Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Random Celebration!(Open to all) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_vote_lcapRandom Celebration!(Open to all) I_voting_barRandom Celebration!(Open to all) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_vote_lcapRandom Celebration!(Open to all) I_voting_barRandom Celebration!(Open to all) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Random Celebration!(Open to all)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blossom Tree
Blossom Tree

Random Celebration!(Open to all) Empty
PostSubject: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:39 pm

The air smelt of Ginger Cookies and frosting. The night sky boomed with different colors and the sound of flying bisons. Cheers and laughter, music and the sound of air. Today was nothing special. Maeli made just enough to keep the Temples in good health, the Royal Funds helped rebuild new places and throw tonight's wonderful party. From her balcony Maeli watched with astonishment. On her palace's tile floors she watched people set up different varieties of art to show off. One was of a bison grazing, another was the Southern Temple and the last one she gazed upon was of a recent meeting of her and her councilmen. In the garden a few women performed an ancient dance. The kids were chasing each other and the animals that ran wildly.

"My Queen." A stern voice called out. Maeli turned around to see her tailor. She was a non-bending woman and was in her late eighties but carried herself as of she were young. Her narrow eyes had been painted blue, her face was painted white to hide some wrinkles. She wore traditional airbending garb except she had turned her into a fine dress. Maeli herself could not figure out of it would show disrespect or not but so far she has  had no complaints." My staff has created two different dress for you to choose from." The Older woman stepped aside as two of the Palace servants walked in holding neatly folded dress. They presented the first dress which was orange and decorated with the Airbending symbol. It came with a pair of pearl white sandals and a beautifully crafted necklace that had all types of small images like the bison, flying Lemar and what looked like a tiny monk. The second dress was orange also with a splash of red and gold, it was bulky and came with a pair of silver slippers, a gold chain and even a hairclip. She carefully examined the dresses before pointing to the first dress.

"It is a celebration of my element and people. The dress will make me a symbol, I also have the perfect tiara to match it." Marlo ran to a orange and gold chest, she opened it and pulled out a silver crown that could be seen through a silk white fabric. The silk white fabric covered her entire face.

After a servant properly put on her undergarment, Maeli shooed everyone out her room so she could put on her dress and makeup. Her long hair was put into a bun and weaved throughout that bun were gold streaks. Her shoes were last.

Maeli felt insulted when two bulky guards stood at her door. Do they not know who I am? Her face grew sour as she gracefully walked through the hallway. Maeli felt as of she could take care of herself! The guards were just a waste of money. Nobody likes a Queen that can stick of for herself; She needs to be wise and fragile so her kingdom and even others have sympathy for her. The monk that trained her's voice popped into her head. It was true too. If Maeli would remain the stubborn bull she once,was, nobody would pay attention too her. But acting as if she were fragile and small made people feel love for her. A Lemar can be as cute as a button but no one will want him if he's aggressive.

The ballroom was filled with important people and even non-important. As she took her steps down the long staircase, all eyes watched her with fascination. But others watched to hear a speech." I have only been a queen for a short period," Her voice was loud and seductive,"No one knows how long I will be here but for the time that I am, I will promise the Four Winds what they deserve!" The crowd went wild, they were just excited as she was."There will be no such thing as poverty as long as I remain, the temples shall be rebuilt into remarkable images! Our ancestors will be proud! Light will shine bright on us and our dreams of peace amongst ourselves will. Be. Fulfilled!" Maeli spread her arms out and smiled.
Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 am

Zesh had come to the Northern Air Temple on a social call more than anything else. He had many 'friends' all over the world, or rather many people who considered themselves to be his friends when it suited them. In truth most were people he'd met but a few times in his travels. Acquaintances at best. His sister was a friend. The pilgrims of knowledge he saw every year at the great spirit library, those were friends. The monk that had invited him here was an acquaintance at best and Zesh would usually have refused the invitation, but he was in the area, and he never missed an opportunity to visit the Air Temples. They were such fascinating places, so deeply rooted in the spiritual energies and origins of the land. There was always more to learn there, if not from the people then from the land, the architecture and the wild life. It didn't hurt that the temples were secluded and that here he could marry both his love of meeting others with his yearning for peace and quiet to study. He often wondered if one of the Air Temples wouldn't be an ideal place to live out the rest of his days, but every time the thought of settling down occurred to him he always realised he had so much more to see, so much more to discover. He couldn't afford to stop. No. The desire, the need, the addiction to travel was rooted too deep in these old bones of his to stop, not now, not tomorrow, not ever. He'd die on the road. There was no point kidding himself or sugar coating it. He'd made his peace with the fact long ago, but it was always a shock when his subconscious decided to slap him out of his dreams of a peaceful death in a cozy bed with the harsh truth of reality.

As per his own handicap he was sitting a ways away from the crowd. His mangled leg prevented him from joining in the hustle and bustle, the chance that he would fall and be trampled in the crowd was too great a risk to mingle. Not without someone to look out for him, and seeing as the 'friend' that had invited him was nowhere to be seen Zesh had no intention to wade through the sea of people. Plus he stood out like a sore thumb in this crowd. Everyone was wearing robes of orange and white, celebrating their culture, displaying various ostentatious ornaments openly displaying the sigil of the winds and by contrast he cut a rather stark figure in his beaten and worn travelling clothes. He had refused to wear his own formal outfit which was more suitable to official occasions than festive ones with its dark dress tunic and crisp white shirt. Still, he wished he'd had something a little (or rather a lot) less worn than his travelling garments to cover himself. He didn't mind the mildly disapproving looks and the muttering in his back, he was too busy scribbling down notes on he dances and customs on display, however the more he observed the more he realised he was breaking some sort of unspoken tradition, and that he didn't like. Traditions were to be cared for and respected, not trampled and ignored. Of course following traditions blindly and without understanding was just as foolish, but still. He really wished he had some orange to wear. Even a sash would have done the trick.

He was drawn out of his reveries as the crowd seemed to converge on some point further up ahead, the people forming a dense wall with their bodies as they tried to squeeze as close as possible to whatever it was they were admiring. A couple of kids rushed over to the bench he had occupied, scrambled up on the seat and tried to peer over the adults' heads for a view.

"I can't see, even from here. We'll never get to see her at this rate," a small boy complained. He couldn't be older than six. The little girl who had tagged along with him was probably a year or two younger. Probably siblings looking out for one another.

"But I wanna see, I wanna see! She's supposed to be so pretty, and in a pretty dress," the girl whined, her voice trembling as though she were about to cry in disappointment.

The sight of the two children took him back to so long ago when he was roaming the lands of all the nations with his sister, learning and healing wherever they went. He often missed those days. Travelling alone was undeniably lonely.

"Maybe I can help you two out," he told the kids, putting his journal down on the bench, closing it on his pen so he wouldn't lose his page as he rose to his feet (or in his case foot), leaning heavily against his cane. "Get on my shoulder, there's one for each of you conveniently enough," he added. The two kids looked unsure at first, but he boy took the first step, scaling the old man's back, then standing on his shoulder. Once he was up he helped his sister to reiterate his feat.

"I see her! I see her!" the little girl shouted out in excitement, bouncing up and down.

"Hey settle down up there would you," Zesh growled, but far more gently than even he would have expected. He had a rather tough upper body, years of amputating and leaning on a cane and generally having to rely on his arms due to his mismatched legs had made him so, but still he was just human, an old human, and the kids' excitement was wearing on his aging bones. Hearing the complaint the kids did settle down, but now they just spoke in hushed excited voices. "Kids these days, no respect for the elderly," he muttered to himself, more in amusement than in rebuttal though. He'd always been one to challenge his elders, the way he saw things it was healthy. Plus if you never challenge what is established how can one ever hope to innovate?

"I have only been a queen for a short period. No one knows how long I will be here but for the time that I am, I will promise the Four Winds what they deserve! There will be no such thing as poverty as long as I remain, the temples shall be rebuilt into remarkable images! Our ancestors will be proud! Light will shine bright on us and our dreams of peace amongst ourselves will. Be. Fulfilled!"

A noble huh? And a queen? Great. Fabulous. He was wrecking his back and his leg to prop up two kids so they could see a queen. What was peoples' obsession with nobles anyway. They all chirped the same tune about wanting peace and equality and richness and no poverty for their people. When it came down to it though they alone had those things and yet they still managed to squander them with uneventful and usually useless lives in comfort, growing fatter and older and dumber. Then again people in general were just as bad, few were willing to grow a pair and follow their dreams rather than follow whatever path their parents or society had paved out for them. In an odd, practically absurd way Zesh respected warmongering tyrants more than peaceful rulers. He didn't like them any better, but he did respect them for trying to do something. Those who promised peace and prosperity always eventually failed and had to resort to charisma. This lady, whoever she was (he had to admit he had been profoundly uninterested in politics and had not followed much of it in recent years) she made good use of her feminine charms though, he'd give her that at the very least, making the average man want her and the average woman want to be her. One of the best ways to make the masses think you loved them was to make them think they had a chance with you. A good tactic, unoriginal, manipulative and generally deceitful, but highly effective.

The kids, having seen what they wanted to see, leaped off his back and ran back tot heir friends, disappearing into the crowd. Zesh almost chuckled as he saw them scamper off, but a rough blast of pain stormed up his leg, making him groan audibly in pain and fall back on his bench. People were too busy with heir queen to notice though, and he preferred it that way. There was little they could do to sooth him anyways. Gritting his teeth as he waited for the pain to pass he re-opened his journal and once again went to work on the notes held within. He didn't have all night to mull over his general dislike of nobles, he had work to do. Or was it leisure? When it came to knowledge the two were indistinguishable to Zesh.
Back to top Go down
Blossom Tree
Blossom Tree

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 am

What was now a crowded stairwell soon cleared as Maeli's foot stroke the first step. People moved fast, everyone knee about Maeli's guards. They were not so much the friendly and peaceful air nomads like everyone else. You took a step towards Maeli without her even looking your way and their security became heavy. She slowly started to walk still smiling. But her smile soon faded as she saw a one of her councilmen. It was a party and she still couldn't get a day off? He smiled with two scrolls in his bony old hands . He was standing by the low table, the head, where Maeli would be sitting. She acted as if she did not see him and turned another way. But this sight wasn't better than the last. A crippled man in pain. Maeli swiftly walked towards him, he moaned but you could barely hear it over all the laughter and chattering.

When she was close enough to touch him he pulled out a book and began to right like nothing happened. This made her hesitate. Why was he so quick to write something down? Did this happen all the time? Maeli kept her thoughts to herself as she crouched down and put a hand on his shoulder. She smiled and softly whispered,"Sir, are you okay? Do you need a healer? We have a couple of waterbenders here if you need healing... They're students but still just as good."She still smiled warmly as she waited for a respond.

Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Zesh, as absorbed in his notes a she had a tendency to become, had not noticed or heard anyone approach him. He'd not even noticed that the crowd had inched closer to him, not out of a desire to see him of course, than it had been a few short moments ago. When he heard the voice it sounded to him as thought it was coming from a long tunnel and he barely even registered the question, it didn't help that he was being spoken at in a gentle and kind whisper. For some irksome reason it brought to mind how mothers spoke to their newborns, that mixture of over-protectiveness and caring which he found infuriating. He had learned to live with it though, people often had that reaction when they found he was injured.

"Sir, are you okay? Do you need a healer? We have a couple of waterbenders here if you need healing... They're students but still just as good."

He didn't look up at the speaker, his eyes sticking to his notes as he scribbled down a few more lines on his croquis of a particular Air nomad traditional dancing move he'd never seen before. As he put down the last few lines he pulled back the left sleeve of his pants, baring a couple of inches of his prosthetic wooden leg.

"I wouldn't exactly say I'm alright, but unless these students of your have learned how to regrow limbs from nothing you'll find them quite useless where I'm concerned," he replied distractedly. He still hadn't taken his eyes off of his notes to look at whoever it was that was worrying over him, but a slight concerted gasp from several of the nearby people prompted him to look up at the person speaking to him. 'What have I done to offend them now?' he wondered, putting his pen down onto his notes, but as soon as his eyes made contact with the woman he understood. He should have recognised the voice.

"Oh... Your majesty. How are you tonight? You honour me with your concern," his tone was curt, polite on the outside in great part thanks to his wording, but also hiding a very definite dismissive note and maybe even a tiny little hint of sarcasm at the end. More than anything else it was very calm, no excitement, no fear, no awe, he'd have used exactly the same tone with the most common of commoners. And why shouldn't he? She was a human being, he was a human being, she, the most common of commoners and anyone else deserved exactly the same amount of basic respect as human beings. If anyone wanted his awe in their regard they had to earn it.

"That was an interesting speech," he added, practically as an afterthought and stressing the word 'interesting'. He'd chosen it carefully. Not good, not bad, but interesting, and yet most would instinctively take that as a compliment when it could mean so much more. "Anyway, it's the care of a fascinating culture you've inherited, I wish you the best of luck on guiding it safely through the years to come. It would be a shame if these traditions were to be lost to the age."

He'd closed his notebook, his pen sticking out of it, neatly marking his last page. Zesh wasn't known as being the most polite of humans, but he was also aware that one had to be very careful with nobles, and especially with royals. They had a tendency to get flustered and wounded  more easily than others, and they had a nasty habit of parading about with armed men to pummel those who directed slights, real or perceived, at them and he was fairly sure that ignoring her to return to his notes wouldn't be the wisest of moves. Especially with a crowd of her adoring people surrounding him.
Back to top Go down
Blossom Tree
Blossom Tree

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Maeli straightened up, his wooden leg was heart-breaking but she was a queen not a all-powerful spirit who could fix it." I don't believe they can make you grow another limb but these students could probably numb it a little." Maeli smile was plastered on her face. One thing she developed from the monks is her rules on mannerism. He scribbled for awhile on his paper and at first it was fine when he didn't look up. But now as he talked to her and made no eye contact, it was becoming a but rude.

"I am good... you're obviously not from here." Her voice was still soft and warm. She didn't continue her sentence because she didn't want to seem rude. Air Benders aren't like the other nation, they're a lot closer than you think and frankly have better mannerism. Which is Maeli had to change so much. Most airbenders are humorous and (or) very respectable and although most people were in awe about the Queen, she was like family.

Maeli blinked twice fast when he strained on interesting. The lies people make. She thought to herself but her smile was still wide. The strain on interesting did upset her. Who wouldn't be upset? You make what you thought was a beautiful speech just to be silently bash. She did admire how his acting ability. If Maeli didn't remember how she once acted in the past, this conversation would've went right over head.

"Thank you... I would really love for the other nations to join in on my plans but they kinda sound soft." Maeli turned back towards the table."And make me look like a dipsy Queen." She mumbled under her breath.

Back to top Go down
PineApocalypse
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
PineApocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 am

He knew that smile. Zesh was infamous for his brand of brutal, unabashed honesty. He tried to coat it in politeness as best as he could when addressing nobles, for fear of losing another limb, or worse his head, but that didn't always work. That was the smile they gave him when they'd gotten a whiff of his critique, it was usually followed by a barely polite invitation to vacate the premises. And every time he found himself not really caring, they were free to take his words badly if they so desired, their inability to take criticism would be the root of their eventual undoing as they remained unchanging, failing to adapt. He would have dismissed this Queen's displeasure as flippantly, if not for her last words. She sounded so... sincere. He had seen more than his fair share of lying monarchs and nobles, men and women who had fed promises of peace and prosperity to pacify their people with one hand while taking away for the supposed 'greater good' with the other, but she sounded like she still had that mixture of youth, naivety and idealism to believe she could make her dream happen.

Come to think of it even in her speech she had seemed honest, and he didn't admit such things lightly. Years of being around people, talking with them and learning from them had given him much experience in reading people. He had become incredibly skilled at it. Only the very best of actors managed to sneak things past his shrewd eyes, and even they had trouble, and this Queen was definitely not the greatest of actors. Not bad, not by any stretch of the imagination, her forced smile was good enough to fool the crowd that surrounded them, but not great either, at least not to Zesh’s learned gaze. Given this the old scholar seriously doubted he would have failed to pick up on any signs of duplicity in her speech. Was she really that idealistic? If so he could respect that. Idealists were the ones who at least tried to make a difference, even if they failed the very attempt was commendable. Was she about to become the first royal he communicated with and who’s company he actually managed to enjoy?  It shouldn't have surprised him, the Air Nomads were a very different people from the other nations, they were a community that was much more tightly knit, it made sense he would find a better example of human rule here.

"That's a decent fake smile," he had dropped the thin polite coating he dipped his words in when addressing royals entirely now. A small smirk curved his lips as he leaned forwards in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees. "Not good enough to fool me, but good enough to fool them," his eyes motioned to her people around them. He was whispering, loud enough for her to hear clearly, but quietly enough for none of the others to pick up on his words. "You don't like me do you? My words have offended you, or hurt you. That's not surprising, I could count the number of people who like me for my less than well behaved tongue on the fingers of one hand. That said I was only telling the truth as I see it. Royals have a tendency to be showered in fake flattery and half-hearted adoration from nobles and others who only wish to earn your favours so they can further their personal interests. I’d have thought you’d appreciate a little bit of honesty. Nobles and rulers are too quick to bemoan the deceitfulness of their court while at the same time doing their best to silence everyone who criticises them. If you want the other nations to stop making you look ditzy you might want to start by more firm with them. You’re an idealist, you are incredibly naïve, you still have the strength of youth and you have the position, authority and popular support to make a positive change. Impose yourself. You are who and what you choose to be. They make you look like a ditz? Then show them wrong. Act on it, don’t whine about it."

He’d gone all out. All the crowd around them could see was an old man with a wooden leg smiling pleasantly and looking absolutely relaxed on his bench while talking to their Queen. The ball was quite definitely in her court now. She had the crowd in her pocket, he most definitely did not. If she reacted in outrage the crowd would probably kick him out. Violently. If she remained composed the crowd would dismiss the old cripple on the bench as one of them. Zesh was aware both outcomes were possible at this point, and that things were out of his hands now. No point stressing over what he couldn’t change. Then again the ball had been in his court a few seconds ago before he decided to confront her so directly and in the presence of a crowd he didn’t control. Not necessarily the brightest of moves, then again making bright moves had never been his thing. Trying to teach people to accept and learn from others, that he was always willing to do. Maybe he could inspire her, nudge her down to right path, and if she was already on it then reassure her she was doing the right thing. That or he was about to have his head chopped off. That was possible too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Celebration!(Open to all)   Random Celebration!(Open to all) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Celebration!(Open to all)
Page 1 of 1