Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Welcome to Avatar The Last Airbender RPG! We hope you enjoy your Roleplaying Experience. If you are a User you may log in by clicking the button below, or if you do not have an account you can register by clicking next to Log In.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

420 years after the fall of Ozai, decades of tranquility have brought about an era where peace is no longer only a mere philosophical abstraction. However beyond the grasp of the Four Nations, a long lost legacy resurfaces.

HomeAvatarEventsRegisterLog in
Discord
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm by FyrebirdEvo

» Avatar RPG Funniest Moments on Chat ~ !
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm by Loolaalee

» Masquerade! (Open)
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:02 pm by Paracelsus

» Guo Shu-Fang
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am by Tsumi Buredo

» Akechi Kamui
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 1:03 pm by Fire Lord Kouzai

» The Ibashiyama Festival(Closed, Makaru, Kouzai)
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm by Makaru

» Kyoshi umgon (wip)
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 2:32 am by Kyoshi umgon

» The Eagle and the Osprey | (Kouzai, Loolaalee) | [CLOSED]
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm by Loolaalee

» High shining. My sun-prince. For a myriad reigns. Should you have ruled the land. From your Island Palace.
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am by Deej

Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Staff

-Head Admin-
Fire Lord Kouzai

-Council of Admins-
Tsumi Buredo
Loolaalee
Massie
Lady Azzy
Niya

RPG Info

Years Since Ozai's Fall
420 Years
Current Year
It is currently the year: 420 AO (After Ozai)

Kaniehtí:io "Ziio" Aarushi

Royalty
Earth King Lu Meleng
Emperor Nobunaga Ezofuji
Tekonwenaharake Ojitsah, Waneek of the North and South
Roland Hirahara, King of the Four Winds
Light King Sallan Wynphyra V
Dark Lord Pan Daiyu

Affiliates

The Loremaster's Roleplay Family:
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters 89282716461

Our #1 Affiliates:

Our Facebook Affiliates:
Top posters
Fire Lord Kouzai (4839)
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_vote_lcapMistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_voting_barMistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_vote_rcap 
Loolaalee (1351)
Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_vote_lcapMistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_voting_barMistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_vote_rcap 
LadyKura (1291)
Bailey The Flamewarden (961)
Leosan (878)
Maki Shadowblade (820)
Tsumi Buredo (726)
Earth King Lu (687)
Annabelle Rinoa Reynolds (651)
River (647)

Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters Empty
PostSubject: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:35 am

Enya walked through the streets of Ima City, she passed several children running through the streets between the sand buildings as she did. She smiled at them as she passed, but they didn't notice. She had always liked children, especially children from her clan, they were always so cute, and one day they would be great warriors, fighters and heroes.

Enya kept walking, and looked up at the large lateral towers that poked out of each building. They were towers from which people went up to speak to the sky, to the Gods, and as for forgiveness or for miracles, but no one had had to go up to the Lateral towers of their homes for a long time. No one had ever had the need to. There were no internal struggles within the clan, or wars or feuds with neighbouring one.

Though the outside world may have changed--how or when Enya or anyone else from this clan didn't know, except for faint whispers from those whom had left the clan to trade with merchants from other lands--the world within the Sand Tribes remained the same as it had for thousands of years, and it would remain that way forevermore.

Enya suddenly realized though, that they were very isolated and cut off from the world, despite living within the borders of the Earth Kingdom--though they owed no loyalty or fealty to the Earth King, and were, in a sense, more of a city state of their own--they knew little to nothing of the outside world other than whispers and rumours which may not even be true. The last major event that the sand tribes knew of the outside world, was the Invasion of Darkness, when the Dark Nation attempted to invade and take over the world but were destroyed in the end. The Sand Tribes hadn't worked together at that scale since, it was also the last time that they fought along side the rest of the world. They fought back against the Dark Lord Ibu, and repeled their constant attempts to take the Earth Kingdom...but that was over 300 years ago, and no one was still alive to remember it.

Enya kept walking, she wasn't completely fine with the solitude--even though she supported her clan the most, and hated a lot of the other nations and benders, especially the damned Earth Kingdom bastards--she would be able to tolerate a few of them coming into town--or at least some sort of trade agreement--in order to connect her clan to the outside world, and get them updated on the news of the world. But she knew this was not the ways of her people or the other tribes, no, the only matters they cared about or were interested in learning were there own, and therefore, that is how things would stay.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg-revised.forumotion.com
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

| Prince Castiel |

Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters Kanda-11
      Ever the scholar, the prospect of exploring a new country attracted Castiel very much in the same way the bees eloped with their flowery comrades. And as with nature, there were so many things left to be desired. He had always, always, wished to explore the world outside the kingdom. The Northern Water tribe was an icelandic paradise. As long as he could remember, the water and the ice encompassed his entire being. For Castiel, Waterbender and prince of the Northern Water Tribe, water was everything. It was each thing. It was the thing he could not escape, and it was the thing that made up other wonderful, wonderful things. So many things water was responsible for, and so little to be desired there. He wanted more.

The Takamagahara Clan accepted him kindly. The advantages of being a prince had its limits, but they were very few and far in between, and most were capable of being remedied. For now he was just content to explore and learn. There was so much to do and so little time. Cassian would've dubbed him an idiot for going someplace so far away, alone, but Castiel did not accept it any other way.

In regards to his twin, Cassian was no doubt brooding somewhere back home. The boy did get overprotective at times, completely ignoring the entire, predominate fact that Castiel could, indeed take care of himself. Cassian was stronger, yes, but as the penultimate successor, he did not undergo the same amount or types of training Castiel had endured. His tutors dealt him cards of tact, strategy, and merciless combative components. Cassian's tutors taught him geography.

In his reverie, he forehead collided indiscriminately with the back of someone's .. well, with their back. Gasping, he glanced up, voice profuse, "Oh, I am sorry! Honestly! I was not paying attention."

Princes do not apologize. The voice of his father was coldly demeaning. Funny; Anuktiluk was not present, but the man's will had a heavy gravity on him. Paranoia, he might call it, but Castiel held no fear for his father. Despite the man's fervent threats, he doubted he could ever bring himself to harm him. The thought was annoyingly irrelevant. Castiel wished his brain would stop doing that. Cassian already regarded him an airhead as it was.

Once again dragging himself out of his reverie, and peered up at a woman a few inches taller than him. "Um .. miss."

Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1537573/RamaChanChan
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

Location : Well I used to have a life, but now I own the RPG, just kidding, but really

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Enya turned around quickly, and placed her hands on her swords, but did not draw them. She looked upon the boy who had bumped into her, he was very clearly younger than her, much younger than her. She glared at him, "Who dares bump into Enya, descendant of the Sand Goddess Takamagahara, and the leader of the Takamagahara Clan."

Enya studied the boy carefully, and then noticed he was water tribe, she stood up--he was no threat. "What is a water bender like you doing here? Have the Elders let in an outsider without telling me?" she said, "Well, don't you speak? Or have the icy lands of the North frozen your tongue and brain alike? No wonder the Fire Nation wiped you and your people out so easily all those years ago."

Enya did not like when people showed her disrespect, and whether the boy had known it or not, to bump into someone so rudely in the Sand Tribes was an act of disrespect. Not answering to those higher than you was an even bigger offence. This boy, had he been Sand Tribe, would have been flogged, beaten or even killed for such insubordination, but he was not of Enya's people, and therefore the same rules did not apply. Such was the way of her people.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Spoiler:

Castiel recoiled slightly. So this was the leader of the clan? It would have been just his luck to collide with her, of all people. How undignified could someone get? He realized he must have looked quite foolish to have wandered so close to her in the first place. Shouldn't he have received even a mere inkling of the assumption that this woman was important based on her stature. Of course, his thoughts had flown him away to a separate land in its entirety, and he had managed to collide into the most dangerous of obstacles: a godly figure.

"What is a water bender like you doing here? Have the Elders let in an outsider without telling me?" she snarled. Her vehemence caused Castiel's brain to juggle. His mouth opened, but released not a sound, much to his chagrin.

The woman, of course, continued to rant and rave, insulting his intelligence as well as his tribe. This time, Castiel doubted he would've been able to get a word in edgewise. He seriously doubted that in doing such would guarantee he'd walk away with all his limbs intact. The woman seemed just that angry.

If Cassian were there, he would have tried to tear the woman limb-from-limb. Leader or not. To speak in such a way to the prince was punishable by death or banishment. Castiel was the only coherent being in the entire tribe that would argue with that fact, choosing instead to let the perpetrator go. But who in their right minds would insult the Tribe's Gem? Everyone knew the twins were very seldom far apart, and if something happened to Castiel, Cassian would surely severely injure the person responsible. Even Castiel was a force to be reckoned with, but he was often too kind to handle the retribution.

"H-hello, Miss," he began, trying his best to sound courteous and not at all how he truly felt. The woman looked as if she wanted to slap him any second. But then, of course, he would've been forced to react. A scene in front of so many people, against the leader of this clan, no less, was not bound to end well.

"I am Castiel Leiheng, the prince of the Northern Water Tribe. I've traveled to the deserts of the Earth Kingdom for educational purposes. With that, I will have to kindly ask you to revoke your previous statement regarding the great war between our country and the Fire Nation's. Such elements of the past are best left untouched."

Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:57 pm

"Ah! So he speaks!" exclaimed Enya, "Well then the cold has just frozen your brain." Enya smirked at the boy, she did not care if he was prince, or king, or a Spirit, she had no respect for those she deemed stupid. This boy was the pure definition of it. Then she heard him ask "Such elements of the past are best left untouched." Enya laughed again.

"They told me you were a scholar, and the brightest of your nation, but if YOU are the brightest in your nation...I'd hate to see the average man. To think, a scholar and a royal, and he doesn't even learn from his own history. Even the dumbest of men could have foreseen the Fire Bender attack on your nation. What did you want? An open invitation perhaps? For it to be written out for you in the stars? It does not take a genius to comprehend the destructive nature of such a destructive element. When those of madder minds control such destruction, they tend to destroy. If your nation cannot learn from that, then they deserved what they got."

Enya could see the boy starting to react, but she merely rolled her eyes at the boy, like hell she was going to respect him now. The only royal she would EVER respect or bow down to even in the slightest, would be Owlan, Vermilion Emperor. He was a strong leader, and he was brave and fearless, and he learned from his country's past mistakes, much as she had. He was ruthless when he needed to be, and he wasn't shy of proving his greatness to his people over trivial matters. Fire benders were one of the few benders Enya DIDN'T hate....completely. She was more tolerant of them--to a point--if anything, because the Goddess Takamagahara, her ancestor, had been married to F'yr, the Fire God, the ancestor of Owlan's line. Without F'yr, Takamagahara's line, and that of the Takamagahara Clan, would not be.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:42 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Spoiler:

Thoroughly affronted, Castiel fixed the woman with his coolest stare. He knew very little of her clan, and much less about the woman herself, but only because the Clan was quite unpopular from where he hailed. No matter; she was overstepping her boundaries and treading well into unsafe waters. It was vaguely amusing, and even cute, that the leader of such a tiny little Clan possessed such a large ego. He had been called an idiot before, but the word only slipped past his brother, Cassian's lips, and when it did, it was more of affection than anything. They were brothers; of course Cassian did not truly deem him a fool. Any blind knave can see the bond between them was magnetic in its entirety. Cassian respected him more than anyone. He knew his brother's strengths and weaknesses. All his sin and virtue. And it was because of this that Castiel held his ground. Offended, he was, but none of the woman's words touched his heart. What should he gain from listening to an ignorant woman prattle on about such knave beliefs?

"You seem to think you are somehow superior to me, and to the people of my nation," he began, lavender-blue eyes glinting. "I will say this: My ancestors were proud, peace-loving people. I am sad that the near annihilation of a tribe of innocent men, woman and children is less of a surprising tragedy and more of a matter of the lack of stargazing and tact associated with my late ancestors. In fact, you somehow seem to think they deserved such a fate. But I will tell you something .." He took a step forward, imperial robes swishing almost imperceptibly.

"When the Northern Water Tribe was attacked, every nation knew of it. They wept. They prayed. And it was written in books and stars to pass down through the ages. I see such information has fallen unto you. In fact, you seem to be quite the scholar yourself.

"Through speculation, you decide that because we were the victims of a madman - whom you also seem to have done a bit of research on - we were idiotic for not having seen it coming. The near fall of the tribe was tragic, at best. A milestone. Even now, hundreds of years later, you reflect on my ancestor's supposed negligence with no small amount of tenacity. They've rebuilt, become allies and even close friends with the Fire Nation, and moved on. In fact, after the event, the Fire Lord allowed a former Northern Water Tribe boy, my great-great grandfather, to live in his palace. You, however, are stuck on an event that is long gone. They've won that battle, but penultimately lost the war.

"You are the ignorant one," said Castiel coolly. "The Northern Water Tribe was and still is one of the great four nations. You are a part of a sect. If this Clan were attacked, some will weep, but centuries down the line no one will care for a tiny Clan with such a poisonous, cold-hearted, pretentious woman for a leader."

Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:05 am

Enya smiled, and her smile twitched and it became a chuckle. The chuckle then evolved into a laugh, and Enya doubled over. "There we go," she said as she stopped laughing, "That is how a leader should be. Standing there, apologizing and being silent, a leader must be ruthless when he has to be." Enya then turned around and began walking down the street, this boy was amusing, but he was young, and he understood nothing.

"By the way," she said just before she turned a corner, "There is one person who would care of our destruction, and that would be the Gods, specifically my ancestor, Takamagahara. They would smite those who slew us, and rebuild the world anew, as stated within our holy scriptures. It would also surprise you, perhaps, that our clans have stood for thousands of years more than your nations have. The Sand People are an ancient one, and have lived in these lands since before any of the original four nations were found. In the beginning it was just us, Light and Dark."

Enya then left the boy standing there alone, she did not fear the boy so long as she was in her own clan. In fact, she would not fear him if the situation was reversed and they were in his, she would gladly die if she could even punch him once, though, she would probably punch him anyway while he was here, at some point. She didn't care. He needed it.
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:20 pm

| Prince Castiel |

Spoiler:

Castiel watched the woman go, before he tentatively mirrored her steps and went after her. He strode to catch up, as the woman had longer legs and an head start, and once he was just a few paces behind her and glanced up at the back of her head. She did still appear a bit miffed, but he did not regret what he'd said.

"Where are we going?" he asked, finally, walking briskly. His long ponytail wreathed about in the air. It was going to be sunset soon, and the idea of remaining with this woman past nightfall made his hackles stand on end.

Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Kouzai
Loremaster General
Loremaster General
Fire Lord Kouzai

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:45 pm

"We?" asked Enya with a scoff, "Please don't make me laugh. I'M heading to the Temple of Takamagahara to pray, at sundown all komd crerdram go to pray to the Gods." Enya wasn't sure how she felt about this boy, she didn't hate him--far from it. But she didn't like him either exactly...making fun of him was fun, but at the same time, she never truly meant it. "For those who don't know," started Enya, "That is our language for 'sand children'."

Enya was simply testing the boy, if he could withstand her tongue lashing, he was allowed to stay. Many great leaders were disliked by even a few, in fact, Fire Lord Honno-ji had once been insulted by an entire crowd of peasants who still supported Ozai and Sozin. Since then, Honno-ji would reserve one day a week in which entire crowds of unhappy people would come to see him in his palace, be wined and dined by the palace, and complain to him--with no restraint. It would allow them to get out their anger and frustration at the Fire Lord himself, and it would allow the Fire Lord to A. Make corrections to his rule where he needed so that everyone was better off and B. Feed those who were starving from lack of money.

"I suppose even a dumb water bender can join us in our religious celebrations," said Enya, "It may yet give you some intelligence. But watch who's toes you step on from now on, or I shall have you killed, and I don't give a damn which tribe, nation or leader I piss off if I do. My people and I are willing to die for what we believe, which is more than can be said for the other nations."
Back to top Go down
LadyKura
Administrator
Administrator
LadyKura

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:27 am

| Prince Castiel |

Spoiler:

Castiel shot the woman a wry smile. "Let's just agree to disagree; our priorities obviously clash. And as for the latter side to your claims, yes, the Gods did seem to have us in good blessing."

The two traveled onward. Castiel had the sense they were heading outside of the city. As they approached a series of guards stationed at the barrier, he felt malicious eyes upon him. His form tensed instinctively, but he very much felt he had nothing to fear. Naturally his slender, lithe stature caused friend and enemy alike to underestimate him. He spent most of his time being protected, so his guise as a formidable warrior remained sheathed under a cloak of frailty and naivete. Cassian had taught him much, much more, however, and it was his brother that instilled in him perseverance and the advantages of discreetness. However, in this Clan he stuck out like a sore thumb regardless. His dark violet hair and blue-lavender eyes marked him tribal more than anything, and in turn exposed him to extreme prejudice and unfair judgments on the sand people's part.

"I assume you have religion where you are from, am I right water bender? I know the other nations worship the same Gods as us and each other. Do you worship the water patriarch Ilyd as you should? Or have you blasphemed against her and turned your back on tradition? If so, then you will need proper instruction of how to act within our temple, our most holy of places, but if not, then I trust you know what to do."

Castiel nodded. "I do .. but forgive me if I blunder. I have not participated in the ritual ever since I was very young." Of course, Castiel knew by now that requesting any form of 'forgiveness' from Enya was just futile. It was like asking a dog not to bark. But his politeness was returning fragment by fragment. Furthermore, the details regarding his loss of faith he kept to himself. The death of his mother crippled any kind of hope Castiel held and thus his depression was a long and oppressive one. He didn't expect the woman to understand let alone allow him to pass it off as an excuse.

Last edited by LadyKura on Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters   Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mistress of the Sands meets the Prince of the Northern Waters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG :: The Avatar RPG Archives *Insert Angel Music Here* :: Golden Topics-
Jump to: