Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSeven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_voting_barSeven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSeven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_voting_barSeven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]

Go down 
+5
The Phantom Thief
LadyKura
Fire Lord Kouzai
Earth King Lu
Zodiac-Soul
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zodiac-Soul
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Zodiac-Soul

Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 pm

The room was surprisingly cold, as he watched his fellow royalty come in, The fact that the some choose to simply nod while curiously a young man walked who was all to energetic spoke loudly. He knew that he much rather have some form of speech, but what struck him as odd was the fact that the light king himself choose not to give any greeting at all. Zoa knew that this would not be his time to speak, yet he eyed the light monarch curiously as he prepared for the speech from his explorer Fa. When it was time for Fa speech, he turned to face him better, his face in stone as he prepared to hear the report that Fa would produce and what it would entail for each of the great nations that were in attendance. As Fa stood up he shot a smile at him to tell him a good job, and he smiled at the others excited as they were to see the wonders of this new land that Fa had discovered.Flipping his hair out of his way and leaning his hat a little more, he listened intently as he began telling them about the foreign nation. He was a great public speaker himself but he hated listening to them just as much as he liked giving them, he rather be going into action and on the right now than listen to words when there things to be done. Yet the next few events drew him away from his thoughts as a old man in a robe of his nation and with a long white beard like that of an old man that used to live in the elemental kingdom. He had a warm smile but what he did next was surprising. As he stood in front of them, Zoa watched his large eyes open big enough to drink in every sight, He was nearly on the edge of his seat waiting to witness the thing known as magic. The old man's hands erupted in purple energy as he chanted a few set of words that was in obviously the language of his land, soon the purple energy went from being a mere sphere to forming into a small winged horse that pranced and flew around the room leaving a trail of astral magic particles behind. Paishon shot from his perch ontop of Zoa shoulders and ran after the winged animal, he tried to catch it only for him to continue on fruitlessly after this purple prey. He watched with wonder, his eyes of a child that was in enthralled by the mystic beast that dispersed much to paishon disappointment who returned to Zoa shoulders. Patting his friend he watched with renewed interest he watched as the old man pulled from his bag of items a book that he then turned into a mystical multi-colored bird that he petted softly afraid of harming this creature that Paishon chattered at angrily.When the bird disappeared and the old man left Fa stated his view on the issue, he bowed toward the man and Fa and stood to his feet, fixing his clothes he looked at each one of the royalty in the room. "My fellow monarchs from the words of mister Fa and the obvious display of skill that we have seen, I want to say first and foremost that was a great display of work and I cannot wait for the full report but we must not forgot that we do not understand nor not know the full capabilities of this magic and we must take that as such. I agree that we must try to reach a peace agreement but we must not be fooled by the things in front of our faces and we must focus on the most important thing the continuance of our way of life and the quality of living for our people.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Onao stood up and bowed slightly when he saw and heard Owlan address him. He stood upright and then said with a smile, “That would be wonderful I would love to see new artifacts of yours. We can speak later.” He sat down shifting in the seat moving his robes to get comfortable. Then one by one the other leaders walked into the room and took their seats. They all were dressed in their best formal attire except for the Dark Lord, who wore clothes that looked like they belonged to a peasant. Onao was not that offended by his attire, but he could have dressed for the occasion. Onao pushed those thoughts in the back of his head made some idle chat with the person next to them and then he heard someone speak. His head turned to see the underdressed Dark Lord finish his question to when they would start. Onao frowned at the question and decided to not give an answer, this man seemed very determined to get things settled out and had no time for idle chatter.

Onao’s attention moved to the Spirit King as he walked to his seat and gave a small introduction and then started the summit. Onao sat tall with his back against the seat his hands folded on the table waiting for this inventor to start speaking. The man looked frail, but seemed like he had a great speaking voice like he was 100% sure of what he was saying. Onao leaned forward as soon as the man started to speak of a new country and then when he mentioned he had actual items from the New World Onao got ecstatic. Onao was able to control the emotions though. On the inside he was jumping for joy, but on the outside he was acting cool and collective. He even waited for the servants to bring the items to the front to get a glimpse of them. They were all so beautiful and different. Onao wanted to have all of them on shelves in his palace. He grinned at the thought and moved his attention back to inventor.

Onao doubted Fa when he started to speak of their abilities. He had trouble grasping that idea, that ability Fa said they summoned by use of spells, whatever those were. Onao leaned back in his chair watching a very elderly man in long robes enter the room and stand at the front. He still doubted these abilities, but then as soon as he saw the purple light he knew it was real. Onao’s jaw dropped as soon as he saw the winged horse prance about the room and then vanish. The next trick the magician did had Onao mesmerized and baffled, it was all so much. He did not get to pet the bird, but seeing it was good enough. Onao’s eyes followed the old magician as he left the room and at that point he wanted to get up and speak with him. Onao had so many questions for that elderly man, he wanted to know so much.

Onao’s attention was elsewhere when Fa started to speak again. He nodded slowly at Fa’s idea of learning from the New World and in return let them learn from us. They have a culture different from ours and we should welcome it and learn everything about it, using force would just lead to a war and that would lead to death on both sides. Onao could never do that to his people, he could never deal with the guilt of taking so many lives because of one foolish mistake. He clapped for the inventor as soon as he sat down and then stopped once the Elemental King stood up. Onao looked at the king and nodded in approval of his statements to. He nodded a few more times looked at everyone else sitting there and then stood up hoping he was not cutting anyone off.

“I agree with Fa and King Zoa.” He said motioning to the two with his right hand and then putting it back to his side, “This New World can offer us so much. We can learn from them and them from us, but we do have to think of our people. I suggest we do not take violent actions because that will lead to nothing, but death and despair. We can watch them with caution and if any signs of violence are noticed then we act in retaliation, but only if they attack” He cleared his throat and continued, “If I have only reached a few of you, then I have done my job if not then may the spirits help you.” He sat down and giving others a time to speak.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Owlan smiled at Onao, "All in due time my friend," he said, "And while you're over, I need to show you something that my soldiers have cooked up for us. We've created new siege engines and war machines. But this is not the place to talk, besides, talking will not do them justice. These will be just what we need to prevent that catastrophe mentioned in the Ancient Books, and it'll keep those Light Bender Rebels in line too." Owlan gushed himself as the other monarchs began to take their place. All of them were aged and experienced--especially Luciord--but Kael, seemed to stick out of all of them. He was the youngest, and least experienced. He had only taken the throne recently, but from what Owlan could see, he was holding up well. Owlan had been just about his age when he took the throne as well.

Owlan watched his great-uncle walk in and make his bit, he looked more frail lately. His strength had returned somewhat, but the age of his body started to show more. Owlan sighed, but let him speak, and after his bit was done, Fa began to speak. Owlan listened with intent and excitement as that of a young child as he heard Fa speak.

Fa spoke of a new land, with new people, new customs, new cultures and new powers that he had never heard of before. Owlan was impressed, amazed and enthralled, yet something about this seemed very familiar to him, but he could not quite place his finger on it. He watched as the old man spoke of the land, Ullondor, and how it was governed. He then went on to demonstrate the magic of his people, and made a winged horse fly around the room, causing Owlan to stand up and clap wildly. "Well done," he said, "Very well done." Owlan again tried to remember why this was all familiar, but every time he thought he grasped it, it disappeared like sand between his fingers.

Owlan waited for the others to speak, and once Onao and Zoa has spoken their opinins. Owlan stood up to speak as well, "My fell monarchs and friends," he began regally with a booming voice, "I agree with the honourable Earth and Elemental Kings. Our world has just worked so hard to become peaceful, if you have not forgotten, I spent many years since the end of the war against the traitorous Regent Lord of Ember Island trying to get everyone to sign beneficial peace treaties with each other in order to encourage peace. This is why I must agree with them in their decision. The people of this new land have powers and ways that we do not understand, to enter into their lands with horns blaring and weapons drawn, would only invoke their wrath. I have no doubt that you will disagree with any of us, but I say, that we should not seek to make war with these new people. We must, instead, try and make peace with them, and seek to forge new relationships. Hopefully, soon we can get them to work alongside us, and open up new trade routes. New relations with this country could benefit all of us economically, and politically. Envoys and ambassadors must be sent to Ullondor as soon as possible to establish we mean them no harm, and we seek to make peace with them. I believe once everyone has spoken their mind on what has just happened, envoys should be chosen and discussed about."

Owlan sat down, happy with his speech. It was political, proper and formal. Owlan considered himself a friend--on his part anyway--of each of the monarchs of the room, having made peace treaties with each of them. But despite that, Owlan felt it was his duty as a monarch to be formal and proper. He still had an image to uphold.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 pm

| King Anuktiluk |
Spoiler:

Anuk gave a small smile and nodded to the shorter, much younger ruler beside him. King Kael was young, very much unlike his penultimate successor, Kaeda. Anuk held a certain pride in him; he had been a good friend of his parents. The king, however, naturally held Castiel in higher favor. Castiel and Kael were extremely alike, whereas Castiel's true twin, Cassian, would throttle him at the mere suggestion of public affection, which Castiel and Kael excelled in. Being the more sensitive twins to their more unruly counterparts made them ideal leaders to some. In Anuk's eyes, such love would hinder progress and make decisions difficult and fantastical. Castiel was not ready.

He was still, waiting for the entrance of the rest of the monarchs. To pass the time, he spoke likely to Owlan, discussing various bits of everyday information. There was a lot of bad blood between the Water Tribe and Fire Nation, but this era of peace made things more tolerable, and conversation less stilted.

As the seats began to fill up, next with the Light King, then with the Dark King. Raiden spoke, his voice filling the spacious cavern uproariously. He announced the start of the mission and, surprisingly enough, beckoned for a lone Earth Kingdom citizen to speak up. Apparently, his name was Fa Kudo. A sharp name. Difficult to forget, at the very least.

Kudo explained his reason for being present; prior to the meeting, he had set out on an expedition across the globe. Apparently he'd found some unknown, albeit occupied land. Occupied by wizards, in fact.

Fa mentioned they would not believe him, and Anuk wholeheartedly agreed. The notion was so preposterous, Anuk considered abandoning his seat, gathering Castiel and Caspain, and leaving. New land? Magic? Ha! This fool was mad. Talented, respectable, but mad.

He stayed, however, as several servants rushed in. Carts full of trinkets, artifacts, several jewels, and other valuables he could not recognize. Despite his thirty-five years of severe education and discipline, Anuk could not summon any educational prowess to determine the items' derivation. They shined ethereally, as if imbued with something tangible. What the hell .. ? Was magic real? Pure, unadulterated magic? Could ki be manifested in ways other than Bending? It was an exploration of the mind. The notion made his head reel, his thoughts spinning a thousand miles per hour. In the end, he concluded that it could be possible.

To further prove his point, Fa explained somewhat of how the people of the New Land's powers worked: there was a power deep inside them. It was a power they were able to manipulate. But could they alone control it?

Fa summoned a man via a servant. The man was elderly. Pale. He held out the palms of his hands and two large purple spheres erupted from them. Anuk watched attentively as they transformed into two Pegasus. The Pegasus galloped around the room, leaving trails of sparkling dust in their wake. Anuk resisted the instinct to duck, simply because Fa Kudo stood stock-still, not at all intimidated by the huge, strange beasts.

The man called them back, then pointed to a book. Anuk heard a very low incantation, and all at once the book transformed into a gorgeous phoenix. Anuk's eyes went wide with shock and confusion. This discovery was groundbreaking. It was phenomenal. It would forever change the course of history, and the progress of the world.

So huge was the bird that it dominated the table. Monarchs reached out to feel the bird's silken feathers upon Fa's permission. Anuk himself lightly blushed a cluster of blues, purples and pinks, all fading in majestically to one another. He half expected to feel the cold brush of paper -- an illusion perhaps? No. It was a living, breathing thing. A powerful creature such as this one could not be captures so easily, much less being able to enter the room without much noticing. A trick that required a live, breathing phoenix to transform from a book to a warm-blooded beast.

Anuk almost did not believe it. It couldn't be possible!

But it was.

He tried to concentrate on the rest of the meeting, but his thoughts went on turbo-speed again, throwing into a haze of calculations and inferences. This went on for a few minutes, until Zoa began to speak:

"My fellow monarchs from the words of mister Fa and the obvious display of skill that we have seen, I want to say first and foremost that was a great display of work and I cannot wait for the full report but we must not forgot that we do not understand nor not know the full capabilities of this magic and we must take that as such. I agree that we must try to reach a peace agreement but we must not be fooled by the things in front of our faces and we must focus on the most important thing the continuance of our way of life and the quality of living for our people."

Onao spoke next, his voice full of resolve and countenance. “I agree with Fa and King Zoa. This New World can offer us so much. We can learn from them and them from us, but we do have to think of our people. I suggest we do not take violent actions because that will lead to nothing, but death and despair. We can watch them with caution and if any signs of violence are noticed then we act in retaliation, but only if they attack” He cleared his throat and continued, “If I have only reached a few of you, then I have done my job if not then may the spirits help you.” The king sat, indicating the end of his announcement. Anuk privately agreed with both, particularly on the matter of being cautious about this new development. If this man could summon Pegasus' out of thin air, and transform books into phoenixes, what could they do to real people? He nearly sweated from the notion.

Owlan spoke last, declaring news of a peace treaty in which Anuk was humbly grateful for. It would do no good for a war now, not when every Nation was faring so superbly.

"Agreed. The treaties would not only strengthen our alliance, but will also avoid eliciting pain and despair among our people. Our people may live comfortably. We must be careful, however. We do not know all the capabilities of this magic. Given the performance today we are well-aware that this magic may not have limits at all. Furthermore, our discovery of this continent could very well instill the beginning of something positive, or entirely negative. Now that we are aware of their existence, they are most certainly aware of ours. For the sake of our future, we must spend this time of peace developing and providing better quality for our own people."

To put it simply, he believed it was necessary to use this time of peace to build their defenses. Magic apparently had the capability of bending reality itself. Reality-Bending?

Anuk shifted in his seat ever so slightly.

Last edited by LadyKura on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
The Phantom Thief
Administrator
Administrator
The Phantom Thief

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Kael sat in silence as the other rulers filed in around him. For a while there was silence, and it seemed to the young king that one could cut the tension with a knife. Strained chatter went on around him, and only a couple rulers looked truly comfortable. Kael wasn't really bothered, he didn't want to talk to the rulers around him and didn't have to. Just when a few people were starting to get impatient, however, the Spirit King entered, silently commanding silence in the room. Finally, we can get started, thought Kael, shifting in his seat.

An Earth Kingdom man named Fa Kudo was introduced, who stood up and started explaining why they were gathered here. Kael found it peculiar that a simple peasant was leading the meeting that called for all the leaders of the nation, but Kael wasn't about to complain. The man explained how he had embarked on a journey across the seas and came across a New World, a whole continent populated by wizards. Kael pulled his eyebrows together as Kudo said they wouldn't believe him. Kael had to agree, the idea of wizards sounded ridiculous. But as servants brought in artifacts that Kudo said were from the New World, Kael felt doubt enter his mind. Could this be true? He leaned forward and observed the beautiful work from the foreign land, and concluded an expedition to it would be worth it just for the artifacts. Kael certainly wouldn't mind having his palace decorated with some of the designs and pottery that he was seeing now.

To further prove himself, Kudo summoned an old man into the room, who reminded Kael of his late grandfather. With a soft incantation and a twist of his hands, a small and glimmering Pegasus was standing in his palm. The old man smiled and let it run around the kings, who all stared at it in awe. The doubts in Kael's mind became stronger, and when the man laid a delicate finger on a book, Kael was certain magic and wizards were real. The book had transformed into a majestic, beautifully colored bird. A living, breathing bird. Kael's eyes widened, and the young king reached out a finger and stroked the beast lightly. It was soft, its feathers silken and well kept. "Gorgeous," he whispered under his breath.

One by one, the monarchs voiced their thoughts on the matter. Every one was more or less thinking the same thing: The new land should be regarded with caution and a peace treaty should be ushered as soon as possible, because the capabilities of magic, while wonderful, could be frightening. Kael had to agree, but he didn't see the rush. He wanted learn about the culture of the wizards, see what their land looked like, experience something besides the bitterness of the South Pole.

It seemed time for Anuk to speak, and Kael focused his attention on the Lord of the Northern Water Tribe. But he did not speak, only shifted in his chair. Kael waiting a short second and realized that he wasn't going to speak at all, so he opened his mouth before unnecessary attention fell on Anuk.

"While I agree with every one hear that magic should be regarded with caution and we should make peace with these people, I also think we should get to know their culture. This discovery offers a wonderful and unique chance for education. Conquering is not an option, but an understanding should be reached. We can learn a lot from these wizards and I see no problem with befriending them and making allies."
Back to top Go down
River
Administrator
Administrator
River

Location : In my mind, having a Tea Party with Me, Myself, and I

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 am

OOC: Hello Everyone I will be momentarily Rping The Air queen this once until Maki Gets back; and taking over Morlis Akuun's Light King for this thread. I am not completely sure on personalities or personas but I will try my best. I apologize in advance Might be short just because I don't want to Type to much and It not be what Maki would do. So it just going to be minor. XD

IC:
Air Queen, Aura Aaron & Princess Saskia Aaron

Aura felt the slight breeze as this creature circled the king and herself a few time, showing off it's physical existence. The Air queen was taken back at the sight of this 'magic'. She had never seen anything like it and it was very unusual. She watched as another monarch reach out and touch it, an action she, herself probably would have been complied to do. The mild green eyes blinked in wonder and amazment as she turned and looked at the Fire lord, who was giving a speech about the circumstances. Listened to the thoughts and speeches of the surrounding Kings. She was contemplating the matters of the decision in need of making.
She took everyone's words into consideration, thinking to her self.

She was usually emotionless because of being her Monarch status. For the sake of her nation, she could not show fear or sadness, as this will reflect on her kingdom. She is cheerful and usually tries to see the upside to everything, though.

"While I agree with every one hear that magic should be regarded with caution and we should make peace with these people, I also think we should get to know their culture. This discovery offers a wonderful and unique chance for education. Conquering is not an option, but an understanding should be reached. We can learn a lot from these wizards and I see no problem with befriending them and making allies." The Southern Watertribe king spoke.

Aura nodded as she gave the meeting her full undivided attention, " I, too, Find the situation to be taken in with caution, but On the other hand I agree with Lord Kael. Perhaps if we can befriend these Wizards, we could increase our own knowledge in out ways of thinking. Kindness and communicating might be the best thing at the time." She gave a slight pause as she gathered her thoughts, "I fear if we show our 'caution' to strongly, This new land might find it threatening."

Saskia Watched from her spot on the lying balcony. With pirked ears and sharp eyes, She observed from above silently. Much like her mother, She reacted a bit of the same manor.

King Lucius Lux Illumiate

The old monarch watched with crossed as he looked at the beast move. A frown pulled his wrinkled face downward. He knew not what to think of this beast but found it threatening along this place of wizards and Magic; Blah and Poppy-cot. He listened to the words of the others as they wanted to proceed with cauntion. He agreed with them and in fact he didn't even know if he like the idea of even 'befriending' them, as The south tribe leader suggested.

Lucius Lux thought of how this .. place could affect their ways of life. So far from most of the scenarios that played through his mind ended with the change of their life. The Light King was old and stuborn, Most old folk grew up with certain ways their whole life. And most of the time when Times changed and change came with it, the Older people are less willing to give up their ways. For some its the fact it all they've known and for others is the need to carry on tradition.

For Lusius it was both and wouldn't stand for any 'magic' to change him or his kingdom. "We need caution, we don't know what these people can do. This.. magic could be potential dangerious. For All we know, if we befriend them, These people could try to invade us after gaining knowledge about our nations. Is that something We are willing to risk, explicitly after we don't know the Limits to this practice." He attemped to make his point of concern.

Some would say the old King Lucius was a bit senile but some would never know.
Back to top Go down
Arashi
Banned
Banned
Arashi

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 am

Magic...

Mercenary work truly hadn't taught the Dark Lord everything about the world. Here stood a man who could do things far beyond what anyone here knew. This old man from this other world, just who, or what was he? This magic he performed widened the golden eyes of Arashi, only able to watch in awe as he saw there wonderful displays.
Yet he was far to cautious to touch the animals that he made.

As each leader of there country spoke, Arashi did not speak for a while.
Not because he disagreed with them, nor did he think it was wrong to alley with these people from this new world.
It was because he himself had to think for a moment here.

"Here is an old man, who can bend not the elements around him, but...Almost create life itself. He comes from a land never discovered, a place with more of these magic users. So here we have a new world, one that could very well be entirely different from our own...Everyone has already said everything important, so what the hell can I add?!" He thought to himself, coming to the conclusion that he had little idea of what to say.

Right around the time the Light King started speaking Arashi uncomfortable placed his hand on his hat and moved it up away from his eye's so it wouldn't appear as disrespectful that his eye's were partially covered.
He almost felt a little out of place here, while he was Dark Lord he was nothing like these honorable men and women. Arashi was a mercenary, a man of the people, hence his normal clothes.
Yet he was merely given the title, and responsibility of Dark Lord which he accepted honorable. However he never let it get to his head, he did not give himself much, nor demand anything unnecessary from the people, he simply protected them, persevered peace, and worked to change the face of the Dark State.
"To become a land in Darkness, that fights for the light that is peace" His father Skarin once said.
The Dark State had an evil past, and it was the will of his parents, which he inherited that the Dark State become a Nation of peace and a place to seek sanctuary. Not pain or anger.

Once the Light King finished his say in the matter, it was now Arashi's turn.

"Keeping the peace after all the war and suffering is a good idea." Arashi spoke out, leaning in his chair a little.

"Of course I agree with being friendly letting these people become our alleys, however with all due respect I would feel more comfortable knowing that this...New land felt the same way" Arashi explained to everyone, his hands folded and on his lap as he leaned back a little further in his chair.

Arashi's golden colored eye's turned to the old man who performed these spells. His gaze was strong yet rather calm.

"Excuse me but if your the ambassador could you perhaps tell us what where your leaders opinions lie in forming a peace treaty with our land and The Seven Nations?" Arashi asked the Ambassador of the new land.

Arashi was all for peace and being friends, yet in the process of all this it was a little strange that he and the other 6 monarchs here did not hear the opinion of the leaders of the New Land.
What bothered him more though was that the leaders of that world were not here themselves discussing peace. Instead it was only this man that was sent, as if he was simply gathering intel on everyone.

So far, all Arashi saw was that everyone here was all for peace, yet this old guy said nothing, no interest in peace, not a leader, he was just here to perform a few tricks.
There was almost a feeling of not being taken seriously here, clearly the Seven Nations were in love with the idea of peace, yet here was the New Land, seemingly not doing much of anything.

It felt too early to talk about forming an alliance when everyone here knew so little, it just didn't seem like the right time.
Arashi personally felt like they needed to know a little more more before completely agreeing to peace.
In a way, the Light King had a point, while he was a pessimist about it, he was not completely wrong. These people could very well be enemies in the near future. There argument? A couple artifacts and a magical man.

For the sake of not having everyone jump to peace right away, Arashi felt he had to be the skeptic in this group, just to make sure this meeting was properly paced instead of falling into rash, or unnecessary agreements.

Peace was fantastic, but how did the New World feel about it?
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Raiden looked bored at his fingers. He picked at his nails, and bit them a bit. He was bored of all this peace, thankful that it meant less work for him, but bored as it meant nothing to do, no action. Raiden sighed as King after King after King (and in Aura's case, Queen) agreed to peace. The only one who varied from the order was the Southern Water Tribe King and the Dark King, but still both wanted peace, and that meant more boring negotiations. Not to mention millions of more people (at the most) to have to convert, that is if they didn't already have a religion. And if they did, then they'd definitely need to be converted and regulated by him.

Raiden began to wonder if his Godlike powers would even work on these magicians, they did not follow the same physical rules as benders, but surely Raiden's powers would still work, no? Oh well, Raiden stopped thinking about it, he did not want to worry himself about the what ifs and the possibilities if they may not even come true, or at least until he had to. Raiden didn't feel like putting the effort into worrying right now.

This was when Raiden's mind would bounce back to his wife, and his two sons, both of which he lost to those mercenaries. Raiden's mind bounced back to the torture he commanded the Mercenary's souls to endure in the afterlife. And he remembered how they spoke of a fearless, brunette who hunted them down and killed them all. Claudia. Raiden began to wonder about his only daughter, and how she was fairing. She had not returned home since she left to spend some time working for Owlan, and last he heard she had gone off to join the Assassin's. Raiden wondered if he'd ever see his only daughter again, or if she'd ever want to come back that is. Raiden wondered if his family's line in the Spirit King role would die out, and if so, who would take his place? Who would be the new Sprit King? Raiden would have the rest of his life--which was a hell of a long time--to choose someone. But who would do it? Was there a soul strong enough and pure enough?

Owlan might be able to, in fact Owlan was the only choice Raiden had so far. But of course, Owlan had the Fire Nation to deal with, and until he had a child who would take over the Fire Nation throne for him so that he could become Spirit King, Owlan could not take the job. Of course, Raiden also could choose any of his younger cousins, Naina was an option, a definite one at that, but would she agree? Or perhaps Erolass? No, he was too distant from the family...maybe though, maybe. Or perhaps Eldunar? No, definitely not, too grouchy. Owlan must be the Heir, Owlan or Naina. There is no other--

Raiden returned to the world as it came to be his time to speak again. "Very well," he said blandly, "Peace it is then. But, we must agree on who sends envoys and what we send as gifts. If I may make a suggestion? I say that each Nation send three envoys, as well as a member of the Royal Family--preferably the leader of the Nation--as well as a gift, something to give their leaders to show that we're not bad people. I suggest something from each nation, something that defines each of your nations, yes? Agreed?"
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lu
Administrator
Administrator
Earth King Lu

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Since the Elemental King left the room in a quick pace and the Spirit King was finished speaking Onao decided it was his turn to add in his two cents. He stood up and addressed the royalty, “The Light and Dark King are correct we will have to be cautious of what we are getting into. Obviously these magicians are powerful, but I think with correct political procedures we will be able to gain their trust. We could possible draw up a treaty. I will be willing to get my best advisors and scholars on the job as soon as I return home. If you all wish to do the same we can come meet back here and pick which one is the best.” He scanned the faces and figured it was worth a shot. They would probably not agree with him he decided to change the subject and focus on what the Spirit King said.

“We could bypass the treaty and instead bring them gifts like the Spirit King mentioned,” Onao continued hoping to catch their attention. “Maybe giving them these gifts will show them we are a peaceful people with peaceful intentions. I know the Earth Kingdom and I know her people will gladly be willing to offer as much as they can for peace.” Onao wanted to continue this everlasting peace and the New World coming up could possible end that. He would not let it happen and would ignore any signs of war. Onao and his people wanted peace so they were going to have peace. He thought a bit and then said, “We will give the New World my nation’s beloved badgermole statue made from the crystals in the crystal catacombs underneath Ba Sing Se.” He thought this was an appropriate gift. The badgermole taught earthbending to the people in the Earth Kingdom and this statue was made in their honor. They might as well offer it to the New World as a sign of peace.

It will pain him and his people to see the statue go to a distant land, but it will be worth it to make peace with the New World. His people would understand his decision of sending the statue and the living badgermoles would not mind either. Onao was looking at the faces of the monarchs, they all looked somewhat bored. He gave them all a slight nod and then sat down. He would also send exotic animals, fruits, clothes, and other items only found in the Earth Kingdom the statue was just the grand gift. His eyes moved around the room looking at all the monarchs they looked somewhat tired and as if they wanted out of here. Onao was getting a tad bit restless to. He had a nation to rule and being here was halting that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Owlan stood up, he knew exactly what to give the New World. They would appreciate this gift, it would show them that the Fire Lord was not afraid to arm them with weapons that could be used against us. It would show trust, and it would show the grandiose of the Fire Nation. "I was planning on keeping my work a secret until I was sure that it would not cause disarray among the world," started Owlan, "But I have spent many years, and many a pretty penny to do what I have done on Tengu Island. I have constructed War Machines and Siege Engines, none like the world have seen before. I planned on sharing it with every nation, and I still do, but I will lend it to the New World as well."

"I am aware the criticism this will gain me, for it will be giving our enemies the means of our own destruction. However, it will show that we trust them with such gifts, that we trust them not to use it against us. It will show them that we are just as competent as they are at defending ourselves, and that we are a grandiose people, despite lacking the ability to perform magic as they do. I will give them siege towers, explosives, cannon, trebuchets, catapults, my upgraded airship fleets, my new gun prototypes, ballistae, rapid fire guns, armed and armoured chariots and wagons, and so much more. If worse comes to worse, they will fear us for our capabilities with weaponry, and if they should choose to turn on us and use it against us, we shall give them a taste of my Genesis Cannon. That, however, will be explained much later, once it is out of the testing stages."

"I also do not believe that we should skip the treaty, it could come back and haunt us if we do. If they are not contractually bound to their word for peace, and give versa, it could mean disaster. We can't afford war, well, we can monetarily, however, it would not be worth it. We should continue the treaty as planned, but also give them the gifts, as well as meet them in person. It shows we are not afraid of what they may do to us, they will respect us for it. It is a brave act to do such. Would you not agree? It also allows us to get on a personal note with each of their leaders, and if we know them personally, they will be less inclined to attack us, because of our friendship and closeness. People are more willing to attack those who they have no emotional connection with, it is in my experience that such is true. It is not always garunteed, however, it can't hurt."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]   Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seven King Summit: Meeting of the Monarchs! [Topic of the Month July 2012]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: Golden Topics-
Jump to: