Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_vote_lcapThe Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_voting_barThe Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_vote_lcapThe Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_voting_barThe Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nylaaa
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Nylaaa

The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain Empty
PostSubject: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Swift, the small tori flung from a branch, twirled and sung before landing on a small puddle of rain and mud. A large wooden wheel of a barrow splashed the bird, that shook to clean off the mud. The tori bird wasn't indigenous to Tenchi mountain but a group had migrated into the forest a couple of months back, following the lead of several fauna who now called the flourishing mountain their home. Nyla smiled as she recounted the medicines and salves in her bag, making sure she didn't forget any. The small bird flew over her head and back into the mountain, the bustle of the city was too much for the small creature.

The marketplace was the least quiet area of the city. The sun had barely been up enough time for Nyla to feel fully awake. Sakura barked and spun in circles in front of the bakery door, where Mrs. Nakamura, the baker's wife, feeds her yesterday's leftovers before opening up the shop every morning. Mr. Nakamura was one of Nyla's clients. The man was of old age, but his bread, meat pies and treats were famous around the province. His years of hard work had caused his hands to fail and his knuckles and fingers to seize. Nyla had worked on a couple of ointments to heal and ease his pain, but she had just recently perfected her recipe and Mr. Nakamura was overjoyed. More so was Nyla, as the couple traded her salves for loaves of bread and a couple of treats.

The heavy door swung open and the scent of baked bread and sugar wafted into the street. Sakura hopped from excitement as the first scrap was tossed to the ground. Nyla's mouth grew wide, showing her pearly teeth at Mrs. Nakamura.

"My dear, you never disappoint! Come--" The elder woman said, tossing another piece of scrap on the floor before waving, inviting her herbalist friend inside.

Reaching the first step, Nyla removed her slippers before walking inside. She inhaled deeply, as Mrs. Nakamura opened the windows. "I could never get tired of that smell." Nyla reached into her bag and pulled out two large vials filled with a thick, milky substance.

The elder woman chuckled. "Neither can I. Now where did I put--" The woman scattered throughout the room, searching "--let me search the kitchen." She left through one of the thresholds.

Walking up to the nearest window, Nyla rested her forearms on the frame and looked out. She stretched and yawned and she scanned the usual setting. Artisans placing jewelry on their racks, hunters displaying preserved meat in their stalls, farmers filled their baskets with new fruit and vegetables. Today a new vegetable stall opened, bringing another smile to her face. Tenchi's mountain was slowly thriving and coming back to life which meant there was more agriculture, more farmers and more food for the city.

Her thoughts were interrupted and her smile wiped out of her face. A troop of six armed imperial soldiers, marched down the street through the market place, toward the gate. As the passed through, a tall man broke from the group and into the market. He had long, thick black hair and fine clothes. She could tell by the fabric of his Kimono and his stance, that he was nobility. But who? Why?

"I keep telling Akinari to keep the empty vials in the washroom, he knows he's clumsy! It's the second time this week--" The woman's voice echoed back into the room. She paused when she noticed Nyla staring out the window, unresponsive. Two empty vials in one hand, and a basket in the other, she approached her herbalist. "Are you alright dear?"

It took her a moment to respond. "Oh!" She shook her head and turned to face her. "Let me help you. I'm terribly sorry--" She grabbed the baked goods and tossed them inside her empty bag, placed the basket on the ground and replaced the empty vials with the ointment. "-- I saw a troop of soldiers march through and--"

"Imperial Soldiers?" The woman asked, picking up the glasses that hung on her chest and putting them on.

"They should be down the street by now." They both peaked out the left, but they were long gone.

"They probably came from the palace. More and more soldiers are being sent to Nippon to join the expeditionary forces." Nyla's face hardened. Unpleasant memories swelled her thoughts, her heat felt heavier in her chest than it did before. "Bless their hearts. Sacrificing everything like that to keep our nation safe." Nyla turned away from the window. ''Oh!"

"What's wrong?" Nyla exclaimed, startled.

"Akinari!" She yelled at her husband. "Akinari!"

