Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Story of Jay 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Story of Jay I_vote_lcapThe Story of Jay I_voting_barThe Story of Jay I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Story of Jay I_vote_lcapThe Story of Jay I_voting_barThe Story of Jay I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Story of Jay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

The Story of Jay Empty
PostSubject: The Story of Jay   The Story of Jay I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:22 am

I'm only going to post the first chapter, but here is the link

Chapter One: Denial

I was named after a symbol of greatness, the triumph of the districts, and a reminder of the dead. On the Twentieth anniversary of the Rebellion, a Capitol citizen named Noir Canttell waited peacefully as President Paylor addressed the Panem citizens. As Paylor began to speak of the sacrifice of those who had lost their lives in the Rebellion and their families, Noir Canttell aimed to shoot him in the head with a bow and arrow. Noir missed by nearly two inches and hit Paylor's shoulder instead. The arrest and trial of Noir alerted peacekeepers and Paylor's security team of a conspiracy to put Panem back to how it was before the war. Anyone who was found working with Noir was sentenced to becoming an Avox till death.

I had heard the story on the television days before my ninth birthday. After twenty years, the Capitol announced the worst news for Panem, my mother and father cried as the broadcast began to describe the new rules and how the Reapings would play out. At nine, I couldn't understand what would make my parents cry more than their nightmares, much less what they meant. My brother, Thrash, and sister, Primrose, stared at the television as the words began to sink in.

"There is no way!" My father yelled out as the television changed to the Capitol symbol.

"Peeta, what are we going to do? We can't run away for thirteen years!" My mother flew into his arms, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

"I don't know, I just don't know, Katniss." He replied as he began to rock her mother back and forth to comfort her. "Primrose, take Thrash and Jay to Mr. Haymitch's house, your mother and I will meet you there shortly."

"Yes, Father." My thirteen year old sister replied as she began to take my hand.

"I don't want to go over to Mr. Haymitch's house. He smells like old people!" I complained before moving back, hearing the phone start to ring. "Can we go somewhere else, please?"

"No, Jay. Daddy said we are going to Mr. Haymitch's house, now come on." Prim grabbed my hand before I could get away again and began to pull me outside as my father ran to answer the phone. "Plus, it's not nice to talk about him like that."

"Jay, we won't be there long, why don't you sing while we wait for mom and dad?" Thrash took my other hand and began to whistle beside me.

"I don't feel like singing today, will you sing for me?" I looked up at him.

"Sure, why not." Thrash smiled at me as we knocked on Mr. Haymitch's door. "What do you want to hear?"

"The meadow song," I looked up at him. "I love the meadow song."

Thrash started to sing as Mr. Haymitch opened his door and let us in.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes

And when again they open, the sun will rise."

Mr. Haymitch smiled and began to sing softly with my brother, a sad look still framing his aged face as we each made our way inside his home. Whatever had happened, whatever the television told them, wasn't going to be a pretty piece of news.

"Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you."

Thrash ended the song with his arms wrapped tightly around me as our parents burst through the door. "Haymitch, we have a plan. Can we contact Gale in District 2?"

"Of course, not like it's ever stopped you before now." Mr. Haymitch smiled and a flash of joy shot across his face. "The telephone is in the kitchen, I'll let the children in."

"Mr. Haymitch, let us in on what?" Prim asked, as she sat down on his couch. "We already know about the Hunger Games, what else is there?"

"Back before you were born, your father and mother fought hard against the Capitol and the Hunger Games. Many lives were slain in order to live the way we are today, and the Hunger Games were ended. However, the Capitol and the President have decided to re-start the Games. These Games sent 24 children to fight to their death for pure entertainment, and this time there will be 28." Mr. Haymitch sighed and looked over at my parents before continuing. "Every year, each District and the Capitol will send one female and one male into the Games. I hope and pray that you are never picked during the Reapings, but we can do nothing to stop that."

"Primrose, Thresh, your mother and I have worked out to send you to a friend of ours in District 2. Gale is going to train you so that you can be ready if somehow you have to go to the Games. Every year, you will go and train with him until two days before the Reaping, then you will come back to District 12 to participate in the Reaping here with us." My father looked like he was going to buckle under every word he said as we sat there.

Two weeks after the news broadcast went out; my sister and brother were sent to District 2 ahead of me. They trained with Gale and the other District 2 Careers, learning everything they could to stay alive. For every District and the Capitol, one female and one male would be chosen to compete in the Hunger Games until one victor remained. The names of children between the ages of twelve and eighteen would be pulled collected and two names would be picked from there.

During the year, my mother and I hunted in the woods. I was a poor shot and I had a problem with staying quiet, but she never seemed to mind. My father let me help him in the bakery to decorate the cakes and cook the breads. My classmates wouldn't talk to me unless they were pleading for m to have my parents put an end to the Games. Victors of previous Games and their families were given special privileges in the Districts, such as the unlimited use of the phones and two trips on the train a year as long as they had permission. As the Reapings grew closer, my classmates ignored me even more. The day before the Reapings, Thrash and Prim traveled back to District Twelve to join me and my parents.
Back to top Go down

The Story of Jay
Page 1 of 1