Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Peng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4805)
The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1345)
The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (956)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (699)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:43 am

Xun Cao nodded at Terzan as if she had known what the young noble house leader would say and think. "I have heard legends of the Shang stables and I believe my son would honored to attend. In fact Cao Cao, did you not tell me you wanted to get Inferno out for a ride as he had been cooped up in the stables for awhile?" she said with a smirk. Cao Cao who was enjoyingthe sense of his hand on Raljia's was actually surpirsed by the question as he turned to his mother, but nodded in agreement and said, "Yes Mother, he has been a bit rambunctious lately and I feel some time outside would do him some good." As he looked around and ate his meal slowly and properly, Cao Cao saw a few confused looks from Terzan and Eleynja.

"Inferno is my personal war horse. He got the name due to the red color of his coat which gives off an orange sheen when he runs. Some of my men have sworn they have seen sparks of flames erupt from his hooves as he charges, and my own mother swore on her honor she once saw flames snort from his nostrils. He is truely my most loyal and dedicated friend and has rode by my side for 10 years since I was a young calvery Captain" he explained while motioning to a painting across the dining hall, hanging off the entrance. The painting showed what appeared to be Cao Cao dressed in his armor riding on a red coated horse dressed in armor similar to his own. The horse was bucking vioelntly in the painting, while flames and fire shot from it's motuh and nostrils, naying angrily while Cao Cao sat on his saddle one hand on the reigns and the other lifitng a signature sword into the air.

Xun Cao nodded to this and smiled assuringly to Terzan, Do not worry Lord Shang, Inferno may be a unique and strong horse, but he is also loyal and docile when given commands by my son. He will be controlled and not endanger anything. Now since you have offered your family's home to Cao Cao it would be rude of me not to do the same. The day after tomm, i offer and invitation for you and Railja to return here and allow Cao Cao to show you our training arena. Perhaps honor you with that bending spar you sought; at the same time as this ill be Railja's home one day to amintain and care for I would like to give her a proper tour of the estate show she may feel at ease and at home here as she would in the Shang estate" she said with a smile towards the young Shang girl.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Terzan bowed his head deeply before Lady Cao. "This would be our great honour, Mylady. We will be there."

As the main course was finished, they put away their eating sticks and watched how the servants put away the plates. Eleynja Shang returned to silent talks with Lady Cao, while Terzan leaned slightly onto the table in order to be able to better talk to General Cao. Since both were seated next to Railja, she found herself suddenly in the middle of a conversation.

"So, General, is this just a rumour or does your war horse really breathe fire? I swear, if it does, my brother Verrail shall be rather disappointed. He deems his horse to be one of the best in the whole empire, but none has ever spoken about it breathing fire like a dragon." Terzan winked humourously, laying one hand kindly on Railja's. She exchanged a look with her brother and saw the soft glistening in his eyes, before they both turned back to the General in order to hear his answer.

Railja knew, of course, that her brother was not teasing General Cao, not at all. But he was not a superstitious man, and all the horses he had seen in his life had been ordinairy horses. The Shang family had them bred by their most loyal horse grooms and sold them to the Army at times, or at very wealthy civilians at times, most of them nobles themselves.

She also knew that her brother Verrail's horse was a stallion in fact not derived from their own stables. The horse had been brought up there, and had been trained in their stables, but it had not been born there. Verrail had bought it for a lot of money, seeing its potential and not finding exactly the young male foal he was looking for in his father's stables. But she was aware of the fact that Terzan's horse, for example, originated from the Shang stables.
Praising his brother's horse above his own meant that Terzan was being humble in his own way. Rather than praising their own breeding, he chose to give the glory to another.

She was inside the circle of conversation, but it was not at her to talk. She kindly waited for her fiancé to answer Terzan's question the way he saw fit, like it befitted a young lady.

Zexenuma j'nah, vaex bekiw, waph vis.

List of Characters
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Cao Cao laughed as a servant refilled his wine glass and trays of desserts; mostly pastries and fresh fruits where passed around. Many turned to the sound of the laugh as Cao Cao rarely did laugh if ever and it was a joy at times to hear the man escape his tough and armored shell to express his true feelings at times. "Well I can't say I have ever seen him snort flames Lord Terzan, however I swear before Angi himself, that there are times I am riding him and I believe that I smell smoke being formed beneath his mighty hooves" he said as he took a pear from a tray and then offered it personally to Railja so she could make a selection.

As Cao Cao did so, the musicians continued to play thier insturments and music filled the air aorund the dining hall with a pleasent and peaceful atmosphere that created comfort for all. Xun Cao nodded at this atmosphere and sighed happily a she spoke to Lady Shang. "It's been awhile since he has been able to be so loose and free in his home. As a mother I sometimes worry about him pushing himself too far in his duties. No doubt, I have you and your family, particuarly young Railja to thank for this evening and his jovial mood.....one I haven't seen in some time."
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:25 am

Lady Shang watched her children and the General for a while, and nodded towards Lady Cao, smiling as well. "Yes, I know what you mean. Terzan is not only my eldest, he is also the most sincere of my children. He does a great job, being head of our family, running the estates and never neglecting his ward, Railja, but I sometimes worry if he is lonely, or too earnest. He had to take on so much responsibility at such a young age... and he has had to abandon quite some things he held dear for the family."
The women had both subtled their voices, not being overheard by their children as they shared their mutual worries. "I can see how your son's company lightens him up. It is a relief indeed. Maybe I should start looking for a suitable wife for him, too, to keep him that way, you know?"

While the women were confiding in their own private conversation, Railja and Terzan were laughing at Cao Cao's words. "Well, then I think we shall both look forward to seeing this horse, won't we, Railja?" Terzan said, still smiling and raising his glass towards the General. "To mysteries yet unsolved." Railja nodded, and raised her glass as well. "Yes, I must confess, you made me rather curious with that remark, General Cao. I daresay, I never heard of such a creature in my life, but I also never believed birds could be so clever as to remember a song they only once heard, and it seems they can. So I guess a fire breathing horse might be just as possible." Terzan grinned, as he touched glasses with Cao Cao. "My sister, the romantic," he winked, and then they all drank.

List of Characters
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Cao Cao nodded to Terzan and Railja with a smile. "Indeed Lord Terzan, but perhaps that is what makes her such a kind and storng woman. A very key trait in the Empire that will no doubt make her the perfect mother as well" he said with a kind smile. As he did he sipped his wine and then said, "Inferno is a strong and somewhat defiant one, so I hope he doesn't frighten any of your stable hands Lord Terzan." As they talked some more, Cao Cao noticed a servant wearing the clothe sof the Shang house walk up to his table. The man appeared to hold something in his hands, which looked like an insturment of sorts.

As the man wlaked up to the head table he stopped and looked at Cao Cao for permission to speak which Cao Cao gave with a friendly nod of his head. The man bowed to both Cao Cao and Terzan before turning to Railja and bowing low to her held out the insturment in his hands. "Forgive me my Lady, but I was ordered by your mother to present this to you. She said you where to preform with it at the conclusion of the meal" he said with his head low. Cao Cao looked surprised at this as he didn't seem to understand what was happening, having not been with his mother when she greeted the Shang's outside the family home. Looking towards Terzan and Railja he noticed his mother and Lady Shang looking towards the group with looks of anticipation on thier faces.
Back to top Go down
drakendottir
Elite Beginner
Elite Beginner
drakendottir

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 am

Railja blushed under Cao Cao's kind words. His compliments flattered her immensly, and the wine she was drinking did something to that as well.
"Thank you, General," she lowered her eyes bashfully, and smiled, before exchanging a look with her brother. He looked relaxed, and also kind of pleased with himself. Or with her. She could never really tell when it came to Terzan.

A servant approached them and handed her her lute in its case of soft silk. The case bore the Shang's family crest on it, surrounded by many ornaments such as flowers and waves, a delicate stitching work that had taken Railja several weeks to finish and that was, as for now, her masterpiece. She was very proud of that case of deep green silk with red, blue and silver stitching on it.

"Thank you," she nodded slightly in the servant's direction and he retreated, before leaving the noble company to themselves again.
"General Cao, if I may be so straight forward," she waited for his small nod of approval before speaking on, louder now that it was heard throughout the room, "I really enjoyed your demonstration earlier today. I wanted to thank you and your men for this high honour and repay you by playing you a song tonight."

She was truly nervous, but tried to hide it behind a smile. She had been somewhat surprised by her mother when Lady Shang propsed she sang after dinner. Of course, there were several songs she could perform without practicing them beforehand, but still... this was different from playing of herself in her room. This was serious. Hundreds of people would be watching her, listening to her. Above all, he would be there and listen to her.

It was not that she was afraid she might make a fool of herself. It was rather that she did not really know if he had liked her song before, and if he would like to hear some more music. He liked birds, yes, but that did not make him a lover of musical entertainment. Also she felt that this was overly official, as if she were merely a puppet. She'd rather played for him in private, than have several hundreds of soldiers watching, just as she would have preferred to dine in private. Well, you don't always get what you hope for. Not on official occasions, anyway.

List of Characters
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Elite Novice
Elite Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Cao Cao actually looked surprised by the announcement and looking from Terzan, to his mother, to Xun Cao; he came to see it was a serious moment for Railja that was meant as a gift to him and his men. Nodding approvingly and with a smile, Cao Cao looked towards Railja and said, "The honor is all ours Railja and I know me and my men will forever remember this gift you give us tonight." A round of cheers and applause sounded through the dining hall as well as clapping from Xun Cao and other members of the Cao family. As it sub sided one soldier who seemed to have had his fill of wine stood up and called out, "What Lady Railja graces us with will be a hundred times better then when you got drunk on our last detachment to the colonies and graced us with your singing skills General!"

This caused most of the hall to laugh loudly and while most Lords or Generals would have had the speaker punished; Cao Cao's response was to look at the man in annoyance and pick up a sweet roll which he tossed at the man in a friendly manner. The soldier caught the roll in his mouth like a dog or a trick animal and started to eat it happily. "Enjoy that roll Lieutenant Chen, your going to be running it off with 15 laps tommorrow bright and early" Cao Cao said with a laugh. As the fun and giggling sub sided again, Cao Cao nodded to Railja with a smile and sat down at his seat. Xun Cao also sat peacefully and nodded to Railja in a kind and affirming way allowing the girl to hopefully feel comfortable and strong to play her song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)   The Union of Nobility (drakendottir) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Union of Nobility (drakendottir)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: 2012 :: June-
Jump to: