Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_vote_lcap[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_voting_bar[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Niya
Niya

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) Empty
PostSubject: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Owlan sat at the end of the table before Raiden, waiting for the King to speak.  Nothing had been said by either Monarch since Owlan's arrival a few hours ago.  Raiden had called his cousin with an urgent messenger hawk, but the speed at which Raiden had approached any sort of subject--which is to say none at all--did not reflect it.  After Raiden finished sipping his wine, which he had just called for, the ancient monarch cleared his throat, and finally spoke, but not the words Owlan expected.

"So, you wish to know why it is I called you here?" asked Raiden, "Why I did so so urgently?"  Owlan nodded, "I do," he stated simply, "I heard it was a black ribbon message, I thought the worst--but I'm glad you safe.  It's just...what was so important--"  "--That I needed to call you home from the field of study in Nippon?" asked Raiden plainly, "Your response is such: I want you to replace me as Spirit King."  Owlan rose from his seat, "Why?" asked Owlan shocked, "Why me? Infact, why anyone? This is your job, you do it so well, besides I have my Empire."  "Do not make excuses, it does not become you." Said Raiden, "I know you are intrigued by this position, but you do wonder why.  I know all, remember?"

Owlan sat back down, "So, why me?" he asked, "Why now?"  Raiden laughed, "Is it not obvious?" he asked, "I no longer have a love of this job....I have been at it for over a century...and as fun as ti has been, what is the point of Immortality if you have no one to share it with?  Claudia is gone, she has left me.  My dear wife, Dianne, and my two sons, they are gone as well; dead no doubt.  And even with all of this power I cannot bring them back....not without...repercussions.  I am not strong enough, not resolute enough....not anymore.  I cannot do this job any longer."

Raiden sat back down, sighed and snapped his fingers, instantly creating a glass and bottle of wine, making both appear on the table.  He picked it up, and drank some daintily, "It's absolutely tasteless, did you know that?" asked Raiden rhetorically, "Food and drink...no matter how rich, has no taste whatsoever anymore.  I miss life, Owlan, I miss pleasure, and fun.  I have seen you in the Ullondorian Wars, you are a brave man, and I know you support peace and balance.  You are the only many alive to master three elements at once, and that, I know, takes true balance.  That is why, cousin, I have asked you to take my place."

Owlan paused for a moment, wanting to reach out, but hesitating.  Wanting to answer, but the words jumbling up in his throat.  Owlan did not know how to respond, so many questions filled his head, and then left his lips.  "What of the Empire? I cannot just leave it....there is so much left to do."  Raiden smiled, "Always leave them wanting more, and then trust you successors and descendants to do what is right for the people."  "And who is to take over? None of my children are old enough...I haven't even chosen an heir.  I don't know whether to pick Alyssandra or Izanagi...I was hoping I would have decades left to decide, you know how much Alyssandra wants the throne, and how much legal right Izanagi has to it.  I have spent so little time with my youngest children as well....the wars, and now this---"

Raiden chuckled again, raising his hand to silence the Emperor, "If I may make a suggestion?" asked Raiden, "Ask Eldunar to step in, take the throne until both your children are old enough.  Do not name a successor.  If your children are truly of the Ezofuji blood, their destinies will befall them soon enough.  If not, well, they will work things out."

Owlan sighed, and ran his fingers through his long white hair.  He exhaled deeply, and then looked back up at Raiden.  "Are....what do I have to do?" he asked, "Is there some kind of ceremony? Something I need to do?"  Raide nodded, "Just one thing." He said grimly, "Die."  Owlan looked at Raiden as if he was joking, but quickly changed his face when he noticed he wasn't.  "What do you mean, die?"  Raiden stood up, and removed his armor breastplate, followed by his the upper half of his robes.

Owlan almost threw up at what he saw, the skin around the ribs of his chest cavity was emaciated and dissolved in places, and the inside of his chest cavity was hollow and black, and held a large, glowing blue ord.  Raiden smiled, "Do not be afraid," he said, "What you see here, is the source of my power, the source of all Spiritual power in the universe.  It is called the Heart of the World.  All energy starts from here, and ends up back in here.  It carries the souls of all the living and dead, and the power to control them.  This is what binds the world of the living to the world of the dead, and the physical world to the spirit world."

"Such a thing exists...." said Owlan, still quite pale with fear, "How....and inside of someone?"  "I do not know, I did not create it," said Raiden, "But it is something sacred and powerful.  I do know, however, that the only way one may posses it is if they are dead, and take the throne of the Spirit King as theirs.  Otherwise one may not take it."  Owlan sighed, "So, how am I to kill myself?" asked Owlan, "Knife, sword, poison?"  Raiden smiled, "No no, nothing as savage and barbaric as that," he said, "You will take a special mixture.  It will preserve your body after death, long enough for you to go through the initiation.  So long as your body isn't destroyed it should all work out well.  Just don't get buried or burnt and you'll be fine.  Your body may be put on display for your nation and family to mourn, but I don't see much point in it, you'll be back soon enough."

"How long?" asked Owlan, "How long will I be dead? And what do you mean initiate?"  "Not long," said Raiden, "Just two or three days.  And by that I mean, you....well essentially it will be like soul searching.  Your soul will be in limbo, in the infinite blackness of death.  You will be confronted by the souls of all your ancestors, at least, the ones that choose to show themselves anyway."  Owlan felt a sudden pang in his stomach, he would be coming face to face with some of the worlds greatest leaders.  Some of the nations greatest Fire Lords....and maybe even his father...it was all just too much, but it was too late to change his mind.

"Just...just one last question," asked Owlan carefully, "What happens to you?"  Raiden smiled, "I die." He said, "The soul here will leave me, along with my immortality, and the age will catch up with me, and I will be reduced to dust and die."  "But--" protested Owlan, but Raiden stopped him.  "I am almost a century and a half old," he said, "My time has come, believe me.  I shall die, and that is that.  It is time."  Owlan remained silent once more, and then stood up, "Very well, send a messenger hawk--" started Owlan, but once more he was cut off, "I have, just now," said Raiden as he snapped his fingers, "Omnipotence is amazing....I shall miss it, but happiness is better."  Raiden snapped his fingers again, and a stone goblet full of thick, grey liquid appeared on the table.  

"That's it?" asked Owlan, "That's what I must drink?"  Raiden nodded, "As soon as you take it, all will change, but for the better."  Owlan nodded, "Very well," he said, and he picked up the goblet.  He nodded to Raiden one last time, a final goodbye to his centuries old cousin.  "Goodbye," they whispered in unison, and as the liquid touched Owlan's lips, he went down his throat like sweet ambrosia, and as he drank the last drop, his vision went black and he hit the cold floor.  His cousin slowly began to emaciate with each sip, and his skin slowly peeled and ashed, until finally he was nothing but a pile of dust on the ground, and as his final exhale left his mouth in the form of a small gust of wind, the blue light from his chest shot into Owlan's corpse on the floor.  The process of change had begun.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan woke to a cold darkness that was as close to death as he would ever get.  This realm, not death not life but limbo, contained nothing but a blackness that went on forever.  It also had, what Owlan had to assume was a floor, although it was so dark he could not tell, and for all he knew Owlan could be falling at this moment.  Suddenly, a voice cut through the silence, a voice that made Owlan jump.  "So, you're finally awake eh?" jeered the voice in a friendly tone, "Even I only took but a few short minutes to come to.  Then again my death was permanent...."

Owlan turned towards the direction of the voice, and saw a very familiar face standing there, greeting him.  The man had long red hair, that matched his long red trench coat.  His red eyes seemed to glare into Owlan's very soul, and see his every thought, but his smile that breached his pointed face exuded confidence, cockiness, and strength.  "Father..." whispered Owlan in disbelief, "How?"  "We get to choose whether or not we'd like to appear to you, son." He said as he sat down on the ground cross-legged, "And believe me, the line to see you is long.  Your whole ancestry has watched you, and they're proud of you--most of them anyway....Ozai is still a bit sour about the whole defeat at the hands of the Avatar thing, but he's here to see you too."

Owlan nodded and sat down as well, "That's great and all," he started, "But that's not what I meant.  I meant how could you show your face to me again after abandoning us?"  Tsun-Zu sighed, "I suppose I expected this..."  "You'd better have expected this!" Fumed Owlan, "How could you just birth us and leave us behind like that? All of us!  Eldunar, Naina, Erolass, me!  You never spent any time with us, you just bequeathed us our titles and left us behind at home!  You and mother both!"  "Please, if you'll let me explain--" tried Tsun-Zu, to no avail.  "No!  How could you possibly explain and justify what you did?  Do you know that it's because of you our family doesn't talk like normal?  Eldunar wants nothing to do with the crown, and I'll be surprised if he takes it now.  Erolass wants nothing to do with ANY of us, OR the Empire!  And Naina went off and got pregnant out of wedlock!"

"Well you can't really blame that last one on--" tried the old Fire Lord again, but once more being cut off by his son.  "And then you just go off and die, and come back now trying to make it all good by giving me advice?!  Like nothing happened?!  How--"  "Owlan enough!" shouted Tsun-Zu, his deep, powerful voice silencing Owlan as if he were a child.  "Now, allow me to explain myself, please.  There is wisdom in my story."  Owlan remained silent, and listened to everything his father was about to say.

"I know there is no excuse for doing what I did, and I have spent every waking minute of my death regretting it, all of it!  Especially after I saw what became of my poor children after my death.  You did not mourn, only turned on each other.  To see you all betray the bond of family....it hurt me, and it was all my fault.  But, when I saw you all begin to make amens, I was proud again.  Then there was seeing you, and how you made the Fire Nation one of the most prosperous nations, and then began to grow our nation by taking control of the Light and Dark Nations....and then when you became Emperor...got married...had children....my not being there for you is the reason for my death.  It is because of that that I regret not being there for you....I regret not being there to share all of those moments with my son."

"I can never apologize enough for what I did to you, but you must understand....I never truly understood what it meant to be a father before then.  I too was left by my parents in a similar manner.  My mother died during childbirth, and my father was always so busy dealing with the flailing economy to deal with me.  I was left in the care of my grandfather...I swore to myself I would never do to you what my father did to me...but unfortunately, I never thought that I would inherit my fathers problems.  By inheriting his poor economy, I inherited his poor parenting.  I am sorry, terribly, extremely sorry, my son.  But no matter what, I want you to know, that I loved you, truly.  I loved all of you, and I still love you.  You have all made your mother and I so, so, so proud."

"Now, I am finished, and you may continue berating me if you wished," smiled Tsun-Zu is his satirical way, "I just wished you hear my story first."  Owlan paused for a moment, both men were standing now.  Owlan was speechless, and what he did next surprised even him.  He reached forward, and hugged his father.  Tsun-Zu, shocked for a second, returned the hug, embracing his son tightly.  As the hug ended, and the two men pulled away, Tsun-Zu looked deep into his sons eyes, both men tearing as the pain and happiness of the meeting caught up with them.  "I have little time left now," he said sadly, "Soon what binds me to this world will disappear, and I with it."  As he said that, his feet began to slowly fade away, and the fade moved up his body slowly.  "I will say this before I go," said Tsun-Zu slowly, "Do not forget the ties of family, in your ties to your responsibility."  And with that, Tsun-Zu was gone, and all that was left were the words that echoed though Owlan's head.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:
"Do not forget the ties of family, or the ties and responsibility."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan's eyes shot open again.  More darkness, great.  He sighed, but slowly his eyes and body were adjusting to the darkness of purgatory surrounding him.  Is this were newly dead souls went before they were judged?  Or was this something else? For sinners? Pagans? Holy men?  Owlan didn't know, but for now it didn't matter.  What mattered was what he had at hand.  The greatest Fire Lords of his ancestry were here to great him, judge him, and advise him.  He had met with his father, the Fire Lord before him, and according to the what his fathered had mentally conveyed to him before disappearing he had quite a long list to go.  Next up was--

"My beautiful grandson," said a soft voice.  Owlan turned around, and there stood his grandfather in his youth and glorly, Fire lord Aijou.  Not a great Fire Lord by any means, but he kept the nation alive and well--until his son and Owlan's father nearly beggared the realm with his traveling.  "G-grandfather?" asked Owlan.  Owlan had been but a child when his grandfather passed on, leaving him in the hands of Tsuru Yan, his mentor and father's advisor.  The man who groomed Owlan into what he was today.  "Yes, it is I, my boy," he smiled, "Though I'll admit I didn't expect to see you so soon.  I was expecting to see Eldunar before I saw you.  How is the young boy?  And your sister, how is she?  She was an infant when I passed on."  "They are fine, grandfather," he explained, "As is Erolass--my other brother."  Aijou had never lived to meet Erolass, but Owlan was sure Erolass wouldn't have gotten along with the hardened man.

"So I suppose you've been watching me since your death?" asked Owlan, who figured that was the reason his grandfather had come to see him.  "No, alas, I was allowed to pass on beyond the veil.  Your father felt the need to stay behind and watch you--he is one of the few.  Most ghosts prefer the after life to constantly stalking their loved ones in death," explained Aijou.  "But when I heard you were undergoing the right of becoming Spirit King, I knew I had to show up and see my grandson, and to ask how our nation is doing as well."  Owlan smiled proudly, "It's an Empire now, grandfather," explained Owlan, "The Vermilion Dragon Empire.  I took the throne when Eldunar refused and father died, and after a few years I turned it into an Empire.  I am--was--the Emperor of the nation, as well as the Light and Dark Bender States.  I have....had...colonies in all of the nations with the consent of all other leaders, and I have made the army into something to be proud of.  An army the size and glory as they were in the days of the Kouzais and the Fire Triplets."

Aijou smiled, "Tsukuyomi would be proud of his line," said Aijou touched, "Your whole ancestry would be proud, starting with F'yr.  God of Fire and Shepherd of the Son himself."  Aijou walked forward and hugged Owlan tightly, "My boy, you do an old man proud," he said happily grinning, "But, my time is short, and I must--sadly and with a heavy heart--leave you once again.  But I leave with this being said at least: Follow your instincts; always.  Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth and beyond.  Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."  "Thank you grandfather," said Owlan as the old man began to fade.  With that, Aijou vanished into the darkness, along with Owlan's vision and he once again blacked out.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou
"Follow your instincts; always. Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth. Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan's eyes opened once more, and this constant sense of limbo slowly became normal to him.  The blackness of purgatory around him--he had slowly begun to understand that this is what it was--was becoming more and more normal.  To be honest it felt like he was inside Raiden's soul, or at least his soul as it had been for the past fifteen years.  Black, lonely, ominous, and nothing to do but think, stew and brood until the end of time.  Had it not been for the constant visits from his ancestors, Owlan probably would've ended up like Raiden too.

The next soul to appear before him was that of Fire Lord Katsuro.  A good looking man with kind eyes, tanned skin, a pointed chin, and long, brown hair that went to his waist.  He had a kind looked, but looked as if he was hiding a stronger power.  He was just as the stories described.  Wise, strong, and good looking and now he stood before Owlan as he had looked in his youth.  Many was the time Raiden would regale to Owlan the stories of his and Raiden's adventures together.  The two cousins were like brothers; they were inseparable...until old age claimed Katsuro's life leaving Raiden with his closest family member dead.  Raiden had been the cause of the death of his older cousin Atzlan, though unknowingly at the time, and had already lost his cousin Shinjiro by then--though at no fault to him.  Regardless, the death of Katsuro only darkened the happy man that was once Raiden, Spirit King and pride of Susano'o's line.

"You are my great-grandson?" said Katsuro in a deep, and strong voice, "You are a good looking young man...you look like me, but you have my grandfather's hair.  So the white hair gene has not died with Tsukuyomi."  Owlan nodded slowly, he had been comfortable around the last two Fire Lords, as they had been his family, people he had known since infancy--or so to speak--but Katsuro was a living legend long before Owlan's time.  One of the many men Owlan was inspired by and one of the many men he had respected.  He wasn't sure what to say.  "And the nation? How is our beautiful Kingdom?  The Fire Nation was the Jewel of the West during my days--Kouzai II made it so, Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu furthered it, and my father and I continued that legacy."

"Well, my father and grandfather--your grandson and son respectively--ran it into the ground a little bit but, I revived it and even gained us a lot more territory," explained Owlan, avoiding eye contact with the great ancestor, "Actually fifteen years ago I transformed it into an Empire.  The Vermilion Dragon Empire I called it, it includes the Dark Bender State of the Vermilion Dragon Empire, the Light Bender State of the Vermilion Dragon Empire and the Vermilion State of Nippon which is the origin of our house and all benders."  Katsuro smiled as he took this in, "I am glad," he said, "The Fire Nation is the first child of the Fire Lord.  You must allow it to grow, but stumble here and there as children do, but after each stumble you must guide it that it may stand alone again, stronger than before."

"I suppose," said Owlan, not knowing what else to say to that.  "The name is a bit of a mouthful," said Katsuro with a furrowed brow, "A bit of a mouthful...but then again, we have land, money and prestige.  Nothing more can be asked for."  Owlan nodded again, and Katsuro smiled.  "Listen my boy, my time runs short," he explained, "I know how you feel, talking to me.  You must also think that I am a man who lives only for the state, and for justice, and while in my younger days I was, and I will ALWAYS abide by justice, there is something more important.  More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left.  Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well.  Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins.  For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours.  And with that, I take my leave."

Finally Katsuro disappeared, his body became smoke before Owlan's eyes, but his final smile echoed with his words and burned themselves into Owlan's mind forever.  It would be an image he would never forget, just like the words.  And once again, Owlan's world turned to black, and his next ancestor prepared to meet him.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou
"Follow your instincts; always. Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth. Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro
"More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left. Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well. Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins. For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Once more, Owlan's eyes opened and he stood in blackness once more.  He felt so comfortable in this darkness now, like it was a long lost friend, or a childhood memory.  It gave off a warm and homely feeling, though Owlan hoped not to make this limbo a permanent residence.  He merely wanted to speak to his ancestors and then move on back to life, back to being Spirit King...but not back to his family.

There was a small whoosh, and Owlan turned around to see Fire Lord Kaji standing behind him.  A tall man, with a serious face and spiky brown, wild hair.  Though, his face eased and began a soft, but kind smile, however faint.  "You are Owlan?" asked Kaji, his voice deep and full of a gentle authority but also a jaded and tired tone.

Owlan nodded, "I am, and you're Fire Lord Kaji?  Son of Tsukuyomi?"  Kaji nodded with a small laugh.  "I am," he said, "That has always been me.  Son of Tsukuyomi.  I used to think it an honour, and while I still do, it can also be a curse."  Owlan was confused, how could being the son of one of the greatest and strongest Fire Lord's in history be a bad thing?  It gave a sense of identity and dignity to whoever bore it.

Kaji gave a bursting laugh as he watched Owlan.  Owlan jumped, not expecting it.  "You are one of the people who think it a great honour, like it gives a sense of identity," laughed Kaji, "Ah yes, I did think that too.  Come, sit, and I shall tell you my story in the time that I have left."  Owlan and Kaji sat upon the cold floor of black nothingness and Owlan listened with intent to Kaji.

"As a young man I travelled with my cousins, Kaon and Hisaki," explained Kaji, "Our close friends and my future brothers-in-law, Hideki Funaka and Hayato Furakoshi.  As the rest of the Warriors of the Elements searched for and travelled with the Avatar to defeat my other cousin Kagutsuchi.  During these travels, I lost my father, as he was killed by Kagutsuchi in a blind rage he inherited from Susano'o."

"While you may know most of this from history books, I will tell you things about these events you do not know," said Kaji, his seriousness coming back, "What I did, after my father died defined who I was as a person, and as a Fire Lord.  It was after my father died, while I was traveling the world, that I learned who you descend from does not define who you are, who you become or what you do."

"Only you can choose that," explained Kaji, "I was the one who chose to continue travel with the Warriors to stop Kagutsuchi instead of becoming Fire Lord.  And I was the one who chose to spare Kagutsuchi's life instead of killing him.  Instead of killing him, I brought him over to our side, and showed him that his revenge was unnecessary.  I may not have been an amazing Fire Lord like Tsukuyomi, but I had my own legacy, and I was proud."

Owlan started to understand a little of what Kaji was trying to say, and Owlan began to relate a little bit.  "I understand what you're trying to say to me," said Owlan, speaking for the first time in a while.  Kaji stood up, "Good, then this is my message for you," he said finally, "Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions.  You choose your own course in history, and in life.  Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important.  Only that you lived life according to what you want.  Anything extra is a bonus."

Owlan smiled, "Thank you," he said happily.  Kaji laughed and disappeared into a sudden wind, bidding Owlan goodbye as he left.  And once more, Owlan's eyes closed on their own, and everything went black until the next guest.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro
"More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left. Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well. Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins. For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji
"Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions. You choose your own course in history, and in life. Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important. Only that you lived life according to what you want. Anything extra is a bonus."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan's eyes opened again.  He did not know which ancestor he was meeting this time, and he didn't remember how many he had gone through.  Four?  Five?  He could figure it out if he listed them all by name, but he wasn't given the time.  The next ancestor had appeared before him.  Another Fire Lord from days gone by, and Owlan had a feeling he knew who it was.  "You are of my brother's line, aren't you?" asked a kind and gentle voice that gave off the same kind of power and authority that Owlan once had in life.  It was a voice you respected and that respected you, but one you also feared, and definitely listened to.

"I am, Great Lady Amaterasu," said Owlan as he turned and looked upon her, bowing deeply and with much respect, "The Black Rose.  Daughter of Kouzai, Champion of our Nation and Heir to Tsukuyomi.  You honour me with your presence."  Amaterasu smiled, her round, pale face, her bright cherry lips and her blue eyes were the most striking and written about things of her appearance, that and her knee length, flaming red hair.  Tied back into a long and very thick braid.  She was in a regal, emerald and ruby coloured kimono that dragged along the ground and made her look like a goddess.  Flowers adorned her hair like one as well.  "I knew it," said Amaterasu gently, "You have his hair, and the same look in your eyes as my brother did."

"Thank you, and you are beautiful as the legends say," said Owlan sitting down, Amaterasu following suit.  Amaterasu smiled a second time, "Thank you," she said, "Tell me, before I tell you of my advice.  How fares my descendants?  My children's children?  And their children that followed, are they okay?"  Owlan didn't know how to explain this.  "Well," he said, fearing her famed temper, "They died out.  Hitanami was the last known of your line.  After her, your descendants left the royal life and went to Ba Sing Se.  But, my brother has made contact with the most recent of descendants.  Laura and Lynna Yeina, and they had both inherited your black flames.  Lynna had a son, Konoe, named for our common ancestor.  She has passed...but Laura married into the Northern Water Tribe royal family, and is now to be Queen of both tribes.  She has three children, Ieyasu, Kamui and Sauri.  They are all princes and a princess of the tribes.  Ieyasu will be a great king, just like the Leihing and Ezofuji lines dictate he shall.  As for Konoe, his aunt has taken him in at the North Pole and trained him in the art of Firebending and the Black Flames.  Though, I believe my brother and my successor is attempting to bring him back to the Palace and reignite the Ezofuji-no-Amaterasu."

Amaterasu nodded, "And my other brother's line, Kagutsuchi's son, how are they?" she wondered, though Owlan knew what she was hoping.  "They are still on the straight and narrow," said Owlan happily, "Raiden was a good friend of mine...I am sad to see him go.  He passed as I did...and left Spirit King to me.  He was nearly a century and a half old....he missed his cousins...he missed his children, and his wife, who passed far too soon."  Amaterasu nodded sadly, knowing the pain of loosing family all too well.  Both brothers, and her father, as well as several friends family friends and cousins during her life time.  They had all been taken because of Susano'o's madness and lust for power.

"Raiden's current grandchildren are Assassins, neutral parties who seek to aid the good things of this world and keep balance, removing tyrants," explained Owlan, Claudia was one as well, and while he did not understand the order entirely, he knew that they were powerful...at least, at one time.  Amaterasu said nothing, and finally let out a chuckle, "You ramble like Tsuki," she said with such a lamenting smile, "Of all the things to be passed on...did you teach your children the art of the sword at the age of six as well?"  Owlan shook his head, and knew he would not mention how he had kept his eldest daughter, Alyssandra, with him and by his side during most of the Ullondorian Crusades as an infant, teaching her all she needed to know during the 15 year war.

"Now, I have asked far too much, I must get to the point of why I'm here and tell you my advice for you," said Amaterasu, standing to her full height, though tall, it wasn't as tall as Owlan or most Ezofuji males (of course, Ezofuji females were taller than most regular females in any nation, it was a weird family trait).   "To you, Owlan, I say these words of an old poem I once wrote," said Amaterasu bravely, "The bells of the Gion Shoja temple echoes the impermanence of all things.  The color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth, that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.  This is true of both good and evil, remember it well."  And with that, darkness once more, as Amaterasu faded back into the darkness as well and Owlan's eyes shut once more.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji
"Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions. You choose your own course in history, and in life. Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important. Only that you lived life according to what you want. Anything extra is a bonus."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu
"The bells of the Gion Shoja temple echoes the impermanence of all things. The color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth, that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. This is true of both good and evil, remember it well."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan awoke again.  More blackness.  More darkness.  Perhaps this is why it made Tsukuyomi look larger than life.  Perhaps this is why he seemed to glow.  Perhaps this is why Owlan felt the need to bow down to Tsukuyomi like he was a god.  To Owlan he was.  A great Fire Lord.  A keeper of peace.  Respected and loved by all who knew him.

The only person to defeat Susano'o, twice.  He had saved the world from Susano'o, from Earth King Li, from Dark Queen Maki.  He was a jewel of hope for the Ezofuji family, and progenitor of Owlan's family.  The House of Ezofuji-no-Tsukuyomi.  The namesake and inheritor of Tsukuyomi's will and white flames.  Though Owlan was the only once since Tsukuyomi to get the white hair, many since Tsukuyomi bore the white flames.

Tsukuyomi burst out laughing as he saw Owlan bow down.  6 foot 9 inches tall, with long white hair.  He was strong and pulled Owlan to his feet with a single yank.  "No need to bow there, kiddo," smiled Tsukuyomi, "Come on now.  Face me like my great-great-great-however-many-more-greats-I-need-grandson."  Owlan nodded shyly.  "I suppose you're here for advice then?" asked Tsukuyomi.

Owlan nodded, "I'm becoming Spirit King.  Raiden chose me, but he said my ancestors need to judge me worthy."  Tsukuyomi nodded.  He knew.  He understood.  Raiden had become before him when he became the Spirit King.  Raiden looked just like Susano'o, but he was the last thing like him in terms of personality.  He was the opposite.  Kind, generous, fun-loving.  Best friends with Tsukuyomi's grandson, Katsuro.  The two were inseparable in life.

Raiden was unprepared for Katsuro's death.  He forgot his immortality kept him alive long beyond his friends and family.  His children.  His wife too.  Raiden had a hard life.  On top of that he was expected to balance two worlds.  Not easy.  Tsukuyomi sighed and looked at Owlan.  "I'll be quick then, you've got quite a few more people to see then," he laughed, "Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King.  Don't forget to live life.  Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy.  Your happiness is paramount.  Don't forget that."

Owlan nodded, bowing again to Tsukuyomi.  The old Fire Lord burst out laughed and stuck out his massive hand, shaking Owlan's hand firmly and tightly, before the two disappeared back into darkness and life when black once more.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu
"The bells of the Gion Shoja temple echoes the impermanence of all things. The color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth, that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. This is true of both good and evil, remember it well."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi
"Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King. Don't forget to live life. Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy. Your happiness is paramount. Don't forget that."

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan awoke once more.  This time he felt cold; desolate and empty.  This was not a usual feeling.  Owlan had had meetings with past ancestors several times before in the last few...days?  Minutes?  Hours?  Weeks?  How long had he been dead for?  There was no sun or moon in the blackness of what Owlan assumed was purgatory, or some sort of waiting room of death.  A veil; an in between world.  Either way, there was no way of telling the time, and no way of knowing how long he had been here.

Regardless this did not explain the cold feeling he got.  Owlan could see his breath.  He shivered.  When he turned around, all became clear.  He met with the glaring eyes of Susano'o Ezofuji.  Bane of the Fire Lord.  The Fallen King.  The Traitor Prince.  Susano'o the Scourge, leader of an Army of Undead, one time Spirit King.  The man who tamed one of the Burning Legion's oldest and most devoted Generals, Pyro the Flame Lord.  Owlan kept a stern face; he did not want to appear weak before one of the greatest villains of the Six Nations.

The two stared at each other.  Susano'o said nothing and neither did Owlan.  Finally, Susano'o grunted.  "Be gone," he hissed to Owlan, turning his back on him, his long black hair turning black.  Susano'o no longer looked young and in his prime.  His red armour, black robes beneath, long black hair, evil eyes, pale skin.  Strong, tall and muscular.  He became hunched, his hair was white as snow, wrinkles appeared on skin that was tight and leathery.  He looked to be hundreds of years old as he turned.  Susano'o looked back at Owlan with a wicked grin.  "What?" asked Owlan, "No advice?  Why show up then?"

"Curiosity," Susano'o replied in a silky tone, "You intrigue me child..."  "I am not a child!" responded Owlan fiercely.  "Oh?  Compared to me boy you are an infant," shrugged Susano'o.  Owlan would've responded but Susano'o was right.  He existed over 200 years before Owlan was even born.  Owlan was nothing to him; in more ways then one.  Suddenly Owlan took a step back but it was too late.  Susano'o lunged forward, becoming a visage of smoke.  He passed through Owlan and all went black once more.

Last edited by Vermilion Emperor Kouzai on Thu May 05, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi
"Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King. Don't forget to live life. Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy. Your happiness is paramount. Don't forget that."

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o
"You intrigue me child..."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan's eyes opened with a start.  He gasped, panting heavily.  He was alive.  Well, no, not alive, he was still dead.  He was still in the "In Between" as he called it, but he was still here.  Owlan didn't know what Susano'o did, but he didn't feel cold or afraid anymore.  Everything was normal.  Owlan turned around to make sure all was well, only to be stunned as he stared into the face of a young Fire Lord Kouzai II, standing there in his prime.

Owlan smiled and bowed respectfully.  He respected Kouzai II.  Father of Amaterasu, Susano'o and Tsukuyomi.  His progeny changed the Ezofuji line and the world forever.  Kouzai himself had done much good, though his life was tragic.  He saved the world from the wrath of Rekka, the Water Benders too.  Kouzai's childhood was tragic; his mother dead, his father a tyrant who would abuse him and hurt him verbally and physically.  It culminated when Kouzai II turned on his father and Rekka stabbed him through the chest and wounded him horribly.

Left for dead, Kouzai survived, but not without severe damage to his lungs and body.  He was never the same.  Extreme physical exertion was always hard on Kouzai, and his spoke slowly and with a raspy whisper.  Kouzai joined the Council of Ten and helped them bring his father down.  On top of that, Kouzai's childhood and injuries allowed him to fulfill the requirements for gaining a second element; the first ever person to do so.

Kouzai II was strong; though he lost his lover Skye, twice.  She was and always had been the love of his life, even after he married the woman who fathered his triplets.  Skye left him for her people; a noble decision but one that affected Kouzai deeply.  His wife passed on shortly after birthing the children, from an assassin's poison.  Skye later died in his arms when Susano'o took Pyro for his own and used him to lay waste to the Southern Water Tribe.

The woman he considered his sister, Tekara, and brother, Kiari, were killed by Susano'o and Tsukaia, Kouzai's own "niece" and Tekara's daughter as they rampaged in the first ever Six Nation Summit.  Kouzai met his end there as well, at the hands of his own son.  Owlan had heard the chilling tale, and the words exchanged between father and son.  "What...what are you doing...my son? asked Kouzai II, his sons blade piercing his chest cavity, blood leaking all over his son's hands.

"Succeeding you."  That was Susano'o's chilling response.  He gave his father a wicked smile then pulled the blade from his chest and let the cold corpse of his own father hit the ground.  Then Susano'o spat on him, kicked him, and moved on to slaughter the Air Queen and Hei Shao, Kouzai II's trusted advisor.  The Summit ended after several royals, many guards, dear friends and compatriots, lay dead, the last to die being Fyre.

Former host for the demon Pyro.  Someone wanted to lock Pyro into Fyre and use her as a weapon; they'd heard of Pyro's strength when he used to fight for the Burning Legion, before he was sealed, before Susano'o corrupted him further.  He was once the champion of the God F'yr.  Susano'o slaughtered Fyre to get back as his brother, and because now that he had Pyro she was useless to him.  Kouzai never got to see his son avenge and succeed him and become the greatest Fire Lord the world had ever known.

"Are...you going to say...something?" rasped Kouzai, his voice just as hoarse as the legends said.  Owlan nodded, but still now words came out, for lack of trying.  Kouzai II gave a kind smile, his scars stretching with his face as his muscles moved and contracted.  "I shall...give you my advice...and...be on my way then," said Kouzai gently, "You...must remember to always...defend what is...right.  Your family...your friends...if...they stand in your way...if they betray you...you must bring them to...justice.  Do not show...pity.  Do not show...mercy.  You must do what...must be done...for the sake...of peace.  Have strength...be...strong.  The bonds of blood are...easily broken."

Owlan nodded sagely.  He was lucky to have never needed to turn on members of his family, but being the Spirit King he knew the interests of the Empire and the Ezofuji family no longer mattered.  His priority was always peace, and all people of all nations.  He would need to clash with his family and his Empire in order to uphold peace properly; Owlan knew it was an eventuality, and one he would now face head on.  Kouzai shook his descendant's hand firmly, and faded off into the void, leaving Owlan to fade back into blackness.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Quote :
The List of Ancestors:
Fire Lord Tsun-Zu
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Aijou
"Follow your instincts; always.  Follow them and they will take you to the ends of the Earth.  Your experiences will lead you to your dreams, and your strength will stop your enemies from taking them from you."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Katsuro
"More important than the state is your family, for they will always stand by you when you have nothing left.  Your family will stand by you even when your nation does not, so care for the nation, due your duty to your people and your economy, but never forget your bonds with your family, and care for them as well.  Do your duty to your wife, your children, your brothers, sisters, parents, and your cousins.  For they are more important than the state, and if you loose them you will have nothing in your darkest hours."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kaji
"Who you come from, and what your ancestors did do not define you and your actions.  You choose your own course in history, and in life.  Define yourself, whether you are remembered or not is not important.  Only that you lived life according to what you want.  Anything extra is a bonus."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Amaterasu

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Tsukuyomi
"Don't forget the joys of life when you become Spirit King.  Don't forget to live life.  Responsibility and power are great, but they mean nothing if you are not happy.  Your happiness is paramount.  Don't forget that."

Spoiler:
Spirit King Susano'o
"You intrigue me child..."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai II
"You...must remember to always...defend what is...right.  Your family...your friends...if...they stand in your way...if they betray you...you must bring them to...justice.  Do not show...pity.  Do not show...mercy.  You must do what...must be done...for the sake...of peace.  Have strength...be...strong.  The bonds of blood are...easily broken."

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Kouzai I

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Honno-ji

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Zuko

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Ozai

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Sozin

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Nara

Spoiler:
Fire Lord Konoe

Owlan awoke once more. His headache, one that usually followed the constant phasing in and out of this limbo-like reality, had faded. It no longer bothered him. He wasn't sure if his head was still swimming and he wasn't feeling it or if it was gone completely. But Owlan didn't have time to think about it. As he realized he was standing in the presence of a smiling man. The facial scars and wild eyes were a telltale sign.

Owlan shot to one knee. One of the most influential Fire Lords in history, and one of the greatest since Zuko. The current Ezofuji lines owe everything to Kouzai I. The great Fire Lord fought against the Dark Nation and their world domination plans for years. He brought the Spirit World to the Physical World at the Shadow Lands. He brought down Dark Lord Ibu and rekindled close relations between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation.

If Owlan had been a great Fire Lord, then Kouzai I was a God. Owlan was not worthy to be in the presence of some of his ancestors that he met today. Yet Kouzai I did not seem to notice that he was held in such high regard by those who followed. The old Fire Lord laughed; he was the picture of youth though, as he appeared in his prime. He held out his hand and hoisted Owlan to his feet. Kouzai I was surprisingly strong.

"We don't have long young one," said Kouzai with a gentle smile, "No sense wasting our time dithering around with formalities eh?" Kouzai chuckled heartily and placed an arm around Owlan's shoulder. "I don't have a lot to say. My life was a tough one, lots of struggle. I never knew my parents, but I had a grandfather who loved me and taught me lots. I never wanted for parental love like some in my position, and for that I am truly thankful."

"Though I do know what it is to be like without family. Ibu wiped out most of the Ezofuji Family after he discovered our hideout. I was lucky to survive. Do not rely on luck to survive though. You should rely on skill and confidence in that skill. If you lack confidence your enemies will consume you. Do not give up; press the attack. Always extort as many opportunities as possible from them. Do not give up and you will win. Oh and most important...always trust your friends. Your friends will support you when you cannot even support yourself. Friends are important; good friends are everything in this world."

Kouzai faded into the shadow after that and Owlan sunk back into darkness. The conversations with his ancestors were never as long as Owlan would've liked, but he had so many to go through it was understandable as to why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)   [Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Plot Topic] The Death of a King, the Rebirth of a God (Raiden and Owlan)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next