Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_vote_lcapThe Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_voting_barThe Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_vote_lcapThe Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_voting_barThe Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Loremaster General

The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook Empty
PostSubject: The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook   The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:42 am

The Dawn Crusade and its illustrious Grand Master, Wesley Sin'dorei, hereby pronounce the first ever annual Light of Dawn Tournament!

Keep your wits about you, and be brave as you enter the Labyrinth of Champions, and face your darkest fears from the deepest pits of hell.  Champions and Heroes are needed in times as dark as these, and it is the responsibility to be prepared for battle at any moment.

The Avatar cannot watch a world this large alone; not anymore.  The people must take their fate in their own hands.  Therefore only the bravest of the brave may enter the stone walls of the Labyrinth.

Steel your hearts, harden your resolve, and prepare for the time of your life--for it may very well end it.  Before you enter however...here are the rules that one must know, if they are to brave their way to Drak'Tharon Keep and fight for the championship, and the title "The Light of Dawn" and all glory associated with victory!

Rules of the Tournament

PLEASE ENSURE YOU'VE READ THROUGH THE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING IN YOUR TOPIC.

1. The tournament is held In-Character (IC) and will affect your character in-game.

2. Death is not permitted in this tournament, much like the Tenkaichi Bending-kai.  Death of NPCs, AKA the Bosses, is permitted, just not of Playable Characters.

3. You are allowed 1 loss, and 1 restart.  Your second loss will conclude in your defeat from the tournament.

4. You must remain in one single topic until you reach Phase 2, at which point new topics will be created for those who are eligible.

5. Mechanics work similar to the Tenkaichi Bending-kai tournament, using the same random number generator, the code is:
Code:
[rand]NUMBER[/rand]
You will have 50,000 HP, and 2500 Damage to start with (more information on healing and damage increases below).  Defence and Attack Accuracy are rolled out of 10.

6. New mechanics have been added in the form of counters.  When your attack and your enemies defence, or vice versa, are equal, for example and 8 and an 8, a counter occurs.  The defender who counters automatically inflicts damage through a counter attack.  The damage is half of the damage of the attack countered; a counter cannot be blocked.  Those who counter may also attack in the same post as a counter, as a counter attack does not count as a regular attack.

7. Do not edit posts under any circumstances.  The only exceptions are posts where rolls have not rolled properly.  If you wish to edit a post, or you are asked to edit a post by the Loremaster or Admin, please preserve the rolls and notify the staff before your edit.  This is because when edited, rolls change; and changing rolls throws off the tournament and could count as changing.

8. Unlike the Tenkaichi Bending-kai tournament, weapons are permitted, as are multiple elements, provided they are approved before the start of the tournament.

Tournament Layout

Phase 1 - The Labyrinth of Champions | Weeks 1-5

Users will travel through the Labyrinth, defeating beasts, monsters and demons alike.  You will start with 50,000 HP and 2500 Damage.  Every time you defeat a monster you can recover half of the damage done to you that round, and your damage counter goes up by 25% with each win.  You may only lose once, giving you one single, second chance.  You will be sent back to the start of the previous boss battle you won, with full health but your damage counter reset.  If you lose a second time you are out of the tournament.

Phase 2 - Drak'Tharon Keep/Gun'Drak | Weeks 6-8

Only the three strongest champions will be allowed entrance into Drak'Tharon Keep.  Those who are not eligible for entrance will be sent to Gun'Drak, the catacombs beneath Drak'Tharon Keep for bonus prizes, loot, etc.  Meanwhile the three strongest champions, those with the most health and highest damage dealt throughout the tournament will be pitted against each other within the keep, while also having to fend off attacks from creatures kept imprisoned within the keep by the Dawn Crusade.  The battle ends when one man is left standing, or all three have fallen.  In the event of a tie, an extra week will be given where a Boss Battle will be added to decide the winner.  First to fall loses.

Competitors

Entrant #1
Username: Stephy the Flamewarden
Character Name: Audurna Yan
Link to Application: Click Here
Element(s):
Fire [Main]
Lightning [Sub]
Ante: 100,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #2
Username: Sara the Flamewarden
Character Name: Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi
Element(s):
Water [Main]
Ice [Sub]
Ante: 200,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #3
Username: Niya the Flamewarden
Character Name: Kamui Leiheng
Element(s):
Fire (Black Flames) [Main]
Lightning [Sub]
Ante: 2,000,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #4
Username: Lyssa the Flamewarden
Character Name: Alyssandra Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi
Element(s):
Fire [Main]
Lightning [Sub]
Ante: 100,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #5
Username: Aero Xross
Character Name: Aero Agemi
Link to Application: https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com/t3838-aero-agemi
Element(s): Air (Light possibly by then)
Ante: 10,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #6
Username: Plays With Squirrels
Character Name: Tyrandé Dal'anara
Element(s):
Spirit
Pets:
Ash,Alah, the Spirit Tiger
Ante: 2,000,000,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #7
Username: Rigzden
Character Name: Zhekt Garasu
Link to Application: https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com/t3859-zhekt-garasu
Element(s): Sandbender (Earthbending)
Ante: 1000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #8
Username: Tenka Musou Great and Powerful Demon Slayer
Character Name: Kuma Kurebayashi
Link to Application: Right here!
Element(s): Water/Ice
Ante: 200,000 Gold Pieces

Entrant #9
Username: Leosan
Character Name: Drago Pheonix
Link to application: here
Elements: fire, Lightning[sub], Black lightning [Master]
Ante: 700,000

The Champion's Pot

Here is the current size of the champion's pot.  The final three will receive the pickings of the pot, including all the Ante's offered at the start of the tournament as well as anything offered by the tournament afterwards.  The first place winner will receive the largest cut, then the second place winner, and finally third place.

A small announcement as well, the Dawn Crusade will be matching, gold for gold, the total ante from all champions and adding it to the pot, with possibility of adding more gold later.

The current total winner's pot is:

Entrant's Ante Total: 2,003,311,000 Gold Pieces
Tournament's Ante Total: 2,003,311,000 Gold Pieces
Total Winner's Pot: 4,005,722,000 Gold Pieces

Now, without further ado, let the tournament begin!  Good luck Champions!  Remember, from light comes darkness, and from darkness light.  Fight so there will always be a dawn tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

The Light of Dawn Tournament 2016 - The Champion's Handbook
Page 1 of 1