Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
A Forest Hunt 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
A Forest Hunt I_vote_lcapA Forest Hunt I_voting_barA Forest Hunt I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

A Forest Hunt

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Bailey walked along the Valley's tree line, searching for the nearest wildlife with her bow in her hand. Stepping quietly, she found a nice plump rabbit hopping away from her scent a few feet away. Pulling out a quick arrow, setting up and taking aim. bailey took in a deep breath before letting the arrow fly and watching it pierce the bunny. "Thank you, for you health." She told the bunny when she kneeled down to retrieve her arrow. Bailey jerked her head up at the sound of twigs breaking nearby, but couldn't see anyone. "Who's there?" She yelled out, making a couple of birds fly away as a bag fell over her head.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Okuninushi and Sakuyahime, twins from Omashu, had made the long stow-away trip to Nippon. The land where their ancestors had come from, and more recently, their parents. Their mother and father were long time residents of Nippon since birth. Originally poor fish merchants in the capital, Sei'an City. They left many years ago to come to the Six Nations, but their happiness wasn't to last. Shortly after birthing Sakuyahime and her brother, they abandoned them at an orphanage in Omashu where they spent their days until they turned 14. The two twins had returned home, however, to look for their parents. But they hadn't had much luck.

They had looked everywhere, and currently they were scanning Hana Valley for any signs of human life. It was said their parents used to travel here annually to fish in the deep gorge of the beautiful valley. But they saw nothing here but wildlife. Wildlife and demons, specifically imps, in this particular part of the region. They had plagued the land for many hundreds of years, but now they've been getting worse, and the northern land of Kamui, the land of the Oina Tribe, who specialized in hunting this evil--often traveling down to Nippon proper to do so--had cut contact with the mainland lately, withdrawing into their northern lands, meaning the demons only took this as a chance to run wild.

Okuninushi was getting tired of cutting through imps, but finally, he had a moment of respite. "So, sis, what do you think?" he asked, leaning against a rock. "I think this was a colossal waste of time," she sighed, playing with a flower she had found, using her nature bending to turn it into a walking being and causing it to bloom even more beautifully before. She loved her cherry blossoms, they were her favourite flower. "And these damn imps don't make this trips any easier," groaned Okuninushi rotating his shoulder. It hurt, as he had been swinging his sword around constantly for the past few hours. Suddenly, a muffled scream echoed through the valley, and Okuninushi knew his work wasn't done. Someone was being attacked by an imp or something. "Wait here!" he cried, rushing off towards where the sound was.

Despite his sisters protests, he was off towards the sound in a second. He dashed down the small hill towards the pools of water where animals rested--this was where the sound came from. There were a group of red and green imps trying to kidnap a young woman. "Hold it right there!" cried Okuninushi, dashing towards the woman, hoping to help her. But no sooner had he gone to charge in did he find himself flat on his butt as a black imp swooped in from above and knocked him aside. As he hit the ground, he saw Sakuyahime appear, using her nature bending to constrict the constrict the imps with nearby trees and protect the girl. Then, a few more seconds, and a tighter squeeze, and the imps imploded into a cloud of dark smoke. Their bodies hit the ground and blossomed into small patches of flowers that bloomed in place of blood and gore and flesh. Okuninushi stood up and dusted himself off, and watched as Sakuyahime helped the girl remove the bag from her head. "Are you okay?" asked Sakuyahime, helping the girl stand as well, "You were attacked by imps."
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Bailey worked to catch her breath as the bag was removed. She turned to look at the two people near her and almost fell backwards. "I..I think I am." She replied before moving to secure her bow. "Where did they go? Are they still here?" Bailey spin around a few times checking the surrounding area before turning back to her saviors. "I'm sorry, manners. I am Bailey."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 pm

"They are gone," smiled Sakuyahime, as she looked at the girl.  She seemed older than her, but that didn't mean the two couldn't get along.  "No thanks to my brother though," she giggled.  As usual, Okuninushi had rushed right in without taking a moment to think.  Not for lack of strength or brains, but just out of pure excitement and adrenaline. It was foolish, and it could end him one day.  But alas, what was Sakuyahime to do?  "Nice to meet you, Bailey," said Okuninushi, a wide smile on his face.  As if nothing had happened.  He held out his hand to welcome her, like he was just casually strolling through the woods and stumbled upon her.

"I'm Sakuyahime, and that's my twin brother, Okuninushi," explained Sakuyahime, rolling her eyes at her brother's moronic smile, "You can call me Sakuya, if it's easier, and he can be called Okuni.  We're from Omashu, how about yourself?  Are you a native here?"  Okuninushi scanned the girl, and suspected her to be from the Empire proper.  Her clothes were of the reddest red, and it was a well known fact that the Empire made the best red things--it was their colour.  "So what's someone like you doing in this forrest being attacked by Imps?" asked Okuninushi curiously, sitting himself on a nearby rock as he polished his blade, covered in dirt and mud from his recent attack.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 am

Bailey gladly shook Okuninushi's hand back with a smile. "Nice to meet you both," She replied looking down at her now muddy shorts. "I claim Nippon as my home, yes, but I am not from here. I was born on Ember Island." Bailey looked between the two of them before using her fire bending to warm the mud into dry dirt. She brushed herself off before looking back at them. "I wasn't trying to be attacked. I was hunting. The area around here is always so peaceful that if you are quiet enough, you can catch almost anything." Instantly she was reminded of her bow and reached behind her, not feeling the familiar weight on her shoulder. Her hand grazed the taught string and she relaxed, sighing as she looked to see the bow on the wrong shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Okuninushi nodded, "Hunting here wouldn't be hard," he agreed, "Though with the increased monster activity it's getting dangerous to go anywhere alone." Sakuyahime did everything she could not to roll her eyes. Because that was exactly what her brother had just done, gone off alone to go save this girl. Sometimes he was a walking contradiction, it was amazing how he got anything done. "We too call Nippon our home," smiled Okuninushi, "Though only temporarily. We're looking for our parents...but, so far no luck." Okuninushi's voice trailed off and he grew silent. He wondered if maybe his parents were dead, killed by the imps while traveling through the forests of Hana Valley or anywhere else in Nippon for that matter. This land was becoming a dangerous place, with more monsters and less monster hunters than ever before.

It was almost as bad as the Six Nations were becoming lately. The world was starting to be cloaked in darkness and it worried Okuninushi and his sister. "So what have you caught?" asked Sakuyahime politely, changing the topic and breaking the silence as quickly as possible, "Anything yet? Perhaps we could combine our foods and spend the night together?" Sakuyahime's first thought was on the encroaching sunset and the increased activity of monsters at night. Spending the night together meant they would be safe, protecting each other, and combining their food supplies for now would mean that they'd all be able to eat better than normal.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:15 am

Bailey listened as the twins talked with her, keeping a mental note of what they said in case she needed to remember it later. "Hunting is usually more fun with a bit of danger mixed in. I hope you find your parents, or at least what happened to them." She replied, sliding her thumb across the bow string, thinking of her own family before whispering to herself, "I would give a whole day of my life for one more day with them." Bailey looked back up at them when Sakuya mentioned about hunting. She pulled her game bag infront of her and looked inside. "Well, I have three squirrels and a rabbit. Would have had more if I could find the one I hit before getting attacked, but I can't remember where I was." She looked back up at them with a smile, proud of her hunting day.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:46 pm

"Shall we camp out together then?" asked Sakuyahime, "We have a small camp set up in a cave just up the valley there."  Sakuyahime pointed towards the top of a sloping hill on the other side of the gorge, where the mouth of the river was.  They had been here for days, and the small cavern they found up there--also inhabited by a harmless and sleeping bear they named Nemuri (which meant Sleepy in Nipponian)--and made it their own.  The bear didn't care, he was always sleeping, usually on top of a large, round stone.  How he managed to keep his balance while he was asleep amazed the twins, but they didn't question it.  In return for their stay the twins left him a fish or two every meal, and they kept disappearing so it seemed like he was eating them, just a matter of when was Sakuyahime's biggest question.

"It's not exactly a big camp," added Okuninushi with a wry smile, "But I suppose it'll fit us all.  Do you have your own camp set up?  We can help you move your stuff if you do.  It'll probably be safer in the cavern."  To this, Okuninushi was telling the truth.  These imps were growing bold and ruthless, and while camping in the cave they hadn't been bugged once.  It was definitely much safer than camping out in the middle of the woods where one could get attacked at random.
Back to top Go down
Bailey The Flamewarden
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Bailey The Flamewarden

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Bailey looked over at where Sakuya had pointed before nodding. "No, that's fine. I can get my bag." She smiled, picking up her game bag and backpack. "So, a cave? How do you keep warm?" She asked, as she started off in the direction of the cave. She wasn't sure about staying the night with them, but was thankful she wasn't alone again. Pulling out a squirrel, Bailey quickly fire bent it to make it edible before turning to share it with the twins. "Probably not what you are used to eating, but still pretty good." She told them, removing the fur and bones.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:07 pm

"We've had meat before," smiled Okuninushi, "We're Spirit Benders, and Sakuyahime is a Nature Bender.  She usually deals with the vegetables and fruits and stuff, and I'll use my bending to get the animals.  She refuses to use bending to kill them."  Sakuyahime thought the entire process of killing an animal was horrible.  She liked meat, but she didn't like killing animals, and interesting coincidence.  Perhaps it was her skills as a nature bender that helped her appreciate living things.  Which is funny because she always preferred plant life to other living things.  Ah well, her psyche wasn't important right now.

As the group returned to their cave, Okuninushi threw some fish down for Nemuri, pulling them from his pouch as he did three times a day.  The sleeping bear was still balancing on his round little stone, a leaf hat on his head, sleeping like no tomorrow.  "We use fire," explained Okuninushi, "There's a small hole in the ceiling, and the smoke goes out there, so it's not so bad.  We think this cave was manmade."  Okuninushi sat down, and together he and Sakuyahime began to start a cooking fire.  "So," started Sakuyahime as she worked with her brother, "Why'd you come here from the Empire?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Forest Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Forest Hunt   A Forest Hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Forest Hunt
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next