Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_vote_lcapYi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_voting_barYi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_vote_lcapYi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_voting_barYi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Yi Lin Sung

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yi Lin Sung
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Yi Lin Sung

Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung Empty
PostSubject: Yi Lin Sung   Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 pm

|BASICS|
    Name: Yi Lin Sung ("Lin" for short)
    Birthplace: Vermillion City
    Current Residence: Homeless (wandering)
    Element: Fire
    Pets: NA
    Weapons: None yet, but he's all up for punching someone.

|OPTIONAL|
    Birthday: June 23, 678 YAFO
    Blood type: O+
    Hobbies: Meditation, training, cooking.
    Quirks: Lin is trying to work his way back into civilization, but it's been so long that he tends to make a few conversational feaux pas.
    Character Theme:
    Spoiler:

|APPEARANCE|
    Hair: He has dark brown hair that is unkempt and unruly most of the time, but can clean up rather nicely if he puts some effort into it.
    Eyes: Yi Lin has average sized, dusky orange eyes.
    Height: 5'8"
    Clothes: Lin has chosen to dress himself in what would almost be considered rags. He wears a colorless farmer's tunic and equally plain burlap pants, as well as a pair of cloth shoes. However, at all times he wears a fine leather glove on his left hand. The right hand tends to stay bare, but may don the matching glove if the situation requires it.
    Skin: Lin's skin is evenly tan from his constant meditations in the sun. The only part of him that is shaded differently is his left hand, which is permanently scarred a bright red color.
    Body Type: Lean but powerful. His body is trained to be trim, but his muscular structure still shows.

|CHARACTERISTICS|
    Personality: Lin is a hard person. His past experiences and his time in prison made him rather untrusting, though he may warm up to you eventually.
    Personal Strengths: Focused, driven, cautious, and kind
    Personal Weaknesses: His past is sensitive to him, he is slow to befriend anyone, his goal drives his life, and he sometimes has a short temper.
    Personal Hero: His deceased brother
    Dreams and Ambitions: Lin's only goal is to find the Man with the Lightning Tattoo

Likes: Meditating, a hot bowl of soup, helping those who can't help themselves, hiking, and for some odd reason platypus bear cubs.

Dislikes: Injustice, snobish people, mushrooms, pine needles, and pirates. He REALLY hates pirates.

Brief History:

Yi Lin was born during a full moon, not that anyone paid it any mind. He grew up in an upper-middle class family in Vermillion City, living hapilly with few cares in the world. His older brother, Yi Go Yan, joined the military as soon as he was able. Both Lin and his younger sister idolized their brother, and talked of him with great pride to their friends. Their parents were equaly proud of him. Their family line was rich with strong firebenders, and Go was no exception. Following in his brother's footsteps, Lin trained in the ways of firebending. However, instead of joining the army as his brother had, he instead stayed near home and taught others how to firebend safely. As he grew through his teenage years, he became an official teacher of beginning firebending for young children. Everything seemed to be going well.

Lin's sister's 16th birthday was a big day for everyone. The family rented a private cruise and set sail on the small boat. They would be on the water for 2 days and 1 night, with the extended family and a good number of family friends. Lin's sister was turning 16, his brother was just about to be promoted to Second Liutenant, and Lin himself was to be named an official instuctor for the advanced class of firebenders. He was 18 years old. His brother was 24.

As the family slept in the cabin of the boat, quiet footsteps echoed through the halls. They struck mostly silently, but a call from Go roused most of the rest of the family. It turned into an all out fight, and fire was being slung by both sides. Out on the deck, the three siblings stood, fighting valiently against a small army of attackers. A few lucky shots and several sets of bolas saw the three captured. They were tied tightly and securely, and forced to stand and face eachother. The pirates, or whatever they were, circled them, prodding them with weapons and slinging fire in front of their faces. That all came to an end shortly, however, with the sound of boots clopping against the deck of the boat.

A tall, lanky man walked into the middle of the three, pacing evenly with his arms crossed behind his back. His hair was slicked back against his head, and several locks of hair were tied up in a short ponytail. He grinned as he scanned each of the three. Then his eyes came to rest on Lin. He walked up to him and looked him over. "I saw you at work up here, boy. You've got some promise..." He sneered. Lin returned the compliment by spitting in his face. "Hm...Quite." The man pulled out a hankerchief and wiped off his cheek. He repocketed the cloth and continued. "Let me give you a hint. When you firebend, focus your energy more. Get all that fire and push it to the very tips of your fingers, and then..." He thrust two fingers forward and a small fireball scorched over Lin's shoulder. It passed so close to his neck that his collar smouldered. "Now, let's see what you can do." The man flicked his wrist and just for an instant Lin saw something. Emblazoned on the palm of the man's hand was a deep black lightning bolt-shaped tattoo. The tip of the bolt disappeared down his sleeve, but it was still unmistakable.

Lin's hands and feet were cut free and he fell to his knees. His wrists and ankles burned from the ropes, but his anger was burning hotter. "...I'll show you what I can do you sonofa-" He leapt to his feet. As soon as he did, however, his fire was doused. He saw why they were so confident as to free him. The tattooed man was pointing two fingers at his sister.

"Oh, my, I'm not going to be your target, no no...How about..."

A dull thud drew Lin's attention to his brother's direction. Go had been forced down to his knees. His hands and ankles were still tied, and he was being held by two of the invaders.

"Him."

Time seemed to stop for Lin. He was being given the choice of either killing his brother with his own hands, or letting his sister be killed by this man.

"Don't...you...dare..."

It was Go. Lin didn't understand what he was talking about.

"Hah!" The tattooed man cackled gleefully. "Listen to him command you! He's all but begging for his life!"

"Don't you dare..."

Lin heard something more. His brother was out of breath, but there was something else. The end to that sentence.

"Don't you dare...let them hurt her."

The tattooed man frowned, narrowing his eyes. "Hmph, Chivalry, huh?"

"Do it...Lin..."

Lin stood frozen in place. He couldn't move, he couldn't think, he couldn't even remember weather or not he'd been breathing. His older brother, his idol, was asking to be killed.

"Do it!"

As his brother implored him, another sound caught his ear. A crackling. He turned his head just a little and saw the tattooed man, his fingers tracing a line across his stomach. This man could bend lightning.

"DO IT!"

Lin didn't have any more time to think. His left arm shot up of it's own accord, two fingers pointed sharply at the man he'd admired all his life. From then on, everything was just a loud explosion and lightning arcing up into the night sky.

When Lin woke up, the only thing he wanted to know of was the safety of his sister. She was ok, they told him. She'd fought tooth and nail for him, but the way things were there was only one outcome. He had, after all, killed a standing member of the military. He didn't ask how long he'd been unconscious. All he needed to know was that he had been found guilty, and the jail cell that he was in was going to be his home for a long time. In truth, he didn't blame them. He was guilty. He should have been smarter, quicker. He should have fought harder. He shouldn't have killed his brother. There was no question in his own mind. He was precicely as guilty as they said he was. And even if a case could be made for his innocence, he was unsure enough of his own sanity that he would have refused any other verdict.

With nothing else to do, prison became his meditation chamber. He recessed into quiet contemplation almost constantly. His own mind became his temple, but never his escape. The first year was the hardest for him. He flashed between perfectly calm and mind breakingly outraged. When he emerged from his third trip into solitary, he began to fight back against his own mind. He learned to feel it, the rage and insanity creeping up his spinal cord towards his mind, and he fought it back. After that he began to contemplate his life and his values. Since his dreams were ever haunted by the lightning symbol, he decided that his future would involve that man. At first, it was revenge. After that initial thought subsided, he decided that such things were meaningless. Instead, the man with the lightning tattoo became a goal. He would surpass that man, and he would confront him. When that happened...fate would decide the outcome.

His left hand was badly scarred. Apparently, when he had bent the fire through his fingertips he had done so poorly, and the technique had backfired on him even as the fire bolt shot out. He was given a silk glove early on in his term. It was a gift, he was told. He presumed it was from his sister. There were healers in the employ of the prison who offered to heal the scarred tissue, but he refused it. It was a reminder to him of what had happened, and of what he needed to do. He wasn't allowed to practice firebending, so instead he took the time during his meditations to focus on his chi. He would channel his energy as if he were going to firebend, but then stopped before he did. It was sometimes painful, if he let the process go too far, but it sufficed. Still, he could never reach the energy down into his left hand. It wasn't blocked, he simply refused to do it. The hand felt like a curse to him, and he vowed not to firebend out of it for as long as he lived, presuming he ever got out of prison alive.

After about 9 years in prison, he was released. His term should have been longer, but he was released early due to good behavior and, as the foreman put it, "A donation from a benefactor on your behalf." Upon leaving the prison gates behind him and testing his feet on free land, he saw someone nearby. The sun was blazing that day, but this man wore a long, dark cloak that covered his face. Lin's first instinct was that this was the Tattooed man, but he was too short for that to be the case. As it turned out, this man was the one who had paid for him to be freed. He didn't say much, only that he would be watching from afar, and he wanted to see where this man's destiny would lead him. With that, the cloaked man turned and walked off into the distance. He couldn't say why, but Lin never followed him.

Since his release, Lin had done very little but train. He set himself up temporarily in a small town and retreated to the woods to ensure that his firebending hadn't dulled. In fact, it had sharpened, just a little bit. But he still couldn't (or rather, wouldn't) bend with his left hand. Instead, he trained his body and mind both, exercizing and working and training day and night, working to get just enough money to afford board and food. He slowly became less of a recluse, socializing a little at a time, but still remained mostly focussed. His goal to him was clear now. He would focus his life on bettering himself, and eventually, some day, he would find the man who tore his family apart. The Man with the Lightning Tattoo.
Back to top Go down
Yi Lin Sung
Elite Novice
Elite Novice
Yi Lin Sung

PostSubject: Re: Yi Lin Sung   Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

*Saved for future edits*

Wow! That turned out a LOT longer than I originally expected! Oh well, it was still fun =D
Back to top Go down
Massie.
Beginner
Beginner
Massie.

PostSubject: Re: Yi Lin Sung   Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemonhearts.pokemonlegend.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yi Lin Sung   Yi Lin Sung - Yi Lin Sung I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yi Lin Sung
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Announcements :: Topic Graveyard-
Jump to: