Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Peng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A Pilgrimage  89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4805)
A Pilgrimage  I_vote_lcapA Pilgrimage  I_voting_barA Pilgrimage  I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1345)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (956)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (699)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A Pilgrimage

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 pm

"Cannot believe I haven't though of this before" I said as I climbed the steep steps earth-bent right into the side of the mountains. I used the Earth kingdom staff as a walking stick as I climbed high and higher. In some was I lamented my choice. An airbender staff doubled as a glider and allowed for long periods of travel to be cut down considerably. This was meant as nothing more then a weapon and walking staff. Still it had been my choice to make and I decided this would be more useful on my journey.

As I looked ahead to the thousands of steps left to climb, the weight of my journies hung on my shoulders. I had trekked and swam, ridden and sailed to every nation and never once had I visited their avatar shrines. Ah, well. At least it gave me an excuse to return to the beautiful lands I had left behind.
Back to top Go down
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:30 pm

As I reached the top of the stair case I saw I was not the only visitor to this shrine. There were several Air monks their praying and meditating. Luckily I had my Earth kingdom cloak on slipped past them unnoticed.

As I entered the Temple I was astounded by the amount of statues in it. Hundreds of Avatars lay before me stretching up a vertical shaft some hundreds of feet tall. I stood in amazement wondering if the other shrines were just as grand.

Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Daisuke Mouse walked through the temple, taking in the art and sculptures around him when he noticed a newcomer. He smiled and walked up to the man. "Hello. You must be exhausted." He told him as he took out a bottle of water and handed it to him. Daisuke had made the similar trek to the top and then camped here, letting his body recover before looking around.

"When the light is green you go. When the light is red you stop. But what do you do when the light turns Blue with orange and lavender spots?" - Signals by Shel Silverstein
Back to top Go down
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Takumen turned the man and accepted the bottle of water, drinking it down quickly. "Thank you and yes I am." He said as he handed the stranger back the bottled and gazed once more upwards. "I've traveled from the Fire kingdom to the Northern and Southern water Kingdoms but I never even thought to stop at any of the Avatar Shrines." Taku said as he walked towards the statue of Ang.

Turning back quickly, an embarrassed smile on his face, he spoke quickly. "Sorry, how rude of me. I am Takumen, a pleasure to meet you." He said as he bowed to the generous man his closed fist pressed against his hand.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:21 pm

"Daisuke Mouse." Daisuke replied, bowing back by mimicking him. "Indeed, Aang was a grand Avatar." He took the bottle back and looked at the art around her. Daisuke looked up at the man, realizing that he was the same height as the man when he bowed. Pushing his shortness away, Daisuke smiled and tried to forget about it.

"When the light is green you go. When the light is red you stop. But what do you do when the light turns Blue with orange and lavender spots?" - Signals by Shel Silverstein
Back to top Go down
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

"My own lack of thought has lead me to this shrine, but tell me. What brings a man like you here?" He asked the man, glad to have someone distract him from the monks, whom he did not want to converse with. The monks were from his home and he'd do anything to have them not notice him.

It had been nearly two years since he had left but the memories of that night came back in a rush. The sounds of thunder off in the distance had been a great mask when he opened the two large doors of the monastery main hall. Absentmindedly he had grabbed this metal staff instead of one of the gliders, as if he wanted to throw off all traces of that place. Looking back on that moment he rolled it between his finger then turned his attention back on Daisuke as he replied.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Daisuke looked back at the monks and chuckled a bit. "They don't talk much to anyone." He told Takumen as he looked back at him. "I've been traveling and seeing how things have changed in order to change my brother's future. Figured Aang was a good start." Daisuke replied, looking up at Aang. He was surprised to find that Aang wasn't much taller than Daisuke when he fought in the 100 year war, but Aang grew to much taller than Daisuke. "Sorry, the height thing gets to me."

Back to top Go down
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:51 pm

"The monks taught us that the physical did not matter. that the smallest of opponents could prove to be the most fatal. How else do you explain a strong warrior being killed by a sickness?" He said quietly enough so that the monks did not hear him. "It is a proverb that has served me quite well" He said, massaging his left arm. Four months previous he had been in a scuffle with a group of bandits. The smallest and quietest of whom had nearly killed him, cutting his arm down the length with a knife.

Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Daisuke welcomed the proverb but wondered why the man had started to whisper. He thought maybe it was in consideration of the monks praying. He looked at the man as he massaged his arm. "Are you okay?" Daisuke asked him, trying not to pry into the man's personal life, but was concerned. Daisuke had loved his ability to get secrets out of people by acting as if he was not there, but now, he was in different territory. He was already socially awkward as it was, he didn't want to make himself be worse.

Back to top Go down
Takumen
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Takumen

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Drawing closer to the man, Takumen spoke in whispers. I was an apprentice at the Temple of the Western winds..." He began, glancing over his shoulder at the two outside meditating. I ran away from the temple after an argument with the head monk over what they had been teaching us. Since then, I like to avoid them at all costs if possible." He said, once again rolling the staff between his hands. If they noticed the staff, he'd be made and they would probably report his location to the head monks.

A Pilgrimage  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pilgrimage    A Pilgrimage  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Pilgrimage
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: 2014 :: March-
Jump to: