now-desperate Raijin in the eye, bearing through the horrible vision that accompanied it, and causing his eyes to appear steely, and determined.

“...we get the sword first. That way, at least we're MOSTLY telling the truth.”

Saying this, Yurusu's gaze softened a bit. Normally, he would have pushed the point further, but if his stubbornness to do good caused people to die, what was the point? “Where is the sword stored?” Yurusu asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)   [Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Plot Topic] The Prince and the Genius (Kouzai, The Great Redeemer and Lord of Mortals)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next