"What's wrong?" Nyla asked again.

"It's the prince! Here in Tenchi City?" She nervously responded.

"The prince? Isn't the prince supposed to be at Nippon?"

"That there is the second born son. He retired as General of the Imperial Second Army and is Daimyo of Yamagata now. No wonder the imperial army was around!"

Nyla turned around instinctively to search for the prince, but what her eyes spotted was a sight of pure horror. Sakura had seen him before her and was avidly pulling on the man's red kimono with clenched teeth. She cursed under her breath, picked up the bottom on her cloak and ran towards the scene. Her bags hit the floor harder than she had intended them too, she heard a vial break in the process. "Sakura, stop!" She yelled, before picking up the small dog, who let go of his clothing in response.

"I'm sorry, she likes to play."
She offered him a fake smile. She looked up at him, trying to hide her intimidation. This was the General? The man who overlooked Koji and Ryusei's expedition? Did he watch them die? She felt twisted inside. Both curious and angry.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Nobushige Ezofuji-no-Yamagata
The Prince Yamagata
Daimyo of Yamagata Province
Steward of the Summer Palace
Head of the Ezofuji-no-Yamagata

"Knowledge is not power, it is only potential.
Applying that knowledge is power.
Understanding why and when to apply that knowledge is wisdom!"

Spoiler:
----------------------------------------------------------

Nobushige Ezofuji.  Now Nobushige Ezofuji-no-Yamagata.  The Prince Yamagata.  Daimyo of Yamagata Province.  Steward of the Summer Palace.  Head of the Ezofuji Branch Family, the Ezofuji-no-Yamagata Clan.

For the past ten years he had been General of the Imperial Second Army.  The second highest officer position in the strongest army of the Imperial Armies.  The only army that saw action in these peaceful times.  Fighting against the demons.

He had spent ten years, from the day he turned 18, until just a few weeks ago, serving in the military on behalf of his father.  He had made his father proud--for all he could not emulate Nobunaga's ruthlessness in the face of adversity and rebellion.

Nobushige had made the nation proud.  He had served with honour, and fought well.  He had fought alongside his brother, his only superior officer.

Nobushige missed him dearly.  He missed the army to.

He had been recently retired--by choice--so he could return to the mainland and take up the mantle of regional Daimyo of Yamagata Province at his father's request.

Nobushige missed the army.  Missed the command.  But he loved the freedom of being a Daimyo.

He kept order and regulation and schedule in his life by working out regularly.  But other than that, he was free to do as he pleased.  Usually he spent that time practicing his swordsmanship or bending.  Reading books.  And often, as he was doing now, exploring local markets for small baubles and trinkets to add to his compulsive collection.

Nobushige, for this week, was visiting his brother, Nobuyuki, Daimyo of Tenchi.  The two were not especially close, but they were closer than Nobuyuki and Nobumori.  Even Nobutada and Nobuyuki did not speak often, as they were so different.

It had been so long since Nobushige had seen any of his family to be truthful, he relished even moments with any of his siblings.

The first thing Nobushige had done was visit his family in the capital.  He visited Kenreimon at the Izumo Grand Shrine in the capital.

The two had always been close and she demanded he write to he r and send her gifts when he left.   She was 8 years old then.  Now she was 18.  She was High Priestess of the Empire now.

Then, Nobushige spent some time at the palace, visited his father, Nobunaga, the Emperor.  Received his debriefing about what was to happen to him.

Nobushige saw Hana, his sister, the Imperial Assassin that ran the Imperial Vanguard and the Ezofuji Twelve Braves--the personal ninja guard and assassins of the Emperor.  The Vanguard protected the Emperor and his family, but the Ezofuji Twelve Braves were the black hand of the Emperor.

Then, Nobushige met with his sister Sayuri, Ambassador to the Empire and its Imperial Family.  She lived outside the city at the Ezofuji Estate, making wine in her spare time and painting.

Then Nobushige went by Yanagi Province to visit his younger brother, Nobumori, and congratulate him on his recent engagement to the future Queen of the Four Winds, Adelaide Hirahara.

Then, Nobushige went by Tenchi.  Here he was now.

Here he would see, and had spent time, his brother Nobuyuki.  The Black Sheep of the Ezofuji siblings--though Nobuyuki would say Nobumori was the black sheep.

While here, Nobushige decided--while Nobuyuki was out at a meeting--to browse the local market for wares and baubles.

It was a habit he picked up in Nippon, thanks to Kenreimon.  He would send her letters with little trinkets to show her he was still alive every day.

Now he did it for himself.  For fun.  Something to do--and to support local craftsmen.

Nobushige touched the dangling cherry blossom figuring that dangled from the end of his sword, strung to the hilt by a golden threat.

Something Nobushige picked up at the Siege of Kamikimura.  Demons laid siege to the town for a week...it was completely unheard of before.  Demons being organized.

Nobushige sighed as he thought of the dead girl who handed it to him as she lay there bleeding out.  Thanking him for trying to save her...but that it was just...too...

He moved his mind to a kinder topic.

Nobushige walked through the crowded city streets.  He didn't like having the retinue of six guards around him.  In fact he hated it.  He wasn't on a battlefield.

He left the army and Nippon to get away from this.  He didn't need the retinue. Nobushige could handle anything that came at him.  He wasn't a General for nothing.

General Nobushige Ezofuji, the Demonsbane. The Red Slayer.  The Crimson Vengeance.

The only man to take out a Great Tengu single-handed.

Nobushige froze as he was about to approach a small booth of carved figures.  Something tugged on the hem of his robes.

First he thought it was a child.  Nobushige could hear the whispers as they noticed him.  He sighed.  He hated the attention.  Nobuyuki was his brother, but he was an idiot.  The retinue of crimson-clad soldiers only made him stand out more for anyone trying to kill him.

Nobushige looked down at the thing tugging at his robe, and let out a laugh as he realized it was a tiny little dog.

He knelt down, let the creature sniff his hand, and patted it gently on its head.  "Atta...boy?  Girl?"

A woman walked over.  More like ran over, barreling several people over in an attempt to get her dog.  She flashed him a smile Nobushige wasn't entirely sure wasn't fake.

"It's quite alright," smiled Nobushige, though this time genuinely, "I love animals.  How old is she?"

Nobushige couldn't shake the feeling that this girl wanted to rip his hear out through his nose, but didn't know why.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Nylaaa
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Nylaaa

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:20 pm

"chikushō" Nyla cursed again, hearing the vials crunch and clink inside her bag. She silently prayed that the salves were broken and not the anti-poison medicine she made for the small clinic in the city. Her eyes darted back at Nobushige, who didn't seem phased at all by Sakura's behavior.

"She's about a year." She replied dryly, looking away and trying to avoid eye contact with the prince. Sakura barked at him. She dropped to her knees, tossing Sakura gently to the side. "Bad dog!" She yelled at her canine companion, who proudly tip toed away into a pair of hollering children. Nyla nervously dug her hands inside her bad to search for the broken vials but a piece of broken glass pierced her index finger.

With a yelp, she pulled her hands out, quickly yanking the glass from the finger and sticking it into her mouth. She sucked on her wound and closed her eyes, letting out an anxious breath through her nose. The morning had taken a sour turn. If that medicine gets into any other vial, it will be too contaminated for her to sell with good conscience. Her finger popped out of her mouth , she leaned her head back and opened her eyes.

A pair of brown eyes stared back at her. She had almost forgotten he was there. Her gaping mouth shut tightly together and she was filled with a turmoil of emotions. She hadn't thought about her husband in weeks, about her brother and father in an even longer amount of time. She had locked her memories to avoid heartbreak and the painful process of grieving. She felt guilty. Yet this man, he knew them. He led them. They trusted him. Was he there the day they died? Had he seen them? Did he lead them to their demise?

Her heart sunk. Her eyes swelled for the first time in a long time. A terrible and unfortunately familiar feeling grew in the pitch of her stomach. Tears formed in the creases of her eyes as she glared at him.  How foolish was she? Couldn't keep it together long enough to just make her deliveries and head back to her cottage? That a complete stranger could stop her in her tracks and nearly impair her thoughts. How unstable was she really? Why couldn't she just... move on?

"I have to go."
She said softly, but continued to stare at him for a couple of minutes. She debated whether or not to say something, whether to ask him about her family and maybe get some closure. She wasn't that strong, she wasn't ready. She adjusted one of her bags, leaving one on the floor. She broke eye contact before nervously storming out of the market place. Sakura athletically ran towards her owner, following her as quickly as she could towards the gate.

The sound of the gate closing behind her was a sweet relief, she exhaled, tossing her slippers aside and allowing the tears to roll down her cheek. She walked barefoot into the forest and when she was a couple of trees behind her she remained still, frigid. A deep mixture of emotions swirled inside of her. Her hands clenched tightly into fists. She began to hyperventilate, her face felt hot, her mind hazy.

"AGH!" She screamed as loud as she could, throwing herself again on her knees and pounding her fists as hard as she could on the ground. Instantly, thick tree roots rose from the ground while dirt fell from the rising roots like rain, creating an eerily landscape. Nyla's breathing started slow.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Nobushige Ezofuji-no-Yamagata
The Prince Yamagata
Head of the Ezofuji-no-Yamagata

Spoiler:

Nobushige merely stood there in complete shock as the woman went through, what seemed like, a full roster of personalities and emotions before his face.

As a General, a Prince, and an honourable warrior, Nobushige remained composed and calm. He did not know what caused this woman to act this why, and why she went from reverent and kind to angry and flighty, only that her reasons were her own and they should be respected.

Nobushige watched as the girl sucked her finger. A wound. Blood. Nobushige could see her blood. He was reminded of all the blood on his hands, literally. Villagers, commoners, travelers, friends, subordinates. Left to die, bleed, as the demon wounds were filled with a dark power that could not be healed.

Nobushige tried to save so many...lost so many more.

He tuned back in just in time to see the woman storm off, announcing she had to leave.

People in the crowd began whispering and murmuring amongst themselves. Nobushige, however, said nothing.

He turned to the Sergeant of his guard squad. "Captain," he stated authoritatively, "I want a horse. Immediately. I must pursue that girl."

The Sergeant placed a hand on his blade. Several of the other men reached for their tanegashima firearms. "Is she a danger or a traitor sir? Do you think she meant you harm?"

Nobushige disliked how trigger happy soldiers in the Mainland were. The Imperial First Army was saved for defending the Mainland and other Six Nation provinces, colonies, territories and interests. They saw relatively no action, and were kept around out of potential need and deterrent. They were a glorified police force.

These men did not know battle or the hardships of war. They did not know temperance or patience.

Always eager to go shoot something or chase something down.

Nobushige lay into them for it. "Sergeant, do not question your superior officer. As a Prince of the Empire, Daimyo of Yamagata Province and General of the Imperial Second Army, I outrank and outclass you. I have given you an order. Get me a horse, now. Or I will have you shipped off to the Tenmu-roya Prison for insubordination. Do I make myself clear?"

"But s-sir. Your brother, our lord, made its specifically clear that you are to be--"

Nobushige cut them out with a glare. "My brother is a fool. You may tell him so yourself when you return to the palace. You are dismissed, Sergeant."

The Sergeant bowed. "Yes, sir!" he replied, before dashing off to commandeer Nobushige a horse.

Once Nobushige was mounted comfortably, he sent the Sergeant and his men away, and chased off after the woman. Her and the dog had left the city, out into the wilds of Mount Tenchi. Past the gates.

The hoof beats caused the ground to shake, beating out a rhythm into the dust that kicked up dust and debris behind Nobushige. His goal was singular.

Find the woman; find out what was wrong.

Something about her seemed preordained. Meeting her was no accident. Nothing in this life truly ever was--Nobushige learned this the hard way.

He dashed through the city gates and out into the forests. He followed the cart tracks in the dirt as he slowed his horse down to a light canter. She had gone off into the depths of the newly grown forest. Perhaps to her home...perhaps to gather herbs?

Judging by the vials that clinked about in her back and the smell of herbs and remedies that came from the cart, Nobushige could only discern she was a herbalist or healer of some kind. It would not be wrong to assume she lived out in the wilds, where herbs and plants grew more readily available.

It would be more convenient to harvest and process these herbs nearer to home and cart them into the city than it would to go pick them, bring them back, process them and then sell them. The fresher the herbs the more portent the remedy, and the closer a herbalist lived to her garden, the faster she would get the herbs home for processing--and thus--the fresher the herbs would be.
Back to top Go down
Nylaaa
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Nylaaa

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Numbing limbs and blurry vision, Nyla's heart pumped harder and slower. With failing balance and what seemed like a dwindling life force, her heavy eyelids closed shut. The back of her head slammed hard against the damp ground, her body collapsed and she fell from exhaustion. Unknowingly, she had exerted a great amount of energy that was fueled by anger in her earlier fit. Nyla knew she could sense nature at a young age. She learned how to channel her energy out and in the earth, helping flowers bloom and fruit ripen. In time she learned the extent of her gift. How the roots of trees crackled and moved, and how she could sense if animal felt fear, hunger or exhaustion.

She was tied to the forest, she had always known. It was always her home. She was foolish to go into the city and try to start a family. It was her destiny to help the mountains sprout. There was no room in her future for friends or love. This was her calling. This is where she belonged, with the trees, the flowers, the animals, the blood...

Red covered her fingers that had grazed the back of her throbbing head. When her eyes opened, she noticed it running down her fingers. She reached again towards the back of her head and winced at the open wound. It wasn't large, but it was open and bleeding. A whimper and a whine grew louder in her ears as the ringing that deafened her, echoed away. The wind blew, her body was still numb. Blotches of blue, green and white slowly turned into trees, clouds and a blue sky. The cries got louder.

"S-Sakura?"

Nyla struggled to get on her feet. There was a shooting pain on the back of her head, but her limbs were slowly starting to feel normal again. She slowly rolled over, covering herself in dried leaves and dirt. Sakura was hanging from a root and abruptly sprung up due to Nyla's outburst. Slowly, she sat up. Sakura's tail wagged in excitement as she clung on to the thick root. "You're not very dexterous, are you?". Nyla croaked, Sakura replied with a bark. It took her a couple of tries but with shaking legs, she got on her feet. She slowly made her way to her pet to help her down, before Sakura launched herself towards Nyla knocking her back down on the floor.

It was hard to stay mad at her when Sakura eagerly licked her face. "Stop!" She said, half-honest. A bit more energy came back to her body. Her dog jumped away from her body and perked up. A horse's gallop echoed quite closely, her ears arched at attention. "What's wrong girl?" Suddenly, a large horse burst into the clearing and circled around the ring of roots. She stumbled, but eventually found her footing. To her surprise, it was it was the Daimyo she'd met earlier at the marketplace. Her cheeks burned from embarrassment as she recalled their first encounter. She was bloodied and dirty and not ready for a second impression.

"Market Noble." She called out, attempting to clean off the dried leaves on the skirt of her robe. "Are you lost?" She added, smoothing her hair. "Can I help you?" Sakura barked from excitement, Nyla tapped her with her foot.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Fujiwara no Nobushige
The Prince Yamagata
Head of the Fujiwara Clan

Spoiler:

Nobushige found the girl in a clearing.  She was near a small hovel and garden just down the way--a place that Nobushige assumed was hers.  But something was different...something was offer here.

The girl's cold, almost angry demeanour was one thing.  She was very direct.  Calling him Market Noble.  Nobuyuki might've taken offence to that.  Princes in the past had imprisoned for less.  But Nobushige wasn't like that.

In fact he was far more concerned with the scent of blood in the area.

The dog barked as Nobushige silently dismounted his horse.  He looked around.

There was blood on the ground.  Blood on the girl's hands.

Nobushige's investigative nature kicked in.

He kept searching.  Blood stained the gir's neck...her nape...her robes around the shoulders.  Nobushige circled around and saw the gash on the back of the girl's head.

"Madame," started Nobushige, ever formally, "I do not wish to alarm you.  But it seems you are bleeding profusely.  I must insist that you seek medical attention, as I cannot assist in cauterizing this wound so close to your hair...lest the results be...problematic for your beauty."

Nobushige looked over at the girl's hovel.  "Do you, per chance, have any herbal, or medicinal remedies within your home, over yonder?"

Nobushige extended his arm to the woman.  "If I may?" he stated.

His hope was to allow the woman, as any gentleman would, a chance to lean on him and his support as she walked back to her place.  She was losing blood, and might have a concussion.  From what Nobushige saw of the ground she had hit her head.  If the woman didn't take it easy soon she'd risk a concussion.

Nobushige would not be the reason another innocent died.
Back to top Go down
Nylaaa
Advanced Novice
Advanced Novice
Nylaaa

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Irritated, both by the gash in her head and the man extending his hand to help her. Of all the people that could have found her out here in the forest, it had to be the Market Noble. Pride aside, she was bleeding from her wound and her energy levels were dangerously low. She knew better than to turn away help now. She did not know him and felt the urge to be cautious. They were alone and at the moment, Nyla was helpless. But the forest was hers, she was in her element, she knew that with some effort, the forest would help her defend herself. She just needed sunlight, a clearing of some sort.

There was so little time to choose, she could feel the warm liquid ooze down her neck. It was time for a gamble. Nyla grasped the man's forearm and pulled herself closely to him, nearly toppling on his chest. His robes felt soft against her cheek, she did not feel guilty to soil them with her blood. Dazed, she remained there for a cycle of breaths, her vision started to get blurry, her fingers nipped at the cold.

"I know not of the amount of women you've encountered in your palaces and towers, but my beauty is the least of my concerns, my prince" She said, spiteful. "I don't know if you've got good intentions or not, but I am bleeding regardless. You were a general, were you not? Did you ever stitch your soldiers wounds?" Her shaking hands reached up, touching the gash at the bottom of her head, above her nape."I have needles, thread and Rikā in my cottage. I also h-have some s-salves"

She didn't need to say anything else. She needed that wound closed, if they went back into the city, she could risk more blood loss or even infection. Nyla would do it herself if she could, but it wasn't in her hands any longer. She was too weak to move any further, too dizzy to find any kind of orientation. She was in the Market Noble's hands now, whether that was a good thing or bad, would be determined soon. Her free arm weakly wrapped around his waist, she clenched him tighter for warmth. Sakura whined in the background.

How cruel was fate to place her at the mercy of the last man to witness the end of her lover's life? Was this how it was supposed to be? Was the fire nation so corrupted, so vile, cursed? She could heal on her own, she knew that. She could beckon the man to leave her in peace but a huge part of her didn't want to. She longed for company, where before she hid from it. The general stirred a something inside her she couldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Fujiwara no Nobushige
The Prince Yamagata
Head of the Fujiwara Clan

Spoiler:

"I have some experience with a thread and needle, madame," nodded Nobushige, carefully guiding Nyla and her dog, which followed them faithfully, towards her small hut. The horse remained behind in the clearing, grazing on the grass and small sprouts that grew in the area.

"I would normally prefer to cauterize the wound and clean it before treating it...but I shall admit, I have no intention to burn your hair off by doing so," confessed Nobushige, "And I would like to humbly assure you my intentions are nothing more than pure and innocent. I come for reasons that are my own--but they are not devious, I promise you."

Nobushige could see they were but a few feet from Nyla's place. It was a simple place. The walls were mud/clay brick, supported by wooden beams. A raised porch of wood. A roof for the porch. The entire place was covered in a thatched, sloping roof, that was covered in thick, dried reeds and grasses. A wooden beam that curved upwards on both sides parted the roof at the highest point.

Your typical house.

Small. Single room. Nothing fancy, but still very nice to behold. A vast difference from the palaces Nobushige was used to, but a welcomed change.

As Nobushige, the puppy, and the woman entered the home, removing their shoes on the porch--Nobushige was not a barbarian--before they slid open the door.

Inside Nobushige could see that the floor was wooden, but the hearth where the cooking fire was, completely with hanging hook for a pot, sat inside the ground. One would sit inside the lowered portion of the house, using the floor as a seat, and eat or cook around this hearth.

A bed roll in the corner. A simple pillow and blanket on the futon bed roll.

A single stair dresser for what could be clothing, and a trunk on the far end for herbs it seemed and vials.

Dried and drying herbs hung from the ceiling on ropes and small hooks. Nobushige was amazed and impressed.

He could see, atop the stair dresser, khol and powders meant to be used as make-ups.

It was a spartan living, but a nice place regardless.

He sat the woman by the hearth, and went searching for the herbs, needle, and thread. He rushed back to her side immediately and began to examine the wound, pushing hair out of the way, tying hers up so it stayed away from the wound.

"I shall wash this first," stated Nobushige, "To answer your question from earlier, madem, I have some skill with a needle and thread. Sometimes we would lose our medics in the the war...sometimes they could not get to everyone in time. I tried to help out to make sure we saved as many as we could. But I shall admit...I'm not a professional...still I would not let you do such a task alone. You have not the strength after losing that much blood."

Nobushige ran out to the well in the garden and gathered a fresh bucket of spring water. He returned with a rag, which he tore from the hem of his robes, and placed the water to boil, using his Fire Bending to heat the black pot that hung above the fire pit.

He held the robe-rag against the woman's head as they waited for the water.

They didn't say much. The woman was completely out of it from the blood loss. And she still didn't look the friendliest towards him. Though Nobushige would never know why--yet.

Within minutes the water had boiled and Nobushige began to throw in some charcoal pieces he found in the woman's medicine trunk and threw them into the bought. One thing Nobushige knew was his medicines.

Charchoal was unbeatable for drawing foreign objects and infections from wounds. It would be good for cleaning.

Nobushige dabbed at the wound with the hot, charcoaly watery rag, cleaning the wound carefully until all blood and bits of dirt were gone. It bled still, but not as bad as before.

With that, Nobushige began the hard part--sewing the wound shut.

Nobushige didn't remember much of this next bit, he sewed up the woman's wound with virtually no mistakes. Though she winced and was in pain through most of it, to her credit she didn't pass out or cry out in anguish.

It could not have been a pleasant experience either way.

Regardless, Nobushige commended her.

While she lay there, pressing a warm compress to her head, Nobushige began working on a salve for the wound he would soon wrap.

Walking over to the trunk, Nobushige founded everything he needed. Chamomile and tea tree oil, for for anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial purposes. Calendula, or pot marigold, like regular marigold, but it held antioxidants within it and promoted blow flow to wounds to promote healing. Yarrow, for fighting infection, improve healing and fighting infections.

Were it not the middle of summer in the Empire, Nobushige might've used honey. It was great for antibacterial and antimicrobial purposes--especially the honey of the manuka bush--but the woman didn't need bees, wasps and flies swarming her. Besides, sticky honey in one's hair was not pleasant.

Nobushige turned to the woman, the salve crushed and ready in the pestel and mortar. He applied some to the sutured wound, and then wrapped several bandages around her head, applied a new layer of the salve to the bandages that lay over the wound with each layer of the wrap.

Once all was said and done, it wasn't the prettiest bandage job, but it would do, and it would keep the woman healthy and alive--that's what mattered.

Nobushige sat back and cleaned his hands in the nor warm water. "How does that do, madame? How do you feel? You should really eat to regain strength but...for now, let us rest, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain   The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Burgeon of Tenchi Mountain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: Empire of the Sun :: Imperial Mainland :: Tenchi Province :: Tenchi Mountain :: Tenchi-
Jump to